Choi Ja Hye 최자혜

Guest xosandy

looks like Choi Ja Hye will be the leading actress in the new KBS TV Novel '순옥이' to start airing on KBS1 Nov.6

some pics from her upcoming daily morning drama for KBS (starts in 2 weeks):

8020061023_27732548.jpg2006102315190764234_1.jpg

the setting of KBS TV Novels is usually between the 1960's-1980's

20071120173534310e7_174554_0.jpg

20071120173534310e7_174554_1.jpg

2007112220070557980_201532_0.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Yes, Choi Ja Hye is the female lead star in the KBS World TV novel entitled SUNOK that is being aired daily. In fact she is in the title role. In the drama, she plays a young lady beset with all sorts of problems. She was raised by a wealthy couple who adopted her after her biological father gave her up because of financial difficulties. But being one of a twin, it was predicted that she will be unlucky in life. Despite the tough life she was going thru, she remained steadfast, pure in heart & confident, the way she was raised by her adoptive mother who died just before she could enter college to pursue a degree in music. More so, her relationship with the man she loves is put on a test with her real sister, without her knowing is her younger sibling, as competitor.

The drama is a bit slow from the start, but it starts to gain momentum as the plot develops. ;)

I hope somebody can post the names of the actors in the cast especially the 5 major young stars. The only one I can remember is the actor who plays the twin brother of JHC. He was the notorious swindler friend of Song Hye Kyo in Full House. The senior actors of course are familiar coz they are cast everywhere ... in all 3 major TV stations in Korea. I get the impression that the senior actors, tho' they play supporting roles, are always in demand that they sometimes do concurrent dramas, aired almost simultaneously in different stations. :D

• 5 weeks later...
Guest *.:StarryEyeSurprise:.*

GAH I LOVE SUNOK THE DRAMA

it's really addicting

it's really sad at the moment

I wish they have a thread about it, but soompi doesn't T___T

• 2 weeks later...

GAH I LOVE SUNOK THE DRAMA

it's really addicting

it's really sad at the moment

I wish they have a thread about it, but soompi doesn't T___T

I religiously watched this drama till it got too heavy & depressing that I had to withdraw otherwise it would wear me down. The scenarios are deplorably sad that I thought nothing good will ever come to the character played by Choi Ja Hye. Everything is lost for her & that she had to play martyr all the time .... she sacrificed so much for her family, her career, her marriage & ultimately the man she truly loves :( . I hope Sunok will be redeemed from her distressing and pitiable state but there seems to be no escaping from her horrible life ... everyone in the drama contributed to her doomed fate. I wish to see her in a far-flung monastery away from all the people who caused her unbearable pains....and I'd like to imagine her being peaceful & surrounded by contemplative nuns who do nothing but pray. I think the convent will be a perfect place for Sunok. But I don't see it happening ... I predict Sunok will live up to the storyline, that of a selfless sacrificing wife & daughter & sister tilll the very end .... her doomed destiny will always haunt her.

Sunok will end on the 28th of this month and will be replaced by a new TV Novel on 4/30, entitled '그대의 풍경'

Honestly creidesca, I would not like to see this drama end until all the characters who brought Sunok harm, the pains, the heartaches go down on their knees & ask her forgiveness ... she deserves no less ... well, I get carried away by dramas whose theme is about injustice .... I wonder why she can't stand up for her rights, fight for her dignity. Oh my, the way her MIL & husband & Mijo treat her infuriate me no end . She can't be totally submissive all the time. I wont mind the spoilers, if you care to share with me. Thanks in advance. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

The drama Sunok ended last April 30. I hope somebody can post the gist of the entire story, nevermind if they are spoilers. Am really curious what happened to Sunok & her adoptive dad ... hope something good & happy for her, afterall she suffered enough, in fact her pains are more than enough to last her a lifetime. I'm not too keen on seeing her back wth Inho. I find his character weak, or too indecicive. I imagine Sunok, happily & peacefully living with her dad & with her childhood dream to become a pianist fulfilled. :rolleyes:

woah my kbs channel is super behind

sunok is so not close to finishing

sunok is still getting beaten by her jerk of a husbund

and I think in the next ep she finally can't take it anymore

I want her and inho together

gosh her life is so tragic

woah my kbs channel is super behind

sunok is so not close to finishing

sunok is still getting beaten by her jerk of a husbund

and I think in the next ep she finally can't take it anymore

I want her and inho together

gosh her life is so tragic

Hi StarryEyeSurprise ... I'm glad I'm not in my lonesome in this thread. I too keep track of this sooooo depressing drama. I want to fasttrack & find out what will happen to Sunok in the later episodes. I'd like to see all those terrible people lined up & punished so Sunok could give each of them her painful revenge ... but she's not that kind of person, I know. I can't believe there are people like Giseop, his former wife, his mom, Mijo & Inho's mom & dad. And so with Hotae who is soooo greedy. Gosh, they are not human at all. But we differ in the sense that I dont like to see her back with Inho. I can't believe he married Mijo ... I want to see Sunok start a new life with someone who can stand for her, fight and protect her without let up. She deserves such kind of person. I pity the adoptive dad but he is to be blamed for Sunok's heartaches. If he stood firm & continued to live a productive life, Sunok will not get involved with Giseop & be in so much misery. Very sad story ... it's unbelievable Sunok can stand the beatings, the insults, the verbal & physical abuse from her so-called husband & MIL ... :(

^ yah I agree

I personally thought inho had to marry mijo

think about it...it's a different era

when somebody gets married, you don't really continue chasing em, you learn to let go

inho was very hurt, and since mijo is obsessed with him, and his parents like her, he must've felt it neccessary to marry her

mijo is SUCH a selfish, malicious biotch -_-

I can't believe some ppl can be so heartless and annoying

gah but I do think sunok is like you said, too submissive

sometimes I wanna just shake her really hard and go 'stand up for yourself' or leave

I mean the MIL is such a biotch

she made assumptions and treated sunok based on those assumptions

I mean if I had a mother in law and a husbund like that I would get up and go

guess it's different back then...probably considered REALLY disgraceful

sunok's father'sa wimp sometimes

I mean he should've stood up for her more

she didn't even love giseop, but was like forced to marry him

it always seems that the MIL, mijo and the husbund feels sunok owes them sth

when it's actually the other way around

gosh she is way too kind hearted

I would so not take the abuse of mijo

afterall SHE was the reason sunok and inho broke up

Hi StarryEyeSurprise ... I should have replied to your post a few days back but I opted to hold on until I finished the entire series, without subtitles though. So, I already know how the drama ended; well, not the details coz the Korean language is Greek to me. In fact, if I get the chance I'd request for a sequel, maybe 3 to 5 episodes more to complete the story. I would not like to spoil the fun by posting the ending, but I assure you Sunok was vindicated though her fate with Inho was left hanging. .... ooops, sorry this is as far as I can go. Meanwhile, happy viewing Sunok. Let's support the drama, afterall it makes our day really exciting with every episode that keeps us glued to KBS.

news...courtesy of Dramaok and Aidahlr at the Angel drama thread

choi ja-hye [최자혜]cast as song il-guk's younger sister 'sooji' for sbs drama "angel"...in the drama choi will play a young woman who dreams of becoming broadway musical star,<BR>but goes to korea to help her brother played by song il-guk when he leaves america to escape the mafia.

source: http://www.segye.com/Service5/ShellView.as...705101010000017

news...courtesy of Dramaok and Aidahlr at the Angel drama thread

choi ja-hye [최자혜]cast as song il-guk's younger sister 'sooji' for sbs drama "angel"...in the drama choi will play a young woman who dreams of becoming broadway musical star,<BR>but goes to korea to help her brother played by song il-guk when he leaves america to escape the mafia.

source: http://www.segye.com/Service5/ShellView.as...705101010000017

I welcome this news with pride & lots of joy. I knew Sunok will open new doors for Choi Ja Hye. She did very well in the drama ... she was very convincing. She made me cry a bucketful. I hope she'll get to play more challenging roles. :D

Three cheers for CJH :D ... she will always be Sunok to me ... I reiterate my wish that an extension of 3 to 5 episodes will make the drama complete .... I want to see her get over her pains & live a peaceful & happy life with her Dad & hmmmn, I take back my word, StarryEyeSurprise ... with Inho.

So, I already know how the drama ended; well, not the details coz the Korean language is Greek to me. In fact, if I get the chance I'd request for a sequel, maybe 3 to 5 episodes more to complete the story. I would not like to spoil the fun by posting the ending, but I assure you Sunok was vindicated though her fate with Inho was left hanging. .... ooops, sorry this is as far as I can go. Meanwhile, happy viewing Sunok. Let's support the drama, afterall it makes our day really exciting with every episode that keeps us glued to KBS.

Like you I took a sneak peek of the last episode on VOD. Felt so "cheated" with the outcome of Sunok and Inho. But still hoping . . . since the last scene looked open ended for a few couples (I think)

Like you I took a sneak peek of the last episode on VOD. Felt so "cheated" with the outcome of Sunok and Inho. But still hoping . . . since the last scene looked open ended for a few couples (I think)

Hi 'tiki-sg' ... glad to meet you here. Yup, I too expected more than what was shown in the final episode. I sincerely hope KBS will give us the bonus we're wishing for. Two or three episode will not be bad to conclude the drama ... we can't be sure how Sunok decided her fate with Inho. It is all up to her to accept his proposal but the past keeps haunting her ... gosh, it's a pity to let go of an undying love like Inho's. The deserve to be together. :D

Now, with CJH's new drama with SBS as reported, it will be hard for her to do a sequel. :unsure:

I sincerely hope KBS will give us the bonus we're wishing for. Two or three episode will not be bad to conclude the drama

Neh . . . you are hoping for the sky (kekekeke). KBS World broadcasts based on what is shown on KBS except delayed and with subs. Hopefully the last few words spoken with Inho will help lighten my sentiments of what I saw.

Neh . . . you are hoping for the sky (kekekeke). KBS World broadcasts based on what is shown on KBS except delayed and with subs. Hopefully the last few words spoken with Inho will help lighten my sentiments of what I saw.

Wait 'tiki-sg' .... what is this about Inho's last few spoken words. I didn't get that coz I just went over the 150th episode & returned to that part currently shown at KBS World...no idea whatsoever. Was it said on that part where they were at the beach & Sunok returned the ring leaving Inho in tears ... I thought this scene was just in the imagination of Sunok & at its worse how she plans to break up with Inho .... I feel awful if she really did part with him. Inho was very hopeful that they can start anew. Please share with me your impressions .... I'll be away till Monday but will check on this thread soonest ....Thanks for keepng CJH thread alive. See you!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DALAL

OMG OMG cannot wait really ...

KBS world still like in the early 140s

and the open ending bite make me :tears:

they sooo deserve a bater end

• 1 year later...
Guest mujisan

I like her spunkiness in Powerful Opponents. Though sometimes it came across as annoying sometimes. I feel like I recognize her from something else but I can't put my finger on it.

• 6 months later...

Archived