• Created
  • Last Reply
Guest deepfriedbutter

No, that's saying:

1st Prize Winner: $1000 USD / Chance to become a JYP trainee

2nd Prize Winner: $500 USD / Chance to become a JYP trainee

3rd Prize Winner: $300 USD / Chance to become a JYP trainee

Netizen Popularity Winner: $300 USD

SPRIS Star Award: 1 year modeling contract with SPRIS / Chance to become a JYP trainee

It doesn't say how many people will be picked.

By the way-- I remember the confusion on this thread about how they decide the winners. In the end, the netizens don't matter at all, unless you're aiming for the $300 USD prize. Incorrect-- Your video affects 20% of your audition.

It's all up to the JYP Casting Team and SPRIS to decide who the winners are.

Guest NaNeunRandy

I know! Does this mean I have to post it like in august 5th?I need to practice still T^T

EDIT: Thanks for translating it deepfriedbutter

Azian Pride, youre wrong (not saying it in a mean way sweatingbullets.gif)

But I'm still confused with the thing and stuff

Guest bluebear847

mariel_joon - You can check to make sure your video was uploaded by searching for it using whatever title or tags you put on your video in the search bar at the top of the audition main page it is by the Daum tv icon at the top left corner then click button right next to it on the right and it should show up...you might have to search through a couple of videos because there might be other videos with similar tags or titles. If you need help finding it let me know and I will try to help find it for you. I'm not sure about specifically this audition but past Daum auditions with JYP after you submit your application you should get an email from Jyp/Daum that is a copy of your application, this means they received your app. Let me know if you can find your video!

deepfriedbutter - So I completely agree with your parents the audition details are too vague and some of it doesn't make sense in terms of I think people are getting confused with 2nd step and 2nd round. So this is how I interpreted how this audition is being run, but again this is my opinion so don't take it as the exact way its being held I don't know I'm just guessing from the info. So this audition seems to have a couple of ways to audition you can either audition online or in person at one of those cities listed with dates or do both which is why I think the city audition is technically called step 2. I think this because it only makes sense with the dates like you said people can audition online until the 28th and the city auditions are being held all the way up until the 28th. If the second round were the city auditions then it wouldn't make sense to have a second round going on at the same time as a first round. Which is why I think the automatic message is confusing on the videos, because it is an automatic message I think that it assumes you live in Korea and it is saying to show all your skills and energy also at the second step (technically not a second round) at the city auditions also. But obviously since we are foreigners we can't do that so we have to wait for the final round. I think after all of the auditions are done both online and city they will pick the people that will go into the final round which would technically be an official next round of auditions. This I assume will be in person so then if you don't live in Korea you will have to fly there. AGAIN, this is my opinion on how this audition is setup from the info that I saw but again all the info is very vague. But I am assuming if you make into the next round of auditions and they are interested they would contact you by email to see if you can come to Korea and not by an automatic message. Good Luck, hopefully your parents can clarify more of the info to but I wish the website was more specific and explain in more detail.

Mausoleum - Totally agree haha!

ohdangchang - See my answer to deepfriedbutter above sorry for the long paragraph. I think people are getting confused with step 2 and 2nd round of auditions. Step 2 is an option and as foreigners unless you fly to Korea you can't participate, but at least we can do the online audition. And depending on how badly they want to see you they might be willing to setup a different time to see you audition, but this would probably not be for this specific contest/audition because since it is also a contest it wouldn't be fair. But those are all details you would have to work out with JYP if they contact you for further auditioning.

XxAzianxPridexX & ohdangchang - deepfriedbutter's post is correct. There is no set amount of people who are going to the second round those are the contest places and prizes because this is a contest/audition. Also see my response to deepfriedbutter on my opinion on how this audition is setup, but again this is my opinion!

NaNeunRandy - Don't worry for sure you can upload videos up until the 28th. And all of us are kind of confused on exactly how this audition is setup. The info is pretty vague so we are all in the same boat :) But I think that everyone should think of it this way... most everybody cares about auditioning and not too much about the contest so either way the JYP casting team will see the videos and if they really like you they will contact you for further auditioning, the details and rules shouldn't matter too much as long as they see you audition. Also see my response to deepfriedbutter on my opinion on how this audition is setup, but again this is my opinion!

Guest ohdangchang

That does make sense, thanks for clearing thanks up bluebear847.

and does anyone know the process of getting a US passport and visa and stuff?

i have to renew mine and i heard it takes about 3-6 weeks. and on top of that you need to have it valid for at least

6 months fly to another country like korea before you can get a visa? How does that work, and thanks :]

Guest Justin5469

Hey guys I uploaded my audition couple of days ago and I was hoping you guys could vote for me and help me out. Here`s the link: http:

//tvpot.daum.net/clip/ClipView.do?clipid=25792516. I know its not that good but it was from a couple of months ago and im going to try to put a new one up soon hopefully :D . Please put your computer mouse on the video and click the thumbs up at the top of the video and always rate it for me haha thanks guys

Guest deepfriedbutter

My aunt found more information about the audition.

We're REQUIRED to attend the offline auditions. Although it's open to everyone, people who uploaded videos will have a 20% advantage over the people who didn't.

Check your emails (I found my JYP email in the spam section) and they send you your application back. JYP wants you to print it and you must bring that to your audition place. That's what they meant by audition numbers.

So the in-person audition will matter more than the videos themselves. If you pass the offline auditions, then you continue on into the finals.

JYP/SPRIS really needs to put this on the tvpot page, because my aunt found all this information on the JYP Audition Cafe. -_-

Anyways, I think it's too risky to spend thousands of dollars getting to Korea, just to attend an OPEN audition. I'm scared that they'll cut me off after 5 seconds of singing and send me off like the global auditions. :tears: I'm hoping they spend a decent amount of time on each individual, especially the ones who forked in the $$$ just to be there. I need to think about it harder...

- I also have another question.. :sweatingbullets: I uploaded my second video, but do I have to send another application in? It won't go in because it says my Daum ID was already used the first time around. The obvious answer is that I don't have to, but I'm just making sure. :P Thanks.

Guest NaNeunRandy

My aunt found more information about the audition.

We're REQUIRED to attend the offline auditions. Although it's open to everyone, people who uploaded videos will have a 20% advantage over the people who didn't.

Check your emails (I found my JYP email in the spam section) and they send you your application back. JYP wants you to print it and you must bring that to your audition place. That's what they meant by audition numbers.

So the in-person audition will matter more than the videos themselves. If you pass the offline auditions, then you continue on into the finals.

JYP/SPRIS really needs to put this on the tvpot page, because my aunt found all this information on the JYP Audition Cafe. -_-

Anyways, I think it's too risky to spend thousands of dollars getting to Korea, just to attend an OPEN audition. I'm scared that they'll cut me off after 5 seconds of singing and send me off like the global auditions.  :tears: I'm hoping they spend a decent amount of time on each individual, especially the ones who forked in the $$ just to be there. I need to think about it harder...

- I also have another question..  :sweatingbullets: I uploaded my second video, but do I have to send another application in? It won't go in because it says my Daum ID was already used the first time around. The obvious answer is that I don't have to, but I'm just making sure. :P Thanks.

Woahh! Thank you deepfriedbutter! Your aunt speak Korean and read it also. Lucky you.

Also do we have to attend the online auditions? I do not want to spend 1 thousand dollars just for one day (because I do not want to spend more money to go to a hotel xD).

Guest deepfriedbutter

^No problem.

? What do you mean by attending an online audition? That's just uploading your video onto tvpot. The videos play a factor when the JYP/SPRIS team judge you at the open/in-person (aka offline) audition. The ones who make it will go to the final round.

Either way, if you decide to go, you'll be forced to spend a lot of money. This was made so convenient for the Koreans in Korea, but not so much for us.. :tears:

Guest bluebear847

^No problem.

? What do you mean by attending an online audition? That's just uploading your video onto tvpot. The videos play a factor when the JYP/SPRIS team judge you at the open/in-person (aka offline) audition. The ones who make it will go to the final round.

Either way, if you decide to go, you'll be forced to spend a lot of money. This was made so convenient for the Koreans in Korea, but not so much for us.. :tears:

Dang! I can't believe that the offline auditions are mandatory...I'm glad you and your aunt clarified that. But I agree how misleading they really need to put that kind of stuff on the front page of the audition site, Geez. Oh wellz, I guess if you really want people could go to Korea and audition but since there is no guarantee its pretty risky to spend so much money like you said. Maybe people can vacation in Korea after they do the audition to make it worth it haha. The only upside I can think of is maybe if someone uploads like an awesome video and there is no way for them to ignore it, and that person can't make it to the offline auditions for this contest, they would try to contact them for a separate second round...but that's only wishful thinking :) Sorry everybody but keep trying and you can always audition through the official JYP online audition site ;)

Guest Kei1512

So wait, is it only after you pass the first round then you have to attend the offline auditions, or you have to attend it either way if you want a shot at this?

... If it's the latter, that's not good at all...

Guest Mariel1430271425

bluebear847tnx again for the help..but i cant find my video..i already received the email by the jyp...but i cant really find my video..waahh..do i need to upload again my video??help me pls..tnx!^^

Guest Mariel1430271425

can someone help me..everytime i upload my video..i always get this when i click submit..waahh.. "Daum요즘에 가입하여야

정상적으로 동영상이 접수됩니다"..whats wrong??what does it means??does my video already uploaded in the site??...im really confused..im always logged in whenever i upload my video..but still i always get this..wah..what should i do??!!tnx!

EDIT:

wah..i already sent in my video and i can find it on the site..woah..(tnx..)..but i have one last question..does the application form must be sent only once??because i already submit my application before i upload my video..is that ok??or should i submit again a application??

Guest NaNeunRandy

Aww. I guess we can't really audition for it. But I still going to try. IF (i hope tears.gif ) I pass the 1st round, Im not going to Korea. I'm just going to use it as experience. And then I'm going to audition for the online audition and put "Passed 1st Round of 7th JYP Audition with SPRIS". But thats IF I passed it (probably not. phew.gif )

Guest Mausoleum

So wait, the online audition is just in ADDITION to the offline first round? O___O So basically... it doesn't count as anything unless you actually go to Korea?

*sighs* I really wish they'd put that on their tvpot site. XD

Guest Munchkins

Ok, so I read the entire site for this audition and it states that posting up your video is OPTIONAL. Not required at all. If you do, however, post up a video, it will give you an extra 20% when you go to the offline auditions. If you don't post a video, you just don't get that small advantage. Also, the application is for the OFFLINE auditions which are MANDATORY. Which basically means that the offline auditions, held in Korea, is the FIRST ROUND. So even if you "try" and post up a video, it's not going to mean anything unless you go to the offline auditions. The JYP staff will most likey not even look at most of the videos.

This isn't really "open" to foreigners as it is held in Korea. Also, school is going to start for most of us soon, which makes it even harder to convince our parents to let us fly to Korea for the FIRST ROUND. This is just like going to Korea to audition for them during their open auditions. Except you get a little help from the video you post up. Other than that, there's really nothing different. So unless you're super pretty/handsome, awesome vocal and dance skills, demanding charisma, etc., it's not worth it to go to Korea for this.

Just posted this to clear up some misunderstandings and stuff.

Guest NaNeunRandy

Ok, so I read the entire site for this audition and it states that posting up your video is OPTIONAL. Not required at all. If you do, however, post up a video, it will give you an extra 20% when you go to the offline auditions. If you don't post a video, you just don't get that small advantage. Also, the application is for the OFFLINE auditions which are MANDATORY. Which basically means that the offline auditions, held in Korea, is the FIRST ROUND. So even if you "try" and post up a video, it's not going to mean anything unless you go to the offline auditions. The JYP staff will most likey not even look at most of the videos.

This isn't really "open" to foreigners as it is held in Korea. Also, school is going to start for most of us soon, which makes it even harder to convince our parents to let us fly to Korea for the FIRST ROUND. This is just like going to Korea to audition for them during their open auditions. Except you get a little help from the video you post up. Other than that, there's really nothing different. So unless you're super pretty/handsome, awesome vocal and dance skills, demanding charisma, etc., it's not worth it to go to Korea for this.

Just posted this to clear up some misunderstandings and stuff.

Oh Okay. Thanks for clearing this up for us. I gave all my personal info to Daum all for nothing dry.gif

Thank you. Now I'm just going to do Mail Audition thanks!

Guest Mariel1430271425

hello!!!i have a question (sorry for so many questions..wahaa..)

when i check my uploaded video...i got this message under my vid..

"JYPE신인개발팀입니다. 공채 7기 오디션에 지원해 주셔서 감사합니다. 동영상 심사가 완료되었습니다. 본 오디션은 동영상 업로드 후, 지원서를 제출하시면 1차 접수가 완료 됩니다. 지역예선 시간은 JYP 오디션 카페에서 확인하시기 바랍니다. 지역예선 전까지 본인의 끼를 보여줄 다른 영상 많이 올려주세요. 지역예선 장에서 뵙겠습니다. 감사합니다.^^"

i dont get it..what does it means???^^tnx again!

Guest Munchkins

hello!!!i have a question (sorry for so many questions..wahaa..)

when i check my uploaded video...i got this message under my vid..

"JYPE신인개발팀입니다. 공채 7기 오디션에 지원해 주셔서 감사합니다. 동영상 심사가 완료되었습니다. 본 오디션은 동영상 업로드 후, 지원서를 제출하시면 1차 접수가 완료 됩니다. 지역예선 시간은 JYP 오디션 카페에서 확인하시기 바랍니다. 지역예선 전까지 본인의 끼를 보여줄 다른 영상 많이 올려주세요. 지역예선 장에서 뵙겠습니다. 감사합니다.^^"

i dont get it..what does it means???^^tnx again!

This is roughly what it says.

"This is the JYPE Team. Thank you for participating in our 7th audition. Your video has been reviewed. After you upload a video, please submit an application. Please check your qualifying time in the JYP Cafe. Until the qualifying round, please submit many other abilities that you have. We will see you at the qualifying round. Thank you. ^^"

Archived