Pretty Little Liars

Guest Miro25

Guest Miro25

new TV series
New tv show coming to ABC Family - june 8th. Based off of the book series by Sara Shepard.

Basic synopsis in case you haven't read the books -

Pretty Little Liars is a new ABC Family original series about five best friends and their life in a seemingly idyllic community. Until the night Alison goes missing. And then Aria, Hanna, Spencer and Emily start to receive messages from the anonymous "A" who knows all of their secrets. Suddenly, their picture-perfect world begins to unravel as lies and betrayal threaten everything they hold dear. . . including their lives. You can’t miss this exciting new drama filled with mystery and intrigue! Based on the popular book series, Pretty Little Liars premieres this summer, only on ABC Family!

Loving the poster for the show --

26097_399598285232_291824160232_4452805_2877451_n.jpg

Anyone heard about the show?

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pockii

OMGGGG.

I read the whole series of this, but I think theres more coming..

ahhhck! This book is a total must read !!

I can`t wait for it to air !!!

but too bad they didn`t use the actual girls from the books...

Guest Miro25

Cool that you got to see that commercial in the theater!

Sara Shepard (the author) is totally behind the show, which is awesome. I saw her post on PLL's Facebook profle

Question #2 Are you happy with how the actresses look?

SS: Yes! I realize that some of them don’t look exactly like the characters as I describe them in the books, but I don’t think it matters. On screen, they really embody the essential elements of each girl, and I think that’s the most important part. And now that I’ve met them, I really think each girl fits her part so well. Shay, for example, who plays Emily, is so sweet, caring and funny. Lucy, who plays Aria, is definitely edgy and cool. Ashley, who plays Hanna, is a total It Girl. And Troian, who plays Spencer, is really smart and savvy. I couldn’t have asked for better PLLs.

Here is the rest of the post.

Guest Iridescence

I've actually read all the books to this series. Which is a surprise considering I don't have time to read. I'm pretty excited for this show. I thought it was a very interesting storyline so I can't wait to see what they're going to do with it.

Guest Miro25

Lucy Hale was great in Privileged - glad to see she is back on TV. Seems like a huge role for her. And as far as source material goes, I really don't think they could have picked a better book series - there is mystery and family drama, plus romance and some really complicated friendships...so much for them to work with, you know?

• 1 month later...
Guest Miro25

Excuse the double post, but I wanted to revive this discussion since the show starts in only 1 week - June 8. Lots of new previews online and some images of Shay and Ashley at the Prince of Persia premiere...

49dd231fcdf31f5a59b7704000120a03.jpg

loving their outfits, especially Aria's - I can see myself trying to copy her looks after watching the show.

Guest nana544

I have not heard of this new show, but I'm sure going to look forward for it. It looks interesting!

Guest toGETherONE

"Never trust a pretty girl with an ugly secret."

~ ??? ~

I won't even trust an ugly girl with an ugly secret, so what makes you think I will offer it to a pretty one. (Goes and sweeps my voluminous crane of long silky auburn hair from one side to the other. Takes my right hand and shoves it to your face, "Talk to the palm 'cos you ain't the bomb. I'm outty!")

Guest Miro25

The episodes be on the official site, but I am gonna wanna watch it the minute it debuts on TV! Less than one week till Tuesday, June 8.

Here are a brunch more videos on the Facebook page about each of the characters I think Aria is gonna be my favorite or maybe Hanna...can't decide!!

This looks really good! I am probably going to read the books too, the plot REALLY reminds me of Desperate Housewives...XD

when I first saw the previews, i thought it was for a ABC Family movie, glad to know it's a tv show. I absolutely love Lucy Hale and am very glad to know that I shall be seeing her back on tv.

desperate housewives? eh, maybe a teenage version but it's hard to say. i can't wait for the show to air... or has it already? im not sure. =)

Guest Miro25

Privileged alum is a major draw for sure!

The show hasn't started yet, premieres on Tuesday (June 8) at 8 pm eastern time. Found an interview with Lucy Hale - they consider the show like a younger Desperate Housewives.

Q: So, this is like a young Desperate Housewives?

Lucy: Yes.

Ashley: We have gotten a lot of comparisons to that.

Lucy: And Gossip Girl.

Ashley: And I Know What You Did Last Summer.

Lucy: But, there is a realness to our show. Yeah, it is over the top with crazy storylines, but we do it in a way that you can relate to it.

Ashley: It’s not so over the top. It’s very real.

Q: What has been the most memorable moment of filming the show so far?

Lucy: It was a Friday night, at literally six in the morning, and we were shooting a party scene. We were all slap-happy and we played “Would You Rather,” which is a game where you ask if you would rather do this terrible thing or that terrible thing. We got to know each other really well.

Guest cherii2007

@Kiklo: I'm up to Wicked, the 5th of the series. From book 1 I've been hooked, but after a few I've had to take a break, and since the 4th it's been like a week. I just needed that break to digest what happened, because a lot happens (esp. in book 4). They are really easy to read. Chapters are pretty short, only takes at most 10-15 mins to read one chapter, I think.

The girls all have their secrets, and there is this mysterious person "A" sending the four- Spencer, Hannah, Aria, Emily- text messages, IMs, notes; after the haunting disappearance of their head of their posse, Allison (Ali). There are drugs, sex, smoking, swearing; so you've been warned. They were like 14 when it all happened, but now they're 16-17 (?). Uhh so yeah.

I'm wondering how the TV show will hold up.

Guest poohbear101

ahhhhhhhhhh omg i hate this! grrr my ABC Family channel disappeared! i cant watch the premiere today -_____-

Archived