Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

bi1f16tcuaioyt5jpglarge.jpg
OMG,I have to prepare a nice dress right now.
Wait! I need one person to be my pumpkin coach. @stearly could you?
What about my coachman? @coolreborn or @mrdimples, will you?
Who want to be my six white horses: @ctfrsgp,@simplydramafield1082,@mikhaella75,@valinor500,@crazyoverkdrama,@moonandhearts,@mydeed,@padme,@daydreamsincedecember...
Prince Joowon, I'm running to you, Please wait for me!!!
:))

P/s: sorry guys, I dont have other intention, just for fun. I really love all of you.

goldlotus said:
Who want to be my six white horses: @ctfrsgp,@simplydramafield1082,@mikhaella75,@valinor500,@crazyoverkdrama,@moonandhearts,@mydeed,@padme,@daydreamsincedecember...

P/s: sorry guys, I dont have other intention, just for fun. I really love all of you.

Guest mydeed

@mydeed: I just want to compliment your

signature, it’s so creative and simply great. Love it! :-)

I should come up with some signature too… :-)

TQ. Yeah, I've decided to finally get one... Just for our special MOON.. star.. universe.. galaxy.. Joo Wonie. Awww.

goldlotus said:

Ah, I knew that some my friends

would get too excited after reading “undress” on the card.

Don’t forget to come back until 12 o’clock

dear @goldlotus! :-)

:-)

Awwww, @goldlotus... As much as i want to be your horse, this penguin will turn into his princess at 12 midnight.... Unless of course, it's ok for you to walk back home, since all of us are staying after midnight....

Guest jwf156

Hi guys, I am newcomer and Won 's fan.

Hope to have wonderful time in this forum with joys  and smiles.

Have a nice day!  

Just chanced upon this blog - Ripgal Wordpress - and came upon this interesting post when Joowonie was acting as Ma Jun in Baker King Kim Tak Gu. Dated 31st July 2010!
Cr: Ripgal's Haven of Insanity; check out the line I have highlighted at the bottom of the article - we know how much Joo Won is very much his own actor now - HURRAY!!!!!!!!
class="entry-title" style="border: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; clear: both; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, 'Nimbus Sans L', sans-serif; line-height: 1.3em; font-size: 21px;"Joo Won for “STYLE H” Aug ’10Posted on July 31, 2010by ripgal

jw.jpg?w=640

You may wonder… who is Joo Won?

And why is Kang Dong Won up there instead? o_O

jw2.jpg?w=640

Still confused?

Maybe this will enlighten you a bit more…

jwkdw.jpg?w=640

Nope, it’s not Kang Dong Won up there… but r00kie actor Joo Won, who  plays Ma Jun, the rival of Yoon Shi Yoon’s character Tak Goo in the recent hit drama, Baker King Kim Tak Gu.

He looks a whole lot like Kang Dong Won, doesn’t he? =O I was like WOAH when he first came out in the drama! First I thought Yoon Shi Yoon looked a lot like Lee Jun Ki, then now we have a Kang Dong Won look alike to pitch’em against each other? To think that I once thought that Lee Jun Ki and Kang Dong Won looked alike back in the days (more so because of their feminine features)…hehe..:P

Joo Won is seen featured in the August 2010 issue of STYLE H magazine here. Contrary to his sort-of evil/antagonist character Ma Jun in Baker King, Kim Tak Gu, here he displays more of his boyish and youthful charms. He is also voted by “HOMME*HANDSOME” of STYLE H as the most anticipated new actor of the year.

When interviewed during the shoot of the photo spread, Joo Won said, “The actors I’m working with recently (Baker King Kim Tak Gu) have been displaying really solid and passionate acting in their roles. I learned a lot from them.” ” I also want to be like them…to emulate them in being able to find joy and a sense of fulfillment in acting.”  “I have been researching and thinking a lot lately on how to portray and bring out the complexity of my character… I’m working very hard on it.”

Joo Won plays the evil but pitiful Ma Jun in Baker King Kim Tak Gu, who struggles and goes all out to gain his father’s recognition as well as the love of  the woman he loves Yoo Kyung (Eugene). Pitted against the protagonist, Kim Tak Gu, he is always seen in a more unfavourable and negative light. However, viewers have been impressed with the actor’s portrayal of his character and are looking forward to see how far he will go with his driven desire to topple and surpass his rival Tak Gu.

Albeit this being Joo Won’s debut on screen project, he hasn’t shown any signs of being a rookie and has been able to portray the complexity and intensity of Ma Jun excellently. Viewers have been mounting praises and compliments for his eye-acting abilities… for they can express both intensity and calmness without much words said.  Having come from a musical theatrical background (with plays such as Alta Boys, Grease, Spring Awakening..etc), this 185-cm tall actor is waiting for his big break in a more visible popularplay, and is on his way to melt the hearts of us ladies out there.

News source: TV daily Kr

Chinese Translations: lovekoreastar

====

I personally don’t see the “IT” factor in Joo Won yet… but I do admit that he has potential. Not only does he look like Kang Dong Won, the way he emotes thru his eyes kind of resembles the way Kang Don Won acts with his eyes too. The intensity in the gazes, it’s definitely there.  I hope with a few more projects, he’ll be able to find his niche and acting style.. and then we’ll go, that’s Joo Won. Not the Kang Dong Won look-alike anymore.. ^^

;;)   L-)

• Like 1

ellasam81 said:

i went into paeksang web but cant read korean so i dont know how to go in to vote

please advise

Hey @ellasam81, I don't think you can vote online since the votes you contribute will have a certain fee attached with it, that is $1 or 50 cents per vote. The money will be deducted from the telecom service provider of the country you would be residing in; hence they introduced the Paeksang Awards application for Android phones. I too don't have an android phone. I am thinking of borrowing from a good friend of mine his phone and doing the procedure as per the posts from @keaiduo and @ctfrsgp. Hope this was helpful!

Im not sure if there will be additional costs since international fans like us will have to dial in from our respective countries. So before anyone here proceed with the voting, better check.