Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

Just like @mrdimples and @stearly, I will believe in uri cutie on his choices of new projects. As for this new movie "Fashion King", it is still not officially announced that JW or the rumoured female lead is casted for the role. Hence, let's not jump into conclusions yet and get all worked up. Even if either or both of them do take up the role, we should just let them to do their jobs and not pass undue criticisms until we have seen the actual end result - the movie.

I have said before and will still maintain my stand of not passing negative criticisms about another artiste, at least not in an open forum and especially where it is not that artiste's. This is Joo Won's thread and we should (at least try to) NOT post criticisms about his fellow colleagues, potential ones or any other public figure. Just put ourselves in the shoes of the artiste's fans... how would we feel if we seen similar comments about JW in ttheir fan forums. Even if it is true that that artiste is lacking or not up to uri cutie's standard in terms of acting abilities, we should not just based on our own judgements to discredit the efforts that the artiste has put into a project. Sometimes, it may not be bcoz the actor/actress "sucks" in the potrayal of the role but itz the role that is written in a manner that limits the full potential of the actor/actress.

As mentioned by mrdimples, cutie did not disappoint us in L7CS even though the drama itself did. JW has, as always, gave his best performance as Han Gil-Ro and in the process, he gained the confidences of 2 new friends - his 'soulmate' gangjjang noona and his dongseang Chansung. So it has not been a total loss/failure for his involvement in this 'ill-fated' drama.

On the topic of idol castings in dramas or movies, even if some of those who acted did not perform up to the audience's expectations, they did helped to draw attention of their fans to the movies and dramas they were involved in. Like for Chansung, even though his role in L7CS is not as what everyone had expected, we have to thank his fans and 2PM fans for their support. Some of whom have became JW supporters after the drama ended. If it has not been the fact that Chansung was casted in L7CS, there may not have been this pool of potential supporters for cutie.

Having said all the above, it is still too soon for us to even draw conclusions about how well/badly this new movie will turn out to be since no official annoucement has been made on the casting as yet.

Just thought of posting Joo Sang Wook's Guerilla date. I think around 40: 48 he is praising oorie Joo Wonie in terms of awards but in his own humorous ways. The actual segment starts from 35:26:

Additionally just an FYI in the same clip, from 08:31 to 13:45, there is talk on the trend of actors appearing on variety shows by throwing away their "reel" life personality and showing an honest portrayal of themselves so the viewers can get to know them better. There is an opinion from the viewers and actors who are uncomfortable with it. I guess I can understand how much Cutie must have felt stressed out when he felt he wasn't funny enough. *still having difficulty to accept that from today onwards 1N2D will only be 6 members*

-edit-
Joo Won's profile has been updated in Wikipedia. Just wanted to include additional details of his recent nominations, but it seems a bit confusing:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joo_Won

Although Joo Won will eat Sulli for breakfast in term of acting, I think I agree with @simplydramafied1082 that JW should be picky with his projects giving he is already a big star in Korea. I am sure he is getting tons of offer and from what I read, there is nothing extraordinary about this fashion king's storyline. I bet he can immerse any character he is into but why this movie? It may waste his talent and taint his already awesome resume.But having said that, as a fan I am glad he will be in another project as it does not take too long for us to see him in another big screen. I just hope he would take more challenging roles like action or some badass movies as he has proven to us he is really good in it.
edit: err I just noticed... the storyline sounds a little similar to upcoming drama "pretty man' starring JKS. I might be wrong. Looking forward to seeing this drama just just for the sake of watching JKS's antic. kekeke. Who wants to join me? :D

moonandhearts said: what is this? let's steer back the convo to Joo Won! :)
---
finally finished uploading cuts of Ghost - The Musical rehearsal. Sorry for the shaky cam, blurred shots, fast cuts. But, you get to see a few seconds of Joo Won prior to transforming into Sam Wheat. and at 2:40, the Joo Won who cannot stand still. kekekeke! Plus can anybody translate what Joo Won said during the presscon starting at 8:00? thanks in advance! 

I have no doubt in Joo Won acting.He is beyond amazing but his choices for project may not always be good. 7GCS was an example.Yes.I laughed and enjoyed some parts.But I never finished it.I stopped watching it at episode 10. Honestly,I prefer to watch the quality project with qualified actors in it.Not necessarily Joo Won or who. I love Joo Won very much because I know that he is one of the best actors of his generation.Thus,I really want him to be in the projects which deserve him. He leaves his favorite hyungs to enhance his careers in acting . Surely the projects he choose MUST at least help him maintain his current status.He deserves more.
'The female lead character's role in the story is not all that big compared to the male character. There aren't too many scenes where she and the male lead will be acting together, but she will be appearing in the story as the male lead's love interest to form a love line.'
This reason they gave is so unprofessional. It's like they just looked for a famous artist just to rise publicity. Nothing else,talents for acting is not really needed. The male lead will carry the whole project on his shoulders? 
Maybe I am wrong.I hope I am... 
PS:JW may eat her for breakfast in term of acting,but her fans might eat him up for real!if you know what I meant.. 

As I hav said earlier... the casting has not yet been confirmed, letz be positive. Even if the girl really gets the role, it will be a good opportunity for her to be acting with cutie (if he really accepts this project)... she has got lots of stuff to learn from uri cutie... and that will mean tat our baby has now reached the stage in his acting career where newbie hoobaes can look up to him for advice... tatz one step closer towards his dream of being a professor in acting like his Shin Hyun Joon hyung :D

And letz not forget that cutie was once a newbie whose acting was criticised for his debut TV drama BK and the fact that he got the 2nd male lead role.

ezze said: Although Joo Won will eat Sulli for breakfast in term of acting, I think I agree with @simplydramafied1082 that JW should be picky with his projects giving he is already a big star in Korea. I am sure he is getting tons of offer and from what I read, there is nothing extraordinary about this fashion king's storyline. I bet he can immerse any character he is into but why this movie? It may waste his talent and taint his already awesome resume.But having said that, as a fan I am glad he will be in another project as it does not take too long for us to see him in another big screen. I just hope he would take more challenging roles like action or some badass movies as he has proven to us he is really good in it.
edit: err I just noticed... the storyline sounds a little similar to upcoming drama "pretty man' starring JKS. I might be wrong. Looking forward to seeing this drama just just for the sake of watching JKS's antic. kekeke. Who wants to join me? :D

ezze said: Although Joo Won will eat Sulli for breakfast in term of acting, I think I agree with @simplydramafied1082 that JW should be picky with his projects giving he is already a big star in Korea. I am sure he is getting tons of offer and from what I read, there is nothing extraordinary about this fashion king's storyline. I bet he can immerse any character he is into but why this movie? It may waste his talent and taint his already awesome resume.But having said that, as a fan I am glad he will be in another project as it does not take too long for us to see him in another big screen. I just hope he would take more challenging roles like action or some badass movies as he has proven to us he is really good in it.

Guest pandora460

I am a Sulli fan (my profile pic and siggy cant deny that) and I am a proud one. So that perhaps I am one of the few who got excited with the news about Fashion King starring 2 of my biases. To date, JW has not confirmed but I think Sulli did already. Sulli will definitely benefit from working with Cutie in terms of learning from his vast experience and expertise but I feel Sulli is not totally a clutch in terms of acting. She was in fact a child actress before she became an idol. Her acting is not so-so and I truly.hope she be given the project to properly hone her skills. I would be one of those to cheer her on if FK with JW is that project! Btw, she is doing a supporting role in the movie Pirates slated to be shown early nxt yr starring Kim Nam Gil and Song Ye Jin.

Cutie's movie resume is far less impressive than his dramas. SIU and Don't Click weren't box office success. The only thing I am glad about SIU is that Joo Won got to know some really good sunbaes in there and of course his favorite hyung, Uhmforce. I really hope "Catch Me" will be a success.

Totally agree with you on this @mrdimples

Hmmm if you noticed his Tae Woong hyung has been a lead in many movies, but he never won a best actor awards for any of his roles or been nominated for most of them.

I'm speculating, he probably gets many offers as a supporting roles in a movie that star big names in the industry. After the movie SIU, SIM Ent can EASILY put Cutie to act alongside Tae-woong again or even as supporting role in any of his SIM Ent seniors, actor Kim Yun-seok or actress Uhm Jung-hwa projects, but instead of supporting role, he is now a lead in a movie. I think his agency try to 'push' Cutie to star in a movie as mush as they can, it is hard to be a lead if you dont have a strong agency to back you up. I dont say that our Cutie get all these because of his 'backing' not his TALENT. It might be awkward for him to be supporting actor now if he already leads a movie. Aishhhhhh.

Ahhhh let just hope that his Ghost Musical will be successful and his upcoming movie Catch Me doing well in the cinema.

Saranghe Joo-wonnie!

About Joo Won's Rumored New Project : Fashion King

I know all of you are having thoughts on this matter. I myself have.

For one, we do not own Joo Won's decision. Whatever he wants to do. Whatever projects he wants to try. Whether it is personally driven or management driven. I do not think we can change their decisions. It is Cutie and his management's decision. Whether fans can change their minds, only time will tell. There is only one thing certain. For Me. For You, Joo Won fans who really love and only wants the best for him. That is, WE can only support him. If we ourselves bash or not have faith in him for his decisions, then what are we then?

For Joo Won's rumored co-stars in this rumored movie, Fashion King. Please let us respect what the production team are doing and also of the artists' part. Let us not say something that may make this other artist's fans blood boil or  think otherwise. We, Joo Won fans may not want to hear, read, listen to any criticism against Joo Won, the other artist's fans may feel the same. So, let us contain our emotions.

One more thing. This is not a drama or movie thread. This is Joo Won's thread. We have been open on talking about Cutie's drama or movie here. But since this is just a rumor and nothing is definite yet. For the sake of Joo Won, his thread and other Joo Won's fans sanity, may I ask for a bit of RESTRAIN. I pretty much do not want another Pre-7th Level Civil Servant unrest happening here. I think most Cuties soompiers back at that time will understand what I am saying. I do believe not only Joo Won fans are in here but also the other artists fans. Let us respect each other. We do not want meow-fights in here, right. And we do not want mods breathing on our necks.

Yes, we have always been critical about his choices whenever we see what his new "suppose" projects are. But haven't you noticed, dear Cuties, in the end, we always eat our words when we see how AWESOME he is in his roles?

Why don't we just stare at Cutie's HOTNESSS and let him do the rest for us.

uuzl.jpg

Guest pandora460

girls, dont be upset today. we still have Joowon in 1N2D on KBSW. it's still not the last episode for him. i'm gonna watch it this evening, it's still not the end for me.

:D

*in denial*

same here. Even if episodes of Joo Wons last trip are available I refuse to watch them and will wait for it to be shown on kbsword! In denial too and perhaps prolonging the agony. :D

Guest pinkranger--

I really love Joo Won and i'm a fan,but I think he need himself a break...Is he a superhuman??we know how great actor he was,but his works this year is too much..He needs to learn from Chae Won unnie...QUALITY VS. QUANTITY...he was loved and praise long time ago so you don't have to overwork joo wonnie T^T

I...have nothing to add to the movie/co-star discussion, other than that I think it sounds like it could be an interesting project, so I remain hopeful, ha.

So on a different topic, I was inspired by @farbarri and the face-touching collection and went off on a tangent, lol.  I may have gone overboard.  I will let you all be the judge.  Presenting the oddly-specific, Joowon covering his face when he smiles or laughs collection:
jwhand4_zps2f1001af.jpg

Guest Maryss Falconi

coolreborn

said: [size=3][color=#ff0000][size=5]

About Joo Won's Rumored New Project : Fashion King

[/size][/color]

[color=#000099]I know all of you are having thoughts on this matter. I myself have.

For one, we do not own Joo Won's decision. Whatever he wants to do. Whatever projects he wants to try. Whether it is personally driven or management driven. I do not think we can change their decisions. It is Cutie and his management's decision. Whether fans can change their minds, only time will tell. There is only one thing certain.

For Me. For You, Joo Won fans who really love and only wants the best for him. That is, WE can only support him. If we ourselves bash or not have faith in him for his decisions, then what are we then?

For Joo Won's rumored co-stars in this rumored movie, Fashion King. Please let us respect what the production team are doing

and also of the artists' part. Let us not say something that may make this other artist's fans blood boil or  think otherwise. We, Joo Won fans may not want to hear, read, listen to any criticism against Joo Won, the other artist's fans may feel the same. So, let us contain our emotions.

One more thing. This is not a drama or movie thread. This is Joo Won's thread. We have been open on talking about Cutie's drama or movie here. But since this is just a rumor and nothing is definite yet. For the sake of Joo Won, his thread and other Joo Won's fans sanity, may I ask for a bit of RESTRAIN. I pretty much do not want another Pre-7th Level Civil Servant unrest happening here. I think most Cuties soompiers back at that time will understand what I am saying. I do believe not only Joo Won fans are in here but also the other artists fans. Let us respect each other. We do not want meow-fights in here, right. And we do not want mods breathing on our necks.

Yes, we have always been critical about his choices whenever we see what his new "suppose" projects are. But haven't you noticed, dear Cuties, in the end, we always eat our words when we see how AWESOME he is in his roles?

Why don't we just stare at Cutie's HOTNESSS and let him do the rest for us.

[color=#000099]

uuzl.jpg

[/color]