Joo Won 주원 [Drama- The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

Looks like he was online just now... I was really surprised to see this on my feed lol.

DGr3CA0V0AAjf7j.jpg

So according to DC, there will be another military festival in October 'Gyeryong Festival.' It is still unsure if Joo Won will attend though. But I feel like it's unlikely that he will attend the festival since Gyeryong is 8-9 hours away from Cheorwon. 

I mean, if the army wants him to be there, he will definitely have to be there. But I doubt they will make him travel 8-9 hours. 

• Like 3

@lavender2love 

I think that the person in an orange jacket is Park Geonil, he is a singer from Supernova (I hope our girls will correct me if I'm wrong). Looks like they got along well and he is telling something nice to Joo Won here :)

ae09aafd7eb2.jpg

f7511bff16d5.jpg

credit: kumiing; majaek_526

Did we already post these pics from Mind Bridge 2017 Fall Collection? So handsome.

http://m.tbhshop.co.kr/content/content.php?cont=campaign_detail&no=100&c_mode=1&cate=1030#

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, stearly said:

Did we already post these pics from Mind Bridge 2017 Fall Collection? So handsome.

I'd posted the behind the scenes video recently, but not the final photos. Thanks for sharing - they look great!

JW looks awesome as usual, and I really like some of the pieces the female model is wearing (can't recall her name off the top of my head - sorry!)

56 minutes ago, airplanegirl said:

Looks like he was online just now... I was really surprised to see this on my feed lol.

DGr3CA0V0AAjf7j.jpg

27 minutes ago, stearly said:

I think that the person in an orange jacket is Park Geonil, he is a singer from Supernova (I hope our girls will correct me if I'm wrong). Looks like they got along well and he is telling something nice to Joo Won here :)

Looks like someone is quick to make new friends :) And you two are quick to pick up on it.

4 hours ago, lavender2love said:

Some lucky fan has managed to get his autograph........!!  His signature is certainly " artistic "

I've always loved how his autograph looked. I'm never 100% sure what the larger character is, although I could make out "주원" (Joo Won) next to it.

I'm also loving that the fan got him to autograph their phone case; that's a great way to always have it around - and let everyone else know that you're a fan.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, kittyna said:

That...is a BRILLIANT observation!

And I have to say that Lai_zu is also brilliant for using a military shorthand to count down to the date of JW's discharge.

From Today I Found Out's article on "What Does the "D" in "D-Day" Stand For?" - http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2015/01/v-v-day-victory-right-d-d-day-stand/

"D-day referred to the “day” on which a combat attack would occur with H-hour likewise referring to the “hour” when an attack is scheduled to happen. Thus, the “D” is just a placeholder or variable for the actual date, and probably originally was meant to stand for “date” or “day” (if anything), if the associated “H-hour” is any indication.

"[...]

"As for handling the pre-D-day preparations and the plan for after, adding a plus or minus sign and a number after the “D” was used. For example, D-1 would indicate the day before the operation occurring while D+3 would mean three days after the operation." (emphasis mine)

So not only is Lai_zu a super-loyal fan by doing a 21-month-long countdown to JW's discharge, but she is honouring JW's military service by doing it in a way that would be familiar to the military itself.

@kittyna you are pretty brilliant yourself with your D-Day explanation. Interesting D-1 ... the day BEFORE . D + 3 ... 3 days after. Yes you're right she is so creative. And she takes the trouble to select cute pictures, some of which she does art like the one below. So, Lai_zu .... kudos. Ooooppssss .... this has no date.... Probably she lovingly just want to make him cutesy. I'll find another one.

20393876_122144891741085_825885036360866

NICE ? D-568. Kittyna...... thanks . At least there is a meaning attached to each picture.

20225859_259020244584595_814767924543540

19 hours ago, Ma OO said:

@lavender2love In my country,guys have to go to army too for 2 years.Most of my male friends have done it.Although everything is different from Korean army,the ranking of the soldiers is the similar.

Also,I was a fan of Korean variety show "Real Men" which celebrities experience the lives in army.From there,I realised that most of the leaders and instructors wear green bars on their shoulders and lead the way.(Plus tons of shouting) 

@Ma OO.... thanks . I think you are sharp too to notice the green bars and what they stood for. Wow JW must be very smart to get a green bar just after D- 569

20225266_297787070630632_916016038322949D

@stearly  " @lavender2love I think that the person in an orange jacket is Park Geonil, he is a singer from Supernova (I hope our girls will correct me if I'm wrong). Looks like they got along well and he is telling something nice to Joo Won here :) "

@stearly

Thanks for the information. I hope the orange jacket is a costume otherwise he'll be a sitting duck for the enemies.

You can create gifs ?

EDIT : Did you all get an " ERROR " notice almost an hour ago on  Soompi forum page ? Couldn't log in.

Edit 2 : Mase so many mistakes because of notice and the mistakes are quoted.... arrgghh .

• Like 3

6 hours ago, airplanegirl said:

DGr3CA0V0AAjf7j.jpg

So according to DC, there will be another military festival in October 'Gyeryong Festival.' It is still unsure if Joo Won will attend though. But I feel like it's unlikely that he will attend the festival since Gyeryong is 8-9 hours away from Cheorwon. 

I mean, if the army wants him to be there, he will definitely have to be there. But I doubt they will make him travel 8-9 hours. 

Uhhmmnn........... !! They do have military helicopters right? How about whizzing him there !

@kittyna  "I've always loved how his autograph looked. I'm never 100% sure what the larger character is, although I could make out "주원" (Joo Won) next to it.

I'm also loving that the fan got him to autograph their phone case; that's a great way to always have it around - and let everyone else know that you're a fan."

@kittyna You're a very observant person . I had a second look at the phone case because you pointed it out. Yes just flash it around and always hold it in such a way thet his auto is always visibly whenever it's held to the ear. haha

D-557 for you.

20633741_718924524976291_917867298076544

credit Lai_zu

• Like 3

3 hours ago, stearly said:

Let's then post it here, we must have such a beauty in our thread too. :)

Thanks for adding the photos here :) The more I look at them, the more I think that JW, in more recent years, has chosen clothing companies that really match different aspects of his personality:

Edwin - his younger, more playful side, as seen while being the maknae on 1N2D (which is also why it's past now)

Mountia - his love for the outdoors and for sports as his chosen leisure activities (i.e. more wholesome than someone who likes to party)

GGIO2 - his now older, more mature and confident self

Mindbridge - his boy-next-door side

Maybe I'm reading too much into this and the endorsements were decided more by his agency, but I'm still liking my own hypothesis :tongue:

3 hours ago, lavender2love said:

And she takes the trouble to select cute pictures, some she does art likt the one below. So, Lai_zu .... kudos. Ooooppssss .... this has no date.... Probably she lovingly just want to make her cutesy.

lol - Joo Won Kitty Cat - or is it Teddy Bear? Anyway, regardless, I love that! :wub: Thanks for sharing :)

1 hour ago, lavender2love said:

I had a second look at the phone case because you pointed it out. Yes just flash it around and always hold it in such a way thet his auto is always visibly whenever it's held to the ear. haha

Hey, they have merchandise for just about every fandom under the sun, so why not? And since official merchandise is rather scarce as far as JW is concerned - I didn't even notice stickers while I was in Seoul...STICKERS! - you might as well make your own.

Also, thanks for the D-557 update. By the way, maybe it's just me, but I prefer him in this hat than the beret for some reason.

• Like 5

@lavender2love thx am actually an old fan but just new to this thread :) thx u guys for sharing all the latest pix of our JW ssi, he's so sweet always willing to accommodate fans, that's a role model for celebs! been absent here for just a few days & wow more pages to browse, got busy re-watching his Baker King Kim Tak gu drama & looking at him as Man ju it seems he hasn't aged at all, he's forever young! what a gr8 guy he is! really miss him and hopefully he'll be back w/another blockbuster drama for us!

TTYL you guys!

• Like 3

@kittyna " lol - Joo Won Kitty Cat - or is it Teddy Bear? Anyway, regardless, I love that! :wub: Thanks for sharing :) "

Yasssssssss...... Joo Won Kitty Cat !! That is so apt for you.

Spoiler

DGdrbuMUIAAHek5.jpg 

@hibiscus23 @lavender2love thx am actually an old fan but just new to this thread :) thx u guys for sharing all the latest pix of our JW ssi, he's so sweet always willing to accommodate fans, that's a role model for celebs! been absent here for just a few days & wow more pages to browse, got busy re-watching his Baker King Kim Tak gu drama & looking at him as Man ju it seems he hasn't aged at all, he's forever young! what a gr8 guy he is! really miss him and hopefully he'll be back w/another blockbuster drama for us!

@hibiscus23 .. no matter you're new to this thread. It's nice to have you here sharing your views. But where were you hanging out before ?

He seems ageless as you say.

DGtSSDCUMAA04ZS.jpg

Returning to camp. As someone noted.... he's got a strong backview, tall and broad shoudered.

DGxEwS2WsAAGVWq.jpg

• Like 3

18 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

got busy re-watching his Baker King Kim Tak gu drama & looking at him as Man ju it seems he hasn't aged at all, he's forever young! what a gr8 guy he is! really miss him and hopefully he'll be back w/another blockbuster drama for us!

Seeing this comment reminds me of this video that I once saw on YouTube:

The YouTube channel here isn't one I watch often, since I tend to get my K-entertainment news and gossip elsewhere. However, their Evolution series is pretty interesting, and I usually watch all the ones that feature celebrities I like.

And I also want to share this, from Joo Won Thailand Fanclub, because it brings a smile to my face every time. I've seen these done for a number of different Korean celebrities, and overall, I like to call such collages "Real Life Emojis":

• Like 4

9 hours ago, stearly said:

@lavender2love

Yes, I can, I made many gifs when Cutie was a part of 1N2D but it was a long time ago. :)

@stearly.... I love gifs. Do make some. Thanks.

@kittyna... thanks for that interesting video. Heh.... it starts with Yong Pal.

I love fan made clips.... they are full of hearts.

More of his talent.

• Like 3

@lavender2love hello again, LOL that's a good question,  i was perhaps with other k actor/s whom i admired since i joined in 2012 and since then spazzing in kdramas and yapping about it etc. Like i said when i saw JW first time in Baker King i was not a fan but instead paid more attn to Yoon Shi Yoon :)  it was no till I saw him again in Ojakyo Brothers that I came to like him; I guess we fall for their character sometimes then the actor himself/themselves that’s how I feel and that’s always the case for me hahaha dunno about you/others here! As my sister tells me she thinks that whenever I see or like a new face in a drama, I tend to really admire and follow them sometime , not always though! ! For example, I was watching Father, I’ll Take Care of You and seeing a new face like Lee tae hwan in that drama made me like him too & after that I had to look for his previous projects. Anyway, so glad to be welcomed in JW thread and how this thread has been growing as the days go by!!

I really think he hasn’t aged, he’s looking the same! forever young??? yes we'll be waiting for him!

• Like 2

Since we've been on a Mindbridge 2017 F/W spree lately, I should share this with you all. I was browsing on YouTube just a moment ago, and saw that their official collection video has just been posted (i.e. not the preview interview I'd shared earlier, but the pretty stuff)

Also, while I usually don't follow the whole Throwback Thursday trend, that doesn't mean I'm not open to showing something old in the spirit of things. As I'm writing this, it's not quite Thursday yet for me, but I know that it should already be that for many of you because of our time zone differences. So, here's one of my personal favourite out of JW's really old video clips:

Yep, it's JW as a teenage kids' show host. :D I think it's interesting that his appearance on this show, "Frees", actually predates his stage name - he's going by Jun Won here.

In case it's hard to make out due to dark/blurry video: JW's the first soloist in white (the other four are his co-hosts, but I sadly don't know their names), on the bottom left in the group shot, and the one who has the dance-off with the kid towards the end. Personally, I like his dancing here, and I can see how it would have translated well into musical theatre.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, kittyna said:

Also, while I usually don't follow the whole Throwback Thursday trend, that doesn't mean I'm not open to showing something old in the spirit of things. As I'm writing this, it's not quite Thursday yet for me, but I know that it should already be that for many of you because of our time zone differences. So, here's one of my personal favourite out of JW's really old video clips:

Yep, it's JW as a teenage kids' show host. :D I think it's interesting that his appearance on this show, "Frees", actually predates his stage name - he's going by Jun Won here.

In case it's hard to make out due to dark/blurry video: JW's the first soloist in white (the other four are his co-hosts, but I sadly don't know their names), on the bottom left in the group shot, and the one who has the dance-off with the kid towards the end. Personally, I like his dancing here, and I can see how it would have translated well into musical theatre.

Interestingly enough, one of his co-star from 'Frees' used to work for Section Tv. I'm not exactly sure if he still works there, since they recently changed their panelists. I've always wondered why they never arranged a reunion for the 2?

The other co-host said that she actually interviewed them way back when they first debuted, but doesn't remember him lol. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

@lavender2love hello again, LOL that's a good question,  i was perhaps with other k actor/s whom i admired since i joined in 2012 and since then spazzing in kdramas and yapping about it etc. Like i said when i saw JW first time in Baker King i was not a fan but instead paid more attn to Yoon Shi Yoon :)  it was no till I saw him again in Ojakyo Brothers that I came to like him; I guess we fall for their character sometimes then the actor himself/themselves that’s how I feel and that’s always the case for me hahaha dunno about you/others here! As my sister tells me she thinks that whenever I see or like a new face in a drama, I tend to really admire and follow them sometime , not always though! ! For example, I was watching Father, I’ll Take Care of You and seeing a new face like Lee tae hwan in that drama made me like him too & after that I had to look for his previous projects. Anyway, so glad to be welcomed in JW thread and how this thread has been growing as the days go by!!

I really think he hasn’t aged, he’s looking the same! forever young??? yes we'll be waiting for him!

@hibiscus23... thank you for sharing your journey in kdramaland and how Joo Won in Ojakyo Brothers impacted you. No wonder you were on a marathon looking up his previous dramas. My first interest in Kdrama was Kim Tae Hee. I've never seen such a stunning woman who is beautiful both inside and outside. I know all her leading men, Song Seung Hoon, Kim Rae Won, Yoo Ai In, Lee Hyun Bung and the one that got me really really enthralled is Joo Won in Yong Pal. ( of course I loved her husband Rain too when they started dating ) They have such affection for each other.... JW was wowed by her beauty in their first meeting and she loved his Aegyo and on top of sending him a coffee truck, she personally visited him when he was filming MSG. AND SHE INVITED HIM TO HER WEDDING.... one of the very rare invite to a very private wedding. He couldn;t attend bevause he was filming his first sageuk MSG. Darn.. !!!! Would love to see the camera pan on his face at the wedding do.

And I've to mention this JW was such a gentleman to KTH , putting his arm at her back to guide her and paying attention when she whispered something to him at the SBS award night. I was thrilled for that night when they both went up for their prizes singly and together and the kissing scene was flashed I think.

So JW made an impact on me. Such a wonderful man.

@kittyna " Yep, it's JW as a teenage kids' show host. :D I think it's interesting that his appearance on this show, "Frees", actually predates his stage name - he's going by Jun Won here. "

Whoaaaa......... @kittyna that was an eyeopener . Interesting !! He's so cute as a teen and oh ...gasp !!! He could dance and dance dwell too. He doesn't dance now huh ? Maybe his musical operatic training is different from hip hop style dancing. Thank you for posting these old clips. They are fun to watch.

This fan is sooo good. She makes combo pictures with a vid clip . Her loving tribute to her bias JW. I shall be posting more of her word, It's a waste if I don't put them here . Hey keijoowon, if you happen to see this please come and say hello to me here in JW thread.

EDIT :

JUST SAW YOUR GIFS @stearly..........................WOWWWWWWW !!! THANKS

Will get back to it later. So good. Thank you.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, airplanegirl said:

Interestingly enough, one of his co-star from 'Frees' used to work for Section Tv. I'm not exactly sure if he still works there, since they recently changed their panelists. I've always wondered why they never arranged a reunion for the 2?

The other co-host said that she actually interviewed them way back when they first debuted, but doesn't remember him lol. 

Thanks for that info!

Speaking of Section TV, I've seen Park Seul Gi, the host in the yellow cardigan, a few times, as she tends to be the one who ends up interviewing JW whenever he's featured on the show. Sometimes I wonder: is the crazy fangirl behavior part of her persona and something she does with male celebrities in general, or does she just like JW that much? She cracks me up every single time with her antics. :D

He's so cute as a teen and oh ...gasp !!! He could dance and dance dwell too. He doesn't dance now huh ? Maybe his musical operatic training is different from hip hop style dancing. Thank you for posting these old clips. They are fun to watch.

Yeah, he is good at it. One thing I've noticed about his style is that it's more fluid than how I usually see guys' dances. I'm not a dancer myself, so I don't really know how to put it in technical terms, but just describing what I see... In more contemporary dance styles (e.g. pop or hip-hop dance, which is what we're seeing here), dance moves associated with girls tend to have smoother wave-like motions, whereas guys' seem to be more rhythmic and a bit choppier (e.g. he'll pause briefly on the accents, or there's a greater emphasis on straight lines and angles). I find that JW's dancing, while obviously still guys' choreography, is a bit more rounded in its execution. You can see it when his dancing is put side-by-side with the little boy's in the video I'd posted; of course there's a difference in skill level, so JW's moves are a bit more elaborate to begin with, but I catch him doing things like rolling his shoulders or swaying his hips to transition from one element to the next.

In regards to your question: I don't think JW dances in any professional capacity anymore unless he's in a musical that calls for it. However, I have noticed that he works some choreography into his live performances, and "Gaksital" offered a bit of fanservice there as well by including some brief vintage Broadway-style song and dance numbers, too.

I'll try to put together some more of my favourite dancing videos and share them :) I always have a huge respect for people who can do things that I personally suck at. :wink: 

@hibiscus23... thank you for sharing your journey in kdramaland and how Joo Won in Ojakyo Brothers impacted you. No wonder you were on a marathon looking up his previous dramas. My first interest in Kdrama was Kim Tae Hee. I've never seen such a stunning woman who is beautiful both inside and outside. I know all her leading men, Song Seung Hoon, Kim Rae Won, Yoo Ai In, Lee Hyun Bung and the one that got me really really enthralled is Joo Won in Yong Pal. ( of course I loved her husband Rain too when they started dating )

Thanks to both @hibiscus23 and @lavender2love for sharing your stories :)

I think that my first major full-on-bias Kdrama interest would be Joo Won, which means that I've been pretty exclusively a fan of his for over a year and a half by this point. I have, however, both previously and presently accumulated a long list of other Korean celebrities I like. Before watching JW for the first time in "Kim Tak Gu", I fell in love with Lee Jong Suk's acting in particular - and he and JW still vie for being my favourite "idol style" (a term my family uses to refer to the Generation Y and millennial celebrities) celebrity in terms of acting.

What pushed JW to the top, for me, was finding out about his off-screen persona, as I'd described in the Dramabeans post I linked to in my very first post here. To this day, I keep thinking I need to diversify and find some more potential biases (i.e. "If JW's so good, there's gotta be others like him out there, too."), but I never actually succeed in that endeavour. Not because there aren't a lot of good people out there in the Korean entertainment industry, but because...I suppose it's because there's always something extra special about your first. The fact that I stumbled upon or "discovered" JW's real-life character when I wasn't expecting it means that he feels different compared to other equally good guys (e.g. Park Bo Gum) where I was actively looking for that same goodness.

Finally, @stearly, thanks for the Mindbridge GIFs - you're really fast!

• Like 4