Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

Just want to say really quickly that when I'd said the other day that I was switching to a new computer...that wasn't the full story. What really happened is that the computer I normally use crashed a few days ago, and I've been making do with borrowed and public computers anywhere I can until I get it fixed. I hope that will be soon, but in the meantime, if my updates get sporadic, that would be why. Thanks for the patience!

(I do, by the way, always keep up with what you guys are posting with my phone; I'm just not always able to write up a proper response :tongue:)

11 hours ago, moonstrike said:

But i was relieved after looking that he was okay when he did an event in the military where he was the MC. He looks healthy and happy. And as always, his skin is still good and flawless even though he often go outside without umbrella or mask. There's not much skin problem. And in the video that his fans share on youtube, i feel that his skin is so smooth even though he doesn't take much skin care like he always do before joining army.

I think that JW was really physically healthy to begin with - or, at least as healthy as the rather unhealthy lifestyle of Korean celebrities would allow. So I remember that someone once said that JW's military enlistment might be the main chance he has to get a break, which is both a relief but also rather scary.

As for going outside without an umbrella or mask...maybe that hat he has to wear as the assistant instructor helps a bit with sun protection? I dunno.

Actually, i also not sure about the meaning too. But its just funny when they talk about that. 

I get the sense that there's some physical or sexual connotation in there, because I see people using it like, "Oh, he's making me feel moaty" or something - usually alongside some comment about how hot/attractive he is. But that's purely my guess, and I don't know it's actual meaning.

Hihi... i think he plans to start broadcasting but sees that his internet is unstable, he finally asks his fans if you can see him. there are actually two broadcasts in the same place and at the same time. but joo won deleted the first video where he said "your connection is unstable" using english. he said it very funny and cute. He said unstable "eon-steibel" so cute!!!

lol - There's JW's accent for you! :D It is really cute. Even though he has a hard time using his aegyo voice when speaking English - I've noticed that his English voice sometimes sounds lower/deeper than when he speaks Korean - it's still cute and reflects his personality. There was this whole moment in "Level 7 Civil Servant" where Han Gil Ro got demoted to working at the NIS's call centre, and JW had some English lines in there, too. I can't remember which episode it was, but that part was funny.

And now for pics!

Spoiler

Speaking of JW and masks...

I really like this shot of JW as Gyun Woo in "My Sassy Girl"

1N2D Mukbang!

Pretty pink background....

This shot came out really nice

6a878b500834b4dfbfd580eed9a8b182.jpg

He looks really good in bright colours like this, doesn't he?

Dressing room photo - I'm not sure which event it was, though

"Saranghae!"

One last announcement, this time fic-related: my original plan was to squeeze in one "Gaksital" fic before my next installment for the "Seolleim in Salzburg" series, which will be for Valentine's Day (Feb. 14). With my computer acting the way it is, though...that may not happen. So I might do more with Cha Yoo Jin and Seol Nae Il first in order to keep up with the "calendar" I've set for myself.

BUT I will get back to the "Gaksital" stuff - don't worry! The whole series of stories where I'm retelling things from Shunji's point of view will have about three more installments, and so I'm not about to give that up anytime soon :wink: 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kittyna said:

Just want to say really quickly that when I'd said the other day that I was switching to a new computer...that wasn't the full story. What really happened is that the computer I normally use crashed a few days ago, and I've been making do with borrowed and public computers anywhere I can until I get it fixed. I hope that will be soon, but in the meantime, if my updates get sporadic, that would be why. Thanks for the patience!

I hope it will get fixed soon! 

6 minutes ago, kittyna said:

I think that JW was really physically healthy to begin with - or, at least as healthy as the rather unhealthy lifestyle of Korean celebrities would allow. So I remember that someone once said that JW's military enlistment might be the main chance he has to get a break, which is both a relief but also rather scary

That's great, actually. So he can rest and take a break from the busy intertainment world. and also improve his health. as we know that joo won is very busy and also rarely sleeps. I remembered that he said that he really used his spare time to sleep. so after he finished filming, he will slept without eating. therefore he would certainly lose weight so easily. but as long as he's in the army, his sleeping and eating hours are tightly regulated. So joo won will not miss his meal and always have proper and enough sleep.

13 minutes ago, kittyna said:

As for going outside without an umbrella or mask...maybe that hat he has to wear as the assistant instructor helps a bit with sun protection? I dunno.

I remember he said that he always go outside wearing cap, mask, sunglasses, gloves, and long shirt so he will not get sunburn. But in the army, he can't wear that. So its impressive that his skin is still flawless without much skin care and protection.

And also, as i said that he can't wear any kind of clothes, so when I see him at the army festival, I feel his skin got tanned. So handsome and manly-looking. Especially when he wears his uniform.

22 minutes ago, kittyna said:

lol - There's JW's accent for you! :D It is really cute. Even though he has a hard time using his aegyo voice when speaking English - I've noticed that his English voice sometimes sounds lower/deeper than when he speaks Korean - it's still cute and reflects his personality. There was this whole moment in "Level 7 Civil Servant" where Han Gil Ro got demoted to working at the NIS's call centre, and JW had some English lines in there, too. I can't remember which episode it was, but that part was funny

You make me curious... i want to watch that episode. I bet he is so cute when he talking with english. I have to find it!

I like when he speak english. Looks so smart and adorable. 

Hello there!

His airport style.. i love it. Especially the scarf. I remember he said he likes to cover his neck with anything to make it warm. He likes warm. And in happy together, the host said his style is so funny. And the other guest said that joo won's style is style used by character who can not dress or doesn't know fashion. Its so funny. But i, personality think that his style is cute. Its not up to date but its cute and "pure". I like the fact that he likes to cover his body and dont want to expose it. He likes wearing knit or big clothes. Just like teenager style. Hahaha...

In this interview, you'll know his favorite style.

https://joowoncutie.wordpress.com/2015/12/27/cinemart-joo-won-2015-sweet-smile-fanmeeting/

Annyeong Shi On-ah! Joo won's meong face. And his huge eyes. And his stare too.

Mukbang parade. His vertical style eating. Sometimes its so funny and lovely. ADORABLE!!!

• Like 1

On 1/30/2018 at 11:49 AM, moonstrike said:

That's great, actually. So he can rest and take a break from the busy intertainment world. and also improve his health. as we know that joo won is very busy and also rarely sleeps. I remembered that he said that he really used his spare time to sleep. so after he finished filming, he will slept without eating. therefore he would certainly lose weight so easily.

I also recall that he'd said once (I think it was on "Life Log"?) that he's oftentimes so busy that he'd only have one proper meal during the day - but, if that bit was from "Life Log", then we can also see how he totally makes up for it with snacks, or just eating a lot when a meal does come around :tongue: 

I remember he said that he always go outside wearing cap, mask, sunglasses, gloves, and long shirt so he will not get sunburn. But in the army, he can't wear that. So its impressive that his skin is still flawless without much skin care and protection.

I think the extent to which JW wears sun protection will depend on the role that he's playing. So, the time when he was literally covering himself up that much was when he was preparing for "Nae Il's Cantabile" - filming would start in the fall, but he thought that Cha Yoo Jin wasn't the sort of character who would have a tan, so he had to cover up a lot (since JW is the sort of person who actually tans really easily).

So, for example, you can see in roles where it wouldn't matter as much - like in "Ojakgyo Brothers" or "Gaksital" - that JW just lets nature run its course there. I think he would have done that for "Good Doctor", too (you can see that he is a bit darker as Park Si On than in some of his other roles), but the director eventually told him to stop himself from getting any tanner than he already was. That's how we wound up with that scene on 1N2D where JW was hiking with Sung Si Kyung and put on a TON of sunscreen during their break.

Finally, I seem to recall that JW tried to speed up the tanning process when he was filming "Fatal Intuition" - something about wanting to do it by going to a tanning salon, but then his staff telling him that that was a really stupidly dangerous idea? So they resorted to makeup/a spray tan instead? Someone help me out here, because I swear I saw that once in a translated interview, but I can't remember where....

His airport style.. i love it. Especially the scarf. I remember he said he likes to cover his neck with anything to make it warm. He likes warm.

Oh, yeah...he said that on the bedtime VLive broadcast, too - that he likes to wear thick pajamas and socks and wrap himself up in a blanket. You said, @moonstrike, that you and JW shared a habit of putting something between your legs when you sleep. Well, that's the thing that JW and I have in common - I've heard a lot of people say that sleeping in a cooler space is supposed to help you sleep better...but not me. I like to be really warm and bundled up :tongue: I hate when it's cold and I end up shivering for the first few minutes when I go to bed.

But i, personality think that his style is cute. Its not up to date but its cute and "pure". I like the fact that he likes to cover his body and dont want to expose it. He likes wearing knit or big clothes. Just like teenager style. Hahaha...

lol - I don't know just how modest "teenager style" is, though. Where I'm from, yes, teenage boys wear really loose baggy clothing...but sometimes they end up wearing such baggy pants that the pants fall down a bit and you see their boxers sticking out instead :tongue: 

But I do think JW has a very casual style - possibly even an athletic style, since he likes things like T-shirts and hoodies. And, of course, the big fuzzy sweaters that make him look even bigger than he already is :D 

I, too, like that JW is a bit more on the modest side, though. I personally find it a bit weird that male celebrities are expected to pose shirtless in photo shoots, or have the shower scenes in dramas...so I like that JW doesn't do that sort of thing often. I mean, it happens - especially when the drama calls for it - but not as much as I've seen from other Korean actors.

And now for pics!

Spoiler

"My Sassy Girl" Behind the Scenes - Getting into the zone - From here on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/BW9vSVKlB-v/

789394abcbde1a3eea8e3a24ad3aeb10.jpg

JW's nerdy glasses in "Yong Pal"

I know we were just saying that JW doesn't expose himself much - but it looks like his arms are an exception :wink: 

A really nice shot from "King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu"

95db071170113d07139ecead7a1b95db.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kittyna said:

I also recall that he'd said once (I think it was on "Life Log"?) that he's oftentimes so busy that he'd only have one proper meal during the day - but, if that bit was from "Life Log", then we can also see how he totally makes up for it with snacks, or just eating a lot when a meal does come around :tongue: 

If he lucky, he might be get one proper meal, but if not, as you said, he might be just eating snack or drink coffee to make himself up all night. I feel sorry seeing him not eating well because of his busy schedule. Even though he just shoot one CF, i still can see that he was tired. I remember in healing camp, joo won once said that he had received IV because he was to tired when filming yong pal. I remember very well that he said he might be die soon if he continued to live like that. I'm very sorry for him. Poor Joo won... but his efforts paid when he received Daesang at young age.

Finally, I seem to recall that JW tried to speed up the tanning process when he was filming "Fatal Intuition" - something about wanting to do it by going to a tanning salon, but then his staff telling him that that was a really stupidly dangerous idea? So they resorted to makeup/a spray tan instead? Someone help me out here, because I swear I saw that once in a translated interview, but I can't remember where....

Hmmm.... i never see that kind of interview before. I just remember that joo won said in his instagram that "this is make up. Not real". Never seen anything mentioning about tanning in salon. I just remember that he said he makes the character real by talking with dialect, gaining weight, and cut his hair. But the skin tone is make up. 

Oh, yeah...he said that on the bedtime VLive broadcast, too - that he likes to wear thick pajamas and socks and wrap himself up in a blanket. You said, @moonstrike, that you and JW shared a habit of putting something between your legs when you sleep. Well, that's the thing that JW and I have in common - I've heard a lot of people say that sleeping in a cooler space is supposed to help you sleep better...but not me. I like to be really warm and bundled up :tongue: I hate when it's cold and I end up shivering for the first few minutes when I go to bed.

I remember in TAXI, the host asking him did he wear a sweater for sleep. Joo won said yes, and that was making the host amazed and surprised. Haha... love the host reaction. He didn't know that joo won is like to cover up his body.

lol - I don't know just how modest "teenager style" is, though. Where I'm from, yes, teenage boys wear really loose baggy clothing...but sometimes they end up wearing such baggy pants that the pants fall down a bit and you see their boxers sticking out instead :tongue: 

In my country, the teenager is kinda wearing something cute and polite. Especially the boys. But not the justin bieber style like you said haha... So, when I see them, i will remember that that style is kinda similiar like joo won. Haaahh... now, you make me missing him... 

But I do think JW has a very casual style - possibly even an athletic style, since he likes things like T-shirts and hoodies. And, of course, the big fuzzy sweaters that make him look even bigger than he already is :D 

He likes something comfortable and warm. And also, he seems bigger when he wear his army uniform. Especially the winter one. So its like his head and body is not balanced. (His head looks so small and his body looks big). But if he wear the full uniform that has big belt and cap, he looks manly and fit. I love that uniform.

Also i remember that joo won looks bigger if he wear sweater but become small again when he wear Shirt or plain t shirt. This also sometimes affects his face. He looks more chubby if he wear sweater but slimming again after wearing different clothes.

I, too, like that JW is a bit more on the modest side, though. I personally find it a bit weird that male celebrities are expected to pose shirtless in photo shoots, or have the shower scenes in dramas...so I like that JW doesn't do that sort of thing often. I mean, it happens - especially when the drama calls for it - but not as much as I've seen from other Korean actors.

Yeah.. joo won do that but not so exposed like other actor. He just did it without exaggeration. I've seen most actor showing their abs while showering or reaveling their abs after working out (plus sweat). But joo won is different. I remember that there's comment saying that joo won is really wanted to cover his body quickly because in that scene even though there was a scene he was swimming. After he finish swimming, joo won quickly wear his robe and also the camera just takes a picture of his back instead of the front. I think its in sweet sixteen. hahaha ... fans speculation sometimes is very funny.

I know we were just saying that JW doesn't expose himself much - but it looks like his arms are an exception :wink:

Wow... i like his arms in the past. Looks muscular. Its same like now but its just different. His arm might be like this after he finish his army. Looking for it.

Pics!

Love their smile...

This photo is really good

Shimkoong!!! I like this scene. Its like two of them is finally know their feelings to each other.

And as i said, because you already watch the latest post of v live I share. I will post another one now!

http://www.vlive.tv/video/17165

Something i like about this broadcast is: 

- Funny thing, his fans is always asking him is he tired or not everytime he do his broadcast. If his voice is not bright as always even though joo won said he wants to look more cool or if his lips is a bit pale. I like the fact that his fans is really care about him. Even though its just little thing like voice tone while he speaking.

- Joo won said he was in break time in that time. Its been a long time after his last break in 10 grade. Fiuuhhh... such a long time. I'm happy for him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moonstrike said:

If he lucky, he might be get one proper meal, but if not, as you said, he might be just eating snack or drink coffee to make himself up all night. I feel sorry seeing him not eating well because of his busy schedule. Even though he just shoot one CF, i still can see that he was tired. I remember in healing camp, joo won once said that he had received IV because he was to tired when filming yong pal. I remember very well that he said he might be die soon if he continued to live like that. I'm very sorry for him. Poor Joo won... but his efforts paid when he received Daesang at young age.

I remember that the one CF shoot they really showed from beginning to end on "Life Log" lasted way longer than I'd thought it would - JW had to get going really early in the morning, but filming continued until sometime in the middle of the night. Yes, a good chunk of that time was spent on standby, but that's still crazy.

Hmmm.... i never see that kind of interview before. I just remember that joo won said in his instagram that "this is make up. Not real". Never seen anything mentioning about tanning in salon. I just remember that he said he makes the character real by talking with dialect, gaining weight, and cut his hair. But the skin tone is make up. 

I remember that post from Instagram - I thought the "this is makeup" line was referring to the fact that he looked really wet and sweaty in the photo (his hair was wet and stuck to his forehead) rather than the tan. 

But regardless, I still have tons of respect for JW for the lengths he's willing to go for his roles - even if I sometimes think he's being a bit reckless about it :tongue: 

In my country, the teenager is kinda wearing something cute and polite. Especially the boys. But not the justin bieber style like you said haha... So, when I see them, i will remember that that style is kinda similiar like joo won. Haaahh... now, you make me missing him... 

lol - You know that Justin Bieber is Canadian, right? :tongue: He moved to the USA after he got famous, but he was originally from Canada. (Not that many Canadians would admit to that - many of us think he's an embarrassment - but just thought I'd let you know anyway).

I do want to say that most teenage boys where I'm from probably do dress similarly to how JW does - it's just that guys of all ages (kids, young adults, even some ahjussis) do as well, so I don't think of it as being "teenager style" the same way that the sagging pants or big baggy graphic tees are. Being dressed in a more preppy style, though, is something I see more from university-aged boys where I'm from than among teenagers, though. I guess things are done differently in North America and Asia :) 

So, for example...I'm gonna use "Nae Il's Cantabile" since you said you watched (or was it rewatched?) the show recently, so the images should still be fresh in your mind. I find that most teenage and 20-something boys dress similarly to what you see from Yoo Il Rak (more so among teenagers) and Lee Yoon Hoo (more so among guys in their early 20s). Every so often, I'll come across a boy in his early 20s who dresses like Cha Yoo Jin, but that's a bit of an exception, as it's more something I'd see among guys in their mid-late 20s who are already working as opposed to students.

I remember in TAXI, the host asking him did he wear a sweater for sleep. Joo won said yes, and that was making the host amazed and surprised. Haha... love the host reaction. He didn't know that joo won is like to cover up his body.

Yeah.. joo won do that but not so exposed like other actor. He just did it without exaggeration. I've seen most actor showing their abs while showering or reaveling their abs after working out (plus sweat). But joo won is different. I remember that there's comment saying that joo won is really wanted to cover his body quickly because in that scene even though there was a scene he was swimming. After he finish swimming, joo won quickly wear his robe and also the camera just takes a picture of his back instead of the front. I think its in sweet sixteen. hahaha ... fans speculation sometimes is very funny.

Yeah, I remember the male host on Taxi being surprised by JW's admission there - he was even saying, "You'll change your mind when you get married! What guy would want to go to bed in sweats then?" But I thought it was cute that JW liked doing that - in contrast, I sometimes think it's a bit weird that a lot of guys like to sleep in just their underpants or even naked...maybe it's because I'm a girl who also likes to dress more modestly, but that just sounds so uncomfortable to me.

About being shown shirtless in a drama, I've seen JW do that a few times - most notably in "Good Doctor" and "Nae Il's Cantabile". In both instances, he was like that for a reason that, to me, made sense in terms of the story. For "Good Doctor", Park Si On was shown shirtless as a way to show that he doesn't care about how he looks in front of other people and just focuses on what's the most physically comfortable for himself. As for "Nae Il's Cantabile", I think that's the only time I've seen JW do a shower scene at all, but I liked that it wasn't there just so viewers could have a "Omo, Oppa's so sexy!" moment. It actually made sense that Cha Yoo Jin would be in the shower then, considering that he'd literally found himself waking up in Nae Il's messy apartment. :tongue: 

I do see that a lot of Korean dramas use the shower scene to show moments when the male lead is really troubled about something and needs time to think it over in private. For JW, his equivalent seems to be mirror scenes: scenes where he's at the bathroom sink and just staring at the mirror as he's trying to process whatever his character has just found out. And sometimes, he then smashes said mirror (Ma Jun, anyone?). I think changing those scenes like that works well for JW as an actor: you get a really good shot of his eyes, which are super-expressive, and it also fits his own comfort zone in terms of modesty.

I should note, however, that when it is required for a role, JW doesn't seem to have any qualms about exposing himself - he does that in both "Spring Awakening" and "Ghost", for instance.

And time for pics! 

Spoiler

lol - The caption says he looks like a vampire here. Weird lighting, I guess?

A "bad boy" look from one of Korea's most famous "good boys"

Someone help me out here: what's he wearing in this photo? It looks like it's the traditional costume from somewhere in Southeast Asia, but I'm not sure where? Come on, I know a lot of you guys are from that part of the world - help a very lost Canadian out here, juseyo!

"My Sassy Girl" Behind the Scenes

Such gorgeous lighting here!

14810166f2cda52243ee9960500526f7.jpg

The lighting and camera angle here make his face look so small, and his eyes so huge!

abf309dceb9aa8435e3ab54fe3b58e25.jpg

Because it's cold and snowy where I am right now

d221b3559a92232798d47647faa23e99.jpg

White suit and black tie...lookin' snazzy! :glasses:

4125b510fc17c10be1838317ca23d939.jpg

• Like 1

Good news, everyone - my computer's fixed! I picked it up earlier today, and am using it now :) 

So now I can get back to things like fic-writing again :glasses:

(By the way, don't you just love how there's a photo of JW online somewhere for just about any mood you can have? :wink:)

Anyway, enough of that. So, to confirm from my previous fic-related announcement, I am putting off my original plans for a "Gaksital" fic, because the time's running out for the next planned installment of my "Seolleim in Salzburg" series: the Seollal (i.e. Lunar New Year) and Valentine's Day edition :heart: So stay tuned for that!

In the meantime...Throwback Thursday pics!

Spoiler

Cute pic from "Ojakgyo Brothers"

JW on 1N2D

I love how you can see all the hyungs in the background as well in this first shot

The caption here says that these are his quiz faces - I know the one from the upper right isn't, though. That was from when he was trying to get in the zone prior to going paragliding, except that that fell through anyway because of bad weather :( I think the picture on the bottom right is the cutest, though; poor JW has his hands up like he's worried his hyungs would smack him if he gets the answer wrong (I remember that that moment was one where he actually preceded his turn by saying, "I'm scared~" in this really quiet verison of his aegyo voice)

But then, there are moments on that show when he just ends up looking really tough and charismatic :glasses:

All those times he got his hair wet on the show

Old Meets New

I'm not sure how much these would count as "Throwback" pictures, since they compare moments from JW's older stuff with "My Sassy Girl"

• Like 1

Looks like it's been quiet here for the past bit, but that's okay.

I'll just share some more pics, then be on my way, then :) 

Spoiler

lol - His expression is so cute here, that someone decided to show it four times :tongue: 

Coming back to the "Sweet Smile" concept again

57fb5db0f13c864c135964939f9a05da.jpg

dfda470907b6119ab330c4684186db1e.jpg

e83423c6bb4214b527b780986b3579c5.jpg

d2f8ac5bc5a07be051ce565244e0c712.jpg

c98f965303f8e6a75242631a44535b8a.jpg

• Like 1

On 2/1/2018 at 3:36 AM, kittyna said:

I remember that the one CF shoot they really showed from beginning to end on "Life Log" lasted way longer than I'd thought it would - JW had to get going really early in the morning, but filming continued until sometime in the middle of the night. Yes, a good chunk of that time was spent on standby, but that's still crazy.

I was sad when I saw him tilting his head while closing his eyes. We can feel that he was really tired. But joo won still give his best till the end and smile brightly to people around him. 

I remember he has to drink the soda(?) With happy face many times. Hmmm... he must be full(?) because he has to drink that beverage so many times.

But regardless, I still have tons of respect for JW for the lengths he's willing to go for his roles - even if I sometimes think he's being a bit reckless about it :tongue: 

Hmm... do you have a link or something about that? Because i never see or read something like that. :blink:

I guess things are done differently in North America and Asia :) 

Style in america and asia is a bit different tho. Sometimes i saw some american think that asian is unique. :lol:

Yeah, I remember the male host on Taxi being surprised by JW's admission there - he was even saying, "You'll change your mind when you get married! What guy would want to go to bed in sweats then?"

I was laughing so hard when the male host said that. Because i also can see joo won's reaction after he said that. He just smile shyly while looking outside the window or looking down. He always do that when he feel embarrassed or shy. 

But I thought it was cute that JW liked doing that - in contrast, I sometimes think it's a bit weird that a lot of guys like to sleep in just their underpants or even naked...maybe it's because I'm a girl who also likes to dress more modestly, but that just sounds so uncomfortable to me.

Yeah... i cannot understand why some man sleep without clothes. Is it because they feel hot or because its their habit? I always sleep with full pajamas clothes and i don't even sweating. But some men sleep with full clothes too. Just like uri Joo won. I remember he do his VLiev with knit and long pants. Seems like that is his pajamas everynight.

For "Good Doctor", Park Si On was shown shirtless as a way to show that he doesn't care about how he looks in front of other people and just focuses on what's the most physically comfortable for himself.

And also, THAT IS SO SO SO CUTE. i can't stop smiling when i watched that scene. Especially after he wake up with messy hair. And said" Ppali ppali..."

As for "Nae Il's Cantabile", I think that's the only time I've seen JW do a shower scene at all, but I liked that it wasn't there just so viewers could have a "Omo, Oppa's so sexy!" moment. It actually made sense that Cha Yoo Jin would be in the shower then, considering that he'd literally found himself waking up in Nae Il's messy apartment. :tongue: 

The scene shows how desperate cha yu jin is after knowing that he wakes up in a "dumpster" inhabited by a cheerful woman. And she said "do you remember what happen last night?" Hahaha ... he was so shocked that he had to rub his body many times. because as we know that yoo jin is a person who likes cleanliness. So I think the scene is pretty important to show.

he then smashes said mirror (Ma Jun, anyone?). I think changing those scenes like that works well for JW as an actor: you get a really good shot of his eyes, which are super-expressive, and it also fits his own comfort zone in terms of modesty.

The scene also shows in yong pal. With wet hair because he was his face first but without smashing the mirror. I like when he stare at the mirror talking to himself with serious tone.

I should note, however, that when it is required for a role, JW doesn't seem to have any qualms about exposing himself - he does that in both "Spring Awakening" and "Ghost", for instance.

But he just do that in musical. Because i never seen him act that kind of scene in drama. He do that in musical but not in drama. But he might be do that in the future. Just wait for the process. (I've seen many actors act that kind of scene. Especially actor in joo won's age. Like lee min ho, ji chang wook, and don't forget Kim soo hyun in his new movie with sulli. And many more that i can't mention it one by one.)

A "bad boy" look from one of Korea's most famous "good boys"

Oooo... you're right! I like his bad boy style. But looking at behind the scene... its just funny and cute that joo won can't act as bad boy that long. Its same when he act as cool or tsundere man.. he will cringe. Hahaha 

Someone help me out here: what's he wearing in this photo? It looks like it's the traditional costume from somewhere in Southeast Asia, but I'm not sure where? Come on, I know a lot of you guys are from that part of the world - help a very lost Canadian out here, juseyo!

I've known this picture long time ago but I still do not know this from which event and the clothes are also unusual. but his expression was very cute...

Because it's cold and snowy where I am right now

Be carefull. It must be really cold. I heard that camp where joo won stay is very cold. Wooo... i can't imagine how cold is that. Its even colder that siberia. 

I watched video about joo won's camp. And I remember all the soldiers would run in the morning without a top shirt. I hope they do not do that in winter. because they would be cold.

4 hours ago, kittyna said:

lol - His expression is so cute here, that someone decided to show it four times :tongue:

I love when he touch his cheeks. It looks so fluffy. Hehe..

Now pics!!

This photo is so beautiful. With the lights and angle everything looks perfect. Especially the two actors expression. They seems so in love..

Count me in!

https://mobile.twitter.com/moonstarjw/status/959059261576720386

Great!

Joo won's magazine!!! I like all his pose. And also his hair style. Thanks to joo won's stylish noonas.

What a gorgeous man!

• Like 1

I remember he has to drink the soda(?) With happy face many times. Hmmm... he must be full(?) because he has to drink that beverage so many times.

Oh, yeah, I remember that - all of those takes were funny to watch, though. And I loved how he just let it come out naturally, so his reaction wound up looking/sounding different every single time.

And, yes, it was a soda - McCol is a barley-based soda that, from the description, sounds similar to beer but without the alcohol.

By the way, did you notice that JW was drinking it again on a later episode of "Life Log", when he went out to dinner with his friends after going to Lotte World? :wink: 

Hmm... do you have a link or something about that? Because i never see or read something like that. :blink:

I tried searching up the interview I was referring to, but really couldn't find it again. Which is starting to weird me out a little bit, to be honest...did I, like, dream this up or something? I doubt it, but...

Anyway, my comment about JW getting a bit reckless sometimes in his quest to get into character was a general statement rather than a comment on any particular role or incident. I really just meant it as a reference to how committed he was to acting, even if it meant going without food or sleep or performing dangerous stunts himself.

I was laughing so hard when the male host said that. Because i also can see joo won's reaction after he said that. He just smile shyly while looking outside the window or looking down. He always do that when he feel embarrassed or shy. 

I do get a sense that JW's not comfortable openly discussing the physical part of a relationship - and that's perfectly fine by me. He has as much of a right to be shy as someone else has the right to be open about it, so as long as interviewers and fans respect his wishes there, I'm good :) 

But some men sleep with full clothes too. Just like uri Joo won. I remember he do his VLiev with knit and long pants. Seems like that is his pajamas everynight.

I...doubt that the clothes he was wearing in that VLive broadcast were supposed to be what he really wore to bed. Instead, I saw it as part of the staging that we see in a lot of dramas - like, have you ever noticed how so many times drama characters sleep in their street clothes? Or, at least, in something that's not sleepwear? It's a bit weird :tongue: 

But I do remember that JW wore a T-shirt and athletic shorts to bed on "Life Log", and that that was a different outfit than what he was wearing during the daytime part of the same shoot - so my guess is that that's real :) 

(You can't see the whole outfit here, but it's this one)

And also, THAT IS SO SO SO CUTE. i can't stop smiling when i watched that scene. Especially after he wake up with messy hair. And said" Ppali ppali..."

Yeah - that's the moment from Episode 5, right before the zoo scene. :) There was also the one in the first two episodes where Cha Yoon Seo woke up to find Park Si On just standing there brushing his teeth. That was so funny!

The scene shows how desperate cha yu jin is after knowing that he wakes up in a "dumpster" inhabited by a cheerful woman. And she said "do you remember what happen last night?" Hahaha ... he was so shocked that he had to rub his body many times. because as we know that yoo jin is a person who likes cleanliness. So I think the scene is pretty important to show.

LOL! Yeah - Cha Yoo Jin wasn't just trying to clean his body, but his mind as well :tongue: He's just like, "OMG...what DID happen last night???"

Personally, I think that was the funniest shower scene I've seen in any K-drama to date. :wink: 

The scene also shows in yong pal. With wet hair because he was his face first but without smashing the mirror. I like when he stare at the mirror talking to himself with serious tone.

So did "Gaksital", by the way :wink: 

Point is: JW gets these mirror scenes A LOT. And I love them every single time :) 

But he just do that in musical. Because i never seen him act that kind of scene in drama. He do that in musical but not in drama. But he might be do that in the future. Just wait for the process. (I've seen many actors act that kind of scene. Especially actor in joo won's age. Like lee min ho, ji chang wook, and don't forget Kim soo hyun in his new movie with sulli. And many more that i can't mention it one by one.)

I wonder if JW is okay with doing that on stage but not necessarily on film because the stage functions like its own separate world. When you're there under the spotlights, the entire area where the audience is sitting is just black - you can't see anybody. In that moment, you can forget that anything outside of your character and the other actors/characters and the story even exists, and that probably makes JW more comfortable as an actor.

Oooo... you're right! I like his bad boy style. But looking at behind the scene... its just funny and cute that joo won can't act as bad boy that long. Its same when he act as cool or tsundere man.. he will cringe. Hahaha 

I first noticed the way that JW can look like the "bad boy" in a photo shoot, but then go right back to being himself afterwards or between shots in the December 2015 Céci Magazine shoot. He's...not necessarily the "bad boy" in that shoot, but the concept is, to put it delicately, "the morning after", as evidenced by his mussed-up hair and clothing, the kiss mark on his neck, and the way his eyes and lips look a bit swollen. I remember I was completely shocked when I first saw the photos - I had gotten so used to JW's "good boy maknae" image that I was just like, "Who the hell thought this was a good idea? And how could JW have consented to being made to look like that?"

But then I saw the behind the scenes video, and it all made sense.

I was still new to Hallyu at the time, so I had had no idea that photo shoots were not meant to be real. Like...I knew, of course, that the pictures were staged, but it somehow had not crossed my mind that just because the actor was not posing as a character didn't meant that he was being himself. What we end up seeing in a photo shoot is as much an act as what we see in a drama or film. And once I figured that out, photo shoots like this one made a lot more sense :wink: 

Be carefull. It must be really cold. I heard that camp where joo won stay is very cold. Wooo... i can't imagine how cold is that. Its even colder that siberia. 

I watched video about joo won's camp. And I remember all the soldiers would run in the morning without a top shirt. I hope they do not do that in winter. because they would be cold.

Yikes! It's that cold there, too? I was just referring to where I am here in Canada, but...I completely sympathize if that's the case in Korea right now as well.

And now for a few more pics!

Spoiler

This photo was taken in Macau for GGIO2 - but I initially thought it was Hong Kong. What can I say? They do look similar :wink: 

This came out really funny; it's like he's going, "I'm watching you!"

JW's wink as Han Gil Ro in "Level 7 Civil Servant"

More of the "bad boy" style

He looks good in both black and white 

These close-up shots are just gorgeous :) Such a warm smile!

And goodbye and good night for now :wink: 

7fbe67a9035941e8c447f1ced3b0eb0f.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/31/2018 at 11:24 AM, moonstrike said:

And as i said, because you already watch the latest post of v live I share. I will post another one now!

http://www.vlive.tv/video/17165

Something i like about this broadcast is: 

- Funny thing, his fans is always asking him is he tired or not everytime he do his broadcast. If his voice is not bright as always even though joo won said he wants to look more cool or if his lips is a bit pale. I like the fact that his fans is really care about him. Even though its just little thing like voice tone while he speaking.

- Joo won said he was in break time in that time. Its been a long time after his last break in 10 grade. Fiuuhhh... such a long time. I'm happy for him.

Just wanted to say really quickly that I did get around to watching this one - so thanks for sharing :) 

I, too, love that JW's fans care so much about him - they're asking if he's tired in real time, right, as he's vlogging? I also loved that JW responded to their comments in real time, too. Also the way that he realizes when he's vlogging at a bad time (e.g. when most potential viewers would be at work or at school) - although there's not much he can do about it, since he's just slipping these in between other things on his crazily packed schedule, I do like that he at least acknowledges it.

I remember him saying he was on break during "Life Log", though - or did he just mean that he was on break from dramas, since "Ghost" was going on the entire time? I guess so. *shrugs* Point is: he was telling his friends how it felt really weird to not have anything going on, so he and Lee Se Wook went on an impromptu camping trip. :) 

And now for pics!

Spoiler

Love his smile in this one!

"Gaksital" Behind the Scenes

Just a few gorgeously-shot photos

330b894027346bea9556608b63043fdc.jpg

Happy bike ride :D

Such a funny face

• Like 1

16 hours ago, kittyna said:

Oh, yeah, I remember that - all of those takes were funny to watch, though. And I loved how he just let it come out naturally, so his reaction wound up looking/sounding different every single time.

Hahahaa... he is so expressive! I like all of his reaction after drink that soda. Sounds like happiness and satisfied after finding water in dessert island. And that look he gave to his sunbae that act as polar bear is so cute.

By the way, i like and really love all comments that all his sunbae said about joo won. Sunbae In acting world or sunbae in his highschool days. All of his sunbae in musical or in highschool said that joo won is never change even though he became a famous actor. And also in live log, his sunbae said that joo won is like a white cotton. So pure and innocent. Also a very hard-working man. I also remember that his sunbae said he was touched when joo won welcoming him with warm smile and a hug. There are so much good comments i heard about him from his sunbae. I have to watch it again to recall all the words his sunbaes said. All of those comments are great!

I tried searching up the interview I was referring to, but really couldn't find it again. Which is starting to weird me out a little bit, to be honest...did I, like, dream this up or something? I doubt it, but...

Haha... its okay! Sometimes i also dream about him. Maybe because i really miss him?

Anyway, my comment about JW getting a bit reckless sometimes in his quest to get into character was a general statement rather than a comment on any particular role or incident. I really just meant it as a reference to how committed he was to acting, even if it meant going without food or sleep or performing dangerous stunts himself.

He is very much striving himself in making his character real. I liked that. That is why he is a great and awesome actor. One of the most succes actor in his generation. But sometimes I feel worried because he gets sleepless and does not eat well. we know that joo won always think about the staff behind the screen. he always thinks he has a big responsibility to make his project work. so he will forbid himself to keep on doing his best even though it must sacrifice himself. I also remember he gets wound or hurt when acting. But we support you Joo won! Don't get hurt and please always be happy!

I...doubt that the clothes he was wearing in that VLive broadcast were supposed to be what he really wore to bed. Instead, I saw it as part of the staging that we see in a lot of dramas - like, have you ever noticed how so many times drama characters sleep in their street clothes? Or, at least, in something that's not sleepwear? It's a bit weird :tongue: 

Like when they drunk and can't even stand on their feet to walk and change their clothes. :lol:... there are many scene like that in drama. They drunk and go home without change and wake up in the morning with sleepy face. 

But I do remember that JW wore a T-shirt and athletic shorts to bed on "Life Log", and that that was a different outfit than what he was wearing during the daytime part of the same shoot - so my guess is that that's real :) 

His outfit is just like ordinary person.. i also remember that he was conducting or is it learning Chinese in his sleep. I wonder is he dream about his lesson? Its so cute, by the way. And his appearance after waking up is so cute and funny. Its just the same like in 1N2D but with different clothes. He often wear thick jacket and long pant and also hats to make his body warm. You know that even though he get to sleep inside, its still cold especially in winter. But you can see his real clothes/outfit when he want to sleep in life log.

LOL! Yeah - Cha Yoo Jin wasn't just trying to clean his body, but his mind as well :tongue: He's just like, "OMG...what DID happen last night???"

I saw some comments said that joo won's muscles is unbearable. That is kinda true. Hahaha... Especially when he touch his head, we can see his bulky arms. Such a rare view...:lol:

Point is: JW gets these mirror scenes A LOT. And I love them every single time :) 

Seems like he always get a mirror scene in all of his drama. The director is definitely don't want to waste joo won's great and expressive eyes, isn't he? Haha. Its the same case where some actors in his drama always get to touch his cute cheeks. Haaahhh... i want to touch it too!

wonder if JW is okay with doing that on stage but not necessarily on film because the stage functions like its own separate world. When you're there under the spotlights, the entire area where the audience is sitting is just black - you can't see anybody. In that moment, you can forget that anything outside of your character and the other actors/characters and the story even exists, and that probably makes JW more comfortable as an actor.

Oh yeah!! I remember that! Joo won said that musical stage is different. Its different when he do musical than doing drama. He is completely the character when he act. Its the same when he act on the stage. You can't even see joo won when he act. And supported by a somewhat separate and dark audience seat, it certainly will help Joo Won mesmerizing his character.

I was still new to Hallyu at the time, so I had had no idea that photo shoots were not meant to be real. Like...I knew, of course, that the pictures were staged, but it somehow had not crossed my mind that just because the actor was not posing as a character didn't meant that he was being himself. What we end up seeing in a photo shoot is as much an act as what we see in a drama or film. And once I figured that out, photo shoots like this one made a lot more sense :wink:

Its just like when he act in drama. We know that the staff will tell the theme or concept before he shoot the photo. He just do and pose like what the photographer told him and what the concept for the photoshoot. And also, we can hear that joo won said it was an honour to be a model for the magazine. By the way, I saw many actors do photoshoot with dangerous pose and also with girls. Like TOP big bang. I also surprised when i saw that photo. But we know its just a photo, right.:lol:

17 hours ago, kittyna said:

He looks good in both black and white 

He looks slim in that photo. Especially in that black shirt. It makes me remember he said his waist is 30 inches.

2 hours ago, kittyna said:

Gaksital" Behind the Scenes

I really like his side views..

Now for the pics!!!

Such a funny curse word. Hahaha..

NEW PHOTO FOR YOU GUYS!!!

HE IS SUCH A HANDSOME MAN.... WE CAN SEE HIS UNIQUE EYES IN THIS PHOTO. ITS SO INTERESTING THAT WE CAN SEE DIFFERENT FEEL FROM EACH EYE. JUST CLOSE ONE SIDE OF HIS FACE AND LOOK. CLICK THE ARROW FOR MORE PICTURE! I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO HIS APPEARANCE AFTER ARMY. IT WILL BE AWESOME.

Same hairstyle, different pose.

And more joo won in warm clothes for you guys.

Same with me. I love his serious looks everytime he focus on something.

Awww.... i love this.

Best korean actor in his generation. He can cry in just 16 seconds. He also not easy to get distracted. Not even laugh when everyone around him make funny jokes. Such an amazing focus. No one can beat this.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, moonstrike said:

By the way, i like and really love all comments that all his sunbae said about joo won. Sunbae In acting world or sunbae in his highschool days. All of his sunbae in musical or in highschool said that joo won is never change even though he became a famous actor. And also in live log, his sunbae said that joo won is like a white cotton. So pure and innocent. Also a very hard-working man. I also remember that his sunbae said he was touched when joo won welcoming him with warm smile and a hug. There are so much good comments i heard about him from his sunbae. I have to watch it again to recall all the words his sunbaes said. All of those comments are great!

That whole interview JW did with his university sunbae on "Life Log" was great to watch - they clearly go way back, and had some great stories to share. lol - My favourite was when the sunbae said that JW used to always help build the sets for the university's plays, and whenever he was working and girls came by the theatre, he would yell out, "I'm over here!" or, if he was chatting with someone else when they're interrupted, he'd say, "I'll just be over there..." and walk off to start working in full view of everyone. It's one of those few moments we see JW being sassy :wink: 

Haha... its okay! Sometimes i also dream about him. Maybe because i really miss him?

I keep telling myself that I'm a sane and rational fan who wouldn't do that sort of thing, but yes, it has happened. Not romantic dreams - and certainly not any sort of sexual fantasy - but dreams where I come across one of JW's characters or he's a friend of mine or something. It's a bit odd, to be honest.

Most of the time, I don't pay dreams like that much mind, even if I do end wake up thinking, "Wait...what just happened? Am I going in too deep as a fan?"

There is, however, one MAJOR exception. It was a nightmare in which I saw a headline where someone's accusing JW of sexual assault. I think I got it sometime in the late summer or fall of 2016 - after first Park Yoo Chun and then Uhm Tae Woong had such scandals attached to them. And those scandals were devastating for me; I had gotten into Hallyu because I thought that liking Korean stuff could help me escape from some of the bad things I see here in North America, but was being proven wrong. And I think I was scared about just how wrong I could be - could the one celebrity I truly believed to be a moral and righteous person (i.e. JW) also let me down in that way?

I still remember that nightmare clearly because it felt so real - so real, in fact, that I could actually feel my dream self shaking, and I literally jolted awake, still feeling terrified. And even now, well after the fact, I still oftentimes have to deal with a quick wave of anxiety whenever I check allkpop or Soompi for news, because I'm worried that that nightmare will come true.

Of course I want to believe that JW is the real deal, and that he really is as good as he looks. But I think that little bit of fear will always be there, lurking somewhere in my mind.

Like when they drunk and can't even stand on their feet to walk and change their clothes. :lol:... there are many scene like that in drama. They drunk and go home without change and wake up in the morning with sleepy face. 

Okay, those instances would make sense, though. I just know there have been times when characters are shown just waking up on a normal morning - not hungover, not having pulled an all-nighter at work - and they're still, like, wearing a button-down shirt or have perfect hair and makeup or something. Am I supposed to think that everyone in K-dramas just literally drops from exhaustion whenever nighttime comes around without even, like, washing their faces or something? :tongue: 

Of course I know it's just all pretend, and I usually just let it slide - but it is funny once you sit down and think about it.

His outfit is just like ordinary person.. i also remember that he was conducting or is it learning Chinese in his sleep. I wonder is he dream about his lesson? Its so cute, by the way.

lol - And JW's shown watching the footage in a different room during that episode, and when the interviewer asked him what he was doing, he wasn't sure, and was just laughing at the caption the "Life Log" staff had written ("Conducting while sleeping")

And his appearance after waking up is so cute and funny. Its just the same like in 1N2D but with different clothes. He often wear thick jacket and long pant and also hats to make his body warm. You know that even though he get to sleep inside, its still cold especially in winter.

Yeah, everyone bundles up to go to bed on 1N2D :tongue: I've noticed from Season 2 that everyone generally has three outfits: the clothes they wear on the first day, the clothes they wear after dinner for the bedtime bokbulbok which they also wear to bed, and the clothes they wear to and after breakfast on the second day. There was the time they had to go to Sado with minimal staff (it was the same episode where JW showed his whole skincare routine), and Sung Si Kyung was showing one of the others how his stylist wrote out a whole chart for him to show what he was supposed to wear at different times (e.g. "When it's cold, put on this sweater").

JW's clothes on 1N2D were always funny, though - he started off looking like such a little kid :D 

I saw some comments said that joo won's muscles is unbearable. That is kinda true. Hahaha... Especially when he touch his head, we can see his bulky arms. Such a rare view...:lol:

lol - That was the first time I noticed his arms at all, actually! Because I knew from, say, how JW dressed that he doesn't have super-broad shoulders (they are broad, but not really, really broad like some other actors I've seen), so I was used to thinking that he was slim. And then that scene happened on "Nae Il's Cantabile", and I went, "Wait...what? Since when did JW look like that???"

lol - I'm more looking forward to seeing that than whether JW will come out of the army with "chocolate abs". Is that weird?

Seems like he always get a mirror scene in all of his drama. The director is definitely don't want to waste joo won's great and expressive eyes, isn't he? Haha. Its the same case where some actors in his drama always get to touch his cute cheeks. Haaahhh... i want to touch it too!

LOL! I just remembered - the shower scene on "Nae Il's Cantabile" was also a mirror scene :tongue: Like, Cha Yoo Jin literally had a small mirror on his bathroom wall inside the shower stall, so we got a bit of a two-for-one special in that clip.

As for the cheeks, I've noticed that, too. How many other characters have pinched or smushed his cheeks at some point?

Its just like when he act in drama. We know that the staff will tell the theme or concept before he shoot the photo. He just do and pose like what the photographer told him and what the concept for the photoshoot. And also, we can hear that joo won said it was an honour to be a model for the magazine. By the way, I saw many actors do photoshoot with dangerous pose and also with girls. Like TOP big bang. I also surprised when i saw that photo. But we know its just a photo, right.:lol:

I think, while we're on the subject of photo shoots, that nothing has surprised me more than how often male celebrities are shown smoking in them. Because that's something that would never happen here in North America. It probably did a few generations ago, when smoking was still seen as cool and manly, but for as long as I could remember, it was shown to be a dangerous habit; so even if magazines had cigarette ads, you would never see celebrities endorsing them.

So I was really shocked the first time I saw JW smoking in some photo shoot pictures - not as shocked as I was with the Céci Magazine shoot, but still really surprised nonetheless. It was then that I realized I had to wrap my mind around just how okay Korean society is with smoking: it's not necessarily glorified or romanticized, but it's treated as just something that some people do, and there's no assumption that people who smoke are rebels or delinquents like is the case here. That was also when I started having to get used to the possibility that JW actually smoked in real life - because whether or not he actually did, I could tell from the existence of such magazine photos that he at least didn't mind people thinking he did.

(By the way, I do think I know the answer by now, so no need to fill me in on that front - the "Carry the cigarettes" line on "Life Log" was a pretty obvious clue. But by the time I watched "Life Log", I had already grown used to the idea, so I just went, "Oh, okay. Well, at least I know now" and left it at that.)

I still have that Canadian habit of not wanting to glamorize smoking, though - so that's one of the two main types of Hallyu photos I never recirculate on Pinterest when I find them. The other one is shirtless pics (I made one exception for the scene from "Good Doctor", but that's it).

Such a funny curse word. Hahaha..

Yeah...his insults are so innocent and cute in that bit :tongue: Only Park Si On would say that sort of thing.....

WE CAN SEE HIS UNIQUE EYES IN THIS PHOTO. ITS SO INTERESTING THAT WE CAN SEE DIFFERENT FEEL FROM EACH EYE. JUST CLOSE ONE SIDE OF HIS FACE AND LOOK.

I love how you can tell that the difference comes from the upper eyelid - the line on the bottom of both of his eyes is the same (i.e. they both curve/slant upwards the same way), but then the eyelid of his "evil" eye is hooded a bit more than the other so it covers the top part of that eye a little bit (you really notice it in the first shot from that slideshow).

I remember when I watched (their first time, my second) "Gaksital" with my parents that my mom said that she noticed JW had "fox eyes" when he was wearing the mask. And I was like, "Um...he kind of does without the mask, too - or at least cat eyes." They're different from the "puppy eye" (where the line on top is round and the line on the bottom is almost straight horizontal) like we see from so many other Hallyu stars - but JW's eyes are part of what makes him recognizable almost anywhere.

Same with me. I love his serious looks everytime he focus on something.

I also think it's funny how he presses his lips together and pouts a little bit when he's concentrating on something - he ends up making a duck face :tongue: 

Best korean actor in his generation. He can cry in just 16 seconds. He also not easy to get distracted. Not even laugh when everyone around him make funny jokes. Such an amazing focus. No one can beat this.

I also remember the other time he did this on 1N2D, as well as the time he did it on "Happy Together". Everyone's always blown away by it.

Of course, we know the trade-off is that JW has a hard time stopping once he starts crying - he can stop easily here because it's just about doing the action, but when he's acting, he cries quickly because he's that fully in character.

I think some great things will come of this particular talent of his, though - he's already as immersed in his crying scenes as veteran actors are.

And again for pics!

Spoiler

Looking so young and innocent here

I love how he's making the <_< face

JW on the red carpet - love the play-by-play commentary in the caption, too

"My Sassy Girl" Behind the Scenes (including a cameo from Lee Jung Shin in the second shot)

JW, Kim Young Kwang, and PUPPIES!

Speaking of animals...a ton of images comparing JW to them - Aren't they funny?

• Like 1

That whole interview JW did with his university sunbae on "Life Log" was great to watch - they clearly go way back, and had some great stories to share. lol - My favourite was when the sunbae said that JW used to always help build the sets for the university's plays, and whenever he was working and girls came by the theatre, he would yell out, "I'm over here!" or, if he was chatting with someone else when they're interrupted, he'd say, "I'll just be over there..." and walk off to start working in full view of everyone. It's one of those few moments we see JW being sassy :wink: 

Haha... sometimes joo won can get naughty and sassy without he even knowing it. 

I keep telling myself that I'm a sane and rational fan who wouldn't do that sort of thing, but yes, it has happened. Not romantic dreams - and certainly not any sort of sexual fantasy - but dreams where I come across one of JW's characters or he's a friend of mine or something. It's a bit odd, to be honest.

I was dreaming about him. In my dream, i saw joo won with my own eyes and met him. He looks really handsome just like everyone say in social media. He even gave me handshake and take a photo with me. He smile and gave me his warm look. After that dream over and i wake up, i immediately find my phone and search my gallery. I thought that was real that i even check my phone gallery. It was insane but funny. I like that.

There is, however, one MAJOR exception. It was a nightmare in which I saw a headline where someone's accusing JW of sexual assault. I think I got it sometime in the late summer or fall of 2016 - after first Park Yoo Chun and then Uhm Tae Woong had such scandals attached to them. And those scandals were devastating for me; I had gotten into Hallyu because I thought that liking Korean stuff could help me escape from some of the bad things I see here in North America, but was being proven wrong. And I think I was scared about just how wrong I could be - could the one celebrity I truly believed to be a moral and righteous person (i.e. JW) also let me down in that way?

Hmmm... let me see... I never dream that kind of dream. I believe him and support him even in my dream. By the way, i knew Uhm tae woong case. There are people said that they can't see uhm tae woong like before after the scandal. But now, he became a great father for his daughter.. It was scary tho. 

lol - And JW's shown watching the footage in a different room during that episode, and when the interviewer asked him what he was doing, he wasn't sure, and was just laughing at the caption the "Life Log" staff had written ("Conducting while sleeping")

Haha.. he also didn't know what he was doing in his sleep. He just laugh because of embarrassment. He us so cute when he laugh like that.

JW's clothes on 1N2D were always funny, though - he started off looking like such a little kid :D 

With thick and big jacket, it looks like he drown in his own jacket. Especially with his small head and also joo won often wear a hat to cover his messy hair. It makes his face more small and finally he will look like a kid that wear big jacket to fight cold temperature in winter.

lol - That was the first time I noticed his arms at all, actually! Because I knew from, say, how JW dressed that he doesn't have super-broad shoulders (they are broad, but not really, really broad like some other actors I've seen), so I was used to thinking that he was slim. And then that scene happened on "Nae Il's Cantabile", and I went, "Wait...what? Since when did JW look like that???"

I was shock too. But it was kind of happy shock. Hehe... He was slim in Good doctor but seems like his body is improving, right? Remember that joo won was into weightlifting to make his shoulder broader and his arms bulkier but not like really big. Just healthy big(you know what i mean). Joo won said he wants to maintain his health and also make his body more proportional. 

lol - I'm more looking forward to seeing that than whether JW will come out of the army with "chocolate abs". Is that weird?

Hmm.. its not weird at all. Maybe because that part of body is more noticeable than sixpacks behind his clothes, right? You can see his arm with whatever his clothes are. 

I think, while we're on the subject of photo shoots, that nothing has surprised me more than how often male celebrities are shown smoking in them. Because that's something that would never happen here in North America. It probably did a few generations ago, when smoking was still seen as cool and manly, but for as long as I could remember, it was shown to be a dangerous habit; so even if magazines had cigarette ads, you would never see celebrities endorsing them.

Smoking is quite common in asia. You can see men with his cigarette all around the place. So i'm used to it. And maybe they smoke to realising their stress beside for looking cool. 

So I was really shocked the first time I saw JW smoking in some photo shoot pictures - not as shocked as I was with the Céci Magazine shoot, but still really surprised nonetheless. It was then that I realized I had to wrap my mind around just how okay Korean society is with smoking: it's not necessarily glorified or romanticized, but it's treated as just something that some people do, and there's no assumption that people who smoke are rebels or delinquents like is the case here. That was also when I started having to get used to the possibility that JW actually smoked in real life - because whether or not he actually did, I could tell from the existence of such magazine photos that he at least didn't mind people thinking he did.

I'm not shocked when i see that photo becauee i knew its just a photo. And i also knew that maybe joo won is smoking in real life. You can see that he was carrying cigarettes box in life log. But as i said, i'm not shocked with that.

As you know that the level of stress in korea is very high. and also joo won is a celebrity. he has a busy schedule and also a fairly heavy life. of all that, something that can relieve stress. only smoking is the most common and safe way. He can't drink. And I also know that smoking also makes your body warm in winter.

I also knew that almost all korean men is smoking. And i saw many celebrities doing that too. Even with more dangerous situation and that can be more scandalous than joo won case. Like yoo chun, He is smoking even though he has asthma. And also psy, He was smoking under no smoking sign. And many more. Even song joong ki, lee min ho, lee jong suk, and ji chang wook is smoking. Many actor is smoking. Fiuhh... thats a lot. I can't mention it one by one here too. There are also idol, person that singing on stage and their voice is their treasure is smoking. Like EXO member and Big bang too. And U-know Yoon ho (joo won and Boa's friend) is also smoking. You can search that on google for more.

But i hope he already stop smoking now. Its not good for his health. And Joo won, as i always said, I will support you! Please take care of your amazing body.

18 hours ago, kittyna said:

I remember when I watched (their first time, my second) "Gaksital" with my parents that my mom said that she noticed JW had "fox eyes" when he was wearing the mask. And I was like, "Um...he kind of does without the mask, too - or at least cat eyes." They're different from the "puppy eye" (where the line on top is round and the line on the bottom is almost straight horizontal) like we see from so many other Hallyu stars - but JW's eyes are part of what makes him recognizable almost anywhere.

He used his fox or cat eyes more than his puppy eyes in yong pal and bridal mask. Since because there are many intense scene that need a sharp and intimidating eyes. But in good doctor, joo won used his puppy eyes more than his cat fox eyes. In order to make a baby and kid innocent look, he used his all body to express it. 

also think it's funny how he presses his lips together and pouts a little bit when he's concentrating on something - he ends up making a duck face :tongue: 

A cute duck face. Haha... he do that without he even knowing it. It is his habit whenever he thinking or serious about something. Its also like when he bite his finger whenever he thinking about something. He often do that in 1N2D. 

I think some great things will come of this particular talent of his, though - he's already as immersed in his crying scenes as veteran actors are

He already can do that even in his first debut drama. He get recognition because of his handsome face and also amazing acting skills. If you read the article i post here about baker king cast and staffs comment about joo won. You must be now that even his sunbae is impressed with his skills in drama world even though it was his first time. Even yoon shi yoon is admiring joo won. Proud of him...

Yoon shi yoon said that joo won became so handsome after he cameback to korea (because he was filming his chinese drama in china) and also he said that joo won doesn't have up and down even though they filming all night and really exhausted. Joo won still can give his best and acting like usual. He said it is because joo won is doing musical so he know the basic. 

JW, Kim Young Kwang, and PUPPIES!

His face is so cute here. It looks like he really like animal and that dog. Hahah...

Speaking of animals...a ton of images comparing JW to them - Aren't they funny?

What is that!!! all of that is really similar and also very funny. what I like best is the comparison of joo won with the cat. they are really similar. Especially the one from my sassy girl. 

Pics!!!

Lovely...

Such a nice photo.

Joo won in maroon color. Fits him

And for the highlight. Here is the high definition photo of joo won in edwin event. He was so cool and cute.

http://flowermoonjw930.tistory.com/m/entry/141207-서울-에드윈-팬싸인회-직찍

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, moonstrike said:

In my dream, i saw joo won with my own eyes and met him. He looks really handsome just like everyone say in social media. He even gave me handshake and take a photo with me. He smile and gave me his warm look. After that dream over and i wake up, i immediately find my phone and search my gallery. I thought that was real that i even check my phone gallery. It was insane but funny. I like that.

Yeah...have I had a dream like that before? :huh: I don't know - but I definitely wish that I got something like that than what I actually did <_< Nightmares aren't fun - and nightmares that stay with you are even less fun.

1 hour ago, moonstrike said:

By the way, i knew Uhm tae woong case. There are people said that they can't see uhm tae woong like before after the scandal. But now, he became a great father for his daughter.. It was scary tho. 

It was scary, yeah - I do like that he was honest about it, though, so things passed quickly and he could sooner focus on picking up the pieces and starting up again. 

I find that scandals like that don't affect how I see them as actors - if their acting's good, then it's good no matter what. But it does change how interested I would be in watching their work, and definitely my choices for, say, variety shows, interviews, etc.

I guess that's why I can't help worrying about JW, even if it's usually just a little tiny bit - I do still get waves of that old fear, but they don't happen often. Because experiences like this have taught me just how little I actually know about any of these people.

With thick and big jacket, it looks like he drown in his own jacket. Especially with his small head and also joo won often wear a hat to cover his messy hair. It makes his face more small and finally he will look like a kid that wear big jacket to fight cold temperature in winter.

"He will look like a kid that wears big jackets to fight cold temperatures in winter" - Um...that's because he is one! lol

Remember that joo won was into weightlifting to make his shoulder broader and his arms bulkier but not like really big. Just healthy big(you know what i mean). Joo won said he wants to maintain his health and also make his body more proportional. 

Yeah...I like the "healthy big" more than the "really big", just as a general preference. :wink: 

Smoking is quite common in asia. You can see men with his cigarette all around the place. So i'm used to it. And maybe they smoke to realising their stress beside for looking cool. 

I'm not shocked when i see that photo becauee i knew its just a photo. And i also knew that maybe joo won is smoking in real life. You can see that he was carrying cigarettes box in life log. But as i said, i'm not shocked with that.

As you know that the level of stress in korea is very high. and also joo won is a celebrity. he has a busy schedule and also a fairly heavy life. of all that, something that can relieve stress. only smoking is the most common and safe way. He can't drink. And I also know that smoking also makes your body warm in winter.

I also knew that almost all korean men is smoking. And i saw many celebrities doing that too.

Oh, don't worry about me - I've gotten used to that by now. :) I just needed to learn that the culture is different between Canada and a lot of Asian countries, and then it made sense. Actually, in the city where I live, there are a lot of immigrants from Asia - and a lot of the Chinese ahjussis smoke. So I knew it was a thing, but I didn't realize just how common it was in Korea until after I got into Hallyu.

I know that smoking can do a number of things for the celebrities who do it. It can relieve stress, like you said, but I also know that nicotine, like caffeine, is a stimulant - it will help keep you awake when you're feeling tired. So I can definitely see why celebrities with their super-crazy schedules would start. Also, I know that it's still generally considered manly in cultures like Korea to be able to drink and smoke - young guys might start by accompanying their fathers, hyungs and sunbaes, and it goes on from there (I remember reading, for instance, that a number of guys start smoking while doing their enlistment because they'll join their comrades). And, well, if JW can't drink, I'm not surprised that he'd smoke instead :wink: 

Even with more dangerous situation and that can be more scandalous than joo won case. Like yoo chun, He is smoking even though he has asthma. And also psy, He was smoking under no smoking sign. And many more. Even song joong ki, lee min ho, lee jong suk, and ji chang wook is smoking. Many actor is smoking. Fiuhh... thats a lot. I can't mention it one by one here too. There are also idol, person that singing on stage and their voice is their treasure is smoking. Like EXO member and Big bang too. And U-know Yoon ho (joo won and Boa's friend) is also smoking. You can search that on google for more.

But i hope he already stop smoking now. Its not good for his health. And Joo won, as i always said, I will support you! Please take care of your amazing body.

To be honest, by this point, so long as no-one's breaking the law (e.g. smoking in a "No Smoking" area) or doing something super reckless (e.g. smoking with asthma, which by the way...what??? That's just dumb.), I'm not all that fazed about it anymore, and I just generally assume all those male celebrities smoke unless they say otherwise. So, for instance, I know for sure - from the "No Smoking" episode in Season 3 of 1N2D - that Cha Tae Hyun doesn't smoke, but just about everyone else did. Or I'd know that Sung Si Kyung used to smoke, because he'd talked about how he quit. But yeah - if I don't know, better to assume they do than they don't, as I'd have higher chances of guessing right that way :wink: 

That doesn't mean, though, that I still don't think it's a bit weird - and also dangerous. Especially for singers - I feel like K-pop idols or Korean musical theatre actors who smoke are sabotaging their own careers in the long run. But I also know that their lives are their own, and that's their choice to make. But still - I can't help but wonder: if I think JW's voice sounds amazing as it is and he does smoke...how much more awesome could it sound if he didn't?

By the way, here's something that might sound really weird to anyone who's reading in Asia: where I am, in North America, things have been changing in recent years so that smoking marijuana is now becoming more socially acceptable than smoking cigarettes. I don't like it - I think marijuana is dangerous, and it is still, for the most part, illegal - but I really started to notice that by netizens' reactions to TOP's scandal. A lot of North American netizens commented things like, "Why is this such a big deal? It's just pot!" But for me, I still think TOP was wrong, because marijuana is still illegal in Korea and the point is that he broke the law.

He already can do that even in his first debut drama. He get recognition because of his handsome face and also amazing acting skills. If you read the article i post here about baker king cast and staffs comment about joo won. You must be now that even his sunbae is impressed with his skills in drama world even though it was his first time. Even yoon shi yoon is admiring joo won. Proud of him...

Yoon shi yoon said that joo won became so handsome after he cameback to korea (because he was filming his chinese drama in china) and also he said that joo won doesn't have up and down even though they filming all night and really exhausted. Joo won still can give his best and acting like usual. He said it is because joo won is doing musical so he know the basic. 

I remember that moment from "Taxi", and I remember feeling really proud of JW when I saw it. I think what makes him stand out is the ways he challenges himself as an actor. I do sympathize with Yoon Si Yoon, though: having such a highly successful drama so early in your career is scary, and I remember him saying before that that made him hesitate when picking new projects afterwards (he said he would get intimidated by all the pressure he felt to get other dramas to such high ratings). I'm definitely glad to see YSY doing so well now, though; everything worked out for the best for him in the end :) 

But JW had the advantage here, because he'd already been there once: with "Altar Boyz", and getting the main lead for his debut. He talked about it on "Happy Together": that that actually did scare him, so he switched to doing smaller, supporting roles afterwards before gradually building up to "Spring Awakening". So by the time "King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu" came around, I think JW had already conquered his own fear of that sort of sudden success - and so he didn't have the same sort of hesitation in picking projects that he did in his musical theatre days.

Love those heart-shaped collages, by the way - thanks for sharing :heart:

And now for some more pics - this time, all of the charismatic and cool variety :glasses:

Spoiler

• Like 1

I'll come by again later for today's usual round of replies/pics, but I just wanted to pop by quickly to prove that, yes, I have been working on my newest fic, which I hope to have ready sometime next week as a Valentine's Day/Seollal special :) 

So here's the first preview!

Spoiler

As I shrug on my vest and start doing up the buttons, I hear Nae Il knocking on my bedroom door. Without even waiting for a response from me, she calls out from the other side.

“Are you done yet, Orabang? Everything’s set up now!”

Her voice breaks through my concentration, and I have to bite back a more exasperated response before calling back, “Almost – give me one more minute.”

A pause. “You remembered, right? We have to wear the hanbok this time – the real one.”

“Ne, arasseo!” I reply, just as I finally finish up. “We wouldn’t want your halmeoni to throw a fit like last time.”

“It’s ‘halmang’!”

“Oh, right.” I know that Nae Il speaks the Jeju dialect with her family, and she wants me to at least address them properly. But I still sometimes slip up and use the words that I am more familiar with, although she has been very good about correcting me whenever I do.

Today is not the first time Nae Il and I have attempted a video call back home to her family on Jeju-do for a festival. Last fall, there had been Chuseok as well

[...]

Nae Il darts forward then, grabbing onto my hand before pulling me along with her down the hallway into the living room where she has already set up her laptop on the coffee table. She has even thought ahead and moved the table a bit further in front of the couch than usual, taking two of the cushions and placing them down on the floor in the space in between. I do, however, cast a skeptical sideways glance at the bottle and two wineglasses she has placed on the table as well.

“Oh, that…” Nae Il murmurs when she notices where I am looking. “That’s just in case either of our families want to do a toast. But don’t worry; it’s just juice,” she adds with a wink.

That’s good to know. I still rather vaguely remember the way her father had tried to drink me under the table that first evening I met him. He had succeeded, by a long shot – and to this day, Nae Il still won’t tell me what it was I had said or done that night that had made the entire family burst out laughing when I showed up, badly hungover, at the breakfast table the morning after.

Today, of course, I could use the fact that it is still morning here in Salzburg in my own defence. But I do like that Nae Il has plans to work around her father’s more jovial tendencies, and I tell her as much.

• Like 1

Okay...I guess today's another quiet one.

So here I am with the pics I want to share for today. They're a bunch of behind-the-scenes photos from a bunch of different productions that I'm just deciding to share all in one go.

Enjoy!

Spoiler

"King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu"

I love that he's with mini-Tak Gu here :) 

"Gaksital"

"Nae Il's Cantabile"

Filming the swimming pool scene

Fooling around in Salzburg - I remember watching JW do the jumps on "Life Log", but here are the end results

"Yong Pal"

What's he doing with everybody's shoes?

JW's post-filming farewell message to Kim Tae Hyun:

• Like 1

On 2/5/2018 at 2:22 AM, kittyna said:

Yeah...have I had a dream like that before? :huh: I don't know - but I definitely wish that I got something like that than what I actually did <_< Nightmares aren't fun - and nightmares that stay with you are even less fun.

Its okay... we can't control and choose what we want to dream when we sleep. :wink: i was lucky when i had that dream. I have opportunity to feel and imagine the situation when i meet him someday. 

He will look like a kid that wears big jackets to fight cold temperatures in winter" - Um...that's because he is one! lol

Hahaha... yeah- he is the kid we talk about. Kid that sulking when he didn't get dinner or kid that upset when he has to sleep outside and kid that do his best for his hyung. Love that kid! 

Yeah...I like the "healthy big" more than the "really big", just as a general preference. :wink:

And i'm waiting for that "healthy big" body of him. Hahaha.. i just can't help to look at his arm whenever he wears t-shirt. Just because i want to know how big his arm is? Or how big his arm can be?

Oh, don't worry about me - I've gotten used to that by now. :) I just needed to learn that the culture is different between Canada and a lot of Asian countries, and then it made sense. Actually, in the city where I live, there are a lot of immigrants from Asia - and a lot of the Chinese ahjussis smoke. So I knew it was a thing, but I didn't realize just how common it was in Korea until after I got into Hallyu.

I was shocked when i knew that kim soo hyun and song joong ki is smoking. Because if you don't know, he said he can smoke nearly half a pack of cigarettes on a daily basis. Hmm.. and for song joong ki, with that baby face i can't imagine he smoke. You can search it in google for photo. 

And this is the link for you guys who don't know:

https://onehallyu.com/topic/423013-celebrities-who-smoke-that-may-surprise-you/

And, well, if JW can't drink, I'm not surprised that he'd smoke instead :wink: 

I think joo won is not a regular smoker. (I mean he smoke when he needs it. Like when he feels cold in winter or when he feels tired).

if I think JW's voice sounds amazing as it is and he does smoke...how much more awesome could it sound if he didn't?

Whooo!! His voice might be amazing as his senior in musical world. If he smoke and his voice still that amazing, what if he didn't smoke? I have goosebumps when i hear his singing voice.

By the way, here's something that might sound really weird to anyone who's reading in Asia: where I am, in North America, things have been changing in recent years so that smoking marijuana is now becoming more socially acceptable than smoking cigarettes. I don't like it - I think marijuana is dangerous, and it is still, for the most part, illegal - but I really started to notice that by netizens' reactions to TOP's scandal. A lot of North American netizens commented things like, "Why is this such a big deal? It's just pot!" But for me, I still think TOP was wrong, because marijuana is still illegal in Korea and the point is that he broke the law.

Now, i know. I was so confused when i watch youtube and the people just talking about marijuana so easily. Here in asia, or likely in my country, marijuana is kinda taboo. You can't even touch it. In other people eyes, you are a criminal if you had that things. And i know what people thinks about TOP scandal because in their mind marijuana is more dangerous and more scandalous than smoke cigarettes.

remember that moment from "Taxi", and I remember feeling really proud of JW when I saw it. I think what makes him stand out is the ways he challenges himself as an actor.

Yeah... i feel proud of him. Even his hyung or more like his sunbae in entertainment world is amazed by his talent, personality, and also his endurance. 

But JW had the advantage here, because he'd already been there once: with "Altar Boyz", and getting the main lead for his debut. He talked about it on "Happy Together": that that actually did scare him, so he switched to doing smaller, supporting roles afterwards before gradually building up to "Spring Awakening". So by the time "King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu" came around, I think JW had already conquered his own fear of that sort of sudden success - and so he didn't have the same sort of hesitation in picking projects that he did in his musical theatre days.

He has the experience. He knew what he has to do after that. Some new actor might want to star in teen drama to attract female audience but joo won is different. He picked family drama and because of that he has a lot of ahjummas fans than younger fans. He also make his image and popularity in korea because of that drama. His image before staring in ojakgyo brothers is cruel and evil (because his character in baker king is an antagonist, people see him like his character. I remember joo won said he wqs upset because people see him as a bad person because of his drama character. People hit him on the back whenever he walk on the street and tell him "don't be bad to tak gu" and also there are fans giving ice cream to yoon shi yoon but not giving it to joo won too. He was sad.. just like a kid. So cute...) and after he star in ojakgyo brothers, his image is changing from an evil guy to an adorable and cute flower boy. 

6 hours ago, kittyna said:

I'll come by again later for today's usual round of replies/pics, but I just wanted to pop by quickly to prove that, yes, I have been working on my newest fic, which I hope to have ready sometime next week as a Valentine's Day/Seollal special :) 

Great!!! I'm waiting for this fanfic. Because i knew there will be some cute little romance in it. And also some awkward situation. Hahaha...

Now for the pics!!!

Such a nice fanart! Joo won the soldier theme. So cute!!!

Joo won supporters wants to make another forest on joo won's name. You can contact this address if you want to help or participate.

Miss him very much...

Who is this cute lil guy?

Dreamy... 

And for the highlights. Gakshion!!! (Combination of gakshital and park shi on -> cute funny stories.

http://m.dcinside.com/view.php?id=joowon&no=318381&page=1

• Like 1

Its okay... we can't control and choose what we want to dream when we sleep. :wink: i was lucky when i had that dream. I have opportunity to feel and imagine the situation when i meet him someday. 

In moments when I'm awake, I have wondered or imagined what it would be like to run into JW in person on some future trip to Korea. I'm not really sure how I'd behave then, to be honest.

Right now, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that we can see him do some sort of Olympics promo. I've seen the ad that Ji Chang Wook did (which was, by the way, so cute!), and I also know that a number of other celebrities are performing at military-hosted events at the same time (Taecyeon, Beenzino, and Im Si Wan). So, I know that chances of JW making an appearance are slim by now, if he hasn't been mentioned yet. But...yeah, sometimes I still wonder, you know? What if, right? Just...what if? Wouldn't that be awesome? 

(I may end up embarrassing myself with my fangirling if he did make an appearance during the Olympics, but I don't mind. I'm already the JW fan of my family as it is, so it's nothing that people wouldn't already be expecting from me :tongue:)

I think joo won is not a regular smoker. (I mean he smoke when he needs it. Like when he feels cold in winter or when he feels tired).

Yeah, same here. Because here's the thing about the celebrity lifestyle: it might make smoking appealing, but it certainly won't leave you much time to do it :wink: So when I imagine a celebrity smoking, I'm thinking the occasional cigarette here or there, but not, say, chain smoking (i.e. where you are so addicted you just have to have it or you can't function) or taking a lot of time out of the day for smoke breaks.

Once I got used to that idea, a mental image came to my mind of JW possibly smoking with his hyungs on a drama or film set or on 1N2D - and somehow, thinking about it that way (i.e. as hyung-dongsaeng bonding time) made me not mind it as much.

Of course, even occasional smoking combined with all the coffee JW drinks means that he might be rather unhealthily addicted to stimulants in general by this point (caffeine and nicotine, in this case). But if there's anything I would blame for that, it's the industry.

Now, i know. I was so confused when i watch youtube and the people just talking about marijuana so easily. Here in asia, or likely in my country, marijuana is kinda taboo. You can't even touch it. In other people eyes, you are a criminal if you had that things. And i know what people thinks about TOP scandal because in their mind marijuana is more dangerous and more scandalous than smoke cigarettes.

Quick disclaimer in case I wasn't clear enough the first time: I personally think smoking marijuana is wrong, so I think TOP made a huge mistake there.

But regardless of my own opinion on marijuana in general, I think that people who are using their own more lenient opinions on it to defend TOP are missing the point. The point here is not whether smoking marijuana is right or wrong; the point is that it's wrong in Korea, and that, as a celebrity, he's still a public figure who should have known better than to break the law.

North America is dealing with its own massive drug-related problems right now, though, that make any marijuana-related scandal look like child's play. For a while, it seemed like every day there was news here in Canada and the United States about people being found dead in the streets from some sort of overdose or another - not celebrities, just ordinary people who got addicted to what looks to have been opium-based pain medication. It was really scary, because those are many, many lives unnecessarily being lost.

He has the experience. He knew what he has to do after that. Some new actor might want to star in teen drama to attract female audience but joo won is different. He picked family drama and because of that he has a lot of ahjummas fans than younger fans. He also make his image and popularity in korea because of that drama. His image before staring in ojakgyo brothers is cruel and evil (because his character in baker king is an antagonist, people see him like his character. I remember joo won said he wqs upset because people see him as a bad person because of his drama character. People hit him on the back whenever he walk on the street and tell him "don't be bad to tak gu" and also there are fans giving ice cream to yoon shi yoon but not giving it to joo won too. He was sad.. just like a kid. So cute...) and after he star in ojakgyo brothers, his image is changing from an evil guy to an adorable and cute flower boy. 

I think that doing "Ojakgyo Brothers" was a very smart choice for JW. First of all, doing a family drama means that you can accumulate a ton of acting experience from one drama - it is, after all, a 50+ episode commitment. So, in the process, the actors really come to know and become their characters, and that leads to a lot of great practice for actors. For the most part, I have not yet been disappointed by young actors who take on those long weekend dramas, because even if they were a bit shaky to start with, they do end up improving a lot as the show progresses.

As for JW, I think it's cool that he did a lot of other projects before attempting a flower boy or teen style drama - honestly, I think his first of that genre was "Nae Il's Cantabile", although "Level 7 Civil Servant" did come close to fitting that mold as well. And, well, you already know that I think he completely nailed his portrayal of Cha Yoo Jin, so no complaints there :) Even though it wasn't all that strong ratings-wise, I could see how viewers trusted him as an actor, because they already knew what JW was capable of, and they knew that however the rest of the drama turned out...he would definitely deliver, because he's already proven himself with "harder" roles.

I want to see him ten, twenty years from now as some sort of veteran actor, to be honest. Even if he's not playing the lead anymore, I'm sure he'll be really rewarding to watch.

Great!!! I'm waiting for this fanfic. Because i knew there will be some cute little romance in it. And also some awkward situation. Hahaha...

Tell me about it on the awkward stuff! :tongue: What can I say? Yoo Jin's point of view is one of my favourites to write...but he's also my favourite character to mess with and just generally give a hard time to :wink: 

Such a nice fanart! Joo won the soldier theme. So cute!!!

Aw...that is so ADORABLE!!! It's Chibi Soldier JW :heart:

By the way, going off on a tangent for a second....

Spoiler

I'm currently watching "Goddess of Fire, Jung Yi" (in Cantonese dub with my family) and one of the young actors reminded me so much of a younger JW. The main/adult version of the character is played by Kim Bum, but the young/teenage version is the one I'm referring to. His name is Park Gun Tae, and...seriously. Take a look at this kid:

128.png

goddessoffirejungyi_e02-7.jpeg

abaf4836a47aaa5be26d53275b67f8f8--the-go

He was 16/17 years old at the time of filming, so you can easily compare that photo with JW's high school or musical theatre pictures. And seriously...what???

65988c0507fd0a272f55aa6905ae1aef.jpg

Yeah...I'll stop now in case I'm the only one who's seeing it and am just embarrassing myself by this point :tongue: But still - just thought I'd share, in case it's not just me after all. :wink: 

And now for some proper JW pics!

Spoiler

From Macau for GGIO2...

I love this bright yellow coat on him!

Different season, different look...same colours :wink: 

• Like 1

In moments when I'm awake, I have wondered or imagined what it would be like to run into JW in person on some future trip to Korea. I'm not really sure how I'd behave then, to be honest

If i meet him in person, i might be freezing and stare him like a lifeless person. Can't believe my own eyes. Or i might be screaming with joy like a little girl that get what she wants. 

I want to touch him. His hands or whatever. As long as i can feel that i really meet him and its not a dream. Or maybe just take a couple photos. I have many imagination of what will i do if oneday i meet him.

Right now, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that we can see him do some sort of Olympics promo. I've seen the ad that Ji Chang Wook did (which was, by the way, so cute!), and I also know that a number of other celebrities are performing at military-hosted events at the same time (Taecyeon, Beenzino, and Im Si Wan). So, I know that chances of JW making an appearance are slim by now, if he hasn't been mentioned yet. But...yeah, sometimes I still wonder, you know? What if, right? Just...what if? Wouldn't that be awesome? 

Hmmm... actually joo won has some event but we didn't know it because its just for people inside the camp and their acquaintance. I knew it after i see some photos and post on instagram. This is one photo i see on instagram. this photo, we can see that they had an event going on there. And look at that tall handsome instructure in the center of the photo. His pose is really like a manly man pose. And his uniform tho. Looks legit! I love his full uniform. He looks dashing in that outfit.

Yeah, same here. Because here's the thing about the celebrity lifestyle: it might make smoking appealing, but it certainly won't leave you much time to do it :wink: So when I imagine a celebrity smoking, I'm thinking the occasional cigarette here or there, but not, say, chain smoking (i.e. where you are so addicted you just have to have it or you can't function) or taking a lot of time out of the day for smoke breaks.

Yeah... when you think about it, actually they don't have that much time just for smoking. They have a looooot of schedule to finish. Especially joo won. As you know that joo won is the most busy actor and he is known for his endless work. I remember his fans said that he work like a cow (it means he works really hard). So it is rare to have spare time. And joo won might be using that time to sleep or resting and eat as much as he wants after his schedule.m and as i said, he might be just smoking when he needs it. Not regularly or not like chain smoker.

Of course, even occasional smoking combined with all the coffee JW drinks means that he might be rather unhealthily addicted to stimulants in general by this point (caffeine and nicotine, in this case). But if there's anything I would blame for that, it's the industry.

Hahhh.... sometimes I pity him for having a very busy schedule and also a pretty tiring life. As you know, celebrities are required to always be perfect. and it must be really burdensome on their hearts ( the celebrities) so they chose to expel it to make them calm like drink alcohol or smoking.

I could see how viewers trusted him as an actor, because they already knew what JW was capable of, and they knew that however the rest of the drama turned out...he would definitely deliver, because he's already proven himself with "harder" roles.

Indeed! He never failed to play his character perfectly. And i remember that joo won is the most anticipated actor after his comeback from military. The audience know that joo won will amazed them again after he comeback. He is the true actor with great acting skills.

want to see him ten, twenty years from now as some sort of veteran actor, to be honest. Even if he's not playing the lead anymore, I'm sure he'll be really rewarding to watch.

I want to see him like ji sung or jang dong gun or maybe jang hyuk. They are very versatile actor in their age and generation. Still act with passion and receive many achievements. Everyone is knowledge them because of their acting and also they are sunbae in drama world now. 

Tell me about it on the awkward stuff! :tongue: What can I say? Yoo Jin's point of view is one of my favourites to write...but he's also my favourite character to mess with and just generally give a hard time to :wink: 

Oh come on... you make me more curious. And the awkward moment i mean is when naeil attaches to yoo jin like a glue and yoo jin has kinda war in his head because he is like wants it but in the other side he also does not want it. (My head is kinda strange now.. fiuhh)

I'm currently watching "Goddess of Fire, Jung Yi" (in Cantonese dub with my family) and one of the young actors reminded me so much of a younger JW. The main/adult version of the character is played by Kim Bum, but the young/teenage version is the one I'm referring to. His name is Park Gun Tae, and...seriously. Take a look at this kid:

OH MY GOODNESS! Its like i'm watching teenage joo won acting in front of me. With that high cheekbones and kinda similiar eyes, he really looks like joo won in his teenage. What if joo won see this kid? Or if joo won and this kid is playing drama together with kang dong won. Play as a twin! That drama will be a hit! Or maybe a movie? Owww... imagining that makes me happy. And i still waiting for joo won and kang dong won make their appearance in one frame or drama.

And now pics!

That tender muscles...

Back in time.

what is this! Lucky fans!!!.

His eyes is so attractive. Rich of expression without much movement of body.

joo won looks really manly and powerful in that hairstyle and also that outfit. I like that it suits him.

If i meet him in person, i might be freezing and stare him like a lifeless person. Can't believe my own eyes. Or i might be screaming with joy like a little girl that get what she wants. 

I think I'd just be stunned - I doubt I'd scream at first...I might after the fact, though :tongue: 

This is one photo i see on instagram. this photo, we can see that they had an event going on there. And look at that tall handsome instructure in the center of the photo. His pose is really like a manly man pose. And his uniform tho. Looks legit! I love his full uniform. He looks dashing in that outfit.

Oh, wow...why does he look like an action figure? Or is it just me?

Indeed! He never failed to play his character perfectly. And i remember that joo won is the most anticipated actor after his comeback from military. The audience know that joo won will amazed them again after he comeback. He is the true actor with great acting skills.

I think that JW has this ability to take what could be a very one-dimensional character and make him three-dimensional. So, while some characters are actually written to be really complex to begin with (e.g. Gu Ma Jun or Lee Kang To), JW can also take characters that might have been a bit flat to begin with (e.g. Han Gil Ro or Lee Ho Tae in "Catch Me"), and make them feel real and human. It takes a really good combination between talent and effort for that to happen, but I have yet to be disappointed on that front.

I want to see him like ji sung or jang dong gun or maybe jang hyuk. They are very versatile actor in their age and generation. Still act with passion and receive many achievements. Everyone is knowledge them because of their acting and also they are sunbae in drama world now. 

I don't know if there's a particular actor I want to see JW turn out to be like - I guess I just want to see him go on his own path and just watch what happens. lol

But I agree with you that I really want to see JW staying a very versatile actor - I don't want to see him being typecasted into a particular role, but would instead like to see him having the freedom to take on whatever role he wants.

OH MY GOODNESS! Its like i'm watching teenage joo won acting in front of me. With that high cheekbones and kinda similiar eyes, he really looks like joo won in his teenage. What if joo won see this kid? Or if joo won and this kid is playing drama together with kang dong won. Play as a twin! That drama will be a hit! Or maybe a movie? Owww... imagining that makes me happy. And i still waiting for joo won and kang dong won make their appearance in one frame or drama.

lol - So it's not just me? Okay, at least I can say I'm sane now :tongue: 

I, too, want to see JW working with Kang Dong Won at one point - it'll likely be a film, since that's mostly what KDW does, and that's totally fine by me. 

And now for pics!

Spoiler

This moment's so cute! It's from JW's March 2017 fan meeting in Hong Kong

He looks really cool here - not in the really tough/manly way, but in the effortless and casual sort of way

JW for Mountia

Loving this shot from "Yong Pal"

Not much I want to say to these last few pics - I just feel like sharing them, just because I like them