Joo Won 주원 [Drama- The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

Awww so OYS is going to visit JW? Really sweet of her to do so! I was just thinking of their rating promise yesterday and was quite sad they set such a high ratings promise. It's difficult to reach 20% when the other 2 dramas started earlier and have decent stories too.  I hope OYS shares some photos after the visit! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lavender2love said:

He's so easy on the eyes. MSG must take the record for the most dimples.

Only dimples..! The drama made a record of wide variety of facial expressions from many casts ( OYS,CRY-Wonja etc) specially from JW. :lol:

53 minutes ago, sagaseed said:

@flutterby06 hope you enjoy watching the remaining  2D1N episodes. Do share with us your thoughts when you are done with JW's final episode! 

I'm enjoying it very much. I love how they are so brotherly and how they all adore JW. I've actually first watched few episodes randomly from YouTube including the last ep (:(). Then decided to watch from the start as YT doesn't have all the episodes. I saved my favorite JW moments too. So I'll share my thoughts one by one. :D

1 hour ago, airplanegirl said:

Amazing of the cast to do so, even though they didn't hit their target. Apparently this summer, has been really hot! The soldiers will surely appreciate such a gesture.

That's really sweet of them.. I secretly wished for it. The fact that they're are considering it despite not being able to hit the target, makes me happy. JW will be very happy too if this happens. Lots of love for MSG cast :heart:

RO24561915_w500_h0.jpg&key=faedb5db3404e

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

Hey @airplanegirl, what's this about?

Do you remember all those rice wreaths from the various Joo Won's fanclub during the My Sassy Girl press con? Well this is the donation centre that all the rice were sent to. The rice, will then be donated in Joo Won's name to the poor families living in SK.

DC just posted the donation certificate. The certificate will be sent to Huayi Brothers at a later time. 

bINcOuS.jpg

• Like 3

Oh yes, I remember..thanks. @airplanegirl

I'm also very curious about JW DC Gallery? Is it official Joo Won Fan Club? It always comes with the latest update about JW right? How do they do that? I once read ( may be in JW cuties) that JW actually joined there to chat with them while promoting Catch Me..But they thought he was fake..ha ha.. That's totally understandable. :lol:

• Like 2

@airplanegirl so nice that the rice wreaths sent to Joo Won by his fan clubs to poor families . It's heartening.

___________________________-

I want to have a standing apology here if I inadvertently post pictures that have been posted before. I'm actually new here and I didn't back track. It's because I'm so hyped up by his drama MSG that i just want to share how good looking he is in hanbok and in modern clothes so when I come across that I like  I'll think..... ooohhh that's nice, and i reach for the submit reply button.  Please pardon me .

DEyFqzaXcAED-fY.jpg

DEM5x-XWAAAmmqo.jpg

DFAByjTXgAEkyKc.jpg

• Like 2

@lavender2love No worries! It's fine to re-post older pictures. We need to sustain ourselves till he's discharged!

8 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

Oh yes, I remember..thanks. @airplanegirl

I'm also very curious about JW DC Gallery? Is it official Joo Won Fan Club? It always comes with the latest update about JW right? How do they do that? I once read ( may be in JW cuties) that JW actually joined there to chat with them while promoting Catch Me..But they thought he was fake..ha ha.. That's totally understandable. :lol:

Yes, it is his official Korean Fan Club. They have spies everywhere! There are several Joo Wonie fanboys who are currently in the army with him, and they keep us updated by posting info about his leave dates and such. 

• Like 3

@airplanegirl, Oh his fanboys! Good for them..They'll get to train with their favorite actor! He'll be instructing them.. :D

I actually was quite surprised to see(from your tweets) that many JW fans active in internet are boys from ..I know that through Gaksital he gained fans from all ages and gender but when I saw his interview in Insadong by SBS Entertainment Night it felt real.. There were so many boys! I saw a bts video upload by a fan where JW shakes hand with a boy and he screams( I'll post it later). It was quite funny but SBS didn't include that. If it was KBS Guerilla Date, they surely would've included that.. :confused: 

@lavender2love, good things are meant to be shared again and again.. :) This is for you.. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, airplanegirl said:

@lavender2love No worries! It's fine to re-post older pictures. We need to sustain ourselves till he's discharged!

Yes, it is his official Korean Fan Club. They have spies everywhere! There are several Joo Wonie fanboys who are currently in the army with him, and they keep us updated by posting info about his leave dates and such. 

Thank you @airplanegirl that is encouraging. I think the number of viewers is good. It is possible to touch 5 millions before he comes back.

@flutterby06  " good things are meant to be shared again and again.. :) This is for you.. " 

Thank you both , I'll do my best because I feel sad if this thread doesn't do justice to Joo Won.

Joo Won has proven that he can take on a role with less action andgive it much character.  The role of Gyun Woo is well played by Joo Woo to be a man's man. His manliness is never in question. His attitude towards women is that of a perfect boyfriend, perfect son, perfect brother and perfect friend.

I love the tree. It is here their love took root, Joo Won played the caring person very weel. I hope he wins an award  for his acting.

DCw4nj-UQAETf73.jpg

DCw4s43U0AArq1l.jpg

DCw4uQ_VYAI9DjZ.jpg

• Like 2

What is interesting about this scene is Joo Won's talent in emoting his shock and unexpected answer. ( sorry I don't have the exact pic to show that his momentarily stunne. I'm still trying to learn about gif making ) His eyes started to glisten with disappointment and utter disbelief. His body totter a little like from a blow.... small action but great the way he acted. We were shocked together with him , with the distraught noooooooooooooooooooooooo !!

Some people have said he is underwhelmed acting in a straightforward romcom. I disagree. He is so convincing in his role, so effective in the use of eyes, gestures and other small action. We have unanimously declared in MSG thread that he has made his character Gyun Woo so memorable.

It proves his talent is enormous whether in low action dramas or swashbuckling ones and he he gives his best.

DFFDMX9VoAAzBsv.jpg

DFFDM7XU0AAnk-0.jpg

DFFDNhIVwAIuaRg.jpg

Spoiler

DFFDNuiVYAAZWjr.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, airplanegirl said:

It's cute to see that his manager is also close to BoA.

Angel Manager Jaecheoni is one sweet manager..  :)

Do you follow him?  I saw that his acc is private. and JW's friend Saeuk recently made his acc private too..His IG was public before.. :(

I first got to know Saeuk from 2d1n and Jaecheon from Life Log. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

Angel Manager Jaecheoni is one sweet manager..  :)

Do you follow him?  I saw that his acc is private. and JW's friend Saeuk recently made his acc private too..His IG was public before.. :(

I first got to know Saeuk from 2d1n and Jaecheon from Life Log. 

Yea I followed his manager right before he made it private. And Sewook made his IG private mostly cause over enthusiastic Joo Wonie fans would spam his IG asking "where is Joo Won?" or "is Joo Won on a date?" anytime he posted a new pic.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, airplanegirl said:

And Sewook made his IG private mostly cause over enthusiastic Joo Wonie fans would spam his IG asking "where is Joo Won?" or "is Joo Won on a date?" anytime he posted a new pic.

I know..I don't blame him for that. He needs to protect his own social life. Anyone in his position would do that too. Just because we're following him as he is our favorite's best friend doesn't mean we should make it obvious to him by questioning about JW every time. I hope fans will learn to be more subtle. 

44 minutes ago, lavender2love said:

Such good acting....... The expression conveys strong feelings. The eyes are piecing.

@lavender2love, hey you watched him in YP & MSG..so what's next JW you'd watch??? B)

• Like 2

This is pertinent to what we're talking about now in the MSG thread. I'm still flabbergasted by the news he was in relationship during Yong Pal filming. Their chemistry was sizzling ( sorry antis ) So were they Boa's fans or Joo Won's fans who were bashing Kim Tae Hee ? One of my fellow soompier in YP said the anti KTH fans were so mean, they wanted to boycott her and the bashings were spiteful . However we'll let bygones be bygones. Life is too precious for negative things to mar it.

Anyway whatever, to me Joo Won possesses incredible talent. And I like the way he conducts his real life so honourably.

DFS1AGZV0AEdZC_.jpg

HE CERTAINLY IS FINE LOOKING.

DFUIH6DUAAAHnsY.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lavender2love said:

This is pertinent to what we're talking about now in the MSG thread. I'm still flabbergasted by the news he was in relationship during Yong Pal filming. Their chemistry was sizzling ( sorry antis ) So were they Boa's fans or Joo Won's fans who were bashing Kim Tae Hee ? One of my fellow soompier in YP said the anti KTH fans were so mean, they wanted to boycott her and the bashings were spiteful . However we'll let bygones be bygones. Life is too precious for negative things to mar it.

I think JW wasn't in a relationship when he was filming YP. They knew each other, probably at a "getting to know each other better" stage. They claimed they started dating in 2016 after much considerations.

Oh, I only remember KTH was criticised for her acting in YP but not to the extent of boycotting.. were they JW fans? I always thought his fans are quite matured and nice pp hahaha. If I'm not mistaken, KTH was bashed for her little screen time in YP in the earlier episodes and JW seemed to be the only one person who carried the show. Of course these were uncalled for because the story required her to be a sleeping beauty in the first few episodes and she subsequently proved audiences wrong with her excellent portrayal of YJ in the second half of the drama. 

Thanks @lavender2love for those handsome poses! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sagaseed said:

I think JW wasn't in a relationship when he was filming YP. They knew each other, probably at a "getting to know each other better" stage. They claimed they started dating in 2016 after much considerations.

Oh, I only remember KTH was criticised for her acting in YP but not to the extent of boycotting.. were they JW fans? I always thought his fans are quite matured and nice pp hahaha. If I'm not mistaken, KTH was bashed for her little screen time in YP in the earlier episodes and JW seemed to be the only one person who carried the show. Of course these were uncalled for because the story required her to be a sleeping beauty in the first few episodes and she subsequently proved audiences wrong with her excellent portrayal of YJ in the second half of the drama. 

Thanks @lavender2love for those handsome poses! 

BoA's Kr fans have claimed other wise haha. Apparently the BoA fans were well aware that these two were dating, but kept it all on the DL.

Korean/Japanese BoA fans don't really care about her personal life. They will congratulate her and all, but they really don't bother. To them, as long as she's happy, they will silently cheer her on. 

It could have been Joo Won fans. I do remember that when Choi Kang Hee was casted in that drama that shall not be named, his fans took to the news articles to bash CKH. The whole topic was brought up at their press con, and CKH said that Joo Won was in tears apologizing to her. I don't remember what was it that Joo Won said, but CKH said that she was really surprised at how Joo Won handled it all and that she was really impressed that Joo Won seemed to be a lot more mature than her.

But it could have also easily been just a bunch of jealous fans.

• Like 2

Helllooooooo everyone! 'Old' fan here since Good Doctor~ Good to see this thread getting active again! Have still been checking this thread though I have not been posting. 

I'm quite slow... only found out about Joo Won's new OST I Believe today... didn't recognise his voice at the first line... /killsmyself

Somehow his voice sounds higher/gentler than usual.. kind of sound like his voice in My Love from Baker King.

And since I'm an 'old' fan, sharing an old video of him performing I Believe at the Japan FM 2014 !

• Like 4