[Drama 2011] The Musical 더 뮤지컬

siidudul

Guest eunhye05

shades_blue -To HJ- Wake up dummy! (I AGREE!) I was so annoyed that nothing really happened with him this episode. Hope he finally comes to his senses and we'll see something nice between him and EB soon! On the other hand I also agree that its nice EB told YJ right away. I guess coming from someone who's also been abandoned it's prob something she would have wanted to know right away too. I love how she supported him throughout that difficult scene.

jjforever - Yes loved Granny and EB together. :) So sweet! You're jumping ship too? Uh Oh...maybe the show really is changing Kdrama history and letting 2nd male leads ship sail!

kgrl43 I agree PKW really did show off his acting chops! He's more lead actor material right now IMO. As much as I like shipping EB/YJ I'm also going through JY/EB withdrawals. I can't take it anymoreee!!!!!

myonenonly & hyesun4lyf - whats this talk of a ginger ale Musical watching party? haha. Wait i wanna come over too. Is there such a thing like hot ginger ale? I need something for my colds right now. hehe Wasn't able to stream the show live last night as something really urgent came up at the last minute. :( Anyways, made sure not to go to bed without watching it. Im so sleepy so hope it still makes some sense. lol (thanks to semifly for the download links ;) ) Here are my random thoughts:

- Fillers? We're getting the same last 10 mins of the previous episode. drat. nothing new yet. see this is why we shouldnt have long waits between episode. There's the need to update the viewers with whats happening. They they repeated the scenes with SA and HJ!  Why? WHY? WHY are they repeating footage of HJ and SA? We've already seen this before. Was this during the times when the filming of the drama was unstable and thus they had to use fillers? Oh dear! so sad! Honestly I'm a bit disappointed that they repeated these scenes. :S

- Yey! Eun bi finally visits the Yoo's and finds YJ's picture on the side table. (Doesn't he look dashing in that pic)  Now it's a matter of "To Tell Jin or not to Tell Jin."  I find it cute that she and jin are texting like good friends. I think she also invited him to Daegu right? Oh he likes that idea doesn't he. hehe.

- Did RK just hire a PI to look into EunBi? Why is she looking at her file?  what's written under special skills/education that's *GASP* worthy? Perhaps she found out that EunBi is also from Daegu?

- One thing about watching Kdramas is the food. I want piping hot ramen right now thanks to the Yoo Men! YUM!

- So EunBi and YooJin are on a Cake/Coffee date... where she breaks the news about his mom to him. Maybe it was right that EunBi was the one to tell him since he's all warm and understanding now compared to back then. I love how EB was sorta the catalyst for their reunion too.

- Meanwhile RK is on a roll ready to win back her man! Poor RK. She did try to tell him. He was just being stubborn back then and wouldn't listen. tsktsk

- KH indeed does find out about HJ while browsing the net. (Why hello there SW we've missed you for some episodes) 

- I think SA is being too forward with her approach in winning JY. hmmm. she plays innocent so well too. I want to like her but I really want HJ and EB to find their way back to each other more. It also creeps me out that she's doing all the wifey duties and wearing that apron around. 

- OK more drama for poor YJ. That scene when he walks into his parents house with EB and he holds her hand to have her stay with him...eeeep! My heart skipped a beat...even while she held as he sees his mom in her state. That scene was just heartbreaking when his mom no longer recognizes him and he had to witness her breakdown.

- After all the drama it seems like now all that's to be done for Jin and his dad is apologize and proceed with accepting the circumstances. PKW is a really good actor. His scenes were really the most challenging in the episode. Goodjob!

- In the meantime, both uncle and cousin are the exact opposites of YJ and Father. Shame on the former! Schemers. Liars. Manipulators.Tsktsk

- Wonder what EB and her Grandma were talking about. Is she worried about Jin?

- RK scene was painful too when she overhears HJ talking to EB. Poor RK. I'm also rooting for you so don't worry. I believe you'll still have Jin since EB is meant for HJ. (I think?!)

- EB and Grandma are so sweet. Awww. I want more moments with them.

- Looks like someone's missing EBs milk deliveries. lol. Thanks SW for noticing. 

- Search for Omma.:(  How awkward that RK.YJ.EB are in the same car together. yikes!

- KH vs SA! Now there's your match! Hahaha.Cant wait for more fireworks between these two vixens. Thank God HJ didnt do anything when SA kissed him though. Good boy HJ! Reign it in! lol

- I think we'll still get to see the Gumiho staged since AssDirJung is our man! Woohooo! And goodjob bringing in the veteran! Not sure if he can pull off Dowha though? I kid! lol 

I miss the music in the show. It focused too much on resolving all the conflict. Then again that's good since we're on the last stretch now. Seriously with what's happening now plus the preview it feels like YJ-EB is more possible than JY-EB. 

Drama gods.... please please get JY-EB together in Epi13. If not...you better give me 20 episodes for theMusical and not just 16. I'm serious! 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YJ and EB all the way, I would love for at least one drama to break the mold and ship the second lead male with the lead female. Let it be the Musical please !

Yay! Count me in :lol:

Never in my history of watching K-drama i would go for the 2nd lead male, YJ-EB combined gradually win me over ( Yess, i was HJ-EB ship before..haha), may be i just don't like the fact that actually both HJ&EB are selfish person without them knowing it. They are hardly to understand each other, that was frustrated! My wish is whoever EB end up with, they will do it very well, without "eh?" word on my tongue :D

Watched episode 12 & feeling...blah! Well, for starters they repeated some scenes from episode 11. What's up with that? Not only on the first 15 min of run but in between new scenes. I don't get it. It was not edited right?..or repeated to make it through 16 episodes.  tongue2.gif   

At JY's house- SA is playing goodie wifee of JY.  :angry:   She's fattening him with meals & snacks..can't blame her for there's a thing about "a way through a man's heart is through his stomach". Then she's making him into -a couch potato slacker- with watching DVDs & him sleeping at daylight. Ughh! I hate men like this. JY what's happening with you? You should be out there on guard for EB-..if you want her back?

:wub: Thank you for not reciprocating SA's kiss. lols..

YJ's cousin is so irritating. How could YJ trust this guy & let him sneak up on him?

It was so heartbreaking   :tears:  to see YJ's reaction when he finally came face to face with his parents, esp. upon knowing his Mom's illness. That's why he tried to hold on to EB's hand for support. While RK is in a rush to reach to YJ's side hoping she could still explain her side for not telling him the truth. Poor RK for finding it that her boyfriend probably has feelings for another woman inspite of 10yrs of relationship could not seal the deal for a hopeful marriage. It's probably the AD's luck he called her in time when she's at her lowest moment. RK needed someone to talk to. :( 

The car scene was so awkward fo me.  :phew:  EB sat beside YJ, while RK was at the back seat. In real life EB probably sat at the back in respect to RK's relationship with YJ. But then again the writer probably wants to torture the EB/JY shippers. lols..

EB & her grandma shows a very loving relationship. I would do the same if my granny was still alive. There's this scene of EB in her bed after YJ called her, I didn't get why her reaction was to hold her head that tight...somewhat like "I had enough?"  :w00t: 

Between SA & BKH, looks like two pinkberryes will be head to head with the prize trophy- HJY.  :wacko:   It would be interesting to know who will win this cat fight. How lucky can you be JY?

I'm hoping that JY & EB will be honest enough to admit their feelings for each other like "I miss you so much darling!" Please let it out! Enough of this pride.

Dear writer,(The Musical)

Can you reunite our leading lady & her leading man in the next episode? Please!!!! There's not much episodes left. We want kissing, smooching, hugging, spooning in the couch, piggyback rides & romantic dinners!!!!

Please consider. Thanks. :wub:  

Guest kayana20

I give up I cannot take the angst. I just felt it was over after episode 10. Truly upset HJ will probably not get the girl because of simple misunderstandings and because she is so blind to not see how much he loves her. I understand you want your career but love and that are 2 different things. I don't really get the connection with YJ and he is nice so I won't say nothing bad. they do bore me together though because him and Eb are so much alike. I will be back at episode 16 and see if what always happens in k-drama's happens. I do hope if this station continues to run one episode drama's they don't misleading post the main couple when it's truly another.After episode 9 it's supposed to be obvious who loves who while this is confusing me lol. I cannot wait till Take Care Of us Captain comes on either yay.

Guest juzzmynick

I ship between JY and SA wub.gif, SA so care to JY, and she will do anything for him.

YJ and Eun Bi so good together smile.gif, they support each other and they have similar experience about their family.

Ra Kyung, it's time to wake up now mad.gif, leave YJ and find the one that really care about you.

Actually I want BKH or SA for JY, but since BKH already pass her chance long time ago, so right now is SA time for JY. 

SA-JY forever wub.gif

I've seen no evidence in the first 12 episodes that allows me to stray from making the following predictions:

The character "ASA" is the woman who will actually turn out to be the love of the lead actor's life. Eun-bi will be with Yoo Jin, Ra-kyung will be with the director, the "diva" will eventually return her husband's affections, EB wil see to it that YJ returns to his family, and everyone will be a better person for having come under the spell of Go Eun-bi. :P

These dramas are generally about putting the pieces back together or where they originally belonged. This seems to me to be the most likely scenerio.

P.S. I really like Choo So Young, the actress. It will be great to see her getting Goo Hye Sun's man this time around. :)

Guest shades_blue

Hello Musical peeps! I’ve had this song on my brain for awhile and it seemed to somewhat fit for a weepy YJ MV this week. (j-j-forever I haven’t forgotten about your song suggestion, I’m waiting to use it until the last ep!) There is absolutely no material for a JY video from ep 12, and I refuse to put “that girl” in an MV for more than 2 seconds. No offense to those who actually like her (juzzmynick! robbo4!ph34r.gif), but she’s in the way of my OTP, and turning JY into a couch potato (per myonenonly!) so I only want her to go away. Yes, I’m still bitter about yesterday’s episode! Thank God though, for PKW. I really really heart him. 

The only explanation I can think of for the SA character is that they want to show that the playboy JY is truly in love with EB, since he'll have to rebuff a woman who otherwise might be just right for him. I refuse to believe that they brought in a character at episode 11 that will somehow end up with the MALE LEAD, who has already confessed his love for the female lead, especially since all signs point to EB being in love with JY (remember last week?) and she hasn't shown anything but friendship towards YJ. 

Still, I’m with myonenonly and eunhye05, I need me some JY/EB lovin’ in the next episode or I’m going to lose faith in the giant storyboard heart. The only thing keeping me going is that we still haven’t seen the EB/JY possible kiss scene from the BTS pics. I really am a crankypants this week! (eunhye05 did you give me your cold? Can I join you and hyesun4lyf for some of myonenonly’s organic ginger ale, maybe with a little something special in it…er…like brandy?! blink.gif)

I understand the YJ/EB shippers but I completely agree with kgrl43, that when Eun Bi and Jae Yi are being adorable together NOTHING beats it for me, even an irresistibly crushing Yoo Jin. wub.gif Who knows how this drama will end though?! How can we still be confused by episode 12?! I'm going crazy!

C’mon show! Make me happy next week! I can’t tap dance for the drama gods like drmjs, but I do a mean hopscotch, with lots of arm flailing. 

*edit - sorry if some can't link to the YJ MV, SBS blocked it in a bunch of countries and I don't know how to get around that. ph34r.gif

just watched the episode 12 seems like YJ already falled for EB, the new girl is very very annoying she is flirting HJ. hmm i think that HJ will now be awake after seeing EB in the hospital supporting YJ, maybe its too late to correct the cold treatment that he had been showing EB. even i like YJ for EB, my heart still you HJ :) FIGHTING HJ

Guest shades_blue

im trying to look for the pic posted in this forum that EB is kissing HJ while sleeping. can anybody post it again?

I refrained from posting this pic again in my post because I've probably posted it one too many times already....but since you asked! phew.gif

whaaa.jpg

Some Thoughts...

Hokay, I was unable to watch the LS because of my neighbor. 'See, I have this techie neighbor who styles himself as the next Steve Jobs or uhmm..Mark Zuckerberg...so he likes himself to believe...he has a room full of gadgets. Hehehe, errr...you would think that I would be enjoying some perks from him right? Wrong! Nada! Zilch!  What I often get are blasted power shortages when he tinkers around! Last Friday was torture...as I was waiting patiently for the LS, the next thing I knew was...sitting in total darkness with my laptop as a flashing beacon of hope...lessness!  I had no internet connection!  Darn it!  No christmas present for you this year!  I waited for 4 long, agonizing hours before power was fully restored...of course TM episode 12 has come and gone. So...thanks for the links guys, Sue, eunhye05 and shades_blue for your recaps...

RK, my dear, don't you think it's time to throw in the towel?

Honestly, I do not know how RK would fare with YJ after this...their relationship just went from bad to worse! On hindsight, I have wondered why RK kept the horrible news about Sunghee to herself, it's true, Jin's dad asked her to keep it a secret, but she should have known better. Jin has suffered a lot when his parents abandoned him. He once had two loving parents, then he had none. He had to grow up fast and man-up in order to face responsibilities attached to his name...his heritage. He became cold and arrogant, a facade, to ward off future hurts. RK saw all these, she knew of his devastation...yet she chose to keep the secret to herself. It's sad and somewhat cruel. Did they lose all real communication about the time Jin was abandoned? 10 years together wasted. What a miserable epitaph to a decade long relationship...I feel bad for RK.

YJ + EB = Big heart? Errmm...maybe the writers switched the heart sizes on their story board? :phew: 

YJ & EB connected because they share the same experiences, they were both abandoned by people they love...so it's really not a long shot to conclude that they have major trust issues...EB is all about being afraid to dive into relationships; YJ is all about not knowing whom to trust. Episode 12 was particularly moving...YJ gained back what he lost, he allowed himself to trust again...EB did that for him. Maybe the reason why YJ seems unconciously drawn to EB is because of her courage and honesty, traits that he wished he had in abundance, while trying to understand his parents' actions.

Likewise, YJ's reconciliation with his parents represents hope for EB, I think it proved that she was right all along, there were really unavoidable reasons why her mom left her. In her mind, she needs some form of resolution in order for her to fully trust and love someone...hmmm, maybe. 

What was very evident in this episode was YJ's deepening affection for EB. What would compel a guy to drop everything and meet up with someone?  He actually admitted that he missed her and that he'd like to see where she grew up! (He really doesn't beat around the bush.) Awww...so ok buster you'd better make a clean break with RK if you want to pursue EB...you owe them that much.  EB, on the other hand, seems to be reciprocating, against her better judgement, she called him and went out of her way to tell him about his mom's condition, she actually cares. (May I just say that PKW killed this episode...props to him, great piece of controlled acting dude!). When YJ held on to EB due to uncertainty, as if she was his only lifeline, when EB literally supported him as he realized the extent of his mom's illness, when YJ's first instinct was to call, apologize & thank EB after the debacle...these were all very tender moments between the two. I know, I know... he is the second male lead...and I'm getting my hopes up again but who knows? The writers may just pull out a surprise for us...or not! Hehehe!

How do we solve a problem like Hong Jae Yi?

HJ with ASA feels contrived. I understand that big money was invested on HJ to produce pop songs, but ASA acting like his personal maid, while supervising his work, just looks plain ridiculous (Oh and she had to wear that apron!) To top it all off, she is also a long lost childhood friend who secretly has the hots for him, but whom he barely remembers (Uhm... daggers to the heart ASA!). She seems to be a nice and lovely girl; she can toe the line for HJ plus she is able to keep him on his toes (hmmm...too many toes!) anyway, I love how she went after BKH... like she was just dusting off crumbs from her apron! lol! BKH was flabbergasted! Way to go ASA! However, there are also some moments where her attentions to HJ felt more like Glenn Close's in "Fatal Attraction!" lol!  I agree with your assessment myonenonly, why is HJ bumming around? The problem I could see with the HJY character is, he's in danger of being forgotten in the storyline. He is just shown to be suffering from the consequences of his rash & inebriated actions. His story barely registers and he's the main male lead!  With only 4 eppys to go, I hope that we will be able to see a 180 degree change for the better. Well...in BOF, they were able to squeeze in everything that happned in Meteor Garden Season 2 into just 2 episodes, so I guess we have 2 more episodes to spare? lol! Talk about cutting it close. I guess this will now show us what separates the exceptionally good writers from the mediocre ones...TM writers fighting! I used to ship EB & HJY...truly! (I found DC sooo cute, In the begining, I even ended up watching BFB while waiting for the next TM eppy) But now, I'm disappointed at how this character evolved, I am continually bothered by his weaknesses and his series of bad decisions. I guess I'm used to seeing strong main male characters in K dramas more than the seemingly realistic ones hehehe. When will he become the partner EB truly deserves?

There are a lot of loose ends...and they keep on bringing in new characters...ugh! Enough already! So we again have a new investor eager to ressurect the Gumiho project? I hope they're successful this time! Hmmm...shades_blue are you going to tap dance along with me while waiting for eppy 13? I will no longer mention s_ _ _ _ r, less SBS would again schedule some errrmm...games! Four more episodes...TM enthusiasts...let's keep the faith! Fighting!!!

Guest hyesun4lyf

Glad to hear from you again, drmjs.  I thought you have given up on this drama.  It was just your neighbor to blame then. w00t.gif

As what shades_blue, kgirl43, myonenonly, kiefshi1056 bravely declared, I still have faith in EB/JY ending up together.  It may only be 4 episodes left but hopefully the writers had it all figured out.  I want to see JY grow up or rather, become his age in terms of dealing with his life, career and love.  His being locked up by SA as per the signed contract is a bit too overboard but I really hope KH will be the one to unravel this mystery and rescue him from SA's clutches and deliver him to EB...keke.  JY's sleeping most of the time sure is a sign of depression and he really needs to get out of the house and get some fresh Daegu air. crazy.gif  I hope episode 13 will make sure of that.  EB went to Daegu to recover from the shock of seeing JY with another woman just when she's beginning to realize she's falling in love with him.  This is still her reason for being there but the Yoo family's tragedy is a distraction but will probably help her out in realizing her true feelings for both JY and YJ.

RK will really need a big heart to still hang on to YJ.  That first shot at the coffe place with EB and YJ, I think he already kind of made a declaration of his growing interest in EB.  Cue in the background music..."Out of the Blue" by MLTR and methinks it is what he is feeling right now for EB...  My heart really ached for RK when she overheard him talking to EB on the phone that night. ohmy.gif

PKW was the man of the hour in this episode.  His acting was really convincing and anyone watching this for the first time would think he is the male lead.  

eunhy05, I hope you're feeling better, sweetie, and thanks for your lovely scene by scene recap.  It always crack me up.

TheMu, fighting!  May the drama gods smile upon us this Friday.  I'd love to see drmjs and shades_blue dance or do the hopscotch with arms a-flailing to make us all happy this Friday. w00t.gifw00t.gif 

Guest ms.KPOP.LOVE

Hi Everyone,

The Musical Episode 11 and 12 English Soft-Sub Subtitle are out.

theMusical.jpg

The Musical 1-12 English Subtitle can be found Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:-

URL: http://www.darksmurf...e-musical-2011/

Please visit the link for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project. CTS Project is about FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

Guest shades_blue

Geez, I’m glad I don’t have your neighbor drmjs!  Brilliant post as usual! Of course I’m still a passenger on that ship with hyesun4lyfkgirl43myonenonly, and kiefshi1056, so I’m holding firm in my belief that JY is going to win the love battle in the end, but it doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy an infatuated Jin. That song is totally perfect hyesun4lyf! I’m so confused by this drama that I have no idea what’s going to happen in the next 4 episodes. Is the hospital that Jin's mother is at in Daegu? If so, since JY shows up there per the preview, does it mean that he finally goes after her? 

Outside of JY, not even Eun Bi’s character development has been half as interesting as Jin’s, and that’s so weird. I’m of the mind of eunhye05, if JY/EB don’t have scenes together in ep 13,  we’re going to really lament that we aren’t getting 20 episodes, because I think we’ll get an extremely rushed ending. 

I still have faith that the writers will somehow give us a satisfying conclusion though, whatever that may be, and I will hopscotch on the ceiling while drmjs tap dances if I get what I want this Friday! We haven’t heard any news about the s-word or random award shows yet, so hopefully it’s a good sign! TheMu! Fighting!! w00t.gif

Archived