[Drama 2011] The Musical 더 뮤지컬

siidudul

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching ep 14 & ep 15 preview I think now I can see more clearly abt YJ feelings for EB. I think he is not in love with EB but he love her courauge as well as the spirit she injected in him to do exactly what HE wants instead of doing things everyone wants him to do....She gave him the courage to go even against his grandfather....and especially his mother last advice to him are exactly what EB is doing, I think he sees her as his strength, he cares for her but I dun think he's in love with her yet. I dun think he didnt feels anything for RK but for now he just want to be by himself, doing what he wants to do without a burden of an insecure gf who checking on him everytime.

As for HJY, there's no doubt he thinks the world of EB, and seems like EB is beginning to give in to him...and hopefully tho she thinks the world of BKH career wise, EB will stand against her when it comes to HJY

hello Musical Lovers :)

@drmjs thanks for lovely compliment I really appreciate it :)

@hyesunlyf thanks dear for the viki link and for watching MV :) I do love me some ChoiSun

@shades_blue your welcom dear that dress was perfect for GHS thanks and RIP Andre Kim

Ku Hye Sun gives into Choi Daniel’s love on The Musical

December 17, 2011 12:15 pm ilnungcha

ku-hye-sun1.jpg

Ku Hye Sun finally gave into Choi Daniel’s confession of love.

On the pisode of SBS TV’s The Musical that aired on December 16, Ko Eunbi(played by Ku Hye Sun) finally opened her heart to Hong Jay(played by Choi Daniel)’s love confession.

She previously revealed her feelings for Hong Jay’s kiss confession with tears. She said, “I always dreamt of singing and performing with Bae Kang Hee but when I was singing next to her, my brain kept being peculiar…”

Hong Jay asked, “You thought of me right?” and gave her a loving stare. She revealed, “I figured it out when I was singing Do Hwa’s song. Everybody just kept saying…” Hong Jay answered, “That it’s my love confession.”

Eunbi continued, “I don’t really know what love is. So…” Hong Jay asked, “You never received love and never loved someone right?”

Eunbi replied, “Yes… but I’m going to try because you are loving someone and you are the one giving it to me. I would like to receive it very much.” and leaned herself on Jay’s back and smiled. In other words, she gave in to Jay’s love.

In this broadcast however, Yoo Jin(played by Park Gi Woong) confesses his love to Eunbi after breaking up with Ra Kyung(played by Ki Eun Sae) and aroused curiosity on how the love line will be developed before the end of the series.

Source: TV Report

@lxands it looks like from this article YJ did love her poor him :(

Have a happy weekend :)

ho ho ho!!! just returned from a marathon day of X-mas shopping and sat down to watch Ep 14. Wow, lots going on in this episode between all of the key players, feelings being sorted out, and major decisions being made, leading us to the final two episodes and conclusion to this amazing story. Will wait for the subs to get the details, but the one scene that really stood out for me was when Eunbi wore the beautiful costume by Andre Kim. It's so grand and breathtaking, characteristic of most of his creations, and to see Eunbi in this costume gave me goosebumps! Andre Kim was a great fan of KHS and she was one of the stars that was honored at his last Christmas Fantasy Show, and in this scene, she looked kind of ethereal and had an "aura" about her dressed in this magnificent creation that must have been one of the last pieces that he fashioned before his passing. And in it, she sang such a heart wrenching rendition of the Gumiho song, from the bottom of her heart, a song that was written by the man she's falling in love with. I agree with you lxands - Ep 14 was all about truth, courage, and love, and wow, the stage is now set for what looks to be a major showdown between all of the key characters!! SBS please let us see TM to its conclusion with no cancellations! Oh and one more thing: thought it was so cute that EB's hometown friend is now close to Bokja and appears to be worried about her getting thin? ha ha!! :lol:

@lxands it looks like from this article YJ did love her poor him :(

Have a happy weekend :)

Yeah, poor YJ...how I wish he still have a chance with but well HJY still deserve to win EB's love...afterall if its not becos of him, YJ wudnt even has the chance to get to know the real EB...I think he needs time for himself without grandpa, uncle, cousin & RK on his back...maybe when he's in control of his life doing things he wants, there's a chance he will appreciate RK better...

Gosh...honestly I still wants YJ  to be with EB more, but HJY is too cute to resist...

i think people are going to kill me out there... but i think the chemistry fizzled out in ep 14 for JY and EB for me. Yes I wanted them so badly to get together... however, for EB, to cry bec she couldn't express herself, and for EB to talk to JY's back -- i still don't really get why a red hot blooded JY would accept such baby steps in love from EB. :crazy: The final ep/next preview seems to be about the musical and not about EB actually smiling from ear to ear in love... like Daniel Choi's glowing face always reveals. It still feels like that nervous twitch look on her face or a fake laugh to break silence. Or maybe that's just my thoughts of the character. I hope they can write a better ending!

Guest hyesun4lyf

Edited: Hi to all!  I'm itching to post my thoughts but cheerko just posted her completed translation here 

Happy reading! 

Endless thanks to cheerko for this great job of translating and including the lyrics of the songs played in some scenes and her thoughts. wub.gif

lablyness thank a lot becouse provide the link.... but i want 2 find soft sub becouse i already download the RAW file know i wait for softsub to be reales but softsub stuck at ep 6 i dont know why...........that why la i ask anyone that know where i can find softsub but if i cannot find it online watch is only optiob for know until i can find softsub

Some Thoughts

So it seems that TM will finally bow-out on December 23 with 15 episodes as opposed to the original 20. This is such a beautifully written drama; it did not deserve the kind of treatment it got from SBS. I know, we should be grateful to them; that the drama actually saw the light of day after being in the can for a long time, but it also endured a lot - a bad time slot (hence the dismal ratings), episodes meeting the chopping board, hokay, I'd like to say...lousy editing and two soccer matches to boot. The real essence of the drama somewhat got diluted...I feel so bad for the actors, they were spectacular.

Yoo Jin - His story came full circle. He became his own man and he is honoring his late mom's wishes. It's wonderful to see how he is actively pursuing his happiness. I want to see him happy. (As the second male lead, surprisingly, his story was fully fleshed-out. Maybe that's the reason why he garnered a fanbase.)

Eun Bi - She needs to find some form of resolution where her mom is concerned. When her mom left her, she became emotionally crippled, specifically, she developed major abandonment issues. It's the singular most important incident that is stopping her from actually trusting and fully loving someone. Uhmm...yes there seems to be progress lately...one baby step at a time. I think we're getting there. Isn't it ironic, for someone so emotionally repressed, she longs to be a musical actress...errmm...to have one of the most histrionic and definitively flamboyant jobs on the stage...go figure!

Hong Jay - Honestly, the writers didn't do this character justice. I feel that he lacked a certain depth, he will eventually end up with the emotionally crippled one and yet we see him errr...falling short. He may be a musical prodigy but we also see him resting on his laurels! It's as if things are just too easy for him (even up to the point when he gave up the copyrights for the music he made for the idols..uhmm...that's not much...well...because he is a prodigy, he can keep on making songs and he can keep on profiting from them!) I don't know...maybe because his back story was not fully developed? Come to think of it, we never really saw any of his family members, well except for a faceless bossy sister and errr...Gu Jak (hmm...ok not really that essential, but it does help round off the character IMO.) Uhmm... he had some major heart break in the past...BKH...but we also saw how he dealt with it and how he recently just got over it...hmmm. EB initially, seemed to be more of a novelty for him, but she eventually turned into the love of his life?!? Errrm...I wanted his story to be a little more compelling...you know, to have that certain je ne sais quoi...

Bae Kang Hee - She is mean. I have seen a lot of self-centered antagonists in K dramas and by far she ranks as one of the meanest. I'm sorry, but I could not summon any form of sympathy for her because she is mainly motivated by her quest to remain in the spotlight coupled with plain old greed. I thought that she somehow mellowed when she evolved into a sunbaenim for EB, but I was wrong. Whenever EB presents as a threat to her selfish goals, she would easily unsheath her claws and would revert back to form. At least nobody will ever doubt her consistency hehehe! But, despite that, I still hope to see some redeeming quality in her towards the end.

Ra Kyung - She started off as a sweet and likable character, unfortunately, in Kdramaland, when these sweet and angelic girls become hindrances for the main or second male lead in their pursuit of the heroine, they begin to develop dark sides...and dark she went hehehe, and whiny, and needy, and stalkerish...it's so sad to see her fall from grace. If she only took the high road...

The Gumiho Musical - The costumes are resplendent. The late Andre Kim must be very happy. EB looked like a vision...almost ethereal wearing the intricately patterned powder blue gown. Now, all we need to see is the actual production. Oh sure, there will be some sort of opposition prior to it's staging (YJ's cousin & BKH both look poised to deliver their worst) but judging from the determined look on YJ's face, it seems that he really would be bankrolling the musical for his beloved EB and he will definitely knock down all opposition...or so I'd like to believe...hehehe.

So folks, just one more episode to go huh? I hope the writers would successfuly tie up all the loose ends with a big red bow... ;)

Hello to my co musical lovers! :wub: :wub: :wub:

@drmjs I agree with your thoughts on the characters & TheMu drama. I hope the writer will give justice to it's name The Musical! I am expecting this drama will showcase the whole Gumiho musical on stage & will see it in the end. kekeke....

So let's all fasten our seatbelts on the last episode? huhuhuhuhu..Will surely miss this drama. :( 

Guest jw-love

i think people are going to kill me out there... but i think the chemistry fizzled out in ep 14 for JY and EB for me.

Agreed. But hopefully it'll come back in the upcoming eps.

Guest hyesun4lyf

Yeah, it seems this Friday will be our last time to watch The Musical.  I'm hoping for at least a 2-hour long episode but knowing how SBS seems to not show any love for this drama, I'm placing my trust on the writers and producers of this show instead.  They've probably made the ending something the watchers will not forget or give up on easily since after all they have been through I'm trusting that they will not just walk away into the night.  I want it to end with fist-pump in the air. Yeah! smile.gif

drmjs, your invaluable thoughts and musings always help me gain understanding into the characters. I have the same sentiments about BKH but you're too nice to hope for a redemption in the end.  Me, I just want her to suffer. mad.gif Heh, I was so disappointed when she showed her true colors again in this episode.  I guess, I fooled myself into believing that she will be the one to recue JY and the Gumiho but instead she did a 360 degrees turn.  And, it is disappointing to be reaching the end of this drama and not see a more detailed full-character development for both the two main leads.  Well, for HJY, he is at last starting to man up.  We shall see more of this on the last episode, again I hope.  As for GEB, well she's so gorgeous in that creation of Andre Kim (RIP) that I will just continue to be a fan..keke.  I love how she looked so fierce when she first turned around and the OST "Sing for You" playing in the background (I love how cheerko included the lyrics in her translation) and then JY standing by the wing...goosebumps!! w00t.gif

Edit

_AM-A_TheMusicalE14XviD-CEOAM-Addiction262_0003.jpg

Cre SBS

Source GHSforever

As per myonenonly, let's all fasten our seatbelts and be prepared for our final journey with The Musical. Fighting! 

*waves* Hi drmjs!  Great to see you here with me keeping this thread warm. wub.gif

Guest shades_blue

drmjs I pretty much agree with you on all points. Watching this drama has only been enhanced by your weekly psychoanalysis of all the major players, so thank you!!

hyesun4lyf Word. Normally I'm a sucker for redemption, but I agree with you about BKH. She totally lost me when she tossed EB to the floor. It will probably make me wickedly happy to see her lose her voice. ph34r.gif

Is there really only one episode left?tears.giftears.giftears.giftears.giftears.gif

I won't be able to watch next week but I'll be checking here for updates. I'm doubtful about the ability of one episode to tie a perfectly satisfying bow on top of this whole thing, but I'm still hoping it does!

Good day Musical lovers,

Thanks everyone for sharing the updates, photos, videos and thoughts too.

Is just so sad that TMU is facing such a treatment from SBS, but nevertheless we are still grateful eventho it's up to epi 15.

TMU the making epi14

cr.SBS@meow

TMU the making epi14

ec8db8.jpg?w=468&h=398

Let's us support "The Musical" by voting for best K-drama. We just can't say if this may help to promote the sales of the drama and it's cast actors and actresses too.

http://www.koreandrama.org/?p=12003

Our mission The Musical" Together we can do it. TMU fighting!!!

Take care everyone.

Archived