[Drama 2011] Midas 마이더스

Guest o-cha

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dekikowora

For the sake of melodrama in Midas sad ending for 1st lead is ok for me, but for no min woo's character whatever it is please be happy ending huahaha really shallow here ....This drama will be good for min woo he can learn a lot and please be the lead for the next role , no need to keep learning as a 2nd lead he can do it too as 1st lead, he has the potential and I and all the hwanjas believe in him.

Guest spazgal420

No Min Wooooooo! I mentioned this in his thread earlier but I'll say it again here. I read on Baidu that he'll be taking on the role of second lead, Yoo Myung Joon.

Here are the character descriptions in Korean and Chinese.

유명준(31세, 남)

유인혜의 유일한 친동생

유필상에게 내쳐진 생모아래에서 유인혜와 같이 자라났다.

강 인했던 인혜와 달리 연약한 성격의 명준은 자신의 출생과 불행의 원인인 돈을 경멸하게 됬다. 버려진 재벌가의 딸이라는 운명의 굴레를 벗기위해 유인혜가 한국을 떠나있던 사이 정신이상증세를 보인 어머니를 보살피는 것은 온전히 명준의 몫이었다. 그래서인지 얼음장과 같은 유인혜도 명준에 관한 일이라면 늘 마음한켠이 아려온다. 돈과 출생에 대한 환멸로 세상을 소모하듯 살아오던 명준의 앞에 정연이 등장한다.

유명준(31세, 남)

유인혜의 남동생.

유필상 가문중에 유일하게 인혜와 같은 어머니에게서 태어났다.

다른 형제들과 달리 아버지에게 싫은 감정을 노골적으로 드러내 유필상의 눈밖에 난지 오래다.

어린시절, 어머니가 갑자기 사라졌다. 자신에게 크기만 했던 어머니의 부재에 아무렇지도 않았던 아버지. 명준의 반감은 확실치는 않지만 여기서부터 기인한 것일지도 몰랐다.

아버지가 하지 말라는 것만 하면서 방탕하게 살아온 그는, 우연히 만난 정연에게 묘한 매력을 느낀다.

그동안 자신의 돈으로 넘어오지 않은 여자가 없었다. 하지만 그녀는 달랐다. 그래도 명준의 주변에는 수많은 여자가 있었고, 이정연은 그냥 잠시 흥미를 느꼈던 여자로 스쳐갔다.

하지만 방탕한 삶에 대한 벌인 듯 그가 말기암 환자가 되고, 공교롭게 그의 개인 간호사로 이정연이 오면서부터 둘 사이에 묘한 기류가 흐른다.

물론 자신이 환자인 이유이겠지만, 프로페셔널리티로 자신을 대하는 정연에게서 명준은 그동안 한번도 느껴보지 못했던 따뜻함을 느낀다.

명준의 동경어린 사랑과, 재수없게 굴던 명준이, 죽음을 앞둔 초췌한 모습으로 나타난 것에 대한 정연의 연민은 둘사이에 묘한 기류를 흐르게 한다.

刘明俊(31岁,男)

刘仁惠(金喜爱)唯一的亲弟弟。

是在被刘必尚(明俊爸爸)抛弃的亲生妈妈身边,和刘仁惠一起长大的。

和坚强的仁惠不同,明俊性格较柔弱。他认为钱是自己出生和不幸原因,因此对钱很鄙夷。刘仁惠为了摆脱“被财阀抛弃的女儿”这一命运枷锁而离开了韩国,这期间,母亲显得精神异常,照顾她的责任全部落到了明俊身上。也许因为如此,若是与明俊有关的事的话,冰冷的刘仁惠内心也能时常感觉到。因为对于钱和自己出生的鄙夷,明俊生活的似乎玩世不恭,直到静妍(李敏贞饰)的出现。

刘明俊(31岁,男)

刘仁惠(金喜爱)的弟弟。

刘必尚家门中唯一与仁惠同母的亲弟弟。

和别的兄弟不同,父亲刘必尚对他的厌恶非常明显,一直视其为眼中钉。

小的时候,母亲突然消失了。父亲对母亲的不见也从没有说过什么。明俊对父亲的反感虽然不明显,但是这事或许就是(之后所有事)的起因。

他只做父亲不允许的事,玩世不恭。但却在偶遇的静妍身上感受到了独特的魅力。

之前的女人都因为钱而接近自己,但是静妍不同。即便如此,因为身边有无数个女人,他也仅仅认为对静妍只是暂时感兴趣而已。

但是或许是对他生活放荡的惩罚,明俊得了末期癌症。正巧他的个人看护就是李静妍。两人之间流动着奇妙的感觉。

虽然明俊清楚,因为自己是病患,静妍对自己(的关心)也只是处于专业性。但明俊仍感受到了此前从未感受过的温暖。

明俊初开的爱情之花,不幸的明俊,面临死亡而逐渐憔悴的模样,静妍对此产生的怜悯,两人之间流动着奇妙的感觉。

So he's going to die in the end? :o:(:tears:

I also hope that for his next project he'll be the lead but nonetheless, I can't wait to see him in a drama again! A month and a half away! I hope we can see pictures of the cast soon. I'm curious as to what his hair will look like for this one haha. Hopefully it's similar to the MGIG one :D

Guest cancerb

Lee MinJung has just begin filming today, so happy that it only about a month left before its premiere, :w00t:

And No Min Woo as Janghyuk love rival??? YES YES YES,.. i cant ask for more :P

I would def gonna have a hard time rooting for who :lol: :lol: :lol:

DIE DIE DIE! OMG!!!! Noh Min Woo!!!! squeeeeeee!!!!

Ehmmm excuse the fangirliness in me. NMW was the only reason I finished watching My Girlfriend is a Gumiho. Thanks for the good news overdosetheaddiction!

True about NMW being eaten alive when it comes to acting (though he showed great acting potential in Rock Rock Rock)..but the good thing for him is that he is surrounded by great actors...Jang Hyuk and Kim Hee Ae are proven quality actors...and Lee Min Jung is also uber talented.

As far as what role he would play...hmmmm....I'd like it if he plays the chaebol that Jung Yun (LMJ) is going after..but he seems too young for that role. In the original outline for Midas the character Yoo Myung Joon is 31 years old....and hmmm as mature as Noh Min Woo might look..he doesn't look 31....although of course they can always make the character be younger to let's say 27 years old to be same age as Lee Jung Yun (LMJ).

Another possibility would be him playing Kim Do Hyun (Jang Hyuk)'s younger half brother.

I still want him as Yoo Myung Joon though...just imagining Lee Min Jung being romanced by Jang Hyuk and Noh Min Woo...gaaaaaaaahhh!!!

EDIT: OK...so he's definitely taking the role of Yoo Myung Joon then??? HOORAYYYYYYY!!!

EDIT 2: spazzgal or any of our Chinese speaking Midas fans..do you mind translating Yoo Myung Joon's character description? I'd like to put up his info on the first page. thanks!

Guest overdosetheaddiction

i posted the chara description of myung jun over at a no min-woo adoration page at facebook. :) hopefully she'd be able to translate it today. :)

i seriously slept with the dilema of choosing between jang hyuk (my absolute favorite korean actor lol) and no min-woo (my favorite korean musician/artist/personality/etc)

Yoo Myung Joon (31 years old, male)

Yoo In Hye's (Kim Hee-ae) only younger brother.

He grew up with his biological mother, who was abandoned by his father, Yoo Pil Sang (Yoo Myung Joon's father), along with Yoo In Hye.

Unlike In Hye, Myung Joon has a more softer and more delicate character. He believes that money is the reason to the misfortune that he has suffered. Therefore, he finds that money is evil and despicable.

In order to get rid of and escape the negative image of "the abandoned daughther of a chaebol", In Hye left Korea. During this period of time when she was away, her mother started suffering some mental disorder. Thus, the job of looking after her fell in the hands of Myung Joon.

And maybe because of this, the cold-hearted In Hye can often sense and detect any matters that is related to Myung Joon.

Due to the prejudice towards money and his own birth, Myung Joon seems cynical and waste his time by partying from dusk til dawn. He was like this till Jung Yun (Lee Min Ji) appeared in his life.

Yoo Myung Joon (31 years old, male)

Yoo In Hye's (KimHee-ae) younger brother.

The other biological child of In Hye in the Yoo family.

Unlike other brothers, their father detests them greatly, and had always seen them as a pain in the neck.

When they were young, their mother had suddenly disappeared. However, their father did not say a word about their mother's sudden disappearance to them.

And maybe because of this incident, Myung Joon started disliking his father subconsciously.

He only did things that his father disapproves of, wasting his time away by partying from dawn till dusk.

However, fate has made an arrangement for him to meet Jung Yun (Lee Minji), which Myung Joon found very captivating.

Previously, all the women approached him due to the fact that his family is rich. However, Jung Yun was different.

But because of all the past experiences with women, he thought that Jung Yun was the same as the others, and will only be interested in him for a short period of time.

Maybe because heavens above couldn't stand his wastrel behaviors anymore, Myung Joon found himself down with terminal stage cancer.Co-incidentally, the nurse who was in-charge of him was Jung Yun. As time goes by, there was some chemistry and love blossoming between the two. Although Myung Jun was clear that Jung Yun's "affection and care" for him was solely between a "patient and care-taker", he still felt the warmth feeling of being loved and cared for, a feeling he has not felt before.

Myung Jun had started opening his heart to his official first love, but unfortunately, he got weaker and frailer as he faced his on-coming death. Jung Yun started feeling empathy for this situation, and the two of them started experiencing a wonderful feeling of a love blossoming.

English translation credits to:

노민우 / No Min Woo / 諾珉宇 Facebook

*Please always credit back to that site when you take out the translation. :)

Guest spazgal420

Ahh sorry guys! I went to bed last night and didn't see the translation request but glad it's done already ^_^

Wow I'm pretty excited to see him be a playboy. Playboys are usually dressed up and made up to be pretty charismatic and well, hot hehe. I REALLY hope there will be at least one girl in the drama who's in love with him though, or at least have lots of cute scenes with Lee Min Jung. He deserves some loving!

thanks guys! Should I put the first or second description for Yoo Myung Joon? Or a mix of both? The 2nd one might be too long but the first one is definitely too short.

Pic of the first episode script

cr: Noh Min Woo's twitter

439a.jpg

Midas casting update

20110108_1294468042_99763300_1.jpg

김성겸 (Kim Sung Kyum) will play the role of Yoo Pil Sang (Yoo In Hye and Yoo Myung Joon's father)

Hope to see more casting news soon...

And if anybody happens to live in Korea and are interested in becoming extras for the drama Midas..here's the link to the extras agency

http://www.albamon.com/albamon/list/gi/mon_gib_read.asp?AL_GI_No=11859412

it's pretty much confirmed that No Minwoo's playing Yoo Myung Joon right? i can't really imagine him playing that age though lol, will they give him a 'stache?

and i'm surprised that this thread isn't like packed, considering there's Jang Hyuk and Lee Minjung.

also, what's with all the kdramas nowadays? there's Athena, Midas and Poseidon lol .. is this a trend?

Guest marinai

Will wwatch this for my girl crush Lee Min Jung and I find the storyline quite unusual, and I like it!!! Feelings between second male lead and 1rst female lead! wow can't wait !

Guest mozilla199

Midas: Lee Min Jung & Noh Min Woo !!!!.

oh, yeahhhh!!!!

I'm really excited about this couple ^^!    They will become nice couple soon :))

Lee Min Jung's so beautiful

& Noh Min Woo's very attractive  :D

Midas!!!   Midas!!!  Midas!!! 

Ahahahaha I hope they don't give him a mustache. They can always make the character younger I suppose.

LOL am i just blinded or does someone here other than me finds a moustached no min-woo attractive? LOL i think he looks hot with sageuk facial hair in Gumiho. >:D

Guest ahmeshyuh

LOL am i just blinded or does someone here other than me finds a moustached no min-woo attractive? LOL i think he looks hot with sageuk facial hair in Gumiho. >:D

abi, no mustache please...i'd rather have him clean-shaven...and please..no more super short hair...

(yey! my first post to this site ..no more stalking  visitor mode for me...)

Guest mozilla199

I'm very curious about this drama ^^

actors & actresses in Midas are really talent :)   . Script of Midas is also unusual  :)

can't wait to see it!!!  :D

abi, no mustache please...i'd rather have him clean-shaven...and please..no more super short hair...

(yey! my first post to this site ..no more stalking  visitor mode for me...)

LOL congrats on your first soompi post, delurker. =p

well... how would they make him look older then? tanning him up wouldn't be an option, since he will be playing a dying cancer patient. =p

i want to see jang hyuk with face hair and specs like johnny freakin depp. XD

Guest cancerb

So the 2nd male lead will end up with the female lead?? If that happen this is gonna be the FIRST ONE in korean drama history :phew:

Ahhh cant wait cant wait!!!! so exciteddddd :w00t:

Guest Simina

So the 2nd male lead will end up with the female lead?? If that happen this is gonna be the FIRST ONE in korean drama history :phew:

Ahhh cant wait cant wait!!!! so exciteddddd :w00t:

@cancerb I will contradict you in the next:

Spoiler ahead  for dramas where the second male lead gets the main female lead (only 3... I don't want to spoil the entire Kdrama history)

errmm in BK the second lead got the main girl, in QSD BiDam got the queen's love,1000years of love the general(Kim Nam JIn) gets the princess etc It wouldn't  be the first or the last drama where second lead gets the girl... but getting the girl in a coffin isn't smth desirable .... but we all cried a river of tears when Bidam died.... or BK fans were so thrilled when the wedding happened

even Second guy will sport a mustache it will be for a short time because chemotherapy and facial hair can't be in the same time - usually those treatments kill fast growing cells and hair cells grow fast  ... and it's not necessary for the pacient to be pale or skinny ... in BEP schema boys get fat  like 5 to 10 kg and a lil tanned without sun - the skin cells suffer modifications

the guy dies sometime during the drama or short after it- coz rarely u can see a type of cancer treatable in last stage (2nd or 3rd maybe depends on type)

I know that NMW can wish for a role like TaeHa  or BiDam - with lots of shippers for the second lead... and as we know for so many fans Chuno was about the hunted slave(I was one of them) and not the slave hunter...(whom I loved to bits too)

indeed he has a chance in 2 cases:

1 the scriptwriter makes smth like Chuno , Baker King or QSD and gives enough attention and screentime  for the secondary guy... but I doubt it coz in 16 eps we have here a MiShil in making with secondary girl and Jang Hyuk's role should be smth to remember DaeGil or better ... so they don't have enough time  to develop all the chars... this looks like a family drama but those usually have 30 eps to 50 eps  .... not only 16... it could be a small chance to be a lil longer coz they started the filming pretty soon... until March they have 3 months of filming ... enough to shoot 10 eps or more....

2 the scriptwriter fails to make those 2 chars interesting and lovable to the korean public(wouldn't be the first time  when a household name fails the main chars) so the public attention will concentrate on main girl and her love for poor-rich-almost-dead-guy

3 and kinda  impossible... NMW sweeps the drama under the feet of experienced cast.... with one-to-one with Jang Hyuk and one-to-one with EvilSmartSis  and everyone in Korea falls in love with his char.. but for this they need 20%+ in ratings and a super-mega-very-interesting story for Koreans to buy(Chuno and Baker King level) He rocks the small screen and  I know he improves himself role by role ....but  we are talking about Jang Hyuk and Kim Hee Ae  ...(LMJ should be complementary  with him and not a competitor)

as  I discussed with @overdoseaddiction on facebook ... the secondary male lead looks a lil bit with the quintessential kdrama hero .... with a twist.... the male lead is one of the most expected anti-heroes of this spring. As in  chara description  second lead is a  bad boy but not a villain see SG these days... Full House,Pasta (Chep),PK-ohh Baek Seung Jo, City Hall,MNKSS,Prosecutor Princess,Brilliant legacy,BBF,Delightful Girl Choon Hyang etc... theese dramas have the main lead a really bad boy who transforms from Mr Wild to Mr NiceGuy coz of the Heroine

I still pray to Kdrama Gods to see NMW in another role and not YMJ ... even I know isn't quite possible-as far as I know NMW is in the drama but I haven't seen smth official that Rose  is THE Second lead.... so the options are multiple:D

waw I forgot how much I love making parallels between kdramas

Archived