[Drama 2011] The Musical 더 뮤지컬

siidudul

Guest alexus

Hi. I know I am late jumping on THE MUSICAL bandwagon but I totally am digging the drama!!!

I have to say it is the only one that I am totally hooked on right now. Sad that it has only one episode a week but it is totally worth the wait!

I am sure my heart will break in the end but I totally am suffering from the second lead syndrome. There is something about their storyline that just intrigues me. I am fully aware if YJ was the mainlead this drama would present itself as the typical Kdrama storyline. However with him being the second lead or the way the writer is portraying their development, it doesn't seem like the typical boring storyline of rich chaebol meet poor little girl and sweeps her off her feet. There are a lot of issues but the flow for me seems quick enough that it doesn't seem draggy. Some characters I wish never existed but that is when I just use the fast foward and skip it. (so handy)Then they don't seem as relevant and annoying. kekeke. Can't wait for next Friday!!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Musical lovers :)

@alexus hello my BFF nice seeing you here I miss you :)

i love both male actors if Eunbi can have both it would be really sweeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttt:)

I'm more going for Eunbi/Hong Jae or EunJae couple I love their chemistry, so maybe I'll just take YJ lol

here's my MV for the week hope you guys like it :)

Have a nice day/night and week ahead :)

EB and HJ characters are so cute together! EB's honesty, naivete, and pure nature seems to spark something in HJ, kind of like he's experiencing a first love, and I find his expressions and actions absolutely adorable. Only when he's with EB do we see his funny and flirty side, and like a lot of you, I'm totally in love with his 100 watt smile. I don't see the EB - YJ connection as a romantic one. In fact with all the flashbacks of his childhood and the friendship between her grandmother and YJ's parents and their common origin from Daegu (?) seem to indicate that maybe they're somehow related biologically or something. I guess we'll have to be patient to find out the mystery of EB's mother leaving and more of YJ's parents and events that happened about the same time in their lives? In any event, the story is getting more intricate and the love lines increasing by the minute, making it harder to have to wait until the next episode to see more!!! I continue to enjoy the music and interactions among all of the actors - my favorite scene in Ep 6 was the dance scene when they were all drinking - that looked like a lot of fun!!! Thank you all for your hard work and for making this thread such a pleasure to visit!!! :D

EB and HJ characters are so cute together! EB's honesty, naivete, and pure nature seems to spark something in HJ, kind of like he's experiencing a first love, and I find his expressions and actions absolutely adorable. Only when he's with EB do we see his funny and flirty side, and like a lot of you, I'm totally in love with his 100 watt smile. I don't see the EB - YJ connection as a romantic one. In fact with all the flashbacks of his childhood and the friendship between her grandmother and YJ's parents and their common origin from Daegu (?) seem to indicate that maybe they're somehow related biologically or something. I guess we'll have to be patient to find out the mystery of EB's mother leaving and more of YJ's parents and events that happened about the same time in their lives? In any event, the story is getting more intricate and the love lines increasing by the minute, making it harder to have to wait until the next episode to see more!!! I continue to enjoy the music and interactions among all of the actors - my favorite scene in Ep 6 was the dance scene when they were all drinking - that looked like a lot of fun!!! Thank you all for your hard work and for making this thread such a pleasure to visit!!! :D

Agree with you about the cute relationship between EB and HJ. He 's just like a school boy having some crush for his dream girl. EB triggered some kind of love feeling for him at the time he just moved on from the past relationship. And this inspired him to create the new piece of music.

I hope EB won't give a chance to YJ to confess his love coz the forbidden love can destroy others live. In this case, the victim is his fiance.....she's too good to be pushed away.

I 'm so eager to hear EB sings the gumiho song in the high pitch tone like Kang Hee.

Some Musings:

1. My issue with Hong Jae Yi - He chanced upon Eun Bi. He was impressed at the lengths she went through in order to become a musical actress. He realized that they met again - must be fate. He was surprised that they have the same views regarding musicals (It's like lightning!). He felt inspired to make one for her (Read: Muse). He met up with his old flame and it strengthened his resolve to push Eun Bi. He felt like he had to needle BKH. He championed Eun Bi in order to spite BKH. He finds Eun Bi adorable, Eun Bi went up a notched in his regard when she killed her audition piece. He is now suffering the pangs of being in-like with Eun Bi. When he met up with BKH at her room (Ep. 6), he was being provoked by BKH...He said...I think I'm over you. I believe I'm able to say that now. Errmmm...really?!? Then why was he so flustered when he said that. He made wounded puppy dog eyes to Eun Bi, he blew it when he tried to talk to her in a very public place but eventually won her forgiveness during the latter part of the episode. (He sure has the best lines in the drama!) Hmmm...interesting. He seems complacent; he believes that he can have her eating right out of the palm of his hand! He is the main lead right? I wonder...

2. My thoughts on Yoo Jin - He started off as ruthless, unfeeling and no non-sense with a huge chip on his shoulder. He is very shrewed but a little wet behind the ears when dealing with seasoned businessmen. He is eager to make his mark in the family business. He is also emotionally scarred, abandoned by his parents and left to deal with his autocratic grandfather. When he met Eun Bi it was not the most auspicious of meetings - He caught her red-handedly cheating her way into one of his productions hehehe. He viewed Eun Bi as an opportunist, not very different from the dregs of the earth (ok...maybe not that far) and when Eun Bi was given the chance to redeem herself; he, quite understandably, allowed his distrust to become evident. He didn't want to be near her with a 10 ft. pole! But unconsciously, he was drawn to her (he kept watching those audition tapes!). He saw her in a different light when BKH humiliated her. He wanted to be compassionate but he deliberately built a wall around him where Eun Bi was concerned. When Eun Bi saved RK...it crumbled. He realized that they are more alike than he would like to admit. They share common experiences, but they have viewed their own problems differently. He can be honest with her and quite frankly, he is now comfortable around her. This may not evolve into a romance but it is clear that they complement each other. I think the Eun Bi and Yoo Jin dynamic is more believable.  

For now, I'm enjoying the story as it unfolds. The characters all have strong personalities and it's a joy to watch them develop. Eun Bi is determined to succeed and she is doing it according to her own terms which is refreshing. She knows her limits and she does not cling. I really do not like needy female protagonists. The beauty of this drama lies in it's writing, editing and execution. I'm begining to understand why they churn out only one episode each week. The Musical continues to shine and I'm completely invested.

Guest shades_blue

Some Musings:

1. My issue with Hong Jae Yi - He chanced upon Eun Bi. He was impressed at the lengths she went through in order to become a musical actress. He realized that they met again - must be fate. He was surprised that they have the same views regarding musicals (It's like lightning!). He felt inspired to make one for her (Read: Muse). He met up with his old flame and it strengthened his resolve to push Eun Bi. He felt like he had to needle BKH. He championed Eun Bi in order to spite BKH. He finds Eun Bi adorable, Eun Bi went up a notched in his regard when she killed her audition piece. He is now suffering the pangs of being in-like with Eun Bi. When he met up with BKH at her room (Ep. 6), he was being provoked by BKH...He said...I think I'm over you. I believe I'm able to say that now. Errmmm...really?!? Then why was he so flustered when he said that. He made wounded puppy dog eyes to Eun Bi, he blew it when he tried to talk to her in a very public place but eventually won her forgiveness during the latter part of the episode. (He sure has the best lines in the drama!) Hmmm...interesting. He seems complacent; he believes that he can have her eating right out of the palm of his hand! He is the main lead right? I wonder...

2. My thoughts on Yoo Jin - He started off as ruthless, unfeeling and no non-sense with a huge chip on his shoulder. He is very shrewed but a little wet behind the ears when dealing with seasoned businessmen. He is eager to make his mark in the family business. He is also emotionally scarred, abandoned by his parents and left to deal with his autocratic grandfather. When he met Eun Bi it was not the most auspicious of meetings - He caught her red-handedly cheating her way into one of his productions hehehe. He viewed Eun Bi as an opportunist, not very different from the dregs of the earth (ok...maybe not that far) and when Eun Bi was given the chance to redeem herself; he, quite understandably, allowed his distrust to become evident. He didn't want to be near her with a 10 ft. pole! But unconsciously, he was drawn to her (he kept watching those audition tapes!). He saw her in a different light when BKH humiliated her. He wanted to be compassionate but he deliberately built a wall around him where Eun Bi was concerned. When Eun Bi saved RK...it crumbled. He realized that they are more alike than he would like to admit. They share common experiences, but they have viewed their own problems differently. He can be honest with her and quite frankly, he is now comfortable around her. This may not evolve into a romance but it is clear that they complement each other. I think the Eun Bi and Yoo Jin dynamic is more believable.  

For now, I'm enjoying the story as it unfolds. The characters all have strong personalities and it's a joy to watch them develop. Eun Bi is determined to succeed and she is doing it according to her own terms which is refreshing. She knows her limits and she does not cling. I really do not like needy female protagonists. The beauty of this drama lies in it's writing, editing and execution. I'm begining to understand why they churn out only one episode each week. The Musical continues to shine and I'm completely invested.

I don’t think that HJ ever used EB as a way to needle or spite BKH. He championed her because he saw something in her, and yeah, she became his muse. It’s written all over his face though, the more time he spends with her, the more he starts to feel for her beyond that. I had the same reaction to his “I think I’m over you” statement…..uh, you “think”?! But I think the only reason he gets flustered around BK is that she is basically trying to JUMP HIS BONES every time she sees him. He's a guy, after all, and they have a passionate history.

Nice insights into the character of YJ! I think Eun Bi has great chemistry with both leads. I really think HJ backed off because of what YJ told him about EB saying she was having a hard time. He still teased her but didn’t force any kind of declaration of his feelings onto her.  (like he tried to do at the dance) The look on his face after he jokingly threw out that “so you’re saying we were more than that” line says it all I think. When he couldn’t tell if she was laughing or crying he looked terrified for a millisecond before smiling. I think he’s trying to keep their relationship on a teasing level for her sake, even though I’m pretty sure his feelings have gone way beyond that.

Anyway, however this show ends up, I agree, the writing is awesome. I’m kind of glad that I can’t marathon this drama….I wouldn’t get anything done.

Guest hyesun4lyf

I don’t think that HJ ever used EB as a way to needle or spite BKH. He championed her because he saw something in her, and yeah, she became his muse. It’s written all over his face though, the more time he spends with her, the more he starts to feel for her beyond that. I had the same reaction to his “I think I’m over you” statement…..uh, you “think”?! But I think the only reason he gets flustered around BK is that she is basically trying to JUMP HIS BONES every time she sees him. He's a guy, after all, and they have a passionate history.

Nice insights into the character of YJ! I think Eun Bi has great chemistry with both leads. I really think HJ backed off because of what YJ told him about EB saying she was having a hard time. He still teased her but didn’t force any kind of declaration of his feelings onto her.  (like he tried to do at the dance) The look on his face after he jokingly threw out that “so you’re saying we were more than that” line says it all I think. When he couldn’t tell if she was laughing or crying he looked terrified for a millisecond before smiling. I think he’s trying to keep their relationship on a teasing level for her sake, even though I’m pretty sure his feelings have gone way beyond that.

Anyway, however this show ends up, I agree, the writing is awesome. I’m kind of glad that I can’t marathon this drama….I wouldn’t get anything done.

Hi drmjs and shades_blue.  Thank you for your posts.  I like your insights into the 3 main characters.  I look forward to the coming episodes to see if these will hold true or we will be surprised once again by the unpredictability of this whole drama.

As to what happened to Park GyungLim just recently, I hope she will recover from it in time.  It is indeed a very sad news.  From what I have read from past articles, due to her pregnancy then, we won't be able to see her much(?) in the much later episodes of this drama.

Looking forward to Episode 7.

Hi to all TheMu fans!

meow13 just uploaded a short vid of the making of the TheMu ep6:

http://www.dailymoti...king_shortfilms

Enjoy! *quoted image*

The BTS made me laughs. It seems Choi Daniel is the mood maker in this drama, he likes to play with the camera, and interacts with staff and other actors/actresses. Love HS's playing the piano...not sure about CD being a singer though w00t.gifsweatingbullets.gif

Hi drmjs and shades_blue.  Thank you for your posts.  I like your insights into the 3 main characters.  I look forward to the coming episodes to see if these will hold true or we will be surprised once again by the unpredictability of this whole drama.

As to what happened to Park GyungLim just recently, I hope she will recover from it in time.  It is indeed a very sad news.  From what I have read from past articles, due to her pregnancy then, we won't be able to see her much(?) in the much later episodes of this drama.

Looking forward to Episode 7.

Hello hyesun4lyf! Thanks! I did read about the tragic news concerning Park Gyung Lim. It must have been very devastating for her and her family. I think she needs to be given a break from work so that she could fully recuperate and of course grieve for her loss. I pray for her and her family at this difficult time.

We may not really feel her absence acutely because, as I understand it, TM was filmed way ahead of schedule. But if it were not the case, then I'll miss her as Sa Bok Ja. For the last 2 episodes, she unwittingly narrated the whole drama with her caustic comments. I hope you'll soon get better Park Gyung Lim!

Guest thefantasticworld

thanks for link :w00t:

googled the link but found out its changed to musings-of-a-twinkie.blogspot.com

hope everyone caught that if you were following twinkie for recaps! :D

Guest Earthprincess

It really is refreshing to be reading new and deep perspectives on this drama. I had been away all weekend so hadn't a chance to catch up and seeing everyone's thoughts made me feel warm. Thanks so much to all for sharing your ideas. The Musical really is getting to be better, I'm swimming in my own alternate plots!

Guest shades_blue

Hello hyesun4lyf! Thanks! I did read about the tragic news concerning Park Gyung Lim. It must have been very devastating for her and her family. I think she needs to be given a break from work so that she could fully recuperate and of course grieve for her loss. I pray for her and her family at this difficult time.

We may not really feel her absence acutely because, as I understand it, TM was filmed way ahead of schedule. But if it were not the case, then I'll miss her as Sa Bok Ja. For the last 2 episodes, she unwittingly narrated the whole drama with her caustic comments. I hope you'll soon get better Park Gyung Lim!  

I second this. I feel awful for her. Miscarriages are tragic at any stage, but 6 months....:( 

Some of the most hilarious moments in this drama for me come from her character. Her "Mua ha ha" laugh in (I think) episode 5 towards HJ about him being left out (between EB and BKH) was one of the funniest things ever. 

I heard that most of the drama was filmed last year except for the very last episodes. Is that true? 

My thoughts are with PKL and her family. I hope she ends up making a decision that's the best for her and is not influenced by other factors. Miscarriages are tough not only on the body, but also on the emotional health of the family :/

That said, I'm very impressed by some of the character analysis going on here. Many of the thoughts I agree with and some others I disagree with but it's amazing how much love this drama is getting on this forum :D

As for me, I'm completely a JYYJ fan hehe (do you think they did that on purpose? nah... unless they're trying to troll us internationals. Those BLACK/White motifs are getting to me haha).

No offense to EunBi (I love you grrl!) but the boys are the ones who capture me in this drama. Since they're almost in every scene, I end up having to watch the ENTIRE episode of the drama... something that I havent done for other dramas recently due to the handy-dandy use of the ff button :P

Guest ms.KPOP.LOVE

Hi Everyone,

The Musical Episode 5 and 6 English Soft-Sub Subtitle are out.

theMusical.jpg

The Musical 1-6 English Subtitle can be found Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:-

URL: http://www.darksmurf...e-musical-2011/

Please visit the link for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project. CTS Project is about FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

Archived