[Drama 2011] Paradise Ranch 파라다이스 목장

Guest gems

am i the only one falling deeply in love with the ajusshi? hes so much older... but geeze is he hot and charming. >________<

I don't think you are the only one. If you look back I think there are other posters that have the same feelings as you do. Plus, ahjussi is too good to be true. I always wondered what would happen once he finds out that DAJI was divorced but after seeing episode 4 I was happy to find out that

ahjussi was divorced as well, and JY was also in love with him when he got married and was willing to wait for him until he divorced. This makes it very interesting since now he is single will JY try to get Ahjussi or accept DongJoo??

Also ahjussi and daji would be at a same playing field with them both being divorced before which is nice. Also interesting that it was DongJoo that liked JY for 3 years more than a friend. JY always thought of DongJoo just as a friend because she was trying to get over ahjussi. She knew this all along and is thankful but also sorry to DongJoo. From episodes 1-3 I always thought that DongJoo couldn't forget about our Daji and that it was JY that was following our DongJoo. But when DongJoo confesses to JY that he doesn't want to be friends with JY anymore and that he likes her as a woman and wants to start dating as a couple it changed my misconception of the relationships. It was also interesting to see Daji's response when she overheard this phone conversation when she was getting the eggs and JeePoe ready for DongJoo. I thought she would be sad about DongJOo liking JY for 3 years but her reaction was pretty calm and more neutral as if it was some interesting fact and not someone that was hurt or jealous.

Also nice to have ahjussi come to the ranch at the end and confess about how he wanted to be a manwha writer, and his likes to read books, watch dvd movies on rainy days and has all the movies with Vivian?? acting in them(not sure who this person is), likes beer more than wine and his favorite dish is hot pepper paste pasta which is a dish he loves the most and is his best dish, and invites DaJi for dinner. He also says I can't make ppl laugh like you do, you might call me a workaholic and I might nag at you since I am older and will try to teach you. But Daji says that is okay. He also says "I think I like you a lot!!!!" Well,this really made me like him even more!! How he opened up and was willing to bring DaJi into his world. Moment of honesty always wins a girl's heart for sure!!!!

It seems like the relationships will start with Ahjussi and Daji as a couple, and DongJoo and JY as a couple first. Then I guess things will turn around the the DJ couple will emerge later on??? Right now I get the feeling they really don't have any feelings for each other yet. It might be down there hidden deep inside in their subconscious but not enough to make them realize it yet. Can't wait till they start realizing their feelings for one another. That will make the drama more interesting. In the end I hope Ahjussi will be with JY and the DJ couple will be back together. But you never know maybe this will be the first K-drama where the main leads don't end up together!!!

One other thing that I really want to compare with this drama is whether the quality and the story line will be better since it has been completed. Some good dramas flop at the end due to all the rushing, overworking the actors,staff and poor editing. We shall see.

I see what you guys mean the thread is very slow. I didn't realize exactly how slow this thread was until I started posting here. Well AJA-AJA Paradise Ranch!!! I usually don't pay attention to the ratings since some of the drama's I've enjoyed didn't always get the best so whether the rating is poor or not, I think as long as you enjoy the drama that is what counts. I do always want the high ratings more for the actors and the staff so they will feel encouraged to work harder. But the rating will not bias my judgement on whether I love the drama or not. So positive vibes all the way!!! :D

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ellegirl

I don't think you are the only one. If you look back I think there are other posters that have the same feelings as you do. Plus, ahjussi is too good to be true. I always wondered what would happen once he finds out that DAJI was divorced but after seeing episode 4 I was happy to find out that

ahjussi was divorced as well, and JY was also in love with him when he got married and was willing to wait for him until he divorced. This makes it very interesting since now he is single will JY try to get Ahjussi or accept DongJoo??

Also ahjussi and daji would be at a same playing field with them both being divorced before which is nice. Also interesting that it was DongJoo that liked JY for 3 years more than a friend. JY always thought of DongJoo just as a friend because she was trying to get over ahjussi. She knew this all along and is thankful but also sorry to DongJoo. From episodes 1-3 I always thought that DongJoo couldn't forget about our Daji and that it was JY that was following our DongJoo. But when DongJoo confesses to JY that he doesn't want to be friends with JY anymore and that he likes her as a woman and wants to start dating as a couple it changed my misconception of the relationships. It was also interesting to see Daji's response when she overheard this phone conversation when she was getting the eggs and JeePoe ready for DongJoo. I thought she would be sad about DongJOo liking JY for 3 years but her reaction was pretty calm and more neutral as if it was some interesting fact and not someone that was hurt or jealous.

Also nice to have ahjussi come to the ranch at the end and confess about how he wanted to be a manwha writer, and his likes to read books, watch dvd movies on rainy days and has all the movies with Vivian?? acting in them(not sure who this person is), likes beer more than wine and his favorite dish is hot pepper paste pasta which is a dish he loves the most and is his best dish, and invites DaJi for dinner. He also says I can't make ppl laugh like you do, you might call me a workaholic and I might nag at you since I am older and will try to teach you. But Daji says that is okay. He also says "I think I like you a lot!!!!" Well,this really made me like him even more!! How he opened up and was willing to bring DaJi into his world. Moment of honesty always wins a girl's heart for sure!!!!

It seems like the relationships will start with Ahjussi and Daji as a couple, and DongJoo and JY as a couple first. Then I guess things will turn around the the DJ couple will emerge later on??? Right now I get the feeling they really don't have any feelings for each other yet. It might be down there hidden deep inside in their subconscious but not enough to make them realize it yet. Can't wait till they start realizing their feelings for one another. That will make the drama more interesting. In the end I hope Ahjussi will be with JY and the DJ couple will be back together. But you never know maybe this will be the first K-drama where the main leads don't end up together!!!

One other thing that I really want to compare with this drama is whether the quality and the story line will be better since it has been completed. Some good dramas flop at the end due to all the rushing, overworking the actors,staff and poor editing. We shall see.

I see what you guys mean the thread is very slow. I didn't realize exactly how slow this thread was until I started posting here. Well AJA-AJA Paradise Ranch!!! I usually don't pay attention to the ratings since some of the drama's I've enjoyed didn't always get the best so whether the rating is poor or not, I think as long as you enjoy the drama that is what counts. I do always want the high ratings more for the actors and the staff so they will feel encouraged to work harder. But the rating will not bias my judgement on whether I love the drama or not. So positive vibes all the way!!! :D

I wish there was subs, but here's what I think.

I feel like that Dong Joo might like Jin Young, but why does Dong Joo choose to confess to JY now that Da Ji is in his life again? He could do it a number of time in the past, but he chooses now. I find it a mere coincidence, but at the same time, I feel like he is prompted by his lingering feelings for Da Ji. He sees Da Ji and the Ahjusshi's relationship developing and he might want to compete/make her jealous.

I think the reason why Da Ji didn't react hurt or anything because it's been 6 or so years since she and Dong Joo have been together. They have grown up and apart from each other. At this point, I feel like Dong Joo and Da Ji haven't confronted their feelings toward each other. They are bickering instead of talking intimately without getting upset, which suggests that their unwillingness to confront what happened in the past for them to divorce. They have only scratched the surface of their new relationship. It's interesting that it hasn't been revealed of why they broke up. If they were to really talk about what went wrong and everything, I feel Da Ji's reaction would be totally different than the calmness she displayed.

Ahjusshi seems really perfect, but a little too perfect, which makes me think there is something he is hiding because nobody is as perfect as they seem.

Some good dramas flop at the end due to all the rushing, overworking the actors, staff and poor editing. We shall see.

Definitely! Since this drama was shelved for like 6 months, I hope all that waiting did the drama some good in the editing and such. I don't want to be disappointed.

The thread is slow, but I'm not too worried. I love the drama and I'm glad I don't have to read soo many pages of responses. ;D

(Sorry if my wording is awkward. When I get sleepy, my wording becomes awkward. ;D)

Guest bnytt1712

I really like this drama right after Secret Garden (wow, I just realise I love SBS' drama so much now :">) When I first saw ep1, I'm not really impressed but the running away scene of Dong Joo & Da Ji. But it gest more interesting with ep2 & ep3. I just think grandpa want Dong Joo & Daji get together now so badly so he force Dong Joo live in Paradise Ranch or it is just a coincidence. I like it much better if it's a coincidence then :"> Personally, I love Dong Joo's facial (or Changmin's :">) His acting gets better now.

Here are some caps I love most from Changmin's facial expression ;))

001.png

002.png

003.png

005.png

007.png

009.png

011.png

013.png

014.png

015.png

017.png

019.png

I can't stop laughing when seeing this =))

022.png

So handsome even when he gets angry with Daji =))

036.png

Guest chdairkld

kyaahhhh our baby has his own drama thread too ^^. must not forget to spazz here also. still catching up on the episodes, haven't seen episode 4 yet (he's finally wearing the green suit with striped shirt that i've been waiting to see for like 2 years!).

first: SKIN. body. legs. god.

okay calming down. Changmin really surprised me here, of course not perfect but he's doing much better than I thought he would. Acting isn't something I thought he excelled at before but he's always such a hard worker/perfectionist. I'm beginning to accept yeonhee more...lol. trying hard! His facial expressions are hilarious.

does anyone know which raw files GOESS soft subs work with? thank you.

=====edit====

@semi-fly thanks so much for the fast answer! i'll start downloading hanrel release.

Guest kaedejun

So far i like this drama. I have a question about the sub. Will another group besides darksmurf release english sub?

GOESS is supposed to be doing soft subs for it. And it should work with Hanrel files.

Otherwise, DramaFever is subbing it themselves, although they're not releasing softsubs for it.

Guest pinky88

GOESS is supposed to be doing soft subs for it. And it should work with Hanrel files.

Otherwise, DramaFever is subbing it themselves, although they're not releasing softsubs for it.

Thank you. I'm living in Europe so i can't watch dramafever, what is really a shame. I hope that will change in the future.

Guest __`b4by

does anyone know which raw files GOESS soft subs work with? thank you.

yes. that is true. our softsubs work with HANrel. We're still trying to post up the RAW on clubbox and stuff, so please be patient with us.

On the bright side! We've released episode 1. You can find them on our livejournal.

http://community.livejournal.com/goe_ss/222448.html

Episode 2 will be release real soon.

I wish there was subs, but here's what I think.

I feel like that Dong Joo might like Jin Young, but why does Dong Joo choose to confess to JY now that Da Ji is in his life again? He could do it a number of time in the past, but he chooses now. I find it a mere coincidence, but at the same time, I feel like he is prompted by his lingering feelings for Da Ji. He sees Da Ji and the Ahjusshi's relationship developing and he might want to compete/make her jealous.

I think the reason why Da Ji didn't react hurt or anything because it's been 6 or so years since she and Dong Joo have been together. They have grown up and apart from each other. At this point, I feel like Dong Joo and Da Ji haven't confronted their feelings toward each other. They are bickering instead of talking intimately without getting upset, which suggests that their unwillingness to confront what happened in the past for them to divorce. They have only scratched the surface of their new relationship. It's interesting that it hasn't been revealed of why they broke up. If they were to really talk about what went wrong and everything, I feel Da Ji's reaction would be totally different than the calmness she displayed.

Ahjusshi seems really perfect, but a little too perfect, which makes me think there is something he is hiding because nobody is as perfect as they seem.

Some good dramas flop at the end due to all the rushing, overworking the actors, staff and poor editing. We shall see.

Definitely! Since this drama was shelved for like 6 months, I hope all that waiting did the drama some good in the editing and such. I don't want to be disappointed.

The thread is slow, but I'm not too worried. I love the drama and I'm glad I don't have to read soo many pages of responses. ;D

(Sorry if my wording is awkward. When I get sleepy, my wording becomes awkward. ;D)

I really liked reading your post. :) Thanks. I hope you are right.

I was really disappointed when DongJoo admitted to liking JY for 3 years while our DaJi didn't have a love interest like that the whole time they were apart. Sort of like he was unfaithful. Though that really isn't fair of me to think that since they did divorce and went their seperate ways. I get a feeling that DongJoo is mad or blames DaJi for their breakup while Daji might have had no choice to leave the marriage and couldn't tell DongJoo the real reason. I think they really have to somehow get the past and whatever their misunderstanding could have been resolved before their relationship can be rebuilt. Hope it happens sooner rather than later. I think also DaJi is blinded by prince charming and the crush she has for the ahjussi to really notice whether she may still have feelings for Dong Joo right now. She is more focused on getting those papers signed so she can keep the ranch and get Dong Joo to get out of her place ASAP. However she really is very thoughtful and kind to Dong Joo which gives me hope that there will be feelings there!! Also I think DongJoo acting all upset and pissy at her is a good thing that there is still some passion there!! Better to have some emotion than no emotion..

As for the Ahjussi, I am hoping he is truely this prince charming all the way till the end. I've always like the actor playing ahjussi in other dramas. He seems to play this kind of role well. Someone with a good heart, kind with good values and morals. I hope this is true till the end and will be more like daddy long legs not a nice guy turning evil. He also has his faults and weaknesses too and I think DaJi balances his weakness and that is why he is really attracted to her. She is very different and she does make him laugh!

I really like this drama right after Secret Garden (wow, I just realise I love SBS' drama so much now :">) When I first saw ep1, I'm not really impressed but the running away scene of Dong Joo & Da Ji. But it gest more interesting with ep2 & ep3. I just think grandpa want Dong Joo & Daji get together now so badly so he force Dong Joo live in Paradise Ranch or it is just a coincidence. I like it much better if it's a coincidence then :"> Personally, I love Dong Joo's facial (or Changmin's :">) His acting gets better now.

Nice to see a SG fan here too!! Wave!!! Yes, the opening was like OMG, awkward but it does get more interesting but if one is really quick to judge they might not get past that. I think as the episodes go one, Changmin's acting is getting better too. I hope to see more different expressions from him as the drama moves on. WE should give him a chance to prove himself. BTW, thanks for posting the pics!!

Spoiler In Words for Episode 5@

http://chloeplus.blogspot.com/ 

As of now, still nursing my crush on ahjushhi, so yeah I'm still on his boat *quoted image*

Yes, he is really hard to resist!! Almost like prince charming for our DaJi. I am still neutral on this one. I think maybe after next week I might be able to decide. I am usually reluctant in becoming the shipper for the second leading man because I know that in the end, my heart will be crushed because inevitably the main female 99% of the time ends up with the leading man. I really don't want to set myself for a heartbreak to follow. But I shall see since I do like to be on some sort of ship instead of floating around aimlessly in the waves. I still am a total JW-Shipper from SG but in that drama, we really didn't have any major competition for our leads. Here I think there will be more of a direct competition between the 4 main characters in the future. Will be interesting to watch.

BTW thank so much for the spoilers. I thought I was the only one that cried. I wonder if we cried at the same scene. I was crying when DaJi comes out of DongJoo's office in tears and Ahjussi calls her and sees her crying through the window. :tears:

Guest pinky88

I have seen the 5 min trailer for paradise ranch again. have i seen right, that ahjussi ex-wife will turn up? I found a character profile online. Can someone please translate it? Thank you.

Paradise_Ranch_Correlation_Chart.jpg

Archived