Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest o-cha

[Drama 2011] Midas 마이더스

Guest spazgal420

So the 2nd male lead will end up with the female lead?? If that happen this is gonna be the FIRST ONE in korean drama history :phew:

Ahhh cant wait cant wait!!!! so exciteddddd :w00t:

Wait wait. Where did it say that?!

Were you referring to the part about how there will be feelings between the second lead and the nurse? I doubt he's going to end up with her. It was probably just saying that he will develop feelings for her, or she might like him for a while but will end up with the lead at the end. It always happens like that :/

@Simina, I was actually just thinking that this drama will most likely end up being one of those ones with an overwhelming number of second lead couple shippers. I based that on how for the last few days, all of us who are in the thread discussing the drama have been NMW fans haha.

Guest o-cha

I won't be surprised if many people will root for Yoo Myung Joon to end up with Lee Jung Yun...after all look at the character description under Kim Do Hyun (Jang Hyuk)..the guy is gonna cheat on his girl. And Yoo Myung Joon (Noh Min Woo) will possibly be dying..what's not to root for? Also the fact that in real life Jang Hyuk is a married man with 2 kids wouldn't really help any 'shipping' possibility :lol:

However having said that this drama is mainly about Kim Do Hyun and like you guys know 2nd guy almost never gets the girl....but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy the side love story between Myung Joon and Jung Yoon, right?

In all honesty I think taking this role is a good step for Noh Min Woo. He's a relative newbie in acting...he should be soaking all the acting experience he can get and he is surrounded by great actors and is taking a drama by a famous writer. I know some people may not like the writer Choi Wan Gyoo..but have to admit it that he's had some BIG hits in the not so distant past. Besides his role should be much more likeable than Gumiho's Dongjoo sonsaeng so definitely good opportunity to get more fans ^_^

Simina: had to break it to you..but seems like NMW himself pretty much confirmed it in his twitter that he's playing Yoo Myung Joon. In one of his twits he said something "명준 이란 아이 로딩중"...roughly translated as "Loading(I wonder if he meant reading??)a kid named Myung Joon". And this twit is a day before he post the midas script pic.

BTW I love how you do the parallels with the other K-dramas.

Midas fighting!

Guest Simina

@Simina, I was actually just thinking that this drama will most likely end up being one of those ones with an overwhelming number of second lead couple shippers. I based that on how for the last few days, all of us who are in the thread discussing the drama have been NMW fans haha.

or the writer can make a big surprise as SG;s writer did ... as in the end  nothing is really the way it looksin first 3eps .... Seul in first ep looks as a second girl we'd love to hate....yet.... I shipped like mad Seul and Oska.... so no matter the scripts in our heads... I hope that Midas team will deliver an awesome melodrama

but YMJ's old sis seems to be the villain here... and never in love before...so let's give her a chance too :P

later edit in reply to o-cha

is not that YMJ doesn't look like a meaty role specially for NMW...btw I have faith that he will do just fine...he angsts like there is no tomorrow...Only and only if he delivers really really reaaaaalllyyy lousy just then he could have smth to lose-but how hard can it be to look good and act as a playboy??He doesn't look as  Virgin Mary to me .... (look at Actresses butler... not the aggressive type-as a playboy really is neither flirtacious or too kind with all the girls around- ... but neither the shy guy...and he knows very well what kind of girl he likes-read what kind of girl would ermmmm ahem and...... maybe I overreact... he just doesn't behaves carefully with the girls  on the "don't care" list )

my big problem is that usually I'm crazy for dramas related with my real life... but I can't watch my favorite kactor in cancer reloaded-I... I run like hell from this subject... however a dead char usually gets a lot of sympathy

Jang Hyuk married... I know...and where is the problem?is not like I would take him home .... I don't have a problem to ship him in a couple-I love to see him acting...and I shipped him like mad with Sul Hwa and I kinda like his char in Teach me English... his problem is that I already like Rose .... and second his char being so naughty  he depends a lot on the script and PD

Guest overdosetheaddiction

OMG simina we're always boarding the same ship why is that LOL i too ship seul+oska seolhwa+daegil like batsh*t crazy LOL

o-cha, i would probably follow do hyun's character developments away from the jung yoon love arc and see an uncanon OTP in jang hyuk and kim hee ae LOL wait, i think i haven't seen how these two would be related in the drama yet. XD

speaking of hee ae, i still can't seperate her from her character in my man's woman. :o

noooo are u telling me minwoo has to die???

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

i guess i'll have to keep watching him not get the girl and even get killed off until he can rise to the lead actor level

TTT

Guest infifinity

oh i thought the second lead guy will die since he has cancer? and i fear that the main girl will end up with no one in the end :crazy:

Guest Simina

noooo are u telling me minwoo has to die???

i guess i'll have to keep watching him not get the girl and even get killed off until he can rise to the lead actor level

TTT

errrmm even more experienced actors/actresses get a surprise coma/amnesia/sudden death .... but I use to avoid these kind of things... unless they take me unprepared  like SG did... or QSD....  in Iljimae I hated the writer in first eps when he killed the sis ... No Matter how much I love Hong sisters... HGD is on my blacklist even I saw it till the end....and so on...

@overdosetheaddiction

I have peculiar taste in shipping pairs... I had some eps in MGIAG where I shipped PDJ with  Noona... just because he was around her ... both mean, both tall  and sexy both dysfunctional in their own ways and Noona needed really bad a guy to control her... and he needed a dominatrix for sure:D not the cute GuMihO... but the scary human fox .... coz let's be honest the char wasn't Saint Peter , in Smile You I shipped LMJ's ex husband with the new manager (last eps...)-played by Choi Song Hyun - NMW's lover  in Mrs Town(gawd they all are linked somehow)in SKKS Cho Sun with Ha In Soo , in BBF Lee Min Jung as Ha Jae Kyung with Kim Joon (as Song Woo Bin)-weird I don't know where it comes from... I'd love a spin off with the 2 of them ,

now in Sign I'd love to see the cop and the prosecutor...errm in bed .. the actress is 5 years older than him-maybe this is my turn on button here... gawd LMJ is 3years and 3 months older than NMW  :> ok I'm sooo doomed

a lil offtopic today I'll see Rose in RRR on KBS world :D

so.... no official news from Midas?

Guest yoaanaa08

o finaly noh min wooooo !!!~ 

no news yet... even from min-woo. no selca even. i'm starting to believe he's growing facial hair! B) jang hyuk would be superhot, clean-shaven corporate lawyer and min-woo will be the moustached rockstar chaebol. >:) iiiii ccccccaaaaaaannnnnnn't wwwaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiittttt!!!!!

(sorry for the mad fangirlism, it's just that these two are my absolute favorite koreans rightnow lol)

@simina, for me... as long as the couples have really really delicious angst going on and/or they're opposite things romancing/contesting/intriguing each other, then damn canon, i'm aboard. ^_^ in SKKS, i initially shipped daemul and yeorim. >:D but more often than shipping uncanon OTPs, i ship my favorites with myself. =p

Guest soompigalz

LOL, This thread move faster once they announced that No MinWoo gonna be in it, cant blame that though,. :lol:

Anyway i never watch any of the writer's dramas before, but know that some of them were 20%+ rating, so i hope this time will be great as well or should i say much much greater B), coz they gonna face some tough competition from both KBS's Serious crime squad starring Kim Seung Woo and MBC's The Duo starring Chun jung myung.

Guest Simina

After RRR on KBS World  was Mysteries of Human Body...- it was about cancer and survival... they tried to make the public aware of  bone cancer at teenagers and the importance of finding it as soon as possible...and to fight with all the forces while doing treatment and beyond .... and of course to make ppl to  go hospital to make checkups ....  if I think it on this side...that ppl must be aware that early discovery of this kind of illness is easier to treat and survival is more likely ...I could watch that -somehow I doubt it  because terminal=death

@ o-cha is it me or the scriptwriter was on the team who made Iris? He also wrote  The Legendary Doctor Huh Joon which just aired in my country and now they air Jumong (I wonder how many rating points they have for December and January-unlike Korea in Romania they aren't free )

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Choi_Wan_Kyu

here is a small top of dramas aired in November when Huh Joon ended and Jumong just started -  

Thousand ppl         Rtg%

1 Iubire si onoare-Romanian drama         Acasa       447     3.91

2Narcisa salbatica-Romanian drama        Antena1   439     3.83

3Tanar si nelinistit(Young and restless)       Pro TV  413     3.61

4Mostenirea-Romanian drama                  Pro TV    406    3,55

5Legendele palatului: Doctorul Hur Jun     TVR 1  381    3,33

6Trasnitii(Romanian sitcom)                    Prima TV  357    3,12

7Legendele palatului: Printul Jumong   TVR 1       345    3,01

8Aliye-Turkish drama   Kanal D                               290    2,54

9Ezel-Turkish drama    Kanal D                               276    2,41

10Benny Hill ShowAntena 1                                    274    2,39

later edit : in 2010 Korean dramas were first in ratings .. but here TVR airs  only sageuks so: Yi San was on the first place with an average score on its run of 4.4% (aka  513,000 viewers)  and Queen Seon Deok 3.8% (aka 442,000 viewers)

Guest stardamsel

excited to LMJ new drama.. I love NMW!!!!!!!

Guest cancerb

Wait wait. Where did it say that?!

Were you referring to the part about how there will be feelings between the second lead and the nurse? I doubt he's going to end up with her. It was probably just saying that he will develop feelings for her, or she might like him for a while but will end up with the lead at the end. It always happens like that :/

Sorry if i might missunderstanding-ing thing, but referring to JungYun (LMJ) character description, it said that she just used MyungJun (NMW) as a revenge for DoHyun's (JangHyuk) betrayal, so when i read that later on she will build emphaty for MyunJun and therefore start fallin for him, make me feel that they might end-up together in the end,.

But as u said, it most likely that she still gonna end-up with the lead male,.

Anywho,.. As long as they deliver a solid story with a great acting and well-made screenplay then im a happy person B)

Guest o-cha

Myung Joon fans...relax...he might not die..K-drama usually deviates a bit from its original synopsis and/or character description. The thing is this character description of Myung Joon is from the first original plan...there might have been changes since then. I know for sure Do Hyun's character has changed since the initial planning stage to when they started filming so I'm guessing Myung Joon's character might have some changes too. For sure they won't keep the age, right? No way Min Woo can pull being a 31 year old :lol:. He's way too young..hehehe.

Now for another casting update

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/news/read.html?newsid=201101130820341118&ext=na

Jung Suk Won has been cast as Kim Hee Ae's bodyguard in 'Midas'

His character's name is Jae Bum

2011011309441910883_1.jpg

I like this guy! I always thought he is really charismatic and hot hehehe.

Simina: Yes. Choi Wan Gyu is one of the writers of IRIS (I think there are 3 writers for IRIS). He's a veteran when it comes to scriptwriting...and have written a bunch of blockbuster dramas..so let's hope Midas will follow suit in success. You should watch Jumong too if you can. It's a great drama.

overdosetheaddiction: I personally hope there's no Do Hyun-In Hye love line....hehehe..besides I think Do Hyun might get another loveline with Yoo Mi Ran (Yoo In Hye's younger sister. )

I really should try to finish the synopsis translation cuz there's more that's revealed there. Just been too busy..sighh...but will do soon as soon as I have more time.

OH YEAH ANOTHER HOT BODYGUARD!!! LOL

cancerb : i agree to mostly what you've said and i also feel that nursie might end up with patient and bail out of the deception game. and do-hyun's gonna fly (or crash and burn) solo.

o-cha : i overlooked the youngest daughter... so yea, proly there would be an OTP between her and do-hyun. but i hope it's not, like, a one-sided affection between him and an "oppa!!!" sqeeing monsterette. =p

i wish this drama lean towards cerebral and not become a melodramatic mess. much as hyukkie's macho-angsting-his-heart-out looks very delicious (daegil!) i don't wanna see him like that again. well not after Chuno. ^_^

gasp !! jung suk won! i love this guy and all the roles he's played in the dramas i've seen him in. and he plays a bodyguard, oooooh.

Guest soompigalz

Just curious. is No MinWoo's casting status considered CONFIRMED?

Coz ive just check MIDAS's Nate page and only found 1 article of his casting news, plus they're not listed his name yet in the casting list while Jung SukWon who's just recently being casted already made it there, hmmmm,..

Also anyone know whether JangHyuk still filming his movie, Clients??

min-woo confirmed it in his cyworld last night. :)

Guest o-cha

Coz ive just check MIDAS's Nate page and only found 1 article of his casting news, plus they're not listed his name yet in the casting list while Jung SukWon who's just recently being casted already made it there, hmmmm,..

Also anyone know whether JangHyuk still filming his movie, Clients??

I believe he is done filming or if not then really close to done. He shud be able to film Midas exclusively soon.

Yuup minwoo is confirmed...seeing his name mentioned in Midas articles now.

this one is a translation by qwenli @ jang hyuk's thread..I thought it's cute..hehehe...just in case people aren't aware of this...lee min Jung and jang Hyuk were in a movie together before..that's why they have a good relationship already.

-------------------------------------------

Lee Min Jung talks about Jang Hyuk during interview:

Interviewer: Do you feel that you still have alot of stuff that hv not been shown to the viewers?

Lee Min Jung: Actually all along I did not have much chance to show viewers much. However I feel such late blooming is good, I dont have so much pressure to keep up (laugh). Midas is scriptwriter Choi's drama so I really look forward to it. Plus I can work with Kim Hee Ae and Jang hyuk sunbae (seniors), I am very excited about this part.

Interviewer: Mr Jang Hyuk, how is he?

Lee Min Jung: He is really the personification of the word earnest. I received his calls a few times. His calls were" Min Jung ah, I am at Apgujeong dong, can you come out and read the script with me?", in terms of preparation and sincerity to act, he is really the best (zzang).

Guest Simina

yay the last pic of Jang Hyuk...it was posted on twitter by his manager and it looks like it is on Midas's set: I like too much that blazer :D

http://yfrog.com/gz2m7xyj

2m7xy.jpg