Jang Keun Suk 장근석

shiro401

Guest pandaranda

it's a good idea to have a teacher to teach u at least the basic sounds

u at least have a recording of some sort right?

most english derived korean words follow the american accent, so dance is prounced closer to the american pronounciation

어 - u open your mouth nice and wide when u pronounce this... sound comes from close to ur throat

오 - u make ur mouth small and round - almost like when u say "ooh"

우 - a 'u' sound made with ur lips pursed, like ur about to kiss someone

으 - the sound is made at ur throat, mouth stretched horizontally, ur top and bottom teeth coming together but not touching

애 and 에 are similar sounds, 애 you're supposed to open ur mouth a litle bit more

there are 2 main different ways to romanise

but it's a bit blur nowadays

촬 would be chwal and 떻 would be ddeot (alot of ppl use "u" instead of "eo" nowadays")

돼지 토끼 is dwaeji tokki

Oh!! I see, I see! I forgot about the 'w' sounds. It makes a lot more sense when I see the 'w' characters. XD I also made a typo, I meant 'ddeoh', but I guess the bottom character of 떻 is not the same as ㅎ?

No, unfortunately I don't have a teacher, there's no option to learn Korean in public high schools. It's all private tutoring, I guess. Perhaps I'll take it up as a general elective in uni. =O I sort of learnt the Hangeul letter system in a single night though, so I guess I've still got a lot left to desire. Mainly I just learnt it due to frustration, I couldn't any longer stand not being able to read the Korean words when I saw them, so I decided that I had to learn to read them! I still don't know anything about Korean grammar, or many Korean words, but I'm determined to set the pronunciation straight first before I move on. XD

I've mainly listened to the sounds using these websites: http://www.indiana.edu/~koreanrs/hangul.html and http://www.learnlangs.com/RWP/Korean/index.htm. But it makes a whole lot more sense when you explain how to make the sounds with your mouth, rather than just listening to the recordings. =D Thanks so much. Trying to learn a language self-taught probably isn't a smart idea, but I'm going to start somewhere. ^^ My strengths in learning new languages have always been reading and listening, so I'm sure I'll pick things up sooner or later. =) Thanks for your help though. ^^

Guest maya78

Cri J..!?

That's a unique name...

I think JKS, does not only attrack the noonas out there but also those who are a bit younger than him...

I can count myself as one of them... :D

JKS, attracks the girls of all ages... ^_^

Cause he's very, very good looking and oh so gorgeous... lol

i'm not a noona and i still looooooooove him!!! so i'm in the same boat as you - i'm actually the same age as PSH.

this is going to sound ridiculous but whenever i look at a pic of him giving his killer smile, i can help but grin and blush!!!

Guest gonnabeme

i searched n found a YT, from a TV show called Happy Shares Company feat Stephanie (SNSD?). In the vid, one of d challenge was, she had to show d zzo zzo dance to Jang Geun Suk. N they actually danced it; at d restaurant. ahaha. the dance moment started at 05:35 while actual JGS moment started at 03:41

click

n happy viewing....

Guest angel-SKY

Hello,

Can someone help me...

I was wondering, JGS's 2010 calendar...there's 2 types right? a wall and a table one?

Do they have the same pictures in them? Or are they two different calendars?

Just wanted to know...thanks!

JGS rocks ! <3333 And his msgs are always so cute!!!!!

Guest kayrinnelim

OMG ..He was back to school yesterday and still has a cold

a pic from DC today:

%7Boption%7D1166717920_BBE7C1F8969859.jpg

@jksdc

love his little ponytail!! XDDD

thanks for sharing with us! (:

edit:

oh, i just saw this in baidu tieba and some mentioned how this does not seem to be recent unless his hair changed back so fast to straight and that they were wearing little considering the heavy winter there. this set me thinking too. =/

Thanks for the translation, cecilia... and for the pics, newlili... :D you guys are the feeders here to keep us from "hunger"... :lol:

How come I don't see ramen hair yesterday? His hair is all straight now? Hope he will get better soon...

It's so crowded at the website, especially at his post. I was wondering why it took so long to access it... turned out he's having a chat over there? Some of the messages read: "by the way, keusuk thank you so very much cri cri... its really awesome & fascinating to chat with you like this... never experienced... you are really gifted to be able to make others this happy cri ", "Keunsuk... by having this briliant moment through online chat with uI feel really close to u & suddenly thought it would be really great if u take the Radio DJ position for us as you mentioned before." and "then... we Jangeo fans will be able to have sweetest sleep & dream everynite with ur melting voice.... uh... what a coooooool idea??? just imagining it makes me feel cri cir happy :P"

Now I'm going crazy wading through all the conversations without any idea what I'm looking for... or how to read any of it... :lol:

wow! he actually chat to his fans online? how cool is that! im now logging in and yeah it took a long time.

its still not logged in frm 5 mins ago. hah! i wonder what they are chatting!!

Guest newlili

is he wearing a surgical mask in the pics of him at school??

it looks like that to me, but i wasn't sure...

I think he still has a cough! This dude is so stubborn (he's smoking and that may add to prolonged cough after a cold)

If you have heavy cough with a cold, the school may ask you to wear a mask to go to school to prevent transmit the cold to others. I live in the States, and I see some students wear a mask while sitting in the class

By the way, he 's now a senior majoring in art film theater at Han yang university, Seoul .

Guest Liesje

@ maya78 maybe making another doaeji tokki :P

HI! new here to this thread...well i've been lurking though

and with lurking i mean going pages and pages back :P

I'm Felice nice to meet you all :) ...also not a noona (20 years old)

Love all of Geun Suk's messages it's so cute!

esspecially him saying cri all the time...i have been using it all too

my latest it word is 'adorbs' (adorbs=adorable)

so i say 'cr adorbs' :P Geun Suk is most definently cri adorbs

critical adorable to a point you want to pinch his cheeks!

One of my favorite pictures of Geun Suk

5vw28m.png

[c]Daum

Guest bitzes

Title: Jjojjo dance

I've filmed [myself] dancing the jjojjo dance

How do you upload this???

tell me tell me cri...TT

I dont know how to cri...TT

tnx so much cecilia!

JGS is just so an adorable dork!!! hahahahaha .. luv him <3 :)

i adore his cuteness, sexiness,.. his friendliness and his being approachable and accommodating to fans .. his honesty and dorkiness .. him being a great and versatile actor .. all of it! nyahaahhaha ... he really knows how to cater to us fans .. lol ... JGS, u're sooooo handsome and gorgeous! <3 <3 <3 B)

and i love his closeness to PSH :D .. im soo okay with it if he really wants to date PSH .. *i hope i won't be in trouble by saying this coz i know some fans can be scary--no offense meant though* keekeke ..

Guest MissMellis

Hello all!

Just dropping by to say that JGS speech during SBS Drama Awards has been

translated into english.

Watch it here!

Credit:

Chinese to english translation: mndymah@soompi

Timing/typesetting/encoding/uploading: MissMellis@soompi

The translation might not be 100 % accurate since it was originally

in chinese ^^;

Hope you all enjoy it cri~

Cecilia: Thank you so so much for translating his messages. He is just way too

adorkable!~ You just gotta love this guy! <3

Guest bitzes

Just dropping by to say that JGS speech during SBS Drama Awards has been

translated into english.

Watch it here!

thank u so much missmellis! i was waiting for this! :)

at first, i thought that JGS said something about his disappointment on not winning the best couple award that's why the camera rolled on/showed PSH face .. i was wrong .. hehe ..

i lol when JGS said he isn't finished with his speech yet .. hahahahaha .. so honest! such a cute dork! :P

Thank you so much Cecilia! (and also in advanced for the subs to Ideal World Type hehe ;P)

and also to TEAM PSHjjang for uploading and subbing videos

and also who answered my question before. Thanks so much

Im inlove with Jang Keun Seuk at the moment and to their drama You're Beautiful. I really really wish that there will be a season 2

:)

Guest maya78

anybody know where i can watch hong gil dong with eng subs?? mysoju and viikii videos aren't working...

also, i'm looking for some good JGS stuff to watch. i'm watching Beethoven virus right now,but honestly the only thing that keeps me watching it is JGS

any stuff you guys can recommend??

i searched n found a YT, from a TV show called Happy Shares Company feat Stephanie (SNSD?). In the vid, one of d challenge was, she had to show d zzo zzo dance to Jang Geun Suk. N they actually danced it; at d restaurant. ahaha. the dance moment started at 05:35 while actual JGS moment started at 03:41

click

n happy viewing....

She is not the Tiffany from SNSD... but stephanie / Bo Kyong from CSJH the grace who is also under SM Ent.

click here.

Unauthorized reproduction of website data is prohibited.

Hello,

We uploaded the SBS drama awards making clip.

You are able to watch the clip for a month.

We will upload one by one according to the theme as series.

If there is more interesting clip, we will upload it as well.

All the clips and big images are available for the members only. The message from keun-suk will be open until midnight and will be also available for members only.

Membership upgrade for the overseas fan(including Japan)

will be completed by this week.

We apologize for the inconvenience and the delay.

Unauthorized reproduction of website data is prohibited.

we do not allow unauthorized reproduction of all the articles including the message from Jang Keun Suk.

Thank you

this is from jang keun-suk story vol2

that means next time we cant see what keun suk wrote unless we are members. T__T

jgs.jpg

cr. baidu and DC

Guest ohoctopus

that means next time we cant see what keun suk wrote unless we are members. T__T

Ok, this is really sad!!!! I'm like a stalker of his site whenever i'm online.

But i couldn't view what he wrote anymore unless i'm a member.

Hope the official member of JGS site will post them up here yah?

Video, picture and what he wrote.

THANK THOSE LOVELIES in advance!

Guest somuchinluv01

OMG! this is bad news huhuhuhuhu :(

@candiilicious thank you for the update! we will not be able to see his msgs anymore waaaaaaaa maybe to those who are a member of his site will update us here too! hope so! sad sad sad suekkieee criiiiiiiiiii!

Anyone knows how does this kind of fan club thing work?

Since I missed the deadline to join the fan club back then, I need to wait for them to open the registration again right?

One bad thing about JKS fan club website is they didn't translate his message and most of the web pages to English so joining is as good as not joining *Sigh*

Guest Chun_Ru

cr. baidu and DC

Very sad to read that news... T_T

Can't know what message that Jang Geun Suk write anymore..

Really-really bad news T__T