Hey...i think the way you dress

Guest 4ever_sweet

Guest 4ever_sweet

does affect your attractiveness
****I know there were posts about this ideal before but...let me continue***

So, i usually dress down a lot. I'm not the type to dress nice all the time...(excluding work). Most of the times, I walk around unnoticed by guys (which is GREAT! That's how I like it!).

Well...today, I decided to dress up for ONCE. I also went to the lake to take some pictures of the lake (I like to take pictures so yea...)

In turns out, when I was still walking taking pictures...these guys "hollered" at me. I know I'm not an attractive person...seriously.

But, one of the guy (the youngest one) wanted to take a picture of me so badly. I kept refusing, cause...they're strangers. But he said to me,

"You're so pretty. You really are. How come you don't like to take pictures?"

I wanted to laugh. Me? Pretty? Are you being serious?

Now that i'm thinking about it...I think they noticed me PURELY on the way I dressed today.

FYI: I wore a Dressy White unButtoned Shirt, overlapping with Turqoise Tank (w/pretty designs), and tight blue jeans. Not that nice, but nicer than my USuaL.

What are you thoughts? Feel like, you get more attention when You dress up a little? This goes for Guys and Girls.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah similar thing happened to me too ... but the person who approached me was a man who was old enough to be my grandpa T___T

He said that he'd never seen someone as pretty as me. He looked amazed too.

and then he left me alone. I was at a super market.

and then suddenly he came back to say it again.

Guest Simply_Unique

happens to me all the time. like when i'm just dress down no one notices me but when i dress up all of a sudden all the guys are staring at you.

Guest peeaye

sadly enough, it is true.

my friend and i did a nice little experiment one the plaza one day. not purposely though

We were dressed in uhm casual clothes, i guess you can say, and went to starbucks because it was still pretty early, and we didn't feel like getting nice and pretty just yet. There was this really...really...cute guy that works there, that didn't give us the time of day. Later, that day we went back to starbucks and we were dressed ..i guess kind of nice? (i don't know ) and he was flirting with us.

Guest IM TOKKI

Well..I don't think the dress up and down really applies to me but i do notice that on the days where my outfits are cuter, I get more attention. OR it's because I feel more confidant and I'm imaging it.

Guest yellowtutu

Something like that happened to me too recently. I don't wear skirts that often and when I wore a skirt for the first time since last summer, I got quite a bit of attention from guys that day. I don't even have great legs and my skirt was even that short (just a bit above the knees) :blink: But go figure.. skirts and guys <_<

Guest tasty

yeah, skirts and short shorts give you a lot of attention. i rarely wear them though

it's just creepy when old men are perving on you

but even by dressing nicely with jeans it can get you attention

i don't know how this will come off, but it's nice when a cute guy checks you out then looks you in the eye and smiles . . .

hahaha.

Guest Steph*

Haha yeaa

I used to bum around in tanks and bball shorts

Really tomboyish.

And then this year, I changed my clothes to...cuter clothing.

My friends didn't think I was attractive at ALL last year lmao.

They were only nice to me cause I was their friend's gf.

Haha.

I know they think I'm pretty now *cough I sound so conceited..but its true T_T;

Guest SwtMsT

Yeah, I've been hit on when wearing certain things by people I never thought would hit on me haha..

It's a little wierd.

Guest inamorata.<3

It happens to me, too. I dress like a bum for school, so whenever I come dressed in something nicer than my usual clothing, I'd get weird stares as if I came from thin air.

Guest dream_on

lol yeah that's definitely true. people take more notice of you when you're dressed up. i notice more stares when i'm dressed up as opposed to when i'm looking like a bum hehe

Guest chubzzy

it happens to me too~ when i dress up more i get all the looks from guys who keep staring at me. some even turned back again to look at me hoping to catch my eye or something. but seriously, i look just like an average girl... oh well... *shrugs*

Guest doremi.

uhm no....well maybe

i was sweating wearing sweats and a tee and still someone approached me.

luckky.. if i was like that.. people will like to stay at least 10 feet away from me.

Archived