Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

I just couldn't get images of little Park Shi On out of my mind. I think this show is going to feed my heart through the shredding machine again. Joo Won is the best when it comes to acting characters who suffer from some deep emotional hurt. I remember this scene in Ojakgyo Brothers ep 31 where Taehee in a stupor, walked the streets, words that his mother whom he hasn't seen in years has passed away, ringing in his ears. He ended up on the doorsteps of Jaeun and sat there, with his hands tucked between his legs. A kid sits beside him, in the same exact position. It is the young Taehee. His mother has just walked out of home, abandoning him and the poor boy sits there, waiting for his mother to turn up.
2ywfpyx.jpg
credit: screencap from Softy's blog Cadence

Joo Won was memorable as the tragic hero Lee Kangto in Gaksital but as Hwang Taehee in Ojakgyo Brothers, his story was just as heart tugging. I hate it when people say Joo Won overacts all the time. It is only as Ma Jun and Kangto where the character calls for it, that he displays more expressive acting but in Ojakgyo Brothers, he was awesome in a very understated way. Many a time, with hardly any lines, just eyes that speak, Joo Won was a standout in portraying Hwang Taehee. Like Jaeun, I always wanted to hug 'Ahjussi Taehee'.

I can't wait to see how Joo Won will portray Park Shi On, who lives in the world of autism, very aware that he is different from others and yet there are many things which are beyond his control. Things that people take for granted pose a daily challenge to him. He doesn't need sympathy, he needs love, understanding and acceptance.
2gt90ci.jpg
credit as tagged

Guest mei8805

:x :x :x Hwang Tae Hee....  >:D< >:D<  >:D< Thanks @coolreborn and @mrdimples for the pic of Hwang Tae Hee.. I'm still in love with him..and rewatch Ojakgyo Brothers over and over again :D ;;)

@coolreborn @mrdimples
Joowon is one of those actors whose actions and reactions speak better than words. as in the scenes you pointed out before, the depressing scene with his younger self, that was definitely some awesome acting. i love how he used his eyes and minor face contortions just to convey those deep feelings of sadness, abandonement. and somehow, without watching Taehee's earlier years, we can tell he has been covering up those feelings for a long time. that he is actually not himself, he has been pretending all these years. and his yearn for his true mother is what he has been looking for for a long time.
he's a cop, i think he can easily search for his mother if he wanted too. possibly deep inside, he didnt want to starts searching, afraid that he would find out that his mother passed away. alas~ he truth came to look for him in the form of his step-brother.
i was amazed by his brutal/loving persona in Bridal Mask. i'm currently watching Ojakgyo Brothers, still at episode 27 (but i know how the story would unfold). and i discovered this awesome acting ability from Ojakgyo Brothers. i'm glad i decided to watch it. Joowon surprises me all the time~

Guest mydeed

farbarri said:i was amazed by his brutal/loving persona in Bridal Mask. i'm currently watching Ojakgyo Brothers, still at episode 27 (but i know how the story would unfold). and i discovered this awesome acting ability from Ojakgyo Brothers. i'm glad i decided to watch it. Joowon surprises me all the time~

30nir6c.jpg
credit: Ojagkyo Brothers facebook

My love for Joo Won started with Ojakgyo Brothers so you can say Hwang Tae Hee is my first love. I was so obsessed with Ojakgyo Brothers  that I wrote a litany of thanks when the drama approach the end. For those who have been to Softy's blog at that time, perhaps you have read this. Today, I am emotional, a tad whimsical and somehow, looking at little Park Shi On and the adult Park Shi On, I am reminded of Hwang Tae Hee. So here it goes:

Dedicated to Ojakgyo Brothers:

i.....have a confession to make..... but i dont know if this is the right place! should i? shouldnt i? i'm confused!!!!! i dont know if i should say it or not.... it's driving me crazy!!!! maybe i should just say it, then.... but what will you girls think of me if i say it? i cant take it!!! i cant not say it!!! i have to say it....
I......LOVE JOOWON'S NOSTRILS....

farbarri said: i.....have a confession to make..... but i dont know if this is the right place! should i? shouldnt i? i'm confused!!!!! i dont know if i should say it or not.... it's driving me crazy!!!! maybe i should just say it, then.... but what will you girls think of me if i say it? i cant take it!!! i cant not say it!!! i have to say it....
I......LOVE JOOWON'S NOSTRILS....