How do you cook ramen? (korean style)

Guest blackjackVip

just the way you cook the packaged ramen makes a difference too. do you add the package seasonings to the boiling water first or the noodle itself first? i used to do boil water, put in ramen, and then add seasoning packet. BUT NOW i add the seasoning first then add the noodle after the seasoning has boiled for a good minute in the water. the difference is that the soup becomes much more enhanced if you add the seasonings first because it can cook longer. also the noodle itself won't be too soggy. for toppings i throw in almost anything from the fridge. typical is kimchi, any leftover meat or hot dog, egg- i sometimes fry an egg and put it on top or just crack an egg into the ramen, any kind of green leaf vegetables, grilled meat is also excellent, and if i want more kick i will add a bit of soy sauce and dry pepper flakes. the possibilities are endless.

Same for me. I always just put the ramen and an amount of water in a pan and let it cook, but now I'm doing the same as you. It's soooo good. I add everything that I can find.

You all should eat it with Sui Mai.. it's heaven.

Guest 정유미

I usually put in a lotttt of leeks. like 3-4 stalks? lol. and mooore shiitake mushrooms. sometimes i'd add seaweed, too. but i don't really like it with eggs. ><

Guest Eun_neptune_Him

I wait till the water is boiled up. Then put the noodles in and then the sauce. I'v never tried it with like fish or anything before, i wish i can try it someday. Watching SBS Family Outing always makes me wanna cook Korean food like they do.

Archived