Javier Bardem and Penelope Cruz

Guest Fabiola

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

America's Sweetheart Julia Roberts eclipsed by father-to-be Javier Bardem on his home turf

By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 11:00 PM on 19th September 2010

She's one of the highest paid actresses in Hollywood and is used to causing mayhem wherever she goes.

But even Julia Roberts found herself thoroughly eclipsed by Javier Bardem when they arrived at the Hotel Maria Cristina today.

Julia and Javier are in Spain to promote Eat Pray Love for the 58th San Sebastian Film Festival in Spain.

article-1313505-0B42DC9A000005DC-691_474x646.jpg

article-1313505-0B42E6F1000005DC-180_472x339.jpg

With her sky-high heels, black dress and sunglasses, Julia looked every inch the Hollywood megastar.

But Javier, in his simple black shirt and jacket, was the center of attention as the crowds went wild for the Spanish actor.

The actor and wife Penelope Cruz, 36, recently announced they are expecting their first child together, after a top-secret wedding ceremony this summer in the Bahamas.

article-1313505-0B42DDC1000005DC-40_472x657.jpg

The very low-profile couple began their relationship on the set of Vicky Cristina Barcelona back in 2007, but refused to confirm or deny the romance.

Bardem, 41, publically declared his love for Penelope as he collected his Best Actor award at the Cannes Film Festival earlier this year.

He told the audience: 'I share this joy with my friend, my companion, my love: Penelope: I owe you a lot and I love you so much.'

And Penelope made no secret of the fact that she wanted to have children.

article-1313505-0B42E756000005DC-887_470x288.jpg

She told the UK's Psychologies magazine last year: 'I want to have babies one day but not right now. When I do it I want to do it really well. I want it to be my best project in life.

'I don’t know if I believe in marriage. I believe in family, love and children.'

Javier recently spoke out about impending fatherhood during an Eat Pray Love press conference in Rome, despite he and Penelope's notorious reluctance to discuss personal matters with the press.

He said: 'It is true. I am very happy. Don't make me say anything else!'

When asked if a name had been chosen for little baby Bardem, Javier said 'No, not yet.'

And he admitted he has no clue how he will one day balance a career with fatherhood.

'It is a little too soon for me to be giving any advice. I don't know yet. But I will find out soon.'

Despite being considered one of the most attractive actors around, Javier is clearly uncomfortable with being branded a sex symbol.

He said: 'Sex symbol, me? You've got to be kidding.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1313505/Americas-Sweetheart-Julia-Roberts-eclipsed-father-Javier-Bardem-home-turf.html

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fabiola

MOM ON THE MOVE

penelope-cruz-435.jpg

Penélope Cruz flashes a sneak peek of her growing baby bump while

making her way through London's Heathrow Airport on Monday night

looking lovely in a sheer black lace blouse.

http://www.people.com/people/gallery/0,,20431711,00.html#20858623

• 2 months later...
Guest Fabiola

Hatta girl! Pregnant Penelope Cruz looks stylish in trilby as she fits in some last-minute Christmas clothes shopping

By Jody Thompson

Last updated at 1:14 AM on 24th December 2010

She's just a few weeks away from giving birth - but despite sporting a huge bump, Penelope Cruz still managed to look incredibly stylish as she shopped for clothes in Los Angeles yesterday.

Cutting a dash in a jaunty trilby, cream-coloured coat and black trousers, 36-year-old Penelope was given a VIP shopping experience at the Ed Hardy boutique on Melrose Avenue.

The store was closed for two hours to allow the star to make her purchases in peace - and perhaps staff wanted to give the blooming star extra room to manoeuvre.

article-1341319-0C924B54000005DC-897_468x655.jpg

The Hollywood beauty is almost eight months pregnant with her and 41-year-old husband Javier Bardem's first child.

But Penelope hasn't exactly put her feet up since becoming an expectant mother.

As recently as last month, the star was in London filming scenes for her new starring role in the next Pirates Of The Caribbean movie.

article-1341319-0C924AE1000005DC-139_224x488.jpgarticle-1341319-0C924B4A000005DC-280_224x488.jpg

Despite her big bump, producers on the film carried on shooting close-ups of the Spanish beauty - but enlisted her sister Monica as a body double.

According to reports, whilst Penelope will be in all of the close-up shots, Monica will star in the long-distance scenes.

article-1341319-0C924B3E000005DC-338_468x604.jpg

On Stranger Tides sees the return of Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow and introduces fans to Penelope as swashbuckling Angelica.

It was during filming of the first scenes of the movie that Penelope married fellow Spaniard Javier at a low-key ceremony in the Caribbean in July.

The pair started dating in 2007 after starring together in the Woody Allen movie Vicky Cristina Barcelona - and now they're looking forward to their next starring role as parents.

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides meanwhile opens in cinemas in May.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1341319/Penelope-Cruz-looks-stylish-trilby-fits-minute-Christmas-clothes-shopping.html

Guest Fabiola

Penelope and Javier court with cameras

The West Australian

December 28, 2010, 8:46 am

Courtside at the basketball isn't the most romantic place to spend Christmas - but it didn't stop Penelope Cruz and husband Javier Bardem from getting cosy during the LA Lakers vs Miami Heat match at the weekend.

CRUZ%20BARDEM%20122510%20XYZ%2038.jpg

Bardem and Cruz, who is six months pregnant with the couple's first child, put on a public display of affection when they were captured on the "kiss cam", prompting cheers of delight from the audience.

CRUZ%20BARDEM%20122510%20XYZ%2004.jpg

CRUZ%20BARDEM%20122510%20XYZ%2074.jpg

The couple were among a number of celebrities who put the festivities on hold and headed to the Staples Centre in LA.

Other A-listers spotted courtside included Cameron Diaz and Khloe Kardashian.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/entertainment/a/-/entertainment/8570741/penelope-and-javier-court-with-cameras/

Wow!!!!!!! So unexpected! Since 2007 wooooooooooooooooooo!

Isn't he the guy who was in Watchmen and Supernatural tv show series? O_O

And awww that was so sweet of him!!!!!! I don't think Angelina Jolie or Brad Pitt ever said anything about each other when they won something XP

Supernatural? Which character? If you're thinking of Bobby, that's Jim Beaver. :P

What a cooincidence, I just watched Vicky Cristina Barcelona XD ! That really was sweet of him to do that :wub:, and Penelope Cruz is gorgeous!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Fabiola

Bring on baby

Last Updated: 12:57 AM, January 18, 2011

Posted: 12:46 AM, January 18, 2011

Leonardo DiCaprio and girlfriend Bar Refaeli surprised Penelope Cruz at her baby shower Saturday. Friends of the actress, who's expected to give birth to her and Javier Bardem's child any day, threw a girls' bash for her at a Hollywood mansion, but a source told us, "Leo wanted to show up to surprise her." Cruz and Bardem are now headed for a three-day break in Palm Springs to relax before their big day.

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/bring_on_baby_WI5MgE3YvgAHyRua6iw9HK?CMP=OTC-rss&FEEDNAME=

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fabiola

Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem celebrate the arrival of their first baby

26 JANUARY 2011

penelope-cruz2-a.jpg

Spain's premier couple, Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem, have welcomed their first child together.

The 36-year-old actress gave birth to a little boy on Saturday – news exclusively revealed to HELLO!'s sister publication, HOLA!.

The new arrival was born in Los Angeles' world-renowned Cedars Sinai hospital. It is not yet known what the first-time parents have decided to name their son.

By Penelope and Javier's side were the actress' family, including her mother Encarna, her younger brother Eduardo and her sister Monica, accompanied by her actor boyfriend Alex Gonzalez.

bardem-abrazo--a.jpg

The Cruz family were seen arriving at the hospital and were later snapped embracing a beaming Javier outside.

And on Monday in Madrid – home of the Hollywood couple – Javier's mother Pilar Bardem was pictured jetting out of Barajas airport, reportedly bound for the US to meet her grandson for the first time.

It had originally been thought that Penelope would choose to give birth in the Spanish capital, but after spending Christmas in LA, she decided to have her child there to ensure the baby had dual nationality.

It has been an incredible week for 41-year-old Javier. Just four days after the birth of his son, the No Country For Old Men actor discovered he has been nominated for his third Academy Award.

Penelope and Javier are one of Hollywood's most private couples. The couple started dating in 2007 and tied the knot in July in a low-key Caribbean ceremony with just a few guests present.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/celebrities/201101264847/penelope-cruz/javier-bardem/baby-son-born/1/

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fabiola

Name of Javier Bardem, Penelope Cruz's Son Revealed

According to Spanish director and family friend Santiago Segura, the couple's child has is named Leo.

4:24 PM 2/8/2011 by Pamela Rolfe

Javier-Bardem3.jpg_e_599b858b8a71726c238d26b8e15a5247.jpg

New dad Javier Bardem took time off from baby

duty to celebrate his Best Actor nomination for

Biutiful. His gorgeous wife, Penelope Cruz, gave

birth to their first son just a couple of weeks ago.

MADRID -- The best-kept secret in Spain is out.

Javier Bardem and Penelope Cruz’s son’s name is Leo, according to a slip of the tongue by Spanish director and family friend Santiago Segura.

“I know what you want and you don’t understand why they don’t come running to show off the baby and say, ‘Look, here’s Leo.' You’re a bunch of busybodies,” Segura blurted out when questioned by journalists why the couple shies away from the press.

Realizing his error, Segura then said “Yeah, Leo. I think so. That’s what I think I heard. But they haven’t said anything.”

According to Spanish news reports, the baby’s full name is Leo Encinas Cruz, as is Spanish custom to use both the father and mother’s last names. Encinas is Bardem’s father’s last name, though he prefers to use his mother’s last name, Bardem.

Cruz gave birth at Cedars-Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles on Jan. 22.

The baby’s name could not be confirmed late Tuesday in Spain.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/javier-bardem-penelope-cruzs-son-97434

Natalie-Portman-and-Javier-Bardem.jpg_e_6f0ff81c0bf36185e349a4543d5345a5.jpg

Perhaps Javier Bardem was passing on some baby tip to mum-to-be Natalie Portman? The actress

certainly looked entertained....

Guest Fabiola

Glowing Penelope Cruz is all smiles on first dinner date with husband Javier Bardem since son's birth

By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 12:33 AM on 12th February 2011

From the wide grin on her face, it's clear Penelope Cruz is looking forward to being reunited with her baby boy.

The actress enjoyed her first night out since the birth of her month-old son as she and husband Javier Bardem headed for dinner at Koi Restaurant in Los Angeles.

The pair were all smiles as they snuggled up in the back seat of the car taking them home.

article-1356180-0D21C9A4000005DC-186_634x508.jpg

Earlier this week Spanish actor Bardem, 41, spoke about his baby son for the first time.

Bardem appeared on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno and the US TV host congratulated him on the birth of his first child.

The actor grinned and said: 'Thank you, thank you very much.'

Asked how Penelope and the baby are, he said: 'Everything is going perfectly.'

Penelope and Javier have not publicly announced the name of their new bundle of joy but Spanish director and family friend Santiago Segura may have let the cat out of the bag.

article-1356180-0D197C79000005DC-601_634x437.jpg

Santiago inadvertently blurted out the name of the little boy after he was questioned by journalists.

He said: 'I know what you want and you don't understand why they don't come running to show off the baby and say: 'Look, here's Leo.' You're a bunch of busybodies.'

According to The Hollywood Reporter, he added: 'Yeah, Leo. I think so.

'That's what I think I heard. But they haven't said anything.'

It was recently reported in Spain that the baby was named Leo Incinas Cruz but it is yet been confirmed.

Javier is nominated for a Best Actor Oscar at the Academy Awards later this month for his role in Biutiful.

Penelope and Javier started dating in 2007 after starring together in the Woody Allen movie Vicky Cristina Barcelona.

But the couple have known one another for 19 years after meeting on the set of Penelope's debut film, the Spanish comedy drama Jamon Jamon, when she was 18.

They married in a low-key ceremony in the Caribbean in July with only a few relatives present.

The Spaniards have kept their relationship very low-key but Bardem paid a special tribute to his wife when he accepted the Best Actor award at the Cannes Film Festival.

He told the audience on accepting his trophy: 'I share this joy with my friend, my companion, my love: Penelope: I owe you a lot and I love you so much'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1356180/Glowing-Penelope-Cruz-smiles-dinner-date-sons-birth.html

Guest Fabiola

Javier Bardem Wins Best Actor Goya For ‘Biutiful’

By Miu von Furstenberg / February 14, 2011 2:45

javier-bardem-goya-02142011-03-430x307.jpg

Javier Bardem picked up Best Actor at the 2011 Goya Awards for his performance in Mexican director Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu‘s Biutiful, adding to the Best Actor Prize he won for the role at the Cannes Film Festival last year.

javier-bardem-goya-02142011-04-430x260.jpg

The actor dedicated the award to his wife Penelope Cruz and newborn son.

javier-bardem-goya-02142011-05-430x609.jpg

Accepting the trophy, his fifth Goya, Bardem the crowd, “I receive it as a warm hug and support from my colleagues, which is the most important for an actor. I dedicate it to my wife and son for awakening my heart and smile every day.”

javier-bardem-goya-02142011-01-430x631.jpg

http://socialitelife.com/javier-bardem-wins-best-actor-goya-for-biutiful-02-2011

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fabiola

penelope-cruz-olivia-wilde-queen-latifah-disney-parks-01.jpg

Penelope Cruz and Jeff Bridges take on the roles of Belle and the Beast in a new image shot by celebrity photographer Annie Leibovitz.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Fabiola

penelope-cruz-032411-5.jpg

penelope-cruz-032411-6.jpg

Penelope Cruz was spotted leaving the “Jimmy Kimmel Live” studios in

Hollywood, California last night (March 24).

Guest Fabiola

Penelope Cruz gets Hollywood Walk of Fame star

April 1, 2011 06:02 PM EST

LOS ANGELESPenelope Cruz has been enshrined in concrete.

pcruz-04111-4.jpg

The Oscar-winning actress unveiled her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame star Friday, flanked by leading men Javier Bardem and Johnny Depp.

pcruz-04111-5.jpg

The event is timed ahead of next month's release of "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides," in which she stars with Depp.

The Spanish star says that when she came to the United States in 1994, she only knew how to say "How are you?" and "I want to work with Johnny Depp" in English.

She jokes that now, she knows how to say "I want to work with Johnny Depp again."

The 36-year-old actress co-starred with husband Bardem in her Oscar-winning role in "Vicky Christina Barcelona." They welcomed their son in January.

pcruz-04111-6.jpg

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20110401/us-people-penelope-cruz/

Archived