Jang Keun Suk 장근석

shiro401

Guest somuchinluv01

Anyone knows how does this kind of fan club thing work?

sorry to cut ur post ^^

i have the same question as urs,, i know that is posted here already, but seems i cant find it, so many pages,lol

i hope its still open for the overseas fan^_~

that is really a bad news, and their going to upload the sbs drama making clip kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa huhuhuhuhu :(

Guest pandaranda

I'm really curious as to how you join the fanclub as well... I don't really understand how bank transfers works, since I pay everything with credit card. I heard there are administration fees and the sort too, supposedly quite expensive for each transaction, which may be why they advise people to join in groups. I sort of searched through the Q&A and read the questions that international fans have asked and the answers to them, but I'm still stumped. Even though the joining period has supposedly ended, they have told some people who have asked that it's still possible to join now. But is there anyone who has joined that doesn't live in Korea and knows how the whole system works? I still don't really understand the explanation they have posted on his site, and I have no experience with bank transfers... =/

I'm sure there are a few others who are confused about the whole process too (man, why can't it just be simple like credit card services or paypal XD)...Also in that 40,000won annual membership fee, does that include international shipping of official goods? =O It would sort of suck if you had to pay shipping when they send out official goods to you. T_T

Thanks in advance. =)

I'm really curious as to how you join the fanclub as well... I don't really understand how bank transfer works, since I pay everything with credit card. I heard there are administration fees and the sort too, which are quite expensive for each transaction, I've seen that excuse as a reason why they advise people to join in groups. I sort of searched through the Q&A and read the questions that international fans have asked and the answers to them, but I'm still stumped. Even though the joining period has supposedly ended, they have told some people who have asked that it's still possible to join now. But is there anyone who has joined that doesn't live in Korea and knows how the whole system works? I still don't really understand the explanation they have posted on his site, and I have no experience with bank transfers... =/

I'm sure there are a few others who are confused about the whole process too (man, why can't it just be simple like credit card services or paypal XD)...Also in that 40,000won annual membership fee, does that include international shipping of official goods? =O It would sort of suck if you had to pay shipping when they send out official goods to you. T_T

Thanks in advance. =)

i cant remember what the amount was, but i think it was 40000 won?

it's quite easy, if u have internet banking, then u just put all the details of the bank account they provide

amount of money to be send and u click and it gets transferred

takes a few days usually from overseas

transaction fees would cost different from different places

from australia here, if u do it via internet it will be cheaper, it's about AUD$20

if you dont have internet banking and choose to go to the bank and do it in person, then it's AUD$25

this is just a membership fee

if thye were to send u anything obiviously it's going to cost u more money

yeah it's more exp for foreign fans but that's the way it goes

Guest pandaranda

i cant remember what the amount was, but i think it was 40000 won?

it's quite easy, if u have internet banking, then u just put all the details of the bank account they provide

amount of money to be send and u click and it gets transferred

takes a few days usually from overseas

transaction fees would cost different from different places

from australia here, if u do it via internet it will be cheaper, it's about AUD$20

if you dont have internet banking and choose to go to the bank and do it in person, then it's AUD$25

this is just a membership fee

if thye were to send u anything obiviously it's going to cost u more money

yeah it's more exp for foreign fans but that's the way it goes

Ahh, I just read my bank's explanation of International Money Transfers (IMT) on their website before I read your post, and yeah you're right, it will cost me $20 NZD (I'm from New Zealand =P) on top of the 40,000 won. I also checked the website and it says:

"Please make your payment of 40000 won for one person, only in Korean won

You can send the payment collectively as a group.

Sending Products Overseas fees is included in the payment."

I'm assuming that answers my question, that you don't have to pay extra shipping costs if they send you free gifts from the fanclub. =O Although their English is kinda off, so I'm not 100% sure of what they're trying to say...=O Saying something like 'Overseas shipping is included in the payment', would make more sense. xD

But the $20 for each IMT is pretty dear, it makes sense to do it collectively as a group, because it would be cheaper to do it all in one transaction, but unfortunately I don't know enough JGS fans in NZ to organize such a group... are there any NZer's here in this Soompi forum wanting to join the fanclub =O??

Also, so they're now closing off JGS's messages to non-paying members, does that mean they'll translate his messages to English and Chinese in future for the paying members...? O_o They really don't make things clear enough. =/

Edit: The 40,000 won...is that a one off thing, or is it annual, bi-annual, quarter-annual, monthly, etc.? I don't recall them giving that information out. O_O

Guest pandaranda

Haha what XD? What word? I'm sure there are a few people from Malaysia who are JGS fans though. =) But I'm pretty sure it'll be hard to find some New Zealand fans...T_T I've asked some of my friends, but I don't think they'll be keen to join. =/

There's so much stuff that hasn't been made clear, it's actually super frustrating. xD I wasn't going to join because it seemed like such a hassle, but their sudden message to cut non-paying members from JGS's messages, videos and pictures, as well as giving notice on the release of official goods to send to members (i.e. mousepad and membership card) has made me suddenly interested in joining. xD

There's one thing I desperately need to know though...is there a deadline/cut-off date for applications O_O? The first post said that the 31st of Dec was the cut-off date, but there are still people applying, and now they're saying that by the end of this week they'll be able to get everyone processed and officially joined up. Does that means from there on after no applications will be accepted. >_>? I seriously have no idea how fanclubs work...of all the things, bank transfers! D:

Guest maya78

whats the website for the fanclub? and is it all in korean??

i'm a USA fan and i would love to join, but i'm also very confused on how to join...

Haha what XD? What word? I'm sure there are a few people from Malaysia who are JGS fans though. =) But I'm pretty sure it'll be hard to find some New Zealand fans...T_T I've asked some of my friends, but I don't think they'll be keen to join. =/

There's so much stuff that hasn't been made clear, it's actually super frustrating. xD I wasn't going to join because it seemed like such a hassle, but their sudden message to cut non-paying members from JGS's messages, videos and pictures, as well as giving notice on the release of official goods to send to members (i.e. mousepad and membership card) has made me suddenly interested in joining. xD

There's one thing I desperately need to know though...is there a deadline/cut-off date for applications O_O? The first post said that the 31st of Dec was the cut-off date, but there are still people applying, and now they're saying that by the end of this week they'll be able to get everyone processed and officially joined up. Does that means from there on after no applications will be accepted. >_>? I seriously have no idea how fanclubs work...of all the things, bank transfers! D:

Hey pandaranda..

I would suggest you to highlight your concern at the Fanclub --> Q&A.. I myself not sure either if they have already cut off the application. Hopefully the webmaster/administrator will give a definite answer.

vivi0914..

I went to maybank to pay for the remittence (unfortunately they don't do Won, even though it listed in the form) So I remitted 35USD and including all the additional charges etc I paid about RM 148++

Note: m2u only accept remittence USD50 and above.. if you can find another friend to join the club, you can use m2u instead of going to the bank.

Note2: the remittence transaction available from 10am - 4pm. Don't be too early and don't be too late ;)

whats the website for the fanclub? and is it all in korean??

i'm a USA fan and i would love to join, but i'm also very confused on how to join...

this is the website http://www.jangkeunsuk.co.kr/

mostly in korean, only some (like the notice tab) are translated into english and chinese, while his profile are translated into japanese, eng and chi.

The 40,000won is for annually... no matter when you joined the membership, it will expire Dec 31, 2010. I think the one that's been closed is the fan meeting application. You can still join as member anytime... For Koreans, or foreigners living in Korea with Korean address, the membership cost 20,000 won. I was told for overseas, it costs 40,000won because it includes postage fee for the membership package they're going to send out. (not clear what's included in the package though...)

First, you have to register at the website. Then after you transfer the money, you have to email them the application, and they'll get back to you... (Still waiting for the confirmation email here... *sigh* ) You can see all this at the notice tab.

Agh, so sad that we can't repost Keun Suk's message here... how am I going to understand what he was writing about? Would it be okay to give summary instead? *but how could a summary be as entertaining as Cecilia's translation... * :(

Guest pandaranda

Hey pandaranda..

I would suggest you to highlight your concern at the Fanclub --> Q&A.. I myself not sure either if they have already cut off the application. Hopefully the webmaster/administrator will give a definite answer.

vivi0914..

I went to maybank to pay for the remittence (unfortunately they don't do Won, even though it listed in the form) So I remitted 35USD and including all the additional charges etc I paid about RM 148++

Note: m2u only accept remittence USD50 and above.. if you can find another friend to join the club, you can use m2u instead of going to the bank.

Note2: the remittence transaction available from 10am - 4pm. Don't be too early and don't be too late ;)

Yes I have highlighted my concerns at the fanclub's Q&A, what I wrote was:

Hello,

I would like to know when the cut-off date for the international membership applications is. Your previous post on how to joi*n the fanclub stated that Dec 31st was the last day to receive applications for international fans, but Ive read that some people are still applying now. Do we still have until the end of this week to joi*n (Jan 9th)? Does the cut-off date mean when the money transaction comes through or does that mean when the application e-mail comes through (i.e. if we apply on the last day of application, and transfer money on that day, if the money takes a few days to transfer through, would that be taken into consideration, or is that too late?). Or is there no cut-off date for applications?

I would also like to ask whether the 40,000 won application fee is a one off occurance, an annual fee, biannual fee, quarter-annual fee or monthly fee?

Thank you very much for your assistance. =)

-Panda.

So far it's turned into a semi-conversation between two other international fans and myself, it seems quite a few of us are confused over the finer details involving this membership. Don't big organisations and things like this always have the fine print? XD Maybe they didn't expect the huge response they are currently receiving, it seems as if they're a bit frantic, like us, if you ask me. =P

Edit: Oh! Thank you shiro401! :D Finally some clear cut answers to my questions. xD I see, I see. So before you even e-mail them an application, you have to transfer the money? =/ That seems back to front... They should open up a full-paying application to be done on the website and then e-mail you prompting to transfer the money after you've applied. That would make more sense. =O

Not to be insensitive...but there are a ton of super macabre fan letters being posted on JGS's fan letter wall right now. @_@ It's sort of depressing...I'm pretty sure the Q&A and fan letter walls aren't being closed off to non-paying members, but it seems as if people believe it to be so. Is it so? =O They're all posting their letters as 'The last letter' and 'the last time' and saying goodbye...+_+

Yeah, they should apply for paypal or credit card. That would make it a lot easier for us international fans. :P *still thinking how on earth I'm going to pay for that calendar... transferring 15,000won with US$30 fee seems ridiculous... :P *

I was told that we have to transfer the money, and put this unique number like your name followed by a string of numbers as the transferer. Then take notes of the date, hour, minute and second and send all those information to them, so it would be easier for them to trace the money. With more than 2000 applications, no wonder they're so frantic... although I'm glad to hear that they expect this application thing to be finished by the end of the week... *that means I would finally have some access to the jojo dance maybe? :lol: *

Guest pandaranda

Yes it is all quite ridiculous. What a round about way of doing things. xD If only they had a proper system where you sign up with an application and they assign you a membership number, then you pay using credit card/pay pal with your membership number as a reference, that way it would be much easier to track things... Well at least JGS will know how popular he is now, domestically and internationally. That's a plus side, I s'pose.

I'm sort of being put off signing up again now though...those fan letters/notes on the free board are really depressing. I shouldn't read them, since they're meant to be addressed to JGS anyway. =I I can't decide whether it's tragic or just plain scary. X-x But I always thought a fandom would be a happy place (i.e. like Arashi's fandom XD), but it seems really scary and obsessive over there *points at website url* @_@ Oh I feel naive, the inner darkness of a fandom-ism becomes ever more apparent to me... xD

But the $20 for each IMT is pretty dear, it makes sense to do it collectively as a group, because it would be cheaper to do it all in one transaction, but unfortunately I don't know enough JGS fans in NZ to organize such a group... are there any NZer's here in this Soompi forum wanting to join the fanclub =O??

NZer here :D Actually I'm not a kiwi, just here to study, but anyway it's soooo good to find someone in NZ who is also a fan of JGS and YAB :D I'm considering joining the fan club too, but I can't read Korean at all so I'm still thinking. Anyway, nice to meet you here. If you know a good place to get JGS and YAB stuff here in NZ, let me know ok? :D Cheers

Guest xTheThingx

Title: Jjojjo dance

I've filmed [myself] dancing the jjojjo dance

How do you upload this???

tell me tell me cri...TT

I dont know how to cri...TT

--------------

jjojjo dance is a famous dance by park myung soo

the most recent time i think he danced it was during the NY infinite challenge special

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6v6-xsKpQM...577&index=3

start watching from about 8:43 and also again near the end of the clip

cri = 크리

Aaaaa, thanks so much for the translation, omg, you are so THE BEST.

Yes it is all quite ridiculous. What a round about way of doing things. xD If only they had a proper system where you sign up with an application and they assign you a membership number, then you pay using credit card/pay pal with your membership number as a reference, that way it would be much easier to track things... Well at least JGS will know how popular he is now, domestically and internationally. That's a plus side, I s'pose.

I'm sort of being put off signing up again now though...those fan letters/notes on the free board are really depressing. I shouldn't read them, since they're meant to be addressed to JGS anyway. =I I can't decide whether it's tragic or just plain scary. X-x But I always thought a fandom would be a happy place (i.e. like Arashi's fandom XD), but it seems really scary and obsessive over there *points at website url* @_@ Oh I feel naive, the inner darkness of a fandom-ism becomes ever more apparent to me... xD

well it's a fanclub and not an online shopping site or sth, so i dont think it would be worth it for them to have credit card set up

esp when they will have to pay all the credit card surcharges (unless they get the credit card users to pay for it instead)

paypal isnt used by koreans, and not by chinese either... so rather than having to maintain CC , paypal and bank transfers, it must have been easiest for them to stick to one, and the one that everyone that use, which is the bank transfers

i've joined korean fanclubs before, they all do it in this way...once u get around to doing it it's not that bad

Guest crazy_guava

vivi0914, i am from malaysia. I also asking the question on the keunsuk official website..

and i also order his calendar...on monday i've post a message on Q&A at keunsuk website...

I'm asking that can make it in one trasaction anot (membership+calendar), they said CAN...

but now i saw the motice saying that the membership approval will be done by this week,

so im not sure that they are still accept the membership fee after this week...So im goin to make the transaction on today...hopefully there's still time to register...TT TT