[Drama 2010] Smile, Dong-hae / Smile Again 웃어라 동해야

Guest fanda4000

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest youstop1

This is drama indeed, dragging like forever :(

Agreed, it's dragging too much I finally give up watching the drama but reading this thread instead, knowing SW will do all her dirty treats from beginning to end - what a waste of time and bad influence to children watching this, it's way too much - sorry if I upset anyone here.

Guest farhah1986

I guess I really cannot get my hope high after this,I think this time its KJ who try to find out the truth about Anna as Jung Dong Baek.Ahh...when will the truth comeout and finally let DH and Anna get back their rightful place.I cannot stand seeing SW and HS try to ruin DH and Lee's business.But if she really did many bad thing on DH and Anna I hope all her evilness also come lightly. I'm just thinking that if the writer want to drag this matter somemore then maybe after KJ its DJ turn to know the truth.Well we can think many bad thing that he will do toward DH,he hate DH from the start.Just imagine that the person you hate most will take your place anytime eventhough thats not his place from the start.

Guest misscorice

Agreed, it's dragging too much I finally give up watching the drama but reading this thread instead, knowing SW will do all her dirty treats from beginning to end - what a waste of time and bad influence to children watching this, it's way too much - sorry if I upset anyone here.

Me too, I stopped watching a long time ago, cant stand seeing a certain number of characters in this drama, lol. How could they let near-miss situations happen again and again and it becomes irrational :(

They are really dragging this storyline. The only thing good that came out of this eps was that SW played dirty with the kimchi orders and got caught. DJ will hate her even more now. She lost points with Grandpa. Maybe this will be the start of her down fall.

It's currently number one in the ratings, so it's unlikely that they'll let the series end before 150 if not 170 like its predecessor, A Good Day for the Wind to Blow, which ended at 173.

This is the writer who did You Are My Destiny which was 178 eps.  The lead actress suffered and was mistreated by various people all the way though the drama until maybe the last 10 or less eps and the ending was not really all that great to me. Since I've come this far I'm really trying to stick with it until the end. As I've stated before this drama was given the wrong title (Smile Dong Hae or Smile Again is a joke). Maybe it will live up to it's title in the last eps.

Guest Trina987

I was very happy if tomorrow will be the final episodes... But, like most daily dramas that doing really well in ratings.. I think this will probably be another 10 or 20 episodes more... I am sooo looking and waiting for the final final episodes to this makjang stories.. It was getting good at first but then it goes downhill like really fast halfway.. Now, I just the final happy episode of this drama...

Wow. 41.2% for Donghae yesterday.

And nothing's really happening? Hehe, what more and how much higher if the story actually moved!

Gotta give props to them even though the series can be frustrating. Hehe.

Wow. 41.2% for Donghae yesterday.

And nothing's really happening? Hehe, what more and how much higher if the story actually moved!

Gotta give props to them even though the series can be frustrating. Hehe.

Everybody is waiting for the turnaround. The eps the day before made you think that things were about to happen and then nothing. They are really milking the ratings.  

Guest farhah1986

Well nothing really happen in this episode...but we can see that KJ in great dilemma whether to tell the truth or not.He know that grandparent deserve to know their daughter but at the same time what consequences it will bring to HS and DJ.He know that what will happen if the daughter found before but he never imagine that the lost daughter is Anna,I think thats why he feel hesitate now. NOw PJ,Anna,BY and Dh know that something suspicious is happen as why everyone try asking about Anna background and finally lead DH to ask KJ about his grandparent because he think KJ know who's his grandparent.

I know that I cannot get my hope high, but I think KJ will tell DH who's his grandparent but I hope DJ won't know about it.Well maybe DJ will overheard what KJ said to DH.KJ maybe will ask DH whether to disclose it or not,but I think he won't.It seems that maybe it will be drag for another 5-10 episode or longer for grandparent to know the truth.I think even if DH know about it he won't disclose it to anyone maybe only to BY or his mother with whatever reason.I think he will know why SW try to destroy him and Taebon Kimchee before.It just my assumption,but I think this matter maybe will get exposed because someone try to do bad thing to DH and make somebody close to DH upset and unexpectedly told the secret.

I hate how BY mom wellcome the new guy.What his name?He even kiss BY on her cheek!But I like how BY and DH relationship not shaken at all.I'm just think how and when DH and DJ will finally reconcile and finally live like brothers.We all know that daily drama will have happy ending for everyone especially for family drama.

Guest lj3k99

Is the new dude TH old buddy? Maybe that might explain why he is already welcomed beyond the fact he is a successful businessman.

I kind of like how KJ is the deciding factor. Next few episodes might be full of cliffhangers as usual. KJ tells DH to get in the car. Maybe he wants a sons and father only moment. He would probably reveal the whole thing. In the end, DH would probably run the kitchen and DJ will run the hotel. Happy endings for all?

Is the new dude TH old buddy? Maybe that might explain why he is already welcomed beyond the fact he is a successful businessman.

I kind of like how KJ is the deciding factor. Next few episodes might be full of cliffhangers as usual. KJ tells DH to get in the car. Maybe he wants a sons and father only moment. He would probably reveal the whole thing. In the end, DH would probably run the kitchen and DJ will run the hotel. Happy endings for all?

Yes the new dude is a old friend of TH.

Just watched episode 90. And my goodness, what a feeling watching DH actually use the brain in his handsome head to finally figure out KJ is James.  Haha. What a relief even though I know things will slow down again soon.

Best ending will be DH and Anna enjoying what's rightfully theirs and DH and BY getting married with the villains looking on all upset and with nothing to do.  I want to see Saewa's entire family depressed.  BY's mom will probably be scowling and giving evil looks forever no matter what. I'd love to see her just so upset at the wedding. :lol:

Or hey, they should get married a couple of weeks before the show ends just for fun :lol:

Maybe KJ is taking DH and DJ somewhere to try and settle the issues between his 2 sons. Which I don't  think is going to work. DJ is too immuture and selfish to come to grips with DH being KJ son.  If KJ tells DH the truth I'll be really suprised, because he never has the nerve to just come right out say anything. The thing about KJ keeping quite trying not to hurt DJ more is that it's hurting the GM and GP, DH and Anna. He's in a no win situation.

DJ is going to try to destroy DH some how and I think he might team up with the new guy to cause trouble between BY and DH.

Even if KJ does not tell DH who his grandparents are, they will figure it out. Anna has told DH, BY and PJ what happen with KJ so they are putting the pieces together. SW trying to take the dress from Anna, SN stealing the dress, and HS questioning BY about Anna's allergy to peanuts. All they need now is to see the picture in the newspaper.  Maybe if they discover the truth then DH will stop being so nice and see HS for what she really is and take her and SW down.

Guest farhah1986

Maybe KJ is taking DH and DJ somewhere to try and settle the issues between his 2 sons. Which I don't think is going to work. DJ is too immuture and selfish to come to grips with DH being KJ son. If KJ tells DH the truth I'll be really suprised, because he never has the nerve to just come right out say anything. The thing about KJ keeping quite trying not to hurt DJ more is that it's hurting the GM and GP, DH and Anna. He's in a no win situation.

DJ is going to try to destroy DH some how and I think he might team up with the new guy to cause trouble between BY and DH.

Even if KJ does not tell DH who his grandparents are, they will figure it out. Anna has told DH, BY and PJ what happen with KJ so they are putting the pieces together. SW trying to take the dress from Anna, SN stealing the dress, and HS questioning BY about Anna's allergy to peanuts. All they need now is to see the picture in the newspaper. Maybe if they discover the truth then DH will stop being so nice and see HS for what she really is and take her and SW down.

I think KJ is ready to tell grandparent the truth but DJ matters interfeared his moment.HS look puzzled when KJ asking her that is she really want the hotel,is it her true desire.And HS feels uneasy when KJ said he will take DJ somewhere else,not to make grandparent know how upset DJ is.Thats why I think DH might know the whole truth.DJ might will team up with the new guy to cause trouble for DH.But I hope that trouble will lead to grandpa know his grandson.Like SW everytime she did something bad, she will get busted for what she did.Same with the recent incident.

Some people said that maybe in the end DJ will handle the hotel while DH the kitchen but I don't want it happen like that.It better if DH become the boss and DJ work under him.DJ will still work in the hotel just the owner change to his brother,DH.For me it should happen like that as DH is grandparent only grandson.Isn't it enough that DJ allowed to work there in the end after what SW/HS and DJ has done to him and Anna?

I love to see how grandpa trust toward HS shaken a little.Now he know that DH will not make a fuss without any reason.Grandpa might not treat DH like grandma treat Anna but I think he's impression toward Dh might change a little,thats what I hope.I like how upset and angry grandpa when he heard what SW dirty work because no matter what he is a man with high integrity and will not stoop low just to destroy the other party.

About BY mom... for me she is just greed as SW mom but their different is that BY mom will not treat people badly.She think her daughter deserve a good and rich person with great background even she know that DH is a good man but he didn't have a proper family background.She'll get shock if she know that DH is the only grandson for hotel owner.

DJ may wake up in time to interrupt KJ and DH's conversation and tell DH to buzz off which he always does as he never likes DH to be with his father.  However, I don't think KJ is ready to tell DH the truth about Anna and her parents.  He just wants to get more information from DH.  Or maybe ask DH what he will do if his grandparents are still alive.

I hate how KJ suddenly feels so lost and hesitates to update the elderly couple with the latest discovery now that he has some so correct information on their long-lost daughter.  He shouldn't interfere with the findings in the first place and let his wife continue with her lies and selfishness if he cares for DJ.  He should know that the findings would hurt DJ and his wife which HS had already warned him.  He looked so enthusiastic in finding the long-lost daughter, updating the elderly couple with the news now and then.  Now that the truth is put in front of him, he hesitates all the sudden.  KJ has always wanted to make up for his wrong doing and negligence towards DH and Anna and this is the best solution for him to do so.  Yet he hesitates.  Doesn't he know how Anna and DH have suffered so much all these years, even now from his wife, DJ and SW?  And shouldn't he know how much the elderly couple, especially the lady, have yearned for their daughter the past 40 years?  Yet he won't do anything, only knowing how to say 'I'm sorry.  Please give me some time.'  If he really keeps quiet now, I would dare say he's not fix to be with Anna and DH and doesn't deserve to be DH's father at all. 

The truth will be kept a secret for the next few episodes, yet again...  with SH and SW trying to destroy Anna and DH, while waiting impatiently for the official announcement of the successorship of the hotel handling down to them.  I hope by then, it's PJ or BY who finds out the truth and helps bring Anna and DH to be reunited with the elderly couple.

Why the sudden apprearance of the new guy who is interested in BY?  Not surprise if SW and the girl-who-eats-salad-with-the-chopsticks who know about his love interest, will encourage him to woo BY as SW hates BY and that girl refusing to give up DH.  The thought of BY being the mistress of the hotel already annoys SW.  This new guy is better suited for the girl-who-eats-salad-with-the-chopsticks, as they are very persistent in wooing their love interests.

I used to think that DH simply loved cooking and might not be able to manage the hotel well, thus would leave it to SH and DJ to do the job.  But DH's capabilities and talents have proven me wrong.  Actually, if you have watched the recent episodes, you would have no doubt about DH's other talents and capabilities.  DH not only can cook very well, he can be a businessman too, if given an opportunity.  DH has his grandfather's gene in doing business, that is being honest, genuine and work hard for it.  Just see how he has proven his capability when he helps out in the kimchi business.  Without DH, the kimchi business would not have run so smoothly though there is a setback due to SW's evil intention to destroy them.  See how he promotes kimchi in the street and seeks help for the tv home-shopping.  BY's brother helps him here and there though.  I like how these two guys co-operate hand in hand to promote kimchi, the feeling of brotherhood between them.  DH can do a better job, managing the hotel much better than DJ who relies fairly much on his mother and SW.  Thus without SH and DJ, the hotel will be better managed by DH, with his grandfather's guidance. 

HS who is selfish and evil, needs a daughter-in-law like SW who is equally evil and selfish, to give her a heart attack while DJ who is a spoilt kid needs a wife like SW to give him a headache.  And of course SW needs a sister like SY to give her troubles.  I don't really dislike BY's mum now.  She may seems so money-faced but it's because she doesn't want BY to continue to suffer from poverty after marriage, as she had already explained to DH.  Compare to SW's mum, at least she doesn't look down on DH and Anna, welcoming them to stay with them and taking care of them though of course DH must pay for their lodging.   ^_^

Well, at least the elderly lady loves Anna and refuses to agree to SH being the successor of the hotel.  Although her husband respects her and put the successorship on hold, he's going to do so now that they are getting old.  Hopefully it won't happen and when it does, it will be the truth being revealed at the same time.  I really want to see the embarrassment of SH, DJ and SW in front of everyone and their evil deeds being revealed.

Though there's is a likelyhood of DH and DJ being reconciled as brothers, I really hope it won't happen because DJ doesn't deserve to be forgiven and stay put in the hotel with his mum.  SH, DJ and SW needs to be punished and be kicked out of the hotel forever.  However, being a kind-hearted person, DH may allow them to stay.  BY's brother can help DH in managing the hotel, with his law expertise.  Who knows, the new guy may become a good buddy with DH too.  But leave BY alone, please.

Nevertheless, I'm glad that the love and trust between DH and BY are strong enough to withstand all trials and test.  I love how they've stood by each other in time of needs and difficulties and gradually fallen in love, and not love at first sight.  I love how they tickle, giggle and shy away when they try to be loving towards each other.  It makes me smile.  Just loving it!

Sorry, my post is long, again.  :P

Archived