Jang Keun Suk 장근석

shiro401

Jang Keun Suk Continues His Quest in "Decoy Season 2"
After the success of the first part, the crime thriller K-drama Decoy is back with Season 2. 

The Coupang Play series tells the story of lawyer-turned-detective Gu Do Han (Jang Keun Suk), who seeks the truth about an unsolved crime from the past. Joining him on his quest is a determined reporter Jeon Na Yeon (Lee Elijah).  

Part 1 showed Do Han investigating a murder, and the suspect is the con artist Noh Sang Cheon (Heo Sung Tae), who scammed people of their hard-earned money and then supposedly died eight years ago.

45ff238cbacd7abee67754244bbf66aa.jpg

The trailer begins with a series of intense scenes with the characters in grievous circumstances. Do Han discovers that the murders happening are connected to Noh Sang Cheon, and the intention is to ultimately bring him out of his hideout. He picks up on the hints and asks, "He’s still alive, isn’t he? No Sang Chun?". 

The rest of the trailer shows the adrenaline-pumping action scenes viewers can expect from the upcoming drama. From messy car chases to stomach-churning gore, the series has so much to offer to crime-drama fans. 

Part 1 of the series Decoy was released in 186 countries and bagged a rating of 9.4. It has also been a hit series on Coupang Pay. 
The director of the K-drama is Kim Hong Seon, whose famous past works include Yaksha, Voice, L.U.C.A.: The Beginning, and Money Heist: Korea - Joint Economic Area - Part 1 and 2. The screenplay is penned by the Jesters: The Game Changers writer Kim Jin Wook.

https://mydramalist.com/article/jang-geun-suk-continues-his-quest-in-decoy-season-2

• Like 1

[News] 'Decoy/ Bait' Director Kim Hong- Sun said, "Jang Keun Suk will become Leung Jo-wi... He put down the star mind"
Director Kim Hong-sun revealed the reason for casting actor Jang Keun-suk.
'Bait' is a crime thriller that traces the secrets surrounding the murder case eight years after the death of the culprit of the largest fraud case in history, when he is identified as a murder case. With a unique composition, a solid story, and an unpredictable shocking twist between the mysterious murder case taking place at the present time and the fraud case that shook Korea in the past, it recorded an explosive rise in viewership every week.

Part 1 tells the story of what happens after the worst swindler of all time who died 8 years ago is identified as a suspect in a serial murder. Expectations are high that the hidden truth between people and those who cheat and deceive each other will be revealed.

278535395b6a29140c3ee15ef1b3e8f4.jpg

Regarding the casting of Jang Keun-suk, director Kim Hong-seon said, “I had an image and prejudice about him. I met him thinking that he was a good-looking boy and an actor suitable for romantic dramas, and I felt that he had become an adult.”

He continued, “He originally wanted an actor like Leung Jo-wi. Jang Keun-suk seemed to be able to do that. He was satisfied. The image of the character Gu Do-han is what Yang Jo-wi will look like when he is older.”

In particular, “Jang Keun Suk originally wanted to work hard like that. Jang Keun Suk was surprisingly friendly and got along well with the staffs. He also had the responsibility of leading the team. It was surprising to see such a thing. I thought he might be shy or have the mindset of a star but he didn't.” he said.

Director Kim Hong-sun also said that Jang Keun Suk came up with a lot of ideas on set, "That's what I asked the actors for. 'I'll give you a big picture, so I hope you guys can bring out the details.'"
https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0004823060

• Like 1

Comments about Decoy/Bait drama:

1/ Decoy/Bait is a very well-plotted drama that, in only two episodes, has cleverly evolved, and if it stays its course of successfully telling the story in the coherent way it has in the next four episodes, it will be one of the best crime/thrillers of 2023.
It's dark, gritty, and an in-your-face kind of crime/murder thriller that's intensely captivating. A successful strategy for keeping a mystery captivating is to maintain the core of the mystery episode-by-episode while at the same time nimbly tying in the larger picture as the other elements unfold, and Bait does it so well in just two episodes.

16cc8d03ecf8023862f529e1dd0bea2d.jpg

Everything from the cinematography, the lighting or lack of it, the set, the actors, and the theme is so well thought of it is hard not to get sucked into the drama and the story. Additionally, there's some strong acting from the ensemble cast, with Jang Keun Suk, in particular, carrying the material. He looks terrific. I didn't recognize him. I am hooked. 
And what a cliffhanger of an ending for the first part of this drama. Everything worked, from the serial killing mystery to the cat and mouse chase and most of all Jang Keun Suk. He is just fantastic in this drama.

2/ Of course, it is a series worth watching.
After 5 years of hiatus, I'm glad that we can watch the movie "Bait" / "Decoy" with Jang Keun Suk, welcome back!
After many roles, among which, for me, they were excellently interpreted: "Switch: Change the World" /2018 and
"The Case of Itaewon Homicide”/”Where the Truth Lies" /2009, I say that Jang Keun Suk returns prepared and his work in building the character in the director's vision (the script is very good), his charisma, the chemistry he creates with the other colleagues on the set confirm his exceptional talent.

cre: kdrama

• Like 1

"Decoy/Bait" drama

Jang Keun Suk, a super topical work that will be the drama starring for the first time in 5 years!
The biggest fraud case in Korean history that ended with the suspect's death eight years ago
A serial murder case occurring in the present-
A crime thriller in which one detective pursues the mystery and truth hidden in two cases.

[Broadcast date] Starts on Saturday, June 17 in Japan

Hello, KNTV viewers. I’m Jang Keun Suk. I’m Lee Elijah.
JKS: ‘Decoy [Bait]’, the crime thriller drama that follows South Korea’s biggest fraud case and the related murder case will be finally broadcast in Japan for the first time! I star as Goo Do Han, a lawyer-turned-homicide detective, who is determined to uncover the truth of the current murder crimes in which a conman even though he supposedly died eight years ago appears as a suspect in a present-day murder case.

Actually it’s my comeback drama after five years, and it’s very intriguing. It features the truth behind the crimes, and Goo Do Han’s mysterious background. I hope you’ll enjoy watching.
Lee Elijah: I star as a reporter who lost everything in a fraud case when she was young so as not to make other victims. I was happy to work with wonderful costars and staff. I hope you’ll watch our drama.
JKS and Lee Elijah: Please look forward to the drama ‘Decoy [Bait]’ watching on KNTV.

Eng trans: tenshi_akuma 

• Blob 1

[News] Not just an idol! A thorough dissection of Jang Keun Suk, who is also a top-notch actor

#Jang Keun Suk, who entered the entertainment world as a model for a children's clothing catalog and became popular with "Nonstop 4".
We will explore his charm, which has gained popularity as a tsundere prince!
Brilliantly break away from the cute image!
Jang Keun Suk, who has been in the military for the first time in 5 years, will be broadcasting in Japan on 17th June in the drama "Decoy/Bait". He has been active in the entertainment world since he was a child actor and still boasts an unshakable popularity, but in the new drama he plays a wild role as a stubble, ex-lawyer and a capable detective. We approach the charm of his ever-changing face.

e0f517eab8183bdf0bb332d20f1cd783.jpg

At the age of 6, he entered the entertainment world as a model for a children's clothing catalog on the recommendation of a movie star who happened to come to his house. However, due to the failure of his father's business, it seems that it was not all smooth sailing. He has also worked as an underwear model. After appearing in numerous dramas, in 2004, he appeared in the sitcom Nonstop 4. His innocent cuteness attracted attention, and from around here he began to gain popularity as an idol, especially among young people in Korea.
After that, by appearing in the historical drama “Hwang Jini” and the popular drama “Beethoven Virus”, which were also broadcast on NHK, his name recognition in Korea and Japan has increased significantly.
Although neither of these two works is the leading role, there was something that shined outstandingly in terms of presence.

Become a tsundere prince by appearing in "You're Beautiful"!
In 2009, he starred in the drama "You're Beautiful". He played the grumpy leader of a handsome band and broke new ground as the Prince in a Korean romantic comedy drama. His popularity in Japan exploded, and he frequently appeared on variety shows. 
He is so fluent in Japanese that he doesn't need an interpreter, and his appearance of calling out "Eel" to Japanese fans has become a staple.

b91e0aca0bb92397eb26f255d165fbf5.jpg

In parallel with his acting activities, he also participated as a singer in most of the OSTs (Original Sound Tracks) of the dramas he appeared in. His activities at this time lead to the music unit "TEAM H" led by himself.
Following the great success of the Makuhari Messe performance in April, an additional performance in Osaka was decided in July. In March, he opened a YouTube channel called 'I am Jang Keun Suk', where he introduces his favorite spots in Tokyo, showing off his life-size private appearance. 
In various activities, he can be said to be one of the hallyu stars who can't keep an eye on him.

cr: https://www.moviecollection.jp/news/196598/

• Thanks 1

[Interview] 'Decoy/Bait' Lee Elijah "'Keun-chan' Jang Keun Suk, an actor with a variety of charms"
Elijah Lee, an actor in the Coupang Play series 'Bait', talked about actor Jang Keun Suk, whom she met as an opponent.

In an interview held at a cafe in Samcheong-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul on the morning of the 5th, Lee Elijah said, "I don't watch TV well, so I don't know what (Jang Keun Suk's) 'Keun-jjang' image is." Didn't it come out? I remember that he acted really well in the drama called 'Hwang Jin-yi'. I had that image in my head."

"I met him and he was so pleasant and took good care of me," he said. "Now I feel like I can boast (about Jang Keun Suk). He took really good care of me. In case I'm afraid I'll get cold in the winter, he buys all the hot packs and give them as gifts. He takes good care of me so I can overcome the cold. He said, “I took good care of not only me, but also the staff.”

Lee Elijah, who often ate meals at the rice truck sent by Jang Keun Suk fans during the filming, said, "There was good quality rice and support. I thought, 'Senior has lived well', 'He manages his fans well, and he is really professional'."

As a person, it's so fun. He makes me feel comfortable. I thought he was an actor with a variety of charms."

0caa34c1e5c593e7a380cc9b59a9302f.jpg

'Bait' is a series about people who commit the worst fraud ever and track down 'that RickRoll'D' who hid behind death. Part 1 deals with the story of what happens after the worst swindler of all time, who died 8 years ago, is identified as a suspect in a serial murder. Expectations are high that the hidden truth between them who deceive and deceive each other will be revealed.

Elijah Lee played Cheon Na-yeon, a reporter who pursues the truth of the mysterious murder case in the play and a family member of the victim of the fraud case of Noh Sang-cheon. She worked with Jang Keun Suk as detective Ku Do-han and Heo Seong-tae as fraudulent criminal Noh Sang-cheon.

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=437&aid=0000338151

• Like 1

[Ep 4- Youtube] #First release - Asia Prince Keun-chan in Japan! His popularity...

[Ep 5] Tokyo! If you go to this course, you will succeed! Recommended Tokyo travel itinerary by Tokyo expert Geun-chan

• Thanks 1

[News] Actor Jang Keun Suk practices sharing rice of love for the 12th time in Love Field Together

Jang Keun Suk recently donated 10 million won in rice donations for the group home to the "Love Field Together."

In addition to broadcasting, Jang Keun Suk, who has continuously donated to various organizations and alma maters, is also steadily practicing sharing through Shared Love Field. In particular, it is known that rice sharing for the underprivileged has been going on for 12 years since 2011, every year.

ea398b5bbb829450ff9a9e94bb1f122e.jpg

The love field with actor Jang Keun Suk delivered 40kg of rice of love to 200 small group homes for children and facilities for the disabled through this donation worth 30 million won.
In particular, rice sharing of love is supported by preferentially selecting facilities with less than two years of operation, it is expected that they will be able to resolve the difficulties of facilities in poor environments.

An official from "Love Field" said, “I am grateful for the good deeds of actor Jang Keun Suk, who conveys warm love to the underprivileged through rice sharing every year.” We will open an era of coexistence with the local community through support and practice of love.”

Meanwhile, Jang Keun Suk continues to actively communicate with fans through the YouTube channel 'I am Jang Keun Suk'.
https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=382&aid=0001053297

• Love 1

[Youtube] Ep 6 - "Can't we eat some now?"

Why Jang Keun Suk's barbecue that took five hours to eat :D

[Ep 7] Japanese Ryokan Form Michidai (Don Quijote, Sushi Omakase Review)

I also experienced luxury Japanese inns and went to sushi omakase

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

[Article] A thorough explanation of the charm of Jang Keun Suk, the Prince of Asia! The latest information on the drama "Decoy/Bait"!

Jang Keun Suk is known as the "Prince of Asia" and is extremely popular in Japan. What is the reason why he continues to be loved for many years? In this article, we will thoroughly explain Jang Keun Suk's multi-faceted charm! We will also introduce the latest information on his current activities and starring dramas!

Jang Keun Suk, who is called "Asia Star".

His entertainment debut was 5 years old! He went from being a children's clothing model to being a child actor, and then through various entertainment activities to build his current status.

The first turning point for Jang Keun Suk, who has been active as a child actor, was the TV commercial for SK Telecom.

After that, the radio program "Jang Keun Suk's Young Street" started in 2004. At that time, he became the youngest DJ in Korea.

In 2006, he appeared in the drama "Hwang Jin ni", and his name recognition as an actor also increased.

He appeared in hit dramas such as "Beethoven Virus," "You're Beautiful," and "Love Rain."

In 2011, he debuted as a singer in Japan. His debut single "Let me cry" sold 119,000 copies in the first week and topped the single rankings for five weeks. It was the first achievement of its kind by an overseas artist.

He enlisted in the military from 2018 to 2020.

5e0fd0c24b99cad4d73865b937f7ef07.jpg

Even after being discharged from the military, he is still active in multiple fields as an actor and talent singer.

If there is a notable movie that has appeared so far, it is "Itaewon Murder Case".

Jang Keun Suk plays one of the suspects in this work based on a real murder case that happened in 1997.

Jang Keun Suk has played a character that destroys the image he has built up so far. In this work, he showed his acting ability that he can also act as a heel.

Also, "You are my Pet" is his representative work. He won the popularity award in the movie category at the 48th Baeksang Arts Awards. .

Speaking of his masterpiece drama, it must be “You are beautiful”!

The romantic comedy has become a drama that has attracted attention not only in Korea but around the world.

The popularity of this work can be seen from the fact that it was remade in Japan and Taiwan.

In the drama "Love Rain", which appeared after "You're Beautiful", he co-starred with Yoona.

The co-starring of two popular people became a hot topic.

In 2022, he will be starring in "Decoy/Bait", which will be his comeback after being discharged from the military.

Jang Keun Suk started his career as a singer after participating in the OSTs of the dramas "Nonstop 4", "Beautiful Life", "Beethoven Virus", and "You're Beautiful".

He has released three singles and made his Japan debut in 2011 with "Let me cry".

Currently, not only as a solo artist, but also in parallel with music unit and band activities, challenging various genres of music.

Jang Keun Suk's charm is his attitude of enjoying songs of various genres without sticking to one genre.

In 2011, his Japanese debut, he formed the music unit TEAM H.

TEAM H is a music unit formed by Jang Keun Suk and sound producer BIG BROTHER.

"THE LOUNGE H VOL.1" released in 2011 was the first album released in Greater China and Southeast Asia. In 2012, Japan activities as TEAM H also started.

TEAM H has been active recently and will hold a special event in Makuhari in April 2023.

An additional performance "RIGHT NOW in OSAKA" will be held in July!

Apart from TEAM H, which focuses on dance music, Jang Keun Suk is also active in a band called CHIMIRO.

CHIMIRO is a band that started as a hobby, as the name suggests.

A three-piece band consisting of Choi Choro, who has supported Jang Keun Suk's music activities, and Ahn Ji Hoon, a guitarist and composer.

Such CHIMIRO is also holding a live house & billboard tour in 8 cities in Japan from May!

Be sure to check out CHIMIRO's music activities as well, where you can feel a different charm from solo and TEAM H.

64d42446ad4585e118b5d0cc00a3c131.jpg

**Jang Keun Suk has been called the Prince of Asia.

As if to prove his popularity, he has appeared in numerous commercials.

Due to his popularity in Asia, he has served as an advertising model for many companies, including the cosmetic brand ETUDE, Samsung, Lotte Hotel, and Doota Duty Free.

Even in Japan, he has appeared in various commercials such as Suntory, Lawson, TBC, and Lotte Chocolate!

Such Jang Keun Suk recently became an image model for the aging care cosmetic brand "fonskin"!

Jang Keun Suk is continuing his activities smoothly with his music activities and commercials.

As an actor, he was able to meet a work that was respected at a glance.

That is the drama "Decoy/Bait".

For Jang Keun Suk, this drama, which will be his first starring role in five years and his comeback after being discharged from the military, is a crime thriller in which past fraud cases and current murder cases are intricately intertwined.

In this work, Jang Keun Suk shows a masculine, wild and tough charm that is different from the glittering Asia Prince.

In 2010, Korea's largest fraud case of over 5 trillion won. The number of victims was said to be in the tens of thousands, but the criminal was killed in a traffic accident while on the run. The defrauded money never returned to many victims, and the case ended with the death of the suspect.

Eight years later, a murder has occurred. Detective Dohan, the main character, pursues the truth behind a murder case, and the mystery of a large-scale fraud case in the past deepens.

Jang Keun Suk will play Do Han, a detective who has a unique career as a corporate litigation lawyer.

The suspect will be played by Heo Sung-tae, who came into the spotlight as a heel in "Squid Game."

Part 1, which can be viewed on Coupang Play, has been released in 186 countries around the world and has been highly evaluated with an overseas rating of 9.4 and the most popular work on Coupang Play!

Japan's first broadcast of such a drama "Decoy/Bait" has been decided!

KNTV, which will be the first broadcast in Japan, will broadcast all 12 episodes of Part 1 and Part 2.

It will start from 6/17, so please check it out!

We have summarized the current and latest information of Jang Keun Suk, who shows various activities with his multi-talented talents!

The current Jang Keun Suk shines with the charm of a wild and tough adult, while maintaining the brilliance of an Asia Prince.

The attitude of always remembering to evolve and keep challenging various jobs may be the reason why Jang Keun Suk has been loved by many people for many years.

Jang Keun Suk has both the charm of a naughty and cute boy and the charm of a wild and sexy adult. It can be said that the gap is also a charm that many women are captivated by.

We can't take our eyes off Jang Keun Suk's future activities, which are also energetically active in Japan.

https://korea.kaigai-drama-board.com/posts/5629?p=1

• Love 1

Pin on Gif

NEW EVENT!

Quick Poll - A K-Drama Addict's Guide to Popular Korean Words and Phrases!

So how many words have you picked up since you started watching K-dramas?  Find out by taking a short quiz. Vote for the words you are inadverently using in your daily conversation with your non K-drama watching chingus and driving them crazy. Let us know how you fared. :happydance:

re: Your friendly neighbourhood EO team :innocent:

@confusedheart @partyon @agenth and @Sleepy Owl

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[News] TEAM H, a music unit led by Jang Keun Suk, has successfully completed the additional performances of the summer special event in Osaka!
"TEAM H" consisting of Jang Keun Suk and sound producer BIG BROTHER will perform "RIGHT NOW in OSAKA" as an additional performance to the special event held at Makuhari Messe Event Hall in April, on July 20th and 21st at the Osaka Castle Outdoor Concert Hall. About 5,000 fans from all over the country gathered in Osaka in the summer.
At 18:00 in the still bright summer sky, the long-awaited performance started with Keun Suk's mischievous shouts of "Osaka~! Oh~so~bo~!" From the beginning, the curtain was opened with the up-tempo "What is your name?"

3130fc59ec98156b1214745d28236a82.jpg

During the performance, Jang Keun Suk said, "I've performed many times at the Osaka-jo Hall next door, but this is my first time at this outdoor concert hall. I was really looking forward to it because it's a venue with a great atmosphere surrounded by nature, and I also carefully researched and prepared myself." Keun Suk, who is often called 'rain man', was blessed with good weather this time, saying, "It was a pity that it rained a lot during our indoor performances, but when we performed outdoors, it turned out to be sunny, so I suggested to the staff that we should hold outdoor performances in the summer. Can everyone come with us outdoors?

0f09802c5d93cd8d24ef7f8289d215b3.jpg

Next, they performed up-tempo numbers, including “Love” and “Thriller,” which were performed live for the first time. While the bubble shower of soap bubbles made the mood even more fantastic, Keun Suk's uniquely lustrous sweet husky voice resounded widely, grabbing the fans' hearts even more.

In the second half when the surroundings get dark, the costumes are completely changed to adult-like resort styles. In contrast to the boys' style in the first half, the audience gave a roar of cheers to the sexy atmosphere. Once the sense of unity between the stage and the audience has increased with the familiar song "Driving to the highway" among fans, the performance will be the highlight. The lively beats of "Take Me" and "Firework" instantly heated up.

During the last song, “Firework,” 8 huge colored balloons were released into the audience, and the fans connected them with a baton.

Spoiler

2c482a262c72552557ed4f221f7988f2.jpg

The encore continued with that momentum, with a line-up of "Feel the beat" and "Gotta Getcha" that excited the artists and the audience together, and the sense of unity at the venue reached its peak. Furthermore, on the second day, it developed into a double encore and completely burned until “SHAKE IT”.

TEAM H's dream of holding a solo outdoor concert in Japan came true after 13 years. Keun Suk stayed on stage even while the end credits were playing, savoring his happiness. And with the fans desperately trying to burn that scene into their eyes, the two-day additional performance in Osaka reached a moving finale.

274d79b3fc756a072386c523b3c4f836.jpg

https://www.koari.net/attention/161005/

Edited by ferily
Maximum 3 images per post. Please put any other in the spoiler tag. Thanks!
  • Like 1

[Youtube Ep 12] Balance disclosure? Nose surgery? Bluff? Marriage?

PD replacement? He will tell you everything, come in

[Youtube Ep 13] [VLOG] Geun-jjang's week-long vlog smashing restaurants in Osaka/Tokyo (Japan trip • Billboard concert • Mukbang • Ounwan • Chimiro)

• Thanks 1

Comments from the viewers in Japan:

1/ Jang Keun Suk's comeback drama after being discharged, his first starring drama in 5 years.
Gun-chan, who plays the role of a detective, is a calm character that is different from the image he has had so far, and that was fresh and good. I was attracted to the unique production, but I was convinced by the director of Paper House Korea! ️Rare Scammer Ho Sung Tae ssi was also very good.

2/ It was also my first time working with Gun-chan~
Somehow even the inside of the police station was dark and I was watching it with my eyes strained~
Until the end, I thought that a cheater was a cheater, but in the end, it was worth seeing. Keun Suk and Heo Sung Tae were really good.

ee1f0e862b3d34d2fc4bb4f5ab9901ed.jpg

3/ Exactly! Why Korean drama suspense is everyone, the screen is so dark.
It is where you don't know what's going on.
The performance of the last two was amazing, wasn't it?

4/ Jang Keun Suk ~ Wait a minute.
Am I only watching Love Rain and Hwang Jini?
It was a different variety charactors.
Anyway, Gun-chan was also good, and HeoSeong Tae-ssi's enthusiastic performance.
5/ Viki has all subtitles
You have to watch Song Tae's original badass character.
It's a stable Gun-chan and it looks interesting.

cre: tw

• Thanks 1

[Youtube Ep 14] [Jang Keun Suk's Spicy] Jamsil Haeju Naengmyeon, Sillim Dijinda Pork Cutlet

[Youtube Ep 15] Supercar maniac Jang Keun Suk's first electric car contract? (Porsche, Ferrari, McLaren, Tesla Model X Plaid)

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...