[Drama 2011] The Musical 더 뮤지컬

siidudul

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THEMU ending??? only 15 episode, quite dissapointed <_< but atleast all have a happy ending in their story . but felt sorry for Kang hee that she lost her voice but maybe it was a punishment for her for what she have done to Eun Bi but i still felt sorry for her and glad that she reunite with her husband and try to drink a milk that Eun Bi always bring to her apartment.

Yoo Jin, ohh my heart fell broken when he didn't have his love, his ex fiance just found her happiness with the assistant, Eun Bi had taken by Hong Jae, and he just alone with all his hetic job but where his father story, if his grandfather had forgiven his father ???????

about Eun Bi, if i'm not wrong , her father disagree bout her choice for the musical , and where her achieve to became a doctor and well i know she want the musical too but , ???????? still don't get it.

the kissing scene, i thinks it the most funny and sweet for Eun Bi, GHS just shown Eun Bi caracthere that never been kissed, never knew about love and she decribe quite well, the shy act, but want the KISS, and Danny had teach her so well :w00t::wub: ...

well i hope THEMU in other country will have a good attention and apreciation . THEMU hwaiting ^^

Guest Love.B.

I agree with both of you the robotic kiss turned me off but I call them awkward couple because of it lol. Along with Brain,Padam Padam , Color Of Women, and finally A Thousand Kisses, All different korean drama's but totally watchable . Check out Brain though the main OTP Hot Tension  have good chemistry.

The "awkward couple". Loved it. They both were absolutely adorkable together. I do love Daniel Choi though. He tried to make the kisses good. Thank goodness for Ra Gyung and the assistant director (I think) for their kiss on the stairwell outside of the home. Now that is the kiss I was expecting from people in love. 

Like most of you, I was watching with raised eyebrows, and jaw dropped when they started showing repeat scenes, and I thought-"was that really it??!" 

What just happened?!  Oh well. It was entertaining. Yes, they left a lot of holes in the plot that could have been tied up nicely in ep 16, but I guess that is what happens when they miss two episodes due to special programming. Thank you to all of you who helped make this thread interesting. :) And for those of you who contributed pics, info, links, etc. 

Big hug to you all, and wishing you all a happy holiday!

P.S. Thank you GHSForever for the suggestions! I will be watching both. :)

Also, Kayana20 thanks for the suggestions-will check out Brain, and the others you suggested. I've been hopping in and out of a Thousand Kisses- love the second leads love story!  Will definitely give Padam Padam a try since it has Bummie in it :)

@GHSforever Agree with you sis! This is as good as we can get with GHS' kissing scenes. I see a little bit of lip-locking in this final episode & I'm happy with that. @drmjs yes doc, I'm certainly wearing this grin from ear to ear even after the episode. yay!:D    

This last episode didn't do justice to most of the characters. They deleted a lot of scenes that didn't show clossure to some important story...like YJ's family- his grandpa & dad's conflict, then SA just fade away?..& where's JY sister? I think the Count Monty was a real show of OKJ (BKH) that was staged while they were filming The Musical sometime April of 2010? This is the show that GHS, CD & the rest of TheMu cast watch in support of OKJ, I think? Pls. correct me if I'm wrong...Nevertheless, I'm happy with the ending. The last 8min. was something to remember  between EB & JY. It's like the writer heard me when I said that CD should cradle GHS's face the next time they kiss. I was spazzing so much I had tingling sensations from head to toe! The bed scene was even more romantic with both looking so relaxed & in love! Whoa! The spooning position that I wanted to see was not exactly there but it was still as good as I want to picture them to be. They look so good together in bed. kekeke.. I could die now..lols:w00t:.     

I'm going to miss The Musical. Have a wonderful Christmas & a happy New Year!  :wub:  

So we finally come to the end of road for The Musical! And what a rough road it was, from the very beginning when it struggled to get a time slot, encountered numerous problems with the filming, and had to overcome so many obstacles. That it was even shown was a miracle!! For all these reasons, and as a long time fan of GHS, I'm just grateful... period... that I got to see this drama at all after having to wait forever to see her act again after BOF. blush.gif The drama itself I felt had a lot of integrity and the cast, what can I say, I thought they couldn't have done a better job of casting these characters, they were stellar in that regard! Granted, there were a lot of loose ends but hey, it had a happy conclusion, and I for one thought that everyone was in their proper place at the end. JY + EB , you have to admit, were extremely adorable together! We all agree how adorkable CD was, but when you think about it, so was GHS. She really pulled off this innocent, tomboyish young woman who didn't have a clue what the musical world was all about, and yet she dove right in, and with her determination and courage, and pure heart, very subtly changed the lives of all the people around her. Of course the best part was that she found the love of her life. The final kiss scene was perfect, the way it should be. GHS projected a very shy and awkward young woman in love for the first time, never been kissed, and I thought this kiss was amazingly sweet and real. I loved it when she kind of wiped her mouth after kissing him, because, yes, that's something EB would do, and these two, on the bed afterward, so happy and in love, and can now go forward to meet all their challenges together, swoon :wub: , I couldn't ask for a better ending. My only regret is that I won't be able to see these two together anymore, and to see what developes for them as a couple. :) To all of you who contributed to this thread, all the info, translations, links, and thoughts, it was such a pleasure to share The Musical with you. Thank you all for making it so much fun, and perhaps we can meet at the Please Captain thread in a couple weeks. Have a safe, happy, and healthy holiday season. Merry Christmas to you all!!! :D

The Musical

I first heard about about TM from Dramabeans. The gals over at DB were so excited at the prospect of another Daniel Choi starrer coming from the heels of BFB's successful run last spring. Excusez moi, Daniel who? Really. I had no idea that the guy is errr...hugely popular. Hokay, I made a mental note to watch it because Gu Hye Sun is a sentimental favorite of mine...ehehe after watching BOF ad nauseum, but you know what? I conveniently forgot about it! One day, after reading DB posts, I saw a wonderful recap by kaedejun and the rest is history...

First of all, the writing of this drama is top notch. Earlier on, I raved about the drama's exposition, the pace was just right, the characters were beautifully written and every situation was relatable. I think, the main concern then was, why was SBS showing the drama only once a week? They threw on layer upon layer of character development and story arcs became complicated. The metaphors were fantastic...The music box, the music score sheets and the gumiho project itself...all tightly woven into the story's fabric. It seemed that TM was indeed quality korean entertainment at it's finest...until...well the last few episodes. For whatever reason, the story, which was originally set for a 20 episode run got shortened into 15 episodes. Sure, we saw the drama endure a lot of problems...the timeslot, the dismal ratings, the horrible editing and the 2 soccer matches! The whole essence of the drama, I believe, got diluted and resulted into a disjointed ending (Uhmm...a time jump would have solved some of the glaring issues...)

For the finale, it really had that "Garry Marshall" vibe to it. Ermm..do we really need to see Assistant Director and RK make out? How about YJ & RK meeting up after just recently breaking off? What about YJ's slimy, lollipop toting cousin playing wait...Super Mario?!? Why??? They seem superfluous... 

I have accepted that Episode 14 carried the deathknell for the YJ & EB ship...but wait, where's my JY & EB romance?Uhmm...there was a lot of cuteness, I agree...and their declarations were all done in bed O.o right? But it felt a little forced. Their problems seemed like they were just swept under the rug IMO. I'm still waiting for the translations but please explain to me...why was JY drunk again? Why did GJ and AD bring him in? Also, YJ's exit was pretty abrupt...I didn't even see him ride into the sunset hehehe! BKH did show a redeeming quality...a very small, a tiny, a miniscule redeeming value...she learned to accept in the end...errr she finally drank EB's milk...hehehe.

Lastly, I saw a lot of the Count Monte musical starring BKH...but where was the gumiho musical?!? We even saw EB and JY practicing, which, btw looked suspiciously like clips from when he was first training her...notice his shorter hair and the cast was again on tenterhooks regarding the fate of the project. So...ok where was JY's masterpiece??? I wanted to see EB performing on the stage fully made up as a gumiho! Alas! Foiled to the very end! Howell...I may seem to have a lot of unresolved issues where the story was concerned, but they seem immaterial now. I'm just glad that JY & EB seem happy. I'm cool with that...FINALLY! lol!

I have enjoyed my stay on this thread a lot. The warmth and the support of the posters are amazing, the respect that we have for every opinion or thought is truly remarkable. I'm going to miss my new friends here and this thread...

Cheerko or Sue - Your invaluable translations are always much-awaited. You made waiting for the english subs bearable. I admire your dedication here and at the GHS thread. I could see that you're one of the resident translators, are you also the moderator? I hope to speak and understand Korean in the near future, I've been bugging my friend to accompany me. Wait..I might just drag her to a class one of these days... Thank you very much! Kamsammida chingu!

Hyesun4lyf - you are really very generous with your comments. I admire your dedication and commitment to the thread. I love all of your contributions here and at the GHS and DC thread. Yes, Daniel Choi is cute! I have one word for you dear...AWESOME. Thanks *waves back* !

Shades_blue - I always anticipate your comments, you are so witty and always...spot on. Your MV's are exquisite. Did you know that some of them were featured at some of the blogs dedicated to TM? Fanderay featured one of your MV's in one of her recaps! I mean...Wow!

myonenonly - Yes, I'm considering Please Captain as a must watch in 2012, so see you there mkay? I also admire your dedication to GHS and Team JY & EB. At the bleakest point for the OTP you were a lone reed...lol, I'm just kidding. Seriously, you're a great sport and I appreciate that very much. Best regards to you & your hubby, who also reads the posts here. Props to you girl! That's a feat!

GHSforever - another loyal sunnie. You make lovely MV's and the your screencaps are gorgeous! Thanks for your comments, they mean a lot. You always have the freshest and up to date links on TM...so cool!

Earthprincess, lablyness, eunhye05 (I hope everything is well with you!) and 1bin - Word, word, word! We may not often agree on some points but I did enjoy reading all of your posts...so thanks! See you around guys!

Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year to all! Enjoy your holidays!!!

Guest Earthprincess

On happy news. The Musical will air in Japan, beginning January 8th on MNET Japan!

KZV7h.jpg

本放送 : (日)午后9:30~10:45、午后10:45~0:00(前话再放送と続き4话连続放送)

再放送 : (土)午前11:00~0:15、午后0:15~1:30(2话连続放送) (日)午后7:00~8:15、午后8:15~9:30 (初回放送がその后続き4话连続放送)

MicroSite

出演者 チェ・ダニエル , ク・ヘソン , パク・ギウン , オク・ジュヒョン 日本初放送!1月8日(日)スタート!ク・ヘソン、チェ・ダニエルがミュージカル俳优を目指す、梦と爱が溢れた最新ドラマ!

Translation:

Original Broadcast: Sunday 9:30-10:45 pm. With a re-broadcast at 10:45-12 midnight, together with broadcast documentary

Repeat Marathon: Saturday, 11 AM-12:15 noon, 12:15 PM to 1:30 PM (consecutive two episodes), 7:00-9:30 PM repeat marathon broadcast

Cast: Daniel Choi, Ku Hye Sun, Park Ki Woong, Ock Ju Hyun

Looks like TheMu is getting much better attention in terms of programming in JP. I am hoping that their voyage into Japan will be more successful because often those folks are good with BTS and other goodies fans would love. :)

The Musical

I first heard about about TM from Dramabeans. The gals over at DB were so excited at the prospect of another Daniel Choi starrer coming from the heels of BFB's successful run last spring. Excusez moi, Daniel who? Really. I had no idea that the guy is errr...hugely popular. Hokay, I made a mental note to watch it because Gu Hye Sun is a sentimental favorite of mine...ehehe after watching BOF ad nauseum, but you know what? I conveniently forgot about it! One day, after reading DB posts, I saw a wonderful recap by kaedejun and the rest is history...

First of all, the writing of this drama is top notch. Earlier on, I raved about the drama's exposition, the pace was just right, the characters were beautifully written and every situation was relatable. I think, the main concern then was, why was SBS showing the drama only once a week? They threw on layer upon layer of character development and story arcs became complicated. The metaphors were fantastic...The music box, the music score sheets and the gumiho project itself...all tightly woven into the story's fabric. It seemed that TM was indeed quality korean entertainment at it's finest...until...well the last few episodes. For whatever reason, the story, which was originally set for a 20 episode run got shortened into 15 episodes. Sure, we saw the drama endure a lot of problems...the timeslot, the dismal ratings, the horrible editing and the 2 soccer matches! The whole essence of the drama, I believe, got diluted and resulted into a disjointed ending (Uhmm...a time jump would have solved some of the glaring issues...)

For the finale, it really had that "Garry Marshall" vibe to it. Ermm..do we really need to see Assistant Director and RK make out? How about YJ & RK meeting up after just recently breaking off? What about YJ's slimy, lollipop toting cousin playing wait...Super Mario?!? Why??? They seem superfluous... 

I have accepted that Episode 14 carried the deathknell for the YJ & EB ship...but wait, where's my JY & EB romance?Uhmm...there was a lot of cuteness, I agree...and their declarations were all done in bed O.o right? But it felt a little forced. Their problems seemed like they were just swept under the rug IMO. I'm still waiting for the translations but please explain to me...why was JY drunk again? Why did GJ and AD bring him in? Also, YJ's exit was pretty abrupt...I didn't even see him ride into the sunset hehehe! BKH did show a redeeming quality...a very small, a tiny, a miniscule redeeming value...she learned to accept in the end...errr she finally drank EB's milk...hehehe.

Lastly, I saw a lot of the Count Monte musical starring BKH...but where was the gumiho musical?!? We even saw EB and JY practicing, which, btw looked suspiciously like clips from when he was first training her...notice his shorter hair and the cast was again on tenterhooks regarding the fate of the project. So...ok where was JY's masterpiece??? I wanted to see EB performing on the stage fully made up as a gumiho! Alas! Foiled to the very end! Howell...I may seem to have a lot of unresolved issues where the story was concerned, but they seem immaterial now. I'm just glad that JY & EB seem happy. I'm cool with that...FINALLY! lol!

I have enjoyed my stay on this thread a lot. The warmth and the support of the posters are amazing, the respect that we have for every opinion or thought is truly remarkable. I'm going to miss my new friends here and this thread...

Cheerko or Sue - Your invaluable translations are always much-awaited. You made waiting for the english subs bearable. I admire your dedication here and at the GHS thread. I could see that you're one of the resident translators, are you also the moderator? I hope to speak and understand Korean in the near future, I've been bugging my friend to accompany me. Wait..I might just drag her to a class one of these days... Thank you very much! Kamsammida chingu!

Hyesun4lyf - you are really very generous with your comments. I admire your dedication and commitment to the thread. I love all of your contributions here and at the GHS and DC thread. Yes, Daniel Choi is cute! I have one word for you dear...AWESOME. Thanks *waves back* !

Shades_blue - I always anticipate your comments, you are so witty and always...spot on. Your MV's are exquisite. Did you know that some of them were featured at some of the blogs dedicated to TM? Fanderay featured one of your MV's in one of her recaps! I mean...Wow!

myonenonly - Yes, I'm considering Please Captain as a must watch in 2012, so see you there mkay? I also admire your dedication to GHS and Team JY & EB. At the bleakest point for the OTP you were a lone reed...lol, I'm just kidding. Seriously, you're a great sport and I appreciate that very much. Best regards to you & your hubby, who also reads the posts here. Props to you girl! That's a feat!

GHSforever - another loyal sunnie. You make lovely MV's and the your screencaps are gorgeous! Thanks for your comments, they mean a lot. You always have the freshest and up to date links on TM...so cool!

Earthprincess, lablyness, eunhye05 (I hope everything is well with you!) and 1bin - Word, word, word! We may not often agree on some points but I did enjoy reading all of your posts...so thanks! See you around guys!

Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year to all! Enjoy your holidays!!!

I will look forward to reading your comments in PCAP!..will definitely see you there doc!   :D

Guest Love.B.

The Musical

First of all, the writing of this drama is top notch. ... Happy New Year to all! Enjoy your holidays!!!

It was a fantastic drama. 

The ending was a little strange for me though-that bed scene at the end reminded me of a mom patting a child's back-not two lovers.

All in all it was wonderful, and I loved the drama! Wish we could have had 16 eps though!

Hello Guy's

I miss The Musical already :(

Just want to share my MV hope you guys like it btw i have a new account to those who love ChoiSun pairing please do subscribe Thanks in advance :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ0NQTbd6ro

Happy New Year everybody :)

Hello Guy's

I miss The Musical already :(

Just want to share my MV hope you guys like it btw i have a new account to those who love ChoiSun pairing please do subscribe Thanks in advance :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ0NQTbd6ro

Happy New Year everybody :)

Awww! Thanks sis! I always like your mvs. I miss TheMu too. :tears:  

I hope this thread will continue to buzz since Japan is airing this drama soon. We'll meet some TheMu fans from Japan.  :wub:

Guest shades_blue

Hello Musical peeps! I'm late to the finale party and  I feel like I missed out on The Musical's last days from being on vacation, but I finally had a chance to watch the last episode. Like many of you, I agree that the ending was a hastily patched up conglomeration of scenes and it makes me long for what might have been. I'm not gonna lie though, I loved the cuteness of EB and JY, though I could have lived without EB's tortured faces during the kissing scene (when she WIPED her mouth I just about died)...I mean if it's that difficult to kiss Choi Daniel, I'll gladly act as a stand-in..w00t.gif..just sayin...I have to agree with drmjs about the bizarreness of some scenes. Seriously, why WAS JY suddenly drunk? Was it supposed to be the same day that he begged EB to stay the night or was it the night after the Musical opened? Maybe the drunkeness was a celebration of opening night but they cut all that out for lack of time? I guess we'll never know. 

I feel like they spent so much time focusing on the Yoo Jin storyline only to give him a pretty lackluster ending. We never saw EB's reaction to his confession.....WHY? I'm glad that he at least decided to choose his own path and seemed happy about it, though I'm still a bit sad that he didn't reconcile with RK. I guess I'm the only one who still shipped them. In spite of some cuteness with Jang, in the last episodes the RK and Jang scenes (and kiss) seemed a bit forced. I really liked RK and YJ together until it got weird. I think PKW and KES had chemistry in real life, so I kinda believed them on screen more than I should have. Oh well. I also wish we could have seen at least a moment of EB on stage in front of a real audience, right???? As for BKH, at least SW finally (albeit forcibly) got some lovin', and she did finally drink EB's milk with a little appreciation. She was a great big bad, I'd like to see OJH in more dramas. 

In spite of the ending, I judge these dramas by the ride, and I enjoyed obsessing about this drama so much. Thank you everyone for all of your input, musings, ravings, insights, etc. This thread has been so much fun that it makes me incredibly sad that it's all over.

drmjs, thank you for the sweet words and I completely second your final sentiments regarding the last episode. I will probably stalk you to see what drama you're watching next, I don't know if I can fully understand any drama from this point onwards without your hilarious and incredibly genius character analysis every week. If you're not writing reviews and or/satire for a living, you should, you're amazing!

hyesun4lyf, GHSforever, eunhye05, myonenonly, Earthprincess, and all Musical lovers and posters, it's been a blast! Till we meet again! Muaaah!wub.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

tried watching this drama but i could not even finish episode 1. I don't know whether it was because i had a headache or it was boring or it was the "moon-sun" effect. sorry the musical fans 

• 1 year later...

Archived