Joo Won 주원 [Drama- The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

2 hours ago, rionae said:

Helllooooooo everyone! 'Old' fan here since Good Doctor~ Good to see this thread getting active again! Have still been checking this thread though I have not been posting. 

I'm quite slow... only found out about Joo Won's new OST I Believe today... didn't recognise his voice at the first line... /killsmyself

Somehow his voice sounds higher/gentler than usual.. kind of sound like his voice in My Love from Baker King.

And since I'm an 'old' fan, sharing an old video of him performing I Believe at the Japan FM 2014 !

Oh my gosh............... @rionae soooooo nice to see our second " old " fan after @Ma OO. I'm squealing because I have been griping about the missing old timers who were so great in pioneering this thread and was desperately worried about it going to oblivion. I mean as a Mod said, this thread was so active in the old days built on love and adoratin and racking up 4 million plus viewers. Today the number is not bad... After the new admin  @airplanegirlwas appointed, we moved from 4,431, 000 ( give or take a hundred or two ) to at last count 4,411,613 in a matter of days. ( 19,387 ) At this rate we can go for the 5 million. Counting on you CUTIES ( your nickname ) I'll do a roll call one of these days. At the moment we are still active in MSG thread because we love he drama.

See you guys / gals

DFZY41fW0AAJ0Et.jpg

DFZY34lWsAAS6S3.jpg

DFZY2TLXgAATxb2.jpg

Spoiler

DFZY3BTXsAAbU4t.jpg

• Like 3

@lavender2love. he is goofy.. He is all in one! B)

9 hours ago, rionae said:

Helllooooooo everyone! 'Old' fan here since Good Doctor~ Good to see this thread getting active again! Have still been checking this thread though I have not been posting. 

I'm quite slow... only found out about Joo Won's new OST I Believe today... didn't recognise his voice at the first line... /killsmyself

@rionae, good to see another old member here.. :D Glad that you're still checking. Hope we'll see you often?

Ha ha.. I think it was easier for me to recognize his voice because I saw the video of live version that he performed in last fan meeting in Korea.. And you're right this OST is very different. I saw someone commented in DB that may be Joo Won sang it as GW. and I agree. The song delivers the emotion of the drama and that particular scene where it was played, very well.

• Like 1

The final scene from the vii tv/video. His cries were so heart wrenching that I reached out for the tissue box..... sob ! sob ! He really sobbed his heart out. I imagined it  being ripped out all crushed. He portrayed the sorrow so convincingly.

A still from the video.

DFZVW8DW0AA8Lbr.jpg

THE DETERMINED LOOK IN HIS EYES AS HE HATCHED A PLAN TO DEFEAT THE EVIL MINISTER.

His family was at stake and about to be eliminated. The love of his life the Princess was also in danger.

He became one of the Ghost Masks. It's interesting thing  from the bts in the video is that he made 2 kills., one on the Left Minister's neck and the other at his right side of the body ( just to make sure he's more dead than dead ) which wasn't shown in the actual scene.

• Like 3

Just saw it today..

And some kind fan has finally uploaded this one Youtube.. 

This part is my favorite..He looked so happy and cute. I saved this when fans uploaded many videos after his fan meeting but lost the link. I'm glad she uploaded it in YouTube. 

• Like 4

On 7/22/2017 at 8:20 PM, airplanegirl said:

BoA's Kr fans have claimed other wise haha. Apparently the BoA fans were well aware that these two were dating, but kept it all on the DL.

Korean/Japanese BoA fans don't really care about her personal life. They will congratulate her and all, but they really don't bother. To them, as long as she's happy, they will silently cheer her on. 

It could have been Joo Won fans. I do remember that when Choi Kang Hee was casted in that drama that shall not be named, his fans took to the news articles to bash CKH. The whole topic was brought up at their press con, and CKH said that Joo Won was in tears apologizing to her. I don't remember what was it that Joo Won said, but CKH said that she was really surprised at how Joo Won handled it all and that she was really impressed that Joo Won seemed to be a lot more mature than her.

But it could have also easily been just a bunch of jealous fans.

Thanks @airplanegirl for clarifying! I thought I read they admitted to dating in 2016 and didn't think this lovely couple would hide "when" it started since they had admitted. No one will know for sure except themselves haha. Whatever the case, I'm glad to know BoA fans are so considerate and supportive. I'm sure most JW fans (except that bunch of jealous fans) are really happy for his first public relationship. He had over worked since 2011 and didn't have much personal time. Finally he found a true love with common hobby (golf) and live his life with new experiences. 

18 hours ago, rionae said:

Somehow his voice sounds higher/gentler than usual.. kind of sound like his voice in My Love from Baker King.

AWWW.. I'm jumping with joy to see @rionae here!! How been you been, my dear chingu!?!? Have you watched MSG? 

For those who are new, @rionae had helped to translate numerous JW videos including the famous Life Logs and had written some fan accounts in Joo Won Cutie. I can't thank for enough for helping me to find joy in watching those subbed videos. It was so nice of her to share her upclose and personal encounters with Joo Won as well as awesome photos of Joo Won in fanmeetings too. Am always impressed with her ability to self-learn Korean (and Japanese if I'm not mistaken). Plus she is sweet and considerate girl in real life!

@flutterby06 Thanks for posting his last fanmeeting videos! I wished I knew about his Korea fanmeeting before his enlistment. Am really impressed with the Thai fans who are forever supportive of his performances no matter where and when. Yes, I do feel GW (but in modern fashion haha) when he sang I Believe. He is always into character when he sings drama OST live. I remember his "If I could" (Good Doctor OST) performance in fan meetings felt exactly like Shi On pining for his noona MCW too! 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, sagaseed said:

Thanks @airplanegirl for clarifying! I thought I read they admitted to dating in 2016 and didn't think this lovely couple would hide "when" it started since they had admitted. No one will know for sure except themselves haha. Whatever the case, I'm glad to know BoA fans are so considerate and supportive. I'm sure most JW fans (except that bunch of jealous fans) are really happy for his first public relationship. He had over worked since 2011 and didn't have much personal time. Finally he found a true love with common hobby (golf) and live his life with new experiences. 

Me too. I'm happy he found love and share common interests with the popular Kpop singer  ( i watched her western movie in the remake of Footloose co-starring super dancer Derek Hough of Dancing With The Stars Fame. Boa was an amazing dancer. )

I remember in one of his interviews Joo Won  said could have dated Uee in Ojakgyo Brothers but because of the strict agency codes he didn't. Come to think of it @YourPal love this drama after she checked this out when Yong Pal was over and she loved it.

AWWW.. I'm jumping with joy to see @rionae here!! How been you been, my dear chingu!?!? Have you watched MSG? 

For those who are new, @rionae had helped to translate numerous JW videos including the famous Life Logs and had written some fan accounts in Joo Won Cutie. I can't thank for enough for helping me to find joy in watching those subbed videos. It was so nice of her to share her upclose and personal encounters with Joo Won as well as awesome photos of Joo Won in fanmeetings too. Am always impressed with her ability to self-learn Korean (and Japanese if I'm not mistaken). Plus she is sweet and considerate girl in real life!

@rionae .... So you're one of the famous cuties...... I guess Joo Won's fans are talented people. Were you the one who did the white shite gif which I posted in Yong Pal and you gave an interesting account of that meeting ? You shouldn't be hiding your talent. This thread needs you too.

@flutterby06 Thanks for posting his last fanmeeting videos! I wished I knew about his Korea fanmeeting before his enlistment. Am really impressed with the Thai fans who are forever supportive of his performances no matter where and when. Yes, I do feel GW (but in modern fashion haha) when he sang I Believe. He is always into character when he sings drama OST live. I remember his "If I could" (Good Doctor OST) performance in fan meetings felt exactly like Shi On pining for his noona MCW too! 

I've always enjoyed his fan meetings . I remember this scene the most when after Yong Pal , he went to a university ( forgot which one ) and the undergrads there were so flustered and overjoyed to see him. .... and the comment from one of them ? Hahahaha she said she wet her panties seeings.... ( i

tt's in the video here long ago ) The other question was what was it like for him to work with the beautiful Kim Tae Hee..... His answer ??? :heart:

I LIKE THIS PICTURE.

You know the Thai fans are amazing... they post so many photos of him and so current as like now they're into MSG.

DFW-pHIUIAA8n9Y.jpg

• Like 3

15 hours ago, sagaseed said:

Wow..thanks to Joo Won Cuties we've so many videos of him translated in English.. Thanks a @rionae and all the members of Joo Won Cuties. :heart: Oh and you've met saw him in person? Wow.. :D

15 hours ago, sagaseed said:

You're most welcome.. That video is a bitter-sweet one..He couldn't stop himself from crying but he still kept singing.. :(

Yeah.. Thai fans are really amazing! They're most active JW fans these days. Did you see OST live from his Korean fan meeting uploaded in vlive? Leaving the link in case if you missed it.

http://www.vlive.tv/video/30288?channelCode=FD143

22 hours ago, lavender2love said:

THE DETERMINED LOOK IN HIS EYES AS HE HATCHED A PLAN TO DEFEAT THE EVIL MINISTER.

His family was at stake and about to be eliminated. The love of his life the Princess was also in danger.

He became one of the Ghost Masks. It's interesting thing  from the bts in the video is that he made 2 kills., one on the Left Minister's neck and the other at his right side of the body ( just to make sure he's more dead than dead ) which wasn't shown in the actual scene.

I've once said in MSG thread that in this scene I found Gyun Woo to be a very strong and brave person.. He was going through a very tough time but he faced everything very bravely and calmly..Sure, he was devastated inside but outside he was ready to fight every storm that comes his way. The writer wrote Guyn Woo with distinct charming qualities and Joo Won give this character the soul that it needed. 

I also thought that the second blow was not included..wanted to be sure..but now that you mentioned I don't need to confirm anymore. :) and.. I'm not sure but he was hugging Lee jung Shin at the end, right??

• Like 3

hello to all the JW fans here, am not new to JW since i've been a fan from his Baker King drama days albeit i must admit his role in that drama was kinda antagonist but he did well; then Ojakgyo brothers really made me fall more for him! :) these past few weeks i've been having a marathon of his dramas which unfortunately i was not able to watch while airing; just finished Gaksidal or Bridal Mask where once again he was awesome in every sense of the word, no wonder he's being called the drama rater? now am joining him here to keep me abreast of his latest where am sure we'll miss him for almost 2 yrs :( since he enlisted in his milit duties! we'll be waiting and fingers crossed before we know it he'll be back with another good/gr8 drama. i still hv to watch his very latest MSG! hope you can add me to your thread of regulars and will be back here for sure!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hibiscus23 said:

hello to all the JW fans here, am not new to JW since i've been a fan from his Baker King drama days albeit i must admit his role in that drama was kinda antagonist but he did well; then Ojakgyo brothers really made me fall more for him! :) these past few weeks i've been having a marathon of his dramas which unfortunately i was not able to watch while airing; just finished Gaksidal or Bridal Mask where once again he was awesome in every sense of the word, no wonder he's being called the drama rater? now am joining him here to keep me abreast of his latest where am sure we'll miss him for almost 2 yrs :( since he enlisted in his milit duties! we'll be waiting and fingers crossed before we know it he'll be back with another good/gr8 drama. i still hv to watch his very latest MSG! hope you can add me to your thread of regulars and will be back here for sure!

Hi @hibiscus23, welcome to this thread. :D While I'm also not a new JW fan, I'm quite new here in Soompi.. Joined here to talk in this thread and his latest drama MSG thread. Do share your thoughts about Joo Won or his drama anytime. You see, this thread is a bit less active these days. So the more we talk about JW and his works, the more color this thread will regain.

And when you start watching MSG, you may share your thoughts in MSG thread too. There are some nice people who enjoyed MSG as well as JW's performance.

And I hope we'll see you here often. :)

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

Hi @hibiscus23, welcome to this thread. :D While I'm also not a new JW fan, I'm quite new here in Soompi.. Joined here to talk in this thread and his latest drama MSG thread. Do share your thoughts about Joo Won or his drama anytime. You see, this thread is a bit less active these days. So the more we talk about JW and his works, the more color this thread will regain.

And when you start watching MSG, you may share your thoughts in MSG thread too. There are some nice people who enjoyed MSG as well as JW's performance.

And I hope we'll see you here often. :)

@flutterby06 many thanks for your warm welcome here! i'm new just on JW thread but been here a while & thought why don't i look for his thread since i'm into JW mode these days, luvd him in all his kdramas and i can't seem to pick one that didn't satisfy me at all woah, he's truly an awesome awesome guy, down to earth, always great interaction with his fans from some videos i've seen of him & i can go on & on! so far i've finished BM, YP, even his movie called Catch Me where he was too cute :) now starting to watch him in 7th Civil Servant and after this Cantabile ? something! yday i got bz d/loading his beautiful songs awwww speaking of his songs, his voice is just enough to melt your heart! LOL isn't there anything that he can't do? v v impressed with him! I'll try to have MSG on queue & i know i'm kinda late watching it but i'll get there & yes i'll try to share my thoughts about it, matter of fact i finished epis 1 so far but honestly i'm not a huge fan of epic dramas but i'll persevere when he's the lead :)

i hope to come often and oh boy there's about 2, 716 pages here i need to go back a few pages to see what i've missed :wub: i also watched his acceptance speech when he won an award for Yong pal and it was a v touching speech and he was in tears! let's all hope that he stays safe while doing his military duty and count the days for his return! :heart:

i still have to watch those eng subs that @rionae shared here and thanks & hi hi to you & everyone here JW cuties! :)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, hibiscus23 said:

@flutterby06 many thanks for your warm welcome here! i'm new just on JW thread but been here a while & thought why don't i look for his thread since i'm into JW mode these days, luvd him in all his kdramas and i can't seem to pick one that didn't satisfy me at all woah, he's truly an awesome awesome guy, down to earth, always great interaction with his fans from some videos i've seen of him & i can go on & on! so far i've finished BM, YP, even his movie called Catch Me where he was too cute :) now starting to watch him in 7th Civil Servant and after this Cantabile ? something! yday i got bz d/loading his beautiful songs awwww speaking of his songs, his voice is just enough to melt your heart! LOL isn't there anything that he can't do? v v impressed with him! I'll try to have MSG on queue & i know i'm kinda late watching it but i'll get there & yes i'll try to share my thoughts about it, matter of fact i finished epis 1 so far but honestly i'm not a huge fan of epic dramas but i'll persevere when he's the lead :)

i hope to come often and oh boy there's about 2, 716 pages here i need to go back a few pages to see what i've missed :wub: i also watched his acceptance speech when he won an award for Yong pal and it was a v touching speech and he was in tears! let's all hope that he stays safe while doing his military duty and count the days for his return! :heart:

i still have to watch those eng subs that @rionae shared here and thanks & hi hi to you & everyone here JW cuties! :)

WELCOME @hibiscus23... what a lovely surprise to know you came HOME to Joo Won.'s thread. I'm kinda new too but because i love his last drama MSG before his enlisting for MS, I just pop over here too because as you said, he's an awesome guy. That's why I wish all his old fans rush to come back and luft up the thread with their admiration and appreciation for him.

Wow...... you are a dedicated fan watching a lot of his dramas...... BM, YP, Catch Me , 7 civil and Cantabile.... ... !!  I'm especially glad you watched his acceptance speech for winning the Daesang for Yong Pal and how excellent he was. I''m a HUGE FAN of YP...... devoting almost a year of daily writing in the YP thread .... mostly a one man woman-show. I deserve an award too hahaha.

Today we had someone who previously asked whether MSG is good. Of course .... we told her and today... she was overjoyed to excitedly inform us she's on epi 23 and loving it so much. We chat with her about the episode she'd seen ( today was the kiss scene )

Have you heard the OST for MSG sung by Joo Won? We went ga ga over that. It's posted somewhere here but I'll save you the trouble and post them here for your instant listening pleasure.

I'll  post THREE versions.... all with different images. If you play on repeat just close your eyes and let his voice melt you. Please enjoy.

주원 (Joowon) - I Believe (엽기적인 그녀 My Sassy Girl OST) [Music Video]

[VIETSUB + ENGLISH] Joo Won - I Believe (My Sassy Girl OST Part.5)

Joo Won- I believe (ENG sub & español) My sassy girl OST part 5

• Like 3

@lavender2lovethx for the warm welcome! hahaha am i called a dedicated fan watching marathon of his dramas? i bet you guys are more dedicated than me (here). it's true i can't find any of his projects that would disappoint me/us am i wrong or whaaat? this guy is multi talented and need we say more? whoever (well we know he's dating BoA now) will capture his heart permanently that is would be THE LUCKY GIRL indeed, in one of his tv interviews i saw on YT he just wants an ordinary girl he's just too cool and down to earth, i think he's really a gr8 guy in person, can't wait to see him in the flesh :) i read one of the fans here was so lucky to meet him in person woah! aren't we jealous?

THANK YOUl for saving me the browsing of his latest MV I Believe, i kinda listened to it yday if you believe me from YT since i got engrossed listening to his other songs, it sure melt my heart! you know his song from BK made me buy the CD at that time i had no knowledge i cld burn these songs online and that song really made me love him more, his voice is to die for :) LOL I have been burning some of his songs from his dramas incldg BM so i will have it complete plus this one I Believe and i'd have his CD with compilation of his kdramas! Yes i watched his Daesang speech in english and one nice fan shared the link fr YT awww he was in tears mentioning about his halamonni (grandma).

I really would like to see MSG once i'm done with my marathon hahaha! although as i said earlier am not into epic but i'd like to see MSG for sure and give you my input next time! i think that movie Catch Me was cute i liked that actress too playing a little naive or dumb hahaha they've had a great chem and ahh who can forget YP with KTH? hmmmh luvd that drama too but BM really made me sleepless trying to finish it so fast hahaha

nice to meet all JW cuties here & TTYL

• Like 3

JW fans here's that vid that he sung 'nothing better' i stumbled upon just a few min ago, same song he did for KTH:

His voice is just soothing and i can listen to him w/o getting tired! if this is dup here pls bear w/me as i haven't really browsed through pages here! :)

cr: YT by Ppyong Team

• Like 3

11 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

@lavender2lovethx for the warm welcome! hahaha am i called a dedicated fan watching marathon of his dramas? i bet you guys are more dedicated than me (here). it's true i can't find any of his projects that would disappoint me/us am i wrong or whaaat? this guy is multi talented and need we say more? whoever (well we know he's dating BoA now) will capture his heart permanently that is would be THE LUCKY GIRL indeed, in one of his tv interviews i saw on YT he just wants an ordinary girl he's just too cool and down to earth, i think he's really a gr8 guy in person, can't wait to see him in the flesh :) i read one of the fans here was so lucky to meet him in person woah! aren't we jealous?

THANK YOUl for saving me the browsing of his latest MV I Believe, i kinda listened to it yday if you believe me from YT since i got engrossed listening to his other songs, it sure melt my heart! you know his song from BK made me buy the CD at that time i had no knowledge i cld burn these songs online and that song really made me love him more, his voice is to die for :) LOL I have been burning some of his songs from his dramas incldg BM so i will have it complete plus this one I Believe and i'd have his CD with compilation of his kdramas! Yes i watched his Daesang speech in english and one nice fan shared the link fr YT awww he was in tears mentioning about his halamonni (grandma).

I really would like to see MSG once i'm done with my marathon hahaha! although as i said earlier am not into epic but i'd like to see MSG for sure and give you my input next time! i think that movie Catch Me was cute i liked that actress too playing a little naive or dumb hahaha they've had a great chem and ahh who can forget YP with KTH? hmmmh luvd that drama too but BM really made me sleepless trying to finish it so fast hahaha

nice to meet all JW cuties here & TTYL

THESE PICS ARE PROBABLY " OLD " TO YOU BUT THEY'RE NEW TO ME.

The point is it's about sharing a bond.

Thank you for the Nothing Better video. I liove it to bits and he really sang his heart out for her.

17934406_1341865539240058_59380512904278

13767469_684129305067498_1079777639_n.jp

13725471_1008121625972699_2069038356_n.j

• Like 3

just came across this vid on YT and again if it happens to be a dup i hope it won't hurt for you guys to have it here again: :)

i think i love his slightly colored hair & haircut! he's just an eye candy am sure you guys will agree! :)cr: KBS World via YT

@lavender2love thx for the gorgeous pix you shared, actually it's not old to me since i hvnt seen those pix before! you're welcome for the vid and i'm just a huge fan also of his songs :)

here's another vid which am sure you guys must've seen already but it's new to me :)

lucky are these women who'd seen him in person, i think if i saw him in person they might hv to call SK police bc i wldnt know what to do LOL hahaha i'll lose it for sure! hahahaha

• Like 2

@hibiscus23 oh....... you are great. THAT is the video I was talking about , where they were crazy over his visit and at 3:58, one undergrad said  ( he ) made me wet......:blush:. bwahahahahhhaha....

Ques : " What is Kim Tae Hee like up close in person " Answer : " She is Pretty " ( ranking number 1 as most beautiful )

Ques : " Do you have a girlfriend ? "

Answer " No "

( @sagaseed, maybe you are right here ? )

Thank you..... LOL I'd probably watch the video again . :wub:

HAPPY VIEWING AND HAPPY DREAMING>

DFis-QJXsAYngME.jpg

DDnNovpUAAAAnyK.jpg

.c

20184996_293391237800418_436309563061724

• Like 2