2006 World Cup - 2nd knockout stage

edward1849

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so is anyone watching the italy vs ukraine game? i'm too scared to watch. haha

it was funny ... i was reading in the papers that say in china because of the football fever ... there was actually people who died from all those drinking & staying up till mornings to watch the game ... and apparently there was a lot of people who got admitted for facial paralysis or something because it was too much stress. keke ... i think maybe these people betted on the games so the stress are just too much. anyway ... i wonder how true that is.

LoL. wow.

I'm watching the ukraine vs. italy game right now.

man, ukraine's defense sucks...

italy already have 1 goal 5 minutes into the game...

we'll see what happens later on...

Guest kittenmasks

You read my mind. Argentina was definitely the better team. I was hoping for them to advance because I could see them winning this year's cup. They had great plays, wonderful set ups and awesome controll of the ball.

I agree. Argentina was awesome today. The reason Messi wasn't in was because he's still recovering from a knee injury he received before the World Cup.

This World Cup is starting to suck. All of the teams that deserve to be there due to their SKILL and not pure LUCK have been eliminated. Does anyone else think that it's a conspiracy that the major teams (i.e. Spain, France, Netherlands, Brazil, England, Portugal, etc.) were all placed on the right side while the only powerhouse Germany has to play is Argentina in order to advance to the finals?

I'm convinced this World Cup was rigged. The game today totally proved it.

I'm watching the ukraine vs. italy game right now.

man, ukraine's defense sucks...

italy already have 1 goal 5 minutes into the game...

we'll see what happens later on...

i know ... ukraine's defense :mellow:

buffon was just too good ... there are a couple of times the ukraine's could have scored. no wonder the commentator kept mentioning about him being the highest paid goalkeeper in the world or something. :lol: would love to see penalty kicks just to see how many can buffon saves. :P

anyway ... yay to italy ...

Germany vs Italy for the semis, it's gonna be awsome ! :P

yup!! I don't know who to cheer for..but I'll probably bend up cheering for germany

Italia is playing better and better... :) good for them Forrzzaaa Azzzuurrriiii!! woohooo

CONGRATS TO UKRAINE FOR MAKING IT THIS FAR...SINCE THIS IS THE FIRST TIME THEY QUALIFY IN WC

:( no more Andrey Shevchenko

Guest dkstariob

If Brazil loses to France, I am going to celebrate drinking fine elegant wine from France, the Château Calon-Ségur, a Saint-Estèphe.

Who gives if Brazil is the stronger team and that they are better than ever....I have hope for France. If France loses, oh well... I'd pick France to go on vacation anyday than Brazil. Sorry if i'm too harsh, its late and I'm going through insomnia.

Please stay on topic. Besides, don't hate on Brazil's awesomeness. They define what Joga Bonito is all about.

And yes Argentina was a better team, but I believe the battle of the managers is what affected the game the most. Pekerman made many mistakes 1) did not put Lionel Messi in. yes he was injured before the World Cup but his progress was getting better and better 2) subbed Riquelme (a very good pk taker even though he missed in the Champions League semifinal against Arsenal and Lehmann, but still could have helped Argentina in the end) 3) he became more conservative and tried to protect a goal lead rather than push forward which allowed Germany to attack relentlessly.

Not a surprise that Pekerman wants to quit his job after this game.

Guest keauxz

Please stay on topic. Besides, don't hate on Brazil's awesomeness. They define what Joga Bonito is all about.

Yup, its on topic. Oh you mean celebrating you mean? Oh my i'm so sorry .....

I was a fan of Brazil, I was just like you dkstariob. I would always write good things about Brazil...I even studied how they played the art of soccer. As a player, I would do my best to study the double scissor move and the complex spin move as well. The Elastico which I have not mastered is still on my list. They do play beautifully as you stated, "Joga Bonito"....however it just got to a point where I drifted away from being a fan of Brazil. Maybe its because Barcelona won against Arsenal during the championship game in France, and Barcelona has Ronaldinho and France has Henry *shrugs*

Like others who hope France would win, I was tired of being the one who would always say "Brazil no doubt will win". France does not really play the art of soccer like Brazil does, so Brazil could win. Though, there is always a miracle that could happen.

I didn't get a chance to watch the Italy Vs Ukraine game, so I dun't have much to say about that. Though I heard Italy improved vastly on their playing abilities, so good for them. Congrats to Ukraine for making it extremely far in the World Cup 2006.

Guest MzBeciko

I didn't get a chance to watch the Italy Vs Ukraine game, so I dun't have much to say about that. Though I heard Italy improved vastly on their playing abilities, so good for them. Congrats to Ukraine for making it extremely far in the World Cup 2006.

in the past ppl had accussed italy of playing dirty, you may have seen italy v aus and ppl said they were dirty then but this time they werent, much better.

Guest dkstariob

I see. I take it that club soccer is more important to you than a national team. I understand.

Guest keauxz

I see. I take it that club soccer is more important to you than a national team. I understand.

I think you took it the wrong way, of course national team is more important than club soccer to me lol

There are a lot of lads in England that prefer Club soccer than the World Cup believe it or not. Just visit any British Pub, you'll find people that'll agree. A lot say that the World Cup is turning into an home advance / horrible refs/ increased fake fouls - Its not as professional as players would play in Club soccer.

I'm pretty sure you watch European Club soccer, since I saw a very negative remark you made about the Arsenal team on youtube.com, wow...very harsh man. I see you also play winning eleven 8 or 9, so you must know about some clubs. Anyhoo, peace brother

Guest Cin De

ita VS ukr!! omg...... it was lucky how ita made their second goal..

and ukr's first goal.. not really.. it bounced off... :lol: that really sucks...

Guest sunshine4ever

my gosh, Italy kicked Ukraine's butt...3-0? I didn't get a chance to watch today so I was looking at the score in yahoo just now..

awww, i feel bad that Argentina lost :(

Guest trueloveway

ah, this sucks. both the teams i've gone for in the quarter finals are out.

i can't believe argentina is out!

i'm watching the rerun of ukraine vs italy.. i don't think i can watch the 2nd half. sorry to italy fans but i hope they get knocked out. i'm a bit iffy because of the way they won against australia.

Guest jans

OMG. I thought Arg did a really good job. The German's defense were slacking at some point, passing the ball with no motivation and gave a few opportunities to the ARG strikers to intercept the ball.

I think the ARG Manager did make a mistake by sub Crespo, and hence lowering the pressure that was put on the Germans. Haih, but whatever, a lot of people thinks that ARG did a good job ^_^

one more thing... the referee is considered all right with the cards and all, I guess it's a difficult match to judge for him as well..

Guest rapunzel283

I mixed up the dates and missed the two games I really wanted to seeeee T_T

Damnit ARGENTINA T_T!!!... Gah sdlknfasdlfa;

I hear there was [almost] a fight after the game? :unsure:

Tonight... I'm still picking Brasil <3

And Portugal v England?... Gah I dunno ._.

/)_(\ Man these games are sorta losing they're charm. Getting a tad predictable, no? ._.

Archived