leslie_lei

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest samosvetleee

{SCANS} TOP “Oh Yeah” Single Album Photo Book HQ ::

tumblr_lyeycrsgQD1qjyoa0o8_500.jpg

tumblr_lyeycrsgQD1qjyoa0o1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1327924498&Signature=0%2FEQMol4P0R9t1AioK68c06uHI8%3D

tumblr_lyeycrsgQD1qjyoa0o2_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1327924499&Signature=V23aBBVNne4WeB1AFuf14ETlOB0%3D

tumblr_lyeycrsgQD1qjyoa0o4_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1327924500&Signature=Dxag8xQP5Ze2ieiJOim0c2ceYg4%3D

tumblr_lyeycrsgQD1qjyoa0o7_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1327924502&Signature=IgZn%2Fmk17W2hTF1ClFX2qF8L8Lo%3D

tumblr_lyeycrsgQD1qjyoa0o3_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1327924505&Signature=55LdObz2Zgtvp%2FPtpYQONcClOg8%3D

tumblr_lyeycrsgQD1qjyoa0o5_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1327924506&Signature=%2BAl%2F98ov9aqGE0mH5SqcA%2BIf7rE%3D

tumblr_lyeycrsgQD1qjyoa0o6_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1327924608&Signature=cgAkc1VFf%2BVe81M9mCauT5W7HZU%3D

Source: 라멜@DCTOP

Shared via bigbangforlife@tumblr

Credit : bb4life

• 4 weeks later...
Guest shinhdeplol

[NEWS] 120308 GD&TOP to collaborate with British popstar Pixie Lott

Pixie Lott

Young Foolish Happy (Japanese Edition)

Regular price (tax incl.) : ¥2,200

Release Date : 21 Mar 2012

Genre: Rock & Pop

Catalog Number: UICR1095

Format: CD

Label: Universal

Release Date: 21 Mar 2012

Release Country: Japan

Number of Discs: 1

First Press Limited Novelty: Mobile Phone Cleaner

Songs

BIGBANG badass rappers unit,GD&TOP,is back for a collaboration with the British popstar Pixie Lott (21).She was nominated 2012 BRIT Awards for British Single “All About Tonight”

Source: http://beta.universal-music.co.jp/pixie-lott/products/uicr-1095

Taken from TeamBIGBANG

BIGBANG G-Dragon and TOP Collaborates with British Singer-Songwriter Pixie Lott

4c50a72c30e25108e16eedd0c40b99ea_large.jpg

It’s been belatedly announced that BIGBANG’s G-Dragon (GD) and TOP will be featuring on British singer-songwriter Pixie Lott’s track “Dancing on My Own.” Pixie Lott will release a Japanese edition of her album "Young Foolish Happy" worldwide by the end of this month, and one of her tracks, "Dancing on My Own," will feature raps by G-Dragon and TOP.

Earlier today, YG Entertainment officials confirmed, “It’s true that G-Dragon and TOP worked with Pixie Lott. It was more than a featuring, it was almost like a duet. Pixie Lott’s agency and YG Entertainment have been acquaintances. Pixie Lott came across G-Dragon and TOP’s music through YouTube, she enjoyed them so much, and that’s how this collaboration started.” They added, “This is only the beginning, from now on, YG artists will continue to work with international artists.”

Credit: Soompi

Guest samosvetleee

{NEWS}Pixie Lott Expresses Excitement over BIGBANG GD & T.O.P's Collaboration ::

4ebc61c4ffc2363c9429827a5d70267c_large.jpg

A few days ago we reported on BIGBANG GD & T.O.P's collaboration with British singer and songwriter Pixie Lott.

Pixie Lott reportedly heard about GD & T.O.P by watching their music video via Youtube and then asked YG Entertainment for a collaboration with them.

GD & T.O.P will be featured on Pixie Lott's track "Dancing on My Own" from the Japanese edition of her  debut album "Young Foolish Happy." The song was written buy Lott herself with Toby Gad and Marty.

The singer shared about her excitement regarding her collaboration on "Dancing on My Own" featuring BIGBANG's members on her Facebook earlier. She stated, "Hi Cats! I have a collaboration with GD & TOP on my debut album in Japan which is out on the 21st March! I cant wait for you all to hear it! The track is called 'Dancing On My Own' and i wrote it with Toby Gad and Marty. My album is called 'Young Foolish Happy' with bonus tracks and also includes my recent #1 UK single 'All About Tonight' which is being played now all over Japanese radio...so so excited for Japan and the rest of Asia to hear it! Love Pixie xoxo."

"Dancing on My Own" is track number 8 on Pixie Lott's album.

Meanwhile, the single featuring BIGBANG's members will be released on March 21, as part of her album release.

Source : soompi

it's nice that GD & TOP are collaborating with a foreign artist... but... i'm not too psyched about it...

first off, it's Pixie Lott...! i haven't heard much of her songs... just two maybe... and i cnt even remember them... but i won't bash!!!

i just... don't think her style would mix well with GD& TOP. i think she was simply using THEM as a way for her to get a shoe in with the Japanese fans.

i can't say that i'm ok with that idea. but it's a very obvious market strategy.

I can't fault her for wanting to use them... with BIG BANG's increasing world recognition & popularity and winning the EMA last year... this was bound to happen.

i suppose it's alright, as long as GD & TOP get enough out of this collab as well!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest samosvetleee

{LYRICS} Pixie Lott feat. GD&TOP - Dancing on my own ::

DANCINGON MY OWN // PixieLott ft. GD & TOP

GD

You know I’m trying to make it happen for us right now

I got to do what I got to do, for me and you

Yo

I remember we were living like Kings and Queens

In the little tiny castle made of hopes and dreams

It was destiny, it was meant to be

We were so complete, the perfect team

GD

Then suddenly there’s a glitch in the system

And between us is a big strip of distance

They say it supposed to make the heart grow fonder

For more like I can tell it couldn’t be wronger

Pixie 

A little bit of more goes a long way

A little bit of right goes the wrong way

Pixie

I keep giving, you keep taking

GD

I’m trying to make a living be patient

[Chorus:]

Pixie 

All dressed up nowhere to go

So I’m dancing on my own

I’ve been waiting way too long

Dancing on my own

Play one more so-o-o-o-o-ong

So-o-o-o-o-ong

So-o-o-o-o-ong

But you are not coming

So-o-o-o-o-ong

So-o-o-o-o-ong

So-o-o-o-o-ong

But you are not coming home

Listen,

GD

I don’t want you dancing by yourself

And I don’t want you picturing yourself with someone else

I know I made some promises and honestly I wanna just to work out

I didn’t know the shining star I found was ‘bout to burn us

So what now? We go around like a record

I feelin’ disconnected and you’re feelin’ disrespected

I don’t know how this gonna wrap up

But till I’m home you should turn that track on

Pixie 

And that’s all I get from you

But I give my all to you

GD

And that’s all I hear from you, aye~

Pixie 

So I’m dancing on my own

Dancing on my own

Play one more so-o-o-o-o-o-ong

So-o-o-o-o-o-ong

So-o-o-o-o-o-ong

But you are not coming

So-o-o-o-o-o-ong

So-o-o-o-o-o-ong

So-o-o-o-o-o-ong

I always think about her

Try to not overthink about her

I always dream about her

Try not to dream about her

I feeling so lost without her

I try to come home

And it’s so hard being out on my own

It breaks my heart to leave you alone

Pixie 

And that’s all I get from you

But I give my all to you

And that’s all I hear from you, aye~

Pixie 

So I’m dancing on my own

Dancing on my own

Play one more so-o-o-o-o-o-ong

So-o-o-o-o-o-ong

So-o-o-o-o-o-ong

But you are not coming

So-o-o-o-o-o-ong

So-o-o-o-o-o-ong

So-o-o-o-o-o-ong

I told you I’ll be home,

I told you i’ll be back

Pixie 

One more song till you go home~

GD

I told you i’ll be home

I told you i’ll be back

I told you i’ll be back girl

I told you I’ll be home

Source : soundcloud.com

Shared via lilovski@tumblr

Guest lualm

GD, TOP and Pixie Lott Aren’t Left Dancing On Their Own

There have been some pretty good Kpop and Western collaborations before (BoA and Britney springs to mind) and I’m not suggesting GD&TOP’s song with British singer Pixie Lott is the greatest. However, I think it’s pretty good all the same.

I’ve already talked about Pixie in a previous article, but basically she rose to fame with soulful dance pop and when her second album didn’t quite live up to the first, she decided to try her luck over here. Undoubtedly talented but in need of a boost, Pixie saw an MV of Big Bang’s rappers and asked YG if they fancied featuring on her Japanese album. Never ones to miss an opportunity, YG agreed, and “Dancing On My Own” is the product.

I wasn’t very keen on Pixie’s original version of this, I felt it was static, lacking charisma or interest. Now, say what you like about GD&TOP, but they certainly aren’t lacking in those departments. This new version is on a whole different level. GD hasn’t sounded this sexy in a long time and TOP sounds like he has been collaborating with Pixie for years. There is an ease in this song that some groups struggle to get after years; it’s a real testament to all three artists that they can sound this natural with so little experience of each other’s styles. Marty James, who featured in Pixie’s English version wasn’t bad, but he was also completely forgettable. Maybe it’s the different accents, or the distinct style, but both G-Dragon and TOP command your attention and keep it. YG idols tend to be pretty good at English, and their English was close to perfect, useful if this song transfers to European airwaves. English not Japanese or Korean rapping and singing was a wise move; a huge part of Pixie’s audience would have cut out otherwise. There is something thrilling about hearing a favourite Kpop idol sounding fluent in English, and TOP’s pronouciation was so nearly spot on. He even did a bit of singing, and his smoky voice held GD’s higher and slightly more energetic and Pixie’s sensuous voices together.

It’s more emotive and nostalgic than the last version, the overlapping voices make it sound like the song could refer to anyone, not just those three. I particularly liked GD at the end, putting his “Blue” vocals to work. Was it just me, or did Pixie sound better too? She seems to have relaxed into the music more and embraced her jazzy roots.

But that is enough fangirling; there are a few tweaks I’m itching to make. While the lyrics work fine, I would have loved the boys to write their own lyrics. It would have been a great learning curve for them, and further showcased their talents to the Western audience. Their lyrics are very good but I would have loved to see GD&TOP’s take on the chorus. I think it would be fairer to say GD&TOP feat. Pixie Lott, but she held her own, YG did after all, call this a duet – I only wish I could see this live.

I’m guessing a PV isn’t happening, because it would be interesting to see if the artists retain their own style or if there is a K-Euro fusion. Pixie has always stuck to a rather safe wardrobe while GD&TOP…haven’t; for proof, see their current hair.

Perhaps because it’s low-key, the netizens outrage has been equally muted. Most people seem genuinely pleased with the result, and while there are the usual “thumbs up if you are only here for TOP and GD/Pixie”, a lot of people are willing to further investigate the new artist. Pixie is considered a million times cooler for such a collaboration and there is new clamour for the boys to release an English album. It is pretty much what the record labels were hoping for, and better than the hate that could so easily have turned against them.

As soon as it was released I waited patiently for the trickle of Kpop atheists to beg for forgiveness for ever doubting the talents in Kpop. Well, not really, but I’m hoping this song will get them exposure. I always felt after their win at the EMAs not much was done to keep that interest, but that could change. I’ve yet to hear it on the radio, although I tried to stay tuned. If anyone has heard it do leave your comments, I’m hoping it has been played somewhere!

credit seoulbeats

• 4 weeks later...

GD&TOP · SoShi · missA, Collaboration Stage with Top 3 of 'K-Pop Star'

f4317fd5430e79ce4073a616b3a38348_large.jpg

A dream-like stage will be put on for SBS’ “K-Pop Star,” which is now at the top 3, Park Jimin, Baek Ahyeon, and Lee Hayi. Top Korean stars G-Dragon and TOP, Girl’s Generation, and Miss A will be collaborating with the three contestants.

On the 18th, a representative revealed to Star News that G-Dragon and TOP will be performing on the K-Pop Star episode to be aired on the 22nd for a collaborative stage.

Girl’s Generation, who is talked about every day even though they are not currently promoting, will also be collaborating with one contestant.

miss A, who released title song “Touch” with their new mini album in February, is also planned to perform that day.

People are interested because GD&TOP, Girl’s Generation, and miss A are not only featured on the show, but are actually performing on this audition program. This show is continuously pleasing kpop fans, as the top 3, Park Jimin, Baek Ahyeon, and Lee Hayi are rising to fame.

GD&TOP are under YG Entertainment with judge Yang Hyunsuk, Girl’s Generation is under SM Entertainment with judge BoA, and Miss A is under JYP Entertainment with judge Park Jinyoung.

However, it has yet to be decided who GD&TOP, Girl’s Generation, and miss A are collaborating with on “K-Pop Star.”

Star News was told that “all will be revealed once decided,” in terms of the collaboration stages.

Source: Star News

Translated by: @kristinekwak l kristinekwak@tumblr

Archived