Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

Guest lornranger

Does anyone know what is Ye Jin next project? Wiki states it is Agent Zero, which the info I found was "outdated", dated 2006.

Seol Kyung-Gu (first TV Drama appearance) and Son Ye-Jin have just signed for a 15 Billion Won CSI-style police procedural TV Drama called 'Agent Zero'. Season based (first 24 Eps should be aired in early 2007), written by Kim Hee-Jae of Silmido, Holiday etc. in partnership with some of the writing/adaptation team of City of Violence and the writer who helped Park Chan-Wook write Oldboy (they do a couple eps a piece, American style). Other parts will be shot in Tokyo and other Asian countries so probably a pretty global project. Producers are Yellow Film of Alone in Love.

It states it will be aired in 2007 but I didn't find it. Was it postponed?

Guest chatteraddict

hi there!

valley girl the pictures that quteacho provided is the salon that SYJ go into, its actually a high class salon where celebrities and soccer players (its soccer in korea right) go to. It is said that the salon is very private and it doesnt look like a salon at all if seen from its exterior. Celebrities such as Park Jin Hee, Han Ji Min, soccer players park Ji Sung and Cho Jae Jin go here, it is also said that the owner made the second floor of the salon a dining place for these celebrites, SYJ is often seen here eating rice.

lornranger Agent Zero was a CSI-style drama SYJ was suppose to do with Seol Kyung Gu in 2006-2007, at first they anounced that it will be a 24-episode drama, then after a while, the producers said it will be a 2 season drama containing 50+ episodes and will be shot from different countries in Asia such as Japan, China and Thailand, but the project got delayed because of some problems with the writers. It has been 2years since the announcement of Agent Zero, usually actors are contracted for a specific period of time, once it expires, they have to make another negotiation again. If ever Agent Zero will go into production (which i think has a small possibilities) i think SYJ wont be doing it anymore or they have to negotiate with her again for a new contract.

I really think its very sad that the drama didnt push thru.

As of now, SYJ is still in Cuba having her much deserved rest after filming my Wife is Married and Spotlight. i guess she'll be back in Korea before October to promote the film. Kim Joo hyuk is her co-star. They actually filmed this movie in replacement on the original movie called The Nakrang Club where SYJ was suppose to play a North Korean Spy in the 1930's (well not sure if its the 30's or the 50's) Nakrang Club was in pre-production when the producers got problems with the budget.

the thing is i read it somewhere in the newspaper (just some weeks ago)about the character she was suppose to portray in the Nakrang Club saying that the spy isnt really a spy but was just framed and they are preparing to make it in a movie, they even chose a director to do it, so im just not sure if they will still ask SYJ to be on the cast.

Anyway,we'll all know her next project after My wife is Married hit cinemas, hoping it will be a huge success.

have you watched SYJ's other projects such as Alone in Love,Open City, A Moment to Remember, Apri Snow and The Classic?

Guest lornranger

Hi chatteraddict, thanks for the lengthy explaination! :) I am watching Alone in Love now. Will watch Open City, AMTR, AS, and The Classic after I have finished with Alone in Love. Do you by any chance know where I can get Delicious Proposal, Sun-hee & Jin-hee, and Daemang?

Guest chatteraddict

Hi chatteraddict, thanks for the lengthy explaination! :) I am watching Alone in Love now. Will watch Open City, AMTR, AS, and The Classic after I have finished with Alone in Love. Do you by any chance know where I can get Delicious Proposal, Sun-hee & Jin-hee, and Daemang?

hey lornranger i just realized my reply was so long! sorry! :) its a good choice that you're watching Alone in love first, i believe its her best work so far in terms of acting, dont foget to watch Art of Seduction as well, she was funny there!

Daemang (Great Ambition), my gosh you just missed it! they're showing it in Arirang tv now, but SYJ left that drama half way because at that time she was chosen as the lead for the classic. Her last appearance was just this week, she plays a merchant acting as a man, her character is very witty and smart, and she's very funny there! i think you can find the episodes at the Dae Mang thread here in soompi, some one uploaded episode per episode.

im sorry i havent seen Delicious proposal and Sun-Hee and Jin-Hee yet, been trying to look for those drama but cant find them.

have you watched Summer Scent as well, i didnt like that drama,personally i think its too draggy, but some loved it, but for me, she's most beautiful there!

Guest lornranger

hey lornranger i just realized my reply was so long! sorry! :) its a good choice that you're watching Alone in love first, i believe its her best work so far in terms of acting, dont foget to watch Art of Seduction as well, she was funny there!

Daemang (Great Ambition), my gosh you just missed it! they're showing it in Arirang tv now, but SYJ left that drama half way because at that time she was chosen as the lead for the classic. Her last appearance was just this week, she plays a merchant acting as a man, her character is very witty and smart, and she's very funny there! i think you can find the episodes at the Dae Mang thread here in soompi, some one uploaded episode per episode.

im sorry i havent seen Delicious proposal and Sun-Hee and Jin-Hee yet, been trying to look for those drama but cant find them.

have you watched Summer Scent as well, i didnt like that drama,personally i think its too draggy, but some loved it, but for me, she's most beautiful there!

Yup, finally finished Alone In Love. :) Great drama! I had watched Summer Scent quite some time ago but did not complete it. I think I stopped at Episode 4. I'm going to get started at Daemang next! As for the movies, I have gotten almost all of her movies except for the early 2000's release like Painted Fire. Will get started on the movies after Daemang.

I'm now thinking of purchasing a DVD boxset of Alone in Love. But I wonder if the non-premium version has the 2 bonus DVDs of english subtitled extras? Or are they non-subtitled?

I hope SYJ choose a drama with great script for her next project! ^_^

Guest valley girl

wow really , korean soccer player so Metrosexual hahahha..

Sjy is one of my fave aCtress, she's actress that really can act ~~> her awards proof it!!,

she has a talent, her talent more than her beautiful faces, agree??

actually spotlight SJY for me her acting is Good why'd people bash her in spotlight.

like alone in love , i'am surprise she won best actress in baeksang because of this drama, Yeah

i've watched all of her project except daemang ?? i couldn't find it . in internet i don't enough money :lol: :lol:

Guest chatteraddict

wow really , korean soccer player so Metrosexual hahahha..

Sjy is one of my fave aCtress, she's actress that really can act ~~> her awards proof it!!,

she has a talent, her talent more than her beautiful faces, agree??

actually spotlight SJY for me her acting is Good why'd people bash her in spotlight.

like alone in love , i'am surprise she won best actress in baeksang because of this drama, Yeah

i've watched all of her project except daemang ?? i couldn't find it . in internet i don't enough money :lol: :lol:

hey Valley girl i havent seen spotlight yet, still waiting for my dvd copy. SYJ was bashed in Spotlight? how come? i know there were alot of talks about the low ratings (but really from the start i felt that the drama will not have favorable ratings due to its schedule) but was her acting bashed? or she was bashed personally?

oh Dae Mang is currently being aired in Arirang tv, you visit the Dae Mang site here in soompi, there's a kind soul who uploaded all the episodes, but since its from Arirang, its only 25-28 mins long each episode. But SYJ is just a supporting cast but her character is so much fun!

lornranger i have the non-premium copy,it doesnt have the 2-extra disk, just the episodes and the OST. with the premium all has subs, even the extras, but i think its out of print now.

Guest lornranger

Erm this isn't related to SYJ but now that she's in Cuba... :( I hope she is safe.

Hurricane Gustav bears down on Cuba

Hurricane Gustav, which has killed 78 people across the Caribbean, has strengthened as it bears down on Cuba.

Gustav is carrying 200km-an-hour winds and building into a major category 4 storm, officials at the US National Hurricane Centre said.

It is expected to hit the United States next week after roaring across the Gulf of Mexico.

Juan Jacomino, a Cuban journalist, told Al Jazeera: "This major danger is going to hit us with all it's worth - it's not a possibility it's is a fact.

"[Gustav] is the same strength a hurricane as Katrina ... there will be economic losses for sure.

"The western part of Cuba is going to be most affected but also Havana, which has two million people ... may suffer a lot."

Thousands of people have moved into shelters supplied with food in Cuba and medical teams placed on alert.

The storm's centre was 360km from Cuba's western tip and moving north-northwest at 19km-an-hour, forecasters said on Saturday.

In the western province of Pinar del Rio, workers were moving recently harvested crops of tobacco to safe places.

chatteraddict I have seen Yesasia has the non-premium edition and it does come with 2 bonus DVDs but there is no mention of the extras being subtitled. http://www.yesasia.com/global/alone-in-lov...-0-en/info.html

It is pretty expensive as well. Compare to the US version http://www.yesasia.com/us/alone-in-love-sb...-0-en/info.html which has the English subtitled extras.

Guest valley girl

hey Valley girl i havent seen spotlight yet, still waiting for my dvd copy. SYJ was bashed in Spotlight? how come? i know there were alot of talks about the low ratings (but really from the start i felt that the drama will not have favorable ratings due to its schedule) but was her acting bashed? or she was bashed personally?

oh Dae Mang is currently being aired in Arirang tv, you visit the Dae Mang site here in soompi, there's a kind soul who uploaded all the episodes, but since its from Arirang, its only 25-28 mins long each episode. But SYJ is just a supporting cast but her character is so much fun!

lornranger i have the non-premium copy,it doesnt have the 2-extra disk, just the episodes and the OST. with the premium all has subs, even the extras, but i think its out of print now.

yeah ,, i've watched Spotlight already.. i think her act stunning as usual maybe they hate SYJ's characther. in my local country forum , most people hate SYJ in spotlight. since she has less fan girl in my country hahha. i feel her act Always be good as usual

Spotlight i like her,, this drama so japanese drama less love more into plot unlike usual K-drama. both SYJ and JJH made good companion, maybe this drama quite dissapoint people who likes romance story. but i thought it was a Cool drama serious..

i am Happy SJY back now!! onnie jia you

Guest hekijo_00

i really hope one day she would play in a romantic comedy drama.

I have seen her in summer scent(my first kdrma) which was the best n im currently rewatching it.

i've all her movies but somehow its just not enough.

im longing to see her in a comedy drama which brings more satisfaction.

Btw,im thinking of buying Spotlight.Can someone please tell me whether its worth the money to buy it?

i mean would it give me the same feeling as watching summer scent.

Sumthing to share.Dont know whether it has already been post before or not

the classic deleted scene

the classic mv/behind the scene

Ye jin was really cute.gotta love her

Guest chatteraddict

i really hope one day she would play in a romantic comedy drama.

I have seen her in summer scent(my first kdrma) which was the best n im currently rewatching it.

i've all her movies but somehow its just not enough.

im longing to see her in a comedy drama which brings more satisfaction.

Btw,im thinking of buying Spotlight.Can someone please tell me whether its worth the money to buy it?

i mean would it give me the same feeling as watching summer scent.

Sumthing to share.Dont know whether it has already been post before or not

the classic deleted scene

Ye jin was really cute.gotta love her

hi hekijo im currently watching Spotlight, finished episode 9 already, i think i'll be done by tomorrow so i cant make any judgement yet, personaly i didnt like Summer Scent, she's so pretty there but i find the story old and draggy (but then again that's just me) anyhow, Spotlight cant be compared to Summer Scent, if you're looking for romance, you wont find it there. If you ask me, Alone In Love was Ye-Jin's best in terms of acting.

Im just not sure about her latest movie coming in cinemas this October (My Wife got married) but somehow i have this feeling that it can be a romantic comedy. Her character had 2 husbands there.

Guest valley girl

i wanna watch his latest movie, has 2 husband wow cool girl :lol: !!!,

about his drama i will taking the biggest

summer scent , alone in love , spotlight each drama has a differences,

yeah i like alone in love even the rating was low she was outstanding there but Spotlight she is Good too.

i dunno i like type drama like spotlight

Guest lornranger

Ok this is being random but I just took a double look at the awards SYJ won and I'm surprised that she didn't get any award for the movie AMTR.

hey chatteraddict, I'm just wondering if you understand korean? Because there is no English Subbed DVD of Spotlight out yet.

Guest chatteraddict

Ok this is being random but I just took a double look at the awards SYJ won and I'm surprised that she didn't get any award for the movie AMTR.

hey chatteraddict, I'm just wondering if you understand korean? Because there is no English Subbed DVD of Spotlight out yet.

I love AMTR, its my favorite SYJ movie,i guess at that time she was still considered a newbie and AMTR is more of a commercial film than the one who usually gets nominated for awards but then again, AMTR made SYJ a top stop, before this movie, her salary was less than 100 million won, but for this particular project, her salary sky rocketed to 300 million won. Anyway, im still glad she got her first best actress award from an International competition for the movie April Snow (she so deserves it!) where she beaten Zhang Zi Yi, and you should guess who recieved her award that time, none other than Jung Woo Sung! lol

I can understand korean just a little bit but i cant read em.I got my Spotlight dvd last week and already done watching it.

Guest lornranger

I love AMTR, its my favorite SYJ movie,i guess at that time she was still considered a newbie and AMTR is more of a commercial film than the one who usually gets nominated for awards but then again, AMTR made SYJ a top stop, before this movie, her salary was less than 100 million won, but for this particular project, her salary sky rocketed to 300 million won. Anyway, im still glad she got her first best actress award from an International competition for the movie April Snow (she so deserves it!) where she beaten Zhang Zi Yi, and you should guess who recieved her award that time, none other than Jung Woo Sung! lol

I can understand korean just a little bit but i cant read em.I got my Spotlight dvd last week and already done watching it.

Yeah, I heard about it. :) YeJin wasn't at the award ceremony cos she didn't expect to win.

Hmm so how do you like Spotlight? I find the ending a bit rushed and disappointing. But overall, for me, it's a good drama because of the suspense!

김주혁, 손예진 주연 '아내가 결혼했다'10월 23일 개봉

2008-09-11 posted by Louis in iyejin

(서울=뉴스와이어) 제2회 세계문학상 당선작으로 발간되자 마자 파격적 소재와 신선한 재미로 3개월 만에 10만 부 이상의 판매를 기록하며 화제를 모은 동명의 베스트셀러를 영화화 한 < 아내가 결혼했다 > (제공 CJ엔터테인먼트 | 제작 주피터필름 I 감독 정윤수 I 주연 김주혁, 손예진)가 10월 23일 개봉을 확정하였다.

김주혁 손예진 주연, < 지금 사랑하는 사람과 살고 있습니까 > 정윤수 감독 연출!

결혼의 충격적 진화가 시작된다!

20080910111304.497.0.jpg

영화 < 아내가 결혼했다 > 는 결혼하면 게임 끝이라고 생각한 남자와 다른 남자와도 결혼하겠다고 선언한 여자의 속사정을 담아 결혼과 사랑에 대한 유쾌한 발상의 전환을 제기하는 2008년 가장 도발적인 문제작. 주인공 '덕훈', '인아' 역에 김주혁과 손예진이 캐스팅 되며 원작 캐릭터에 가장 잘 어울리는 최고의 캐스팅이라는 평가를 받으며 제작 전부터 기대를 한몸에 받아왔다. 또한 < 지금 사랑하는 사람과 살고 있습니까 > 로 네 남녀의 엇갈린 로맨스라는 파격적 소재를 세련된 영상과 균형감 있는 연출로 그려내며 관객과 평단의 호평을 받은 정윤수 감독이 연출을 맡아 신뢰를 더한다. 파격적인 소재, 김주혁, 손예진 두 배우의 매력적 연기 변신, 그리고 정윤수 감독의 탁월한 영상 감각과 연출력이 어우러진 < 아내가 결혼했다 > 는 원작이 주는 재미를 뛰어넘는 신선한 충격과 도발로 2008년 관객의 마음을 자극할 것.

나는 친구가 아니다. 전 남편도 아니다. 엄연한 현재 남편이다. 그런데…아내가 결혼했다.

도발적인 제목으로 호기심을 자극하는 < 아내가 결혼했다 > 는 엄연히 현재 남편이 있음에도 불구하고 다른 남자와도 결혼을 하겠다는 아내를 통해 '이중 결혼'이라는 기존의 통념을 깬 파격적인 소재로 벌써부터 화제를 예고하고 있다. "사랑은 나누면 두 배가 된다"고 생각하는 '주인아' 역을 맡은 손예진은 자유롭고 당당한 매력의 '인아'로 완벽하게 변신, 끊임없이 연기 변신을 펼쳐온 팔색조의 매력을 유감없이 발휘한다. 도발적이고 섹시한 동시에 사랑스러움과 지적인 면모를 갖춘 '인아'를 통해 이전에는 볼 수 없었던 진보적이고 개성 넘치는 여성 캐릭터로 가을 극장가를 뜨겁게 달굴 예정이다. 한편 자유로운 영혼 '인아'에 대응해 "어떻게 사랑이 나눠지니"라고 응수하는 로맨티스트 '노덕훈'은 < 광식이 동생 광태 > [프라하의 연인]의 대한민국 대표 로맨틱 가이 김주혁이 맡았다. 자유로운 그녀를 내 것으로 만드는 유일한 방법은 결혼뿐이라 생각했지만 인아의 또 다른 충격 선언에 갈등하고, 사랑하는 그녀를 놓치지 않기 위한 전면전에 돌입하는 '덕훈' 캐릭터에 생생한 숨결을 불어넣은 김주혁. 특유의 로맨틱함으로 올 가을 여심을 자극함은 물론 손예진과의 새로운 커플 연기로 사랑스러운 매력과 영화의 재미를 배가시킬 것이다.

결혼과 사랑에 대해 유쾌한 발상의 전환을 제기하는 2008년 가장 도발적인 문제작 < 아내가 결혼했다 > 는 현재 후반 작업 중이며 10월 23일 개봉한다.

출처:CJ엔터테인먼트

보도자료 통신사 뉴스와이어(www.newswire.co.kr) 배포