Javier Bardem and Penelope Cruz

Guest Fabiola

Penelope Cruz is stunning!

I know that's the dude from Vicky Cristina Barcelona but wow...

they look *kind of* cute together, grats to them

(btw that richard simmons grab pic is kinda huge. haha)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Fabiola

Life & Style exclusive: Penélope Cruz is pregnant!

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 at 9:58 AM ET

Penelope+Cruz+Javier+Bardem+Bono+Leaving+Their+ew7tmDGeHA0l.jpg

Life & Style can reveal exclusively that Penélope Cruz and husband Javier Bardem are expecting their first child.

Last night, Penélope's rep confirmed that she and Javier quietly married at a friend's house in the Bahamas this month. It was an intimate affair, with only close family present. Penélope wore a dress designed by John Galliano.

A movie insider tells Life & Style that the couple wanted to get married before their baby arrives next year.

The Spanish actress is currently filming Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, the fourth installment of the franchise, in the Bahamas. She's playing the feisty daughter of Blackbeard played by Ian McShane, the nemesis of Johnny Depp's character, Jack Sparrow. "There's a little romance between [Depp's] Captain Jack and the character that Penélope plays," producer Jerry Bruckheimer said recently.

http://www.lifeandstylemag.com/2010/07/life-style-exclusive-penelope.html

Penelope+Cruz+Javier+Bardem+Bono+Leaving+Their+LYZ0-S_OG15l.jpg

Penelope+Cruz+Javier+Bardem+Bono+Leaving+Their+2ruvk6wNaUPl.jpg

Guest Fabiola

Javier Bardem's Sister Predicts a Penélope Cruz Pregnancy

By Stephen M. Silverman and Jane Walker

Friday July 16, 2010 11:15 AM EDT

Celebs+Salma+Hayek+Francois+Henri+Pinault+IjLQ1CsdoeEl.jpg

New groom Javier Bardem's sister, Mónica Bardem, may not have been able to attend her brother's wedding to Penélope Cruz in the Bahamas earlier this month, but she does offer an affectionate perspective on the newlyweds: Expect them to be hearing the pitter-patter of little feet.

"They have shown the world they are in love," Monica, 46, according to the Spanish-language Web site of Hola!, "and it would be only normal and natural to have children."

As for why Mónica missed the nuptials, she says, "Unfortunately I couldn't go because of work commitments. But my mother [actress Pilar Bardem] and my brother [actor Carlos Bardem] were there."

Monica, who runs the popular, family-owned restaurant La Bardemcilla in Madrid, has phoned the happy couple to offer her congratulations – and says they understood her absence, and that they are very happy and "so obviously very much in love."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20402530,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines

• 1 month later...
Guest Fabiola

Penelope Cruz & Javier Bardem: Santa Monica Movie Night!

Tue, 07 September 2010 at 6:00 pm

penelope-cruz-javier-bardem-movie-date-04.jpg

Penelope Cruz and her husband, Javier Bardem, go out for a night at the movies together on Saturday (September 4) in Santa Monica, Calif.

penelope-cruz-javier-bardem-movie-date-02.jpg

The 36-year-old actress and her sweetie shared popcorn as they took in a screening of Julianne Moore and Annette Bening’s The Kids Are All Right.

Over the summer, Penelope traveled to Oahu to shoot scenes for Pirates 4 with Johnny Depp!

FYI: Penelope is wearing an H&M trench and an H&M striped sweater.

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2010/09/07/penelope-cruz-javier-bardem-santa-monica-movie-night/#more-579375

Penelope Cruz is pregnant with her first child

Tuesday September 14, 2010

073107_cruz_400X400.jpg

Spanish beauty Penelope Cruz is expecting a baby, her spokesperson has confirmed.

Following increasing speculation, the 36-year-old has released a statement revealing that she is four-and-a-half months pregnant.

It will be the first child for Penelope and her husband Javier Bardem, who married in a secret Bahamian ceremony back in July.

The notoriously private star was snapped on the set of Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides this week wearing a flowing white top covering her baby bump.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/celebrities-news-in-pics/14-09-2010/54685/

Newlywed Penelope Cruz four months pregnant with first child

By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 10:26 AM on 15th September 2010

Spanish film stars Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem are expecting their first child after marrying this summer in the Bahamas.

After months of speculation, Cruz's public relations agency Kuranda confirmed on Tuesday that the 36-year-old Oscar-winning actress was four and a half months pregnant.

The couple's relationship began three years ago and they are amongst a select group of Hollywood couples who have both won Oscars.

article-1311918-0B2E93AD000005DC-470_468x728.jpg

Expectant: Penelope Cruz filming Pirates Of The Caribbean in Hawaii in July

Cruz is currently filming the fourth edition of the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise alongside Johnny Depp.

The low-profile couple quietly began dating in 2007 as they filmed Vicky Cristina Barcelona, but have tried to keep their romance out of the spotlight.

Bardem, 41, made a public declaration of his love for the brunette earlier this year as he collected his Best Actor award at the Cannes Film Festival.

After accepting the trophy, he told the audience: 'I share this joy with my friend, my companion, my love: Penelope: I owe you a lot and I love you so much.'

Cruz has previously said that while she is uncertain about marriage, she is very keen to have children.

penelope-javier-090410-12.jpg

Low-key courtship: Spanish actors Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem quietly married in the Caribbean in July

She told the UK's Psychologies magazine last year: 'I want to have babies one day but not right now. When I do it I want to do it really well. I want it to be my best project in life.

'I don’t know if I believe in marriage. I believe in family, love and children.'

Cruz and Bardem have been friends for nearly 20 years after working together on the Spanish film Jamon Jamon, when the actress was just 19.

Bardem, recently starred in Eat, Love, Pray with Julia Roberts.

Cruz previously dated Matthew McConaughey for two years until 2006 and prior to that, had a high-profile two and a half year relationship with Vanilla Sky co-star Tom Cruise following his split from wife Nicole Kidman.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1311918/Penelope-Cruz-months-pregnant-child.html

Javier Bardem is a Smoking Hot Father-To-Be

Octoberjavierhot10.jpg

Javier Bardem covers the October isssue of Esquire maagazine, and Penelope's husband looks sizzling in these shots, doesn't he?

javier-bardem-table-1010-lg.jpg

The interview was done before it was announced that the Oscar-winning actor is expecting his first child with Cruz, so Bardem chats mostly about his craft and how initially he didn't want the role in No Country for Old Men. Of course, Penelope was present at one point during the chat, and the writer (rather astutely) notes, "His heart must stop a thousand times a day." And hers too --- Javier is hot hot hot!

javier-bardem-cat-1010-lg.jpg

javier-bardem-smoking-cover-1010-lg.jpg

http://x17online.com/celebrities/javier_bardem/javier_bardem_is_a_smoking_hot_fathertobe_-09152010.php

Penelope Cruz's man Javier beams over baby news

Friday September 17, 2010

article-0-0B387FF3000005DC-76_468x693.jpg

Promoting his film Eat, Pray, Love with co-star Julia Roberts, Javier Bardem looks absolutely thrilled with life.

article-0-0B3894AF000005DC-261_468x585.jpg

As well he might since the Spanish talent has just confirmed that he's to become a father.

His wife Penelope Cruz, 36, was not present at the screening in Italy as the pair prefer to conduct their relationship away from the limelight.

But the couple – both Oscar winners – have just enjoyed a romantic stay in Paris together.

While he wasn't willing to go into details about their news, the 41-year-old did speak about his joy.

"I'm really happy that I'm going to be a dad. And that's all I'm going to say".

Meanwhile, Woody Allen – who directed the pair in Vicky Cristina Barcelona – has congratulated them.

"I'm crazy about both of them," he said.

"And I'm sure they'll have a super baby, because their genes are award-winning".

http://www.hellomagazine.com/celebrities-news-in-pics/17-09-2010/54717/

Javier Bardem Breaks Silence on Penélope Cruz's Pregnancy

By Stephen M. Silverman

Sunday September 19, 2010 07:00 AM EDT

56237.jpg

The future father was brief and to the point. "It is true," Javier Bardem said of his wife Penélope Cruz's pregnancy. "I am very happy."

penelope-cruz-88129.jpg

But, adhering to the recently married couple's tradition of keeping mum about private matters, Bardem, 41, added: "Don't make me say anything else."

Not that this request prevented journalists at a press conference in Rome for the leading man's movie with Julia Roberts, Eat Pray Love, from pressing ahead with questions about Baby Bardem.

Has a name been chosen for the impending arrival, asked a reporter for a national Italian newspaper. "No, not yet," replied Bardem.

The key to managing a family and a career? "It is a little too soon for me to be giving any advice," said the actor. "I don't know yet. But I will find out soon."

Finally, when one journalist asked what it felt like being a sex symbol, Bardem replied modestly, "Sex symbol, me? You've got to be kidding."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20427389,00.html

Archived