[Drama 2011] New Tales of the Gisaeng 신기생뎐

Guest fanda4000

Guest dramaok

it's so cute when Sohn Ja and Gong Joo visit Saran at BYG

anyone notice the couple look? hahah~ they look so compatible in stripes~ blush.gif

Yes! I grin when I see these two. I can't wait to see Sohn Ja interact with Ra Ra too, when he moves in there.

and i know Sohn Ja will miss Gong Joo so much, so hopefully the separation will be good.

e28110424hdtvxvidbarosa.jpge28110424hdtvxvidbarosa.jpg

so far we haven't really had any real kisses in this drama. it's been nearly 30 episodes everyone!!

we know eventually damo and saran will have some sizzling sexy kisses on screen (oh god.. hopefully before ep. 50).

but i think an awkward and sweet kiss between Sohn Ja and Gong Joo would make me giggle silly too.

Ra Ra and Oh Jin Ahm... bleh...

Given his position in the film-making industry, Mr Ma could easily have a collection of 'v-card'. I doubt he'll be interested in any hair-raising session. SaRan intrigues him, he felt challenged, he's after an intellectual relationship with her. My guess is - he won't force himself on her, he will lay the bait and wait for her to come to him willingly. Somehow I have a feeling that he and SaRan will put on an ACT to drive DaMo out of BYG.

On SaRan taking over the helm of BYG one day -

NO WAY! SaRan's character is totally unsuitable.

I think it's possible that Mr. Midas might actually have genuine fondness for Saran.

at the end of ep. 28 he told Saran he wanted to date her, and he seemed genuine to me.

Of course no one here needs to see him sleep with Saran,

but i don't find him so repulsive like others here,

(it's because i'm partial to the actor, who's played many heroic type roles in other dramas)

so i hope he can be a mentor to her or a helping hand... like Hwaran is.

I read someone's words on the official board, and the netizen stated it's her guess that Midas chief will actually help Damo and Saran. you see him talking to Hwaran about Damo's existence, and maybe he will make Saran a celebrity or something that will make her more eligible in status to be Damo's match.

on Saran taking over BYG..

it's true we will probably see her marry Damo eventually,

but because of the title of the drama..

i am still leaning on her really following the footsteps of Miss Min in the novel too.

i think it's half apprehension, and half intrigue though... to see what's gonna happen to Saran,

independent of her relationsihp with Damo.

--------

mirrorj.jpg

Mr. Gangster Boss and Madame Cha Ra-Ri using similar mirrors.

maybe the same? lol.

available at Eun Sung mart, perhaps.

------------

Last episode ratings:

AGB Nielsen: 19.3%.

New Gisaeng tales started out as the last place in ratings,

but in recent weeks it's been #1.

now everyone's waiting for it to break the 20% mark,

which is hard to do these days.

Sunday's same time-slot dramas:

MBC Do you hear my heart: 15.9%

KBS King Geunchogo: 11.3%

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes! I grin when I see these two. I can't wait to see Sohn Ja interact with Ra Ra too, when he moves in there.

and i know Sohn Ja will miss Gong Joo so much, so hopefully the separation will be good.

*quoted image**quoted image*

so far we haven't really had any real kisses in this drama. it's been nearly 30 episodes everyone!!

we know eventually damo and saran will have some sizzling sexy kisses on screen (oh god.. hopefully before ep. 50).

but i think an awkward and sweet kiss between Sohn Ja and Gong Joo would make me giggle silly too.

I was thinking this also. Usually by the 20 eps. or onward, we should have seen some romantic kisses. The only one we have seen was the one where Damo drag Sa-ran underneath the water in the swimming pool. I think that might be Sa-ran first kiss because afterward she was touching her lips in the evening. Is this writer famous for writing in kisses???

Well, I am still waiting for that magic moment. I can dream can't I???? tongue2.gif

Just remembered this week's waiting will be extended by TWENTY-THREE hours

:tears:

Broadcasting Note:

Ep. 29, which is originally scheduled to air on Saturday, 4-30-2011 will be preempted,

due to broadcasting of ISU World Figure Skating Championship.

On Sunday, May 1st, 2011, both ep. 29 and ep. 30 will air consecutively,

starting 8:40 PM Seoul Standard Time.

No change on next week's ep. 27 and 28 schedule.

SRC: SBS Gisaeng Pg. http://tv.sbs.co.kr/gisaeng/index.html

Guest liaahx

I think he's really cute too, so I'm really happy he got rid of the blond hair LOL. His name is Jun Ji-hoo, I don't know much else about him other than he was in also in God of Study.

I think he's really cute too, so I'm really happy he got rid of the blond hair LOL. His name is Jun Ji-hoo, I don't know much else about him other than he was in also in God of Study.

Yes he has this cute baby smile which makes you feel all protective (Gong Joo & Saran showed those tendencies at times). Me too, very glad he finally got rid of that weird blond combo hair - gimme plain anytime :rolleyes:

Liked the way he felt the need to get rid of it before the scheduled meeting with his grandma.

hahaha!! yup hated the yellow hair too :-) thanks!!

Guest dramaok

Jeon Ji-Hoo was also in the medical historical, Jejoongwon [제중원] (2010):

sohnja.jpg

He is a 1985-er.

So in reality he is actually 5 years older than Im Su-Hyang who plays Saran,

and he's also 3 years older than Ra Ra's Han Hye-Rin.

I dont know how old the actress Baek Ok-Dam, playing Gong Joo is.

there's like no info on her age anywhere.

but she can't be over 22 i think,

since she played a teenager in writer Im's previous drama,

and i think that was like 2009 maybe.. and she was def a teenager in real life then.

and he's been in couple of MVs too.

this is his debut MV I don't care

(but you can't really see him in it lol):

this one 그래도 고마워

he's very clear but it's um... ya.

Found some nice pictures of our Sohn Ja.

His eyes are beauuutiful.

click on spoiler tag to see a few more.

979198786fnmmsuce6.jpg

71760868.jpg71960068.jpg

979198786hsfeqonj8.jpg

979198786wyvlgonv10.jpg

Guest dramaok

Just remembered this week's waiting will be extended by TWENTY-THREE hours

:tears:

if it makes you feel any better.. though probably not, but i do feel your pain too..

anyways...

they were gonna preempt both days, satur and sunday but the folks on the sbs board like had a major cow.

i mean they were really mad. so they had a petition and made, yes MADE sbs not preempt at least one of the days,

so SBS did better even, and said they would adjust the sunday schedule so they can show both episodes back to back.

heehehee love me fellow addicts.

Guest kutielayla

I wish the Midas chief somehow adopted Saran so her status will change and get married to Damo. But it's not oing to happen.

*quoted image*

He is a 1985-er.

and i think that was like 2009 maybe.. and she was def a teenager in real life then.

this one 그래도 고마워

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Haba haba! woah! he looks hot......

soong joooo......

*quoted image*

He is a 1985-er.

this one 그래도 고마워

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

he is indeed a cutie pie hahahaha!! thanks for the info!! hope to see more of him in future dramas..he was born in 1985..i guess that means he will be leaving for military service soon?

*quoted image*

He is a 1985-er.

this one 그래도 고마워

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

His eyes are beautiful??? His EYES???  He looks like he could be my favorite dessert!!!  

heehehee love me fellow addicts.

TOTALLY!!

Btw - thanks for Sohn Ja's pics - very cute. His eyes are definitely a highlight - so poetic!

And guess what... I believe our Gong Joo makes a cameo appearance in SKKS (that is Sungkyunkwan Scandal).

I was re-watching some episodes and in the last episode when Geol Oh catches and unveils the Cheung Bok Sa (the Blue messenger), I think its our Gong Joo. At least it looks a lot like her :).... So chweet :D

SKKSE20avi_003675241.jpg

Perhaps, Writer Im has given us another clue by using the "A Million Red Roses" song.  I wonder if she is envisioning either Midas CEO or DM to be the painter in the song.  ???  :huh:

I agree that Midas CEO already has a fondness for SR.  But, I'm not sure if the fondness is as a suitor, entertainment CEO or possibly, even as a parent.  Actually, MIdas CEO, himself, may also have not defined it yet. 

One thing about Midas CEO stays in my mind.  And that is DoHwa's comment about him liquidating his entertainment holdings and asking if his health was well.  Instead of replying to DoHwa, he deflected her question by saying that there's all these rumors going around.  Later, he joked about how he's making a movie that is different from any previous one he's made.  So, that must mean the end for him is near.   :huh:

I hope that RR discover the true nature of Dr. Oh and his scheming mother before the wedding takes place.  If not, then, it will be an interesting battle between Dr. Oh's mother and RR's bio mom.   Also, Dr. Oh and his mother doesn't yet know how many people will come to RR's aid.   Such as Grandmother, ES, SD, bio mom and dad, SJ, GJ, SR, DM and even JoHee.  Dr. Oh and his mother won't stand a chance.  Hah!  :P

I am so bored waiting for the next eps. to start - this drama is going to give me an anxiety complex because of the wait. Anyway, in eps. 28 - near the middle, I was watching the confrontation between Damo and his Mom. Do you guys notice the prejudices in the class symbol in the Korean culture. I guess in most of the Asian culture. The Mom was having a really bad heartburn because her son washes the floor, carries the food trays, washes the window, etc. She could not see her son doing all these chores. Whereas Damo is telling her he is glad he has done all of these because it is teaching him the value of the labor - I am sure the Dad will not have a problem with Damo working this hard because remember he sent Damo to the countryside because he wouldn't take Andre skiing.

I really truly believe the Dad will accept Sa-ran more as a daughter-in-law without the heartburn the Mom did. He values a good and hard worker. I think after Damo explain (more like shouting with his Dad) on why he did what he did, his father will understand.

I am also is thinking ahead to the conclusion (I know we have another 22 more eps. to go) but I have a feeling JooHee (Ra-Ra's mom - not the one who gave birth to her) will take over the Gisaeng House. She is really having a hard time understanding this guy (no manners and doesn't really want to hold hands) who she left her other family for. She will realized she can't go back but she can go over to the Gisaeng House. Her Great Aunt left it for her. This way Hwa-ran can go find her husband. And also Ra-Ra will probably help her run the place. I don't think her marriage will last when she finds out about Dr. Oh and his mother. She too is too proud to go home but can go to house to be with her Mom.

I am sorry to be boring and typing nonsense. I need to go watch another drama while I am waiting for Sunday. Any suggestion people????

Guest dramaok

yeah the waiting takes a lot of patience.

a virtue not in my pillars.

found these pictures.

what a laugh.

13035447992011042316470.png

13035447992011042316470.png

and this very pretty.

main4g.jpg

---------

Dear scholar silvermine,

it pangs me to discuss SKKS because i miss it so much,

(i think you understand)

but that picture you posted does look like Gong Joo,

but i found this gif... made by our fellow soompier,

i think it was salasala or something similar to that nick.

(sorry i forgot the exact name).

but in here you can tell it's not Gong Joo, the actress.

rite?

http://cfile217.uf.daum.net/image/167A4C254CDE54443C21EF

now i go to youtube and watch clips of lee seon joon. ><

Archived