Ok TaecYeon 옥택연 | [Upcoming Drama 2024 "Taereung Zombie Village"]

Admin

17 hours ago, adikkeluangman said:

What do the cast of 'Hey Ghost, Let's Fight' promise to do if they reach their viewership rating goal?

The cast of 'Hey Ghost, Let's Fight' talked about what they would do to express their thanks should the drama go over 5% in viewership ratings. 

Kim So Hyun and Taecyeon promised, "If the viewership goes over 5%, then we will wear the same costumes from the drama and enact a fight scene at the exact place we filmed the fight scene." No takes backsies, Kim So Hyun and Taecyeon! We will remember that promise!

Kwon Yool, on the other hand, said, "We will think very carefully about [what we can do for the viewers] and announce our decision at a later time through [the drama's] official Facebook page." 

Some fans revealed what they personally wanted to see, yelling out, "How about riding roller coasters in ghost costumes??" and, "Free hug event!" 

At the free hug suggestion, Kwon Yool remarked, "If the drama goes over 10%, then Taecyeon will hold a solo free hug event." 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/07/what-do-the-cast-of-hey-ghost-lets-fight-promise-to-do-if-they-reach-their-viewership-rating-goal 

-----
“Bring It On, Ghost” Cast Talks About Individual Fears And Ghosts

On July 1, tvN’s new Monday-Tuesday drama “Bring It On, Ghost” held a press conference, where 2PM’s Taecyeon, Kim So Hyun, Kwon Yool, and director Park Joon Hwa attended.

During the event, the cast is asked if they get scared easily. Taecyeon says while laughing, “I naturally have a lot of fear. There are a lot of people who appear in the drama with special effects makeup, and I can’t even look at their eyes.”

Kim So Hyun says, “I’m scared of ghosts, too, but I like hearing chilling stories. Since I play a ghost in the drama myself, I’m not as scared.”

On the other hand, Kwon Yool says, “I don’t fear ghosts, but I do get scared by events in stories that may happen in real life. Our drama deals with realistic events that scare people, so I’m looking forward to it.”

Meanwhile, the first episode of “Bring It On, Ghost” will air on July 11 at 11 p.m. KST.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/07/01/bring-ghost-cast-talks-individual-fears-ghosts/ 

Hi adikkeluangman, thanks for sharing the articles. Looking at the photos, Taecyeon looks dandy in his suit. And I noticed that the two seemed to be friendly to each other. :P

Kim So Hyun Shares Cute Group Shots With “Bring It On, Ghost” Cast Including Taecyeon And More

Kim So Hyun Shares Cute Group Shots With “Bring It On, Ghost” Cast Including Taecyeon And More

Kim So Hyun is getting us even more excited for her upcoming drama “Bring It On, Ghost” (working title)!

Kim So Hyun will soon be starring in this new tvN drama opposite 2PM’s Taecyeon, and on July 4 she shared two photos to her Instagram of the pair in a vintage van along with three of their co-stars (as well as an inflatable dolphin). Actors Kang Ki Young and Lee David are in the front, while Baek Seo Yi joins Kim So Hyun and Taecyeon in the back, and the group looks like they’re ready for a trip to the beach.

In the photos, Kim So Hyun is pulling a totally blank face, while Taecyeon does some cute aegyo with his co-stars. Kim So Hyun includes the hashtags, “Bring It On, Ghost,” and “Fighting,” as well as emojis of a heart and a kissing face.

“Bring It On, Ghost” also stars Kwon Yool, Kim Sang Ho, and more. The story follows Taecyeon’s character, a boy who’s able to see ghosts, and ghost Kim So Hyun as they team up to help ghosts get closure so they can pass on to the afterlife.

The show’s first episode will be airing on July 11 on tvN. Are you looking forward to the premiere?

Source (1) / soompi news

17 Of The Best K-Pop Idols And Rappers To Follow On Snapchat

17 Of The Best K-Pop Idols And Rappers To Follow On Snapchat

Forget Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Vine – we all know that Snapchat is where it’s at! Snapchat is used daily by millions of people around the world, providing virtual ways to interact and connect with others. What sets Snapchat apart from the rest is that it provides instant live updates accessible to everyone on the friends list if uploaded on “My Story.” With such a platform, K-pop idols are now able to provide insight into their daily routine and interact with fans on a newer, more intimate level. More and more idols are starting to use apps like Snapchat these days, and if you haven’t already, you might want to consider adding some of these celebrities onto your Snapchat list. 

(skipped unrelated.....)

2PM’s Taecyeon

ID: taeccool1227

Taecyeon especially loves giving his fans a bit of a behind-the-scenes look into his celebrity life, sometimes including his 2PM brothers when they go overseas for their concerts. His Snaps definitely show a bit more of his playful, goofy side.

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

*** So NICE to see that Taecyeon's endearing cat drawings have now become his own popular brand line. :P That's so COOL because it's pink - I love pink!

2PM Taecyeon's character Okcat has a new friend!

Taecyeon_1467867216_af_org.jpg

Our favorite green cat Okcat has a new cat friend!

SEE ALSO: Taecyeon reveals the mischievous thing he'd like to do to the 2PM members if he were a ghost

Recently, 2PM member Taecyeon's very own character brand Okcat revealed plans to launch a new, companion character to the successful green cat character, a pink female named Yeoncat!

According to her profile, Yeoncat is a female friend of Okcat, whom Okcat and Taecyeon met while they were adventuring in Greece. Brand new Yeoncat goods begin selling through the official Okcat website beginning this July 8!

Isn't Yeoncat a cutie?

Taecyeon_1467867491_CmpmyF2VIAA_bya.jpg-

Taecyeon_1467867492_CmuvPH0UcAgrcil.jpg-

source : allkpop

• Like 1

2PM’s Taecyeon sends food truck to Chansung’s filming set

Chansung_1467722408_20160706_2pm1.jpg

2PM’s Taecyeon showed off his love for member Chansung by sending a coffee truck to his filming set for web drama “Romantic Boss”.

Chansung shared his gratefulness to Taecyeon by uploading a photo with the caption, “Taecyeon hyung sent over a coffee truck while we are filming for our web drama ‘Romantic Boss’. Hehehe. We’ll enjoy the coffee. @taeccool. Thank you, thank you. I will repay you.”

2PM’s Chansung is currently filming for his web drama “Romantic Boss” with actress Kyung Soo Jin” while Taecyeon’s drama on tvN with Kim So Hyun is set to air next week.
Chansung_1467722408_20160706_2pm2

source : http://kpopfighting.com/2016/07/08/2pms-taecyeon-sends-food-truck-chansungs-filming-set/

• Like 1

New and Coming Soon to DramaFever July 11 to July 17

2ecd469f-a802-44c8-b30e-0820ffe9593d.jpg

COMING SOON

2. Let's Fight Ghost

Starring Kim So Hyun and Ok Taec Yeon

Kim So Hyun (School 2015) and Ok Taec Yeon (Assembly) star in a supernatural drama that is sure to be a hit across multiple dimensions. Having spent all her life focused on her grades, studious high schooler Hyun Ji (Kim So Hyun) was really looking forward to her college entrance exams. Unfortunately, she never gets to take those exams and dies in an accident the day before. Wandering aimlessly around the world, Hyun Ji’s ghost is lost and simply can’t move on. One day, however, she meets the gorgeous Bong Pal (Ok Taec Yeon), an exorcist who just so happens to be really good at helping ghosts that have trouble moving on. Together, they work to help as many spirits transition to the afterlife as they can, getting closer to Hyun Ji’s freedom—and each other—with each and every exorcism. Adding to the drama are Joo Hye Sung (One More Happy Ending star Kwon Yool), a veterinary medicine professor and hospital surgeon, and Monk Myung Chul (City Hunter alum Kim Sang Ho), Bong Pal’s Buddhist priest and spiritual guide. 

Upgrade to Premium and watch the latest episodes of Let's Fight Ghost instantly! Starting with Episode 3, Premium Users will have FIRST access to the latest episodes for one week!

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : dramafever

MORE --

COMING SOON: Touching You, starring Ok Taecyeon and Song Ha Yoon

de68df28-2539-469a-846b-4261f02bdf41.jpg

An adorable new web drama starring Ok Taec Yeon (Let's Fight Ghostand Song Ha Yoon (Dream Knight) is on its way from JYP Entertainment! Touching You is a sweet a romantic comedy about a man who can see his future, which includes an angelic and unique young woman. Take a look! 

Synopsis

A man who can see the future (Ok Taecyeon) and an aspiring makeup artist (Song Ha Yoon) meet under unique circumstances and start to fall in love, but can he help her avoid her tragic fate? 

Poster

a0afd73f-1484-4264-a5d3-6bbd2756d3ff.jpg

Stills

b8ad5089-6f4e-4491-9d79-26c6e34438bb.jpgb6e0b33a-b4c4-447a-8021-62d88bc32576.jpg4db13311-a548-4ca9-832c-03e5aa14406c.jpg

b98bc9e8-b238-46de-b6f0-8640d347bb06.jpg

Spoiler

b98bc9e8-b238-46de-b6f0-8640d347bb06.jpgdfa02cfd-7050-41f2-9780-de378aea7ee7.jpg

5042fbe6-cffc-48ba-8e81-991d1810b016.jpg

Touching You will be fully released on DramaFever on July 22.

Spoiler

July 11, 2016

Ok Taec-yeon‘s kiss scene in new drama revealed

Cable TV channel tvN revealed a kiss scene between Ok Taec-yeon from 2PM, and Korean actress Kim So-hyun, before the premiere of its new series, “Hey Ghost, Let‘s Fight” on Monday.

(a capture from tvN)

(a capture from tvN)

The photo shows the moment just before the two are about to kiss.

An observer from the drama crew said: “The first episode will show a rather squabbling relationship between the two characters. Their inseparable relationship will soon lead to romance.“

“Hey Ghost, Let’s Fight” is a remake of a Korean webtoon of the same title, which was published on Korean portal site Naver from 2007 to 2010.

The story focuses on Park Bong-pal (Ok Taec-yeon), a financially troubled exorcist, and Kim Hyun-ji (Kim So-hyun), a ghost who died in an accident the day before her college entrance exams. The two characters form a close relationship as they perform exorcisms.

The series is set to premiere on Monday and will be broadcasted every Monday and Tuesday on channel tvN.

By Choi Hyung-won (h.c1110@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 1

10 K-drama characters we’d date in a heartbeat

Which K-drama character would you date in a heartbeat in real life? Can’t decide? Check out our candidates below!

(skipped unrelated.....)

6. Park Bong Pal (Ok Taec Yeon)

41d07c57-e97b-42b0-b5ae-aba0ab0cd510.jpg

Perhaps you should give dating someone very unusual a try: an exorcist. The gorgeous exorcist Park Bong Pal of Let’s Fight Ghost is nice enough to help out Kim Hyun Ji (Kim So Hyun), a troubled ghost. Let’s just hope that he’s not playful and would never dare to scare us with his abilities.

LINK to Vote : https://www.dramafever.com/news/10-k-drama-characters-youd-date-in-a-heartbeat/

Taecyeon shares a cute selfie from the Let's Fight Ghost premiere party

3ef8681c-d205-4de7-a9ea-da8698033246.PNG

Taecyeon is celebrating his supernatural series!

Today, the 2PM member and his Let's Fight Ghost crew gathered together to watch the very first episode of the brand new paranormal tvN show. He took a cheerful group selfie with everyone watching intently and enjoying the premiere. The handsome 27-year-old star gave his signature OKCAT-like smile for the Twitter photo. In Taec's caption, he mentions they are preparing to watch Let's Fight Ghost and cheers for the new show.

While we wait for Let's Fight Ghost's grand premiere today, don't forget to sit back and enjoy DramaFever's fellow weekly newbies Doctor Crush and Uncontrollably Fond. Sweet love and raw emotion are contrasting every week this summer. 

Are you excited to add Let's Fight Ghost to your weekly K-drama list? 

• Like 1

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Bring It On, Ghost" Episode 2

photo745894.jpg

Hyeon-ji discovered last episode that by kissing Bong-pal, she was able to recover some memories. Given how Hyeon-ji is helplessly wandering the world of the living as a ghost with nothing better to do, it is unsurprising that Hyeon-ji wishes to explore this unexpected development further.. However, Hyeon-ji is a teenage girl before she is a ghost, and rather than simply tell Bong-pal her motivation and ask for help, she decides to act weird and clingy for no good reason.

That's the central joke in this episode of "Bring It On, Ghost", in much the same way that the last episode kept making the joke be about how in this universe ghosts can be punched. And here too the repetitive punchline works out pretty well thanks to strong performances. Kim So-hyeon-I, being a teenage girl herself who is presumably still in high school, knows exactly how to act like an annoying high school girl. It is less clear how Taecyeon knows how to be an unresponsive college jerk- probably sense memory from his often ridiculous character in "Who Are You - 2013".

Whatever the individual reasons, the tone works. We still have yet to see the whole gang of characters coalesce into a cohesive group. Myeong-cheol bumbles around rather ineffectively in his own exorcism adventure before team mutually annoying get involved. Cheong-sang and In-rang, meanwhile, go from merely suspecting that Bong-pal fight ghosts to coming up with reasonably convincing proof. It is as yet unclear what they plan to do with this evidence.

While the pacing in "Bring It On, Ghost" could probably stand to be a little faster, enough interesting questions are broached just quickly enough to keep me very interested in what will happen next. The flashback to Bong-pal as a kid is fascinating, if only because it begs the question of how he could go from being scared of ghosts to frequently lacking any kind of reasonable fear of the spectral entities at all.

"Bring It On, Ghost" is solid enough as a gag comedy that I'm willing to give it a lot of latitude for the moment. Director Park Joon-hwa was responsible for "Let's Eat", after all, and even at its worst that franchise was always pretty consistently funny. Oh, final note for those of who you skip the previews- there's a bonus epilogue scene at the end. Up until now I've only ever seen epilogue scenes before the previews, so I'm not sure why the ending was edited in such a way as to make people likely to miss it.

Review by William Schwartz

"Bring It On, Ghost" is directed by Park Joon-hwa, written by Lee Dae-il-I and features Taecyeon, Kim So-hyeon-I, Kwon Yul, Kim Sang-ho, Kang Ki-yeong and Lee David.

Watch on DramaFever

Episode 2

Watch on DramaFever

source : Hancinema

kiss to remember

bg2

Ghost Girl regains lost memories only when she kisses Human Boy. Now that’s a smart plot device to keep our OTP kissin’ regularly even if the miracle cure doesn’t work all the time. I’ve only caught bits and pieces of Bring It On, Ghost! mostly because I find the ghosts too ghoulish despite it being a comedy of sorts. But I find Taceyeon and Kim So Hyun lovable in their roles and am glad there seems to be no awkwardness between them.

bg1

Their kisses are obviously fake-outs but I like their easy bantering and bickering. Plus, there is something sweet and endearing about their blooming friendship. Since Kim So Hyun’s memory is jolted by smacking lips with Taecyeon, I wonder whether they had a past together when she had been alive, with Taecyeon’s memories of her being erased when she died. I was cracking up on how she kept trying to kiss him. Check out the incredibly cute, boisterous OTP scenes below:

• Like 1

7 Sexy photos of Taecyeon that will turn anyone into a Let's Fight Ghost fan

3a2fe9ec-a6f5-4214-90ab-ead980cc1e8f.jpg

Taecyeon is one hot exorcist in Let’s Fight Ghost! The 27-year-old idol has been making 2PM's fandom Hottests' hearts race since his debut in 2008, and K-drama viewers will be given one more chance to see his sexiness before his military enlistment next year. If you haven't decided if you want to see Taec take on the Park Bong Pal role yet, I have provided seven photos that will instantly turn you into a Let's Fight Ghost fangirl. 

1. A glimpse of his perfectly chiseled arms can make any K-drama fan's day. 

Spoiler

6ce600b3-86d9-4b77-bd4a-fcc4a628e9d3.jpg

2. Who says guys can't rock low v-neck shirts? Not me! Taecyeon looks smoldering in anything he wears. 

1bf05650-d206-4529-aef4-510f7d9372f1.jpg

3. I think this sexy photo proves my point! Does your significant other look this great in a t-shirt and jeans? 

742c7a35-0f88-4ee0-98f0-6c4b28da5e6c.jpg

4. Ghosts can never beat him, because he is always a part of the wining team! 

e7d6386a-2083-4716-b581-0e6a527c7e0d.jpe

5. If a South Korean version of The Bachelor ever premieres, Taecyeon should be cast as the first one! He already has the classic rose for the lady of his dreams. 

f9a1c8e7-5508-4eef-97f8-67f7f9b5e264.jpg

6. His former We Got Married wife Gui Gui was one lucky girl. Who wouldn't want to be his on-screen spouse? 

99d18730-4cd3-406f-9fe9-1744ee6f0b0b.jpg

7. Yes, his back is just as sexy! If he isn't a life-size Ken doll, I don't know who is!

cb12deae-d20e-4788-9576-c509c3e89227.jpg

You can watch this sexy Hallyu star battle ghosts every week on Let's Fight Ghost!

Spoiler

• Like 1

Times idols aired grievances about their agencies

misc_1468532517_af_org.jpg

Agencies and their artists should work hand in hand but that's not always the case! Sometimes there's tension when things don't go the way the artists want, but they usually don't have much power or say in the matter.

Check out these moments when artists boldly decided to speak up about the way the company works anyway!

When Taecyeon vented about the way things are run in JYP Entertainment

misc_1468532266_e_taecyeon.jpg

LINK to view the video : http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/07/times-idols-aired-grievances-about-their-agencies

*** I'm happy for Taecyeon's drama that it's doing fine rating-wise. In cable dramas, 1% of viewer’s ratings are a standard win. :P

Drama viewership ratings for the week of July 11-17, 2016

dramaratings_2.jpg

Man, tvN is just knocking it out of the ballpark lately—the premiere of Bring It On, Ghost this week set a record high for a Monday-Tuesday show for the cable network, who must be very pleased with their choices lately. I admit to being a bit curious as to how this tvN ghost show starring Taecyeon would fare compared to this tvN ghost show starring Taecyeon, but have been pleasantly entertained so far. (Plus, I’ve always had a soft spot for Taecyeon. He’s trying, okay?)

(skipped unrelated.....)

Monday, July 11      
Beautiful Mind 7 KBS 3.5%
Monster 31 MBC 10.5%
Doctors 7 SBS 18.8%
Bring It On, Ghost 1 tvN 4.1%
Tuesday, July 12      
Beautiful Mind 8 KBS 4.3%
Monster 32 MBC 11.2%
Doctors 8 SBS 19.2%
Bring It On, Ghost 2 tvN 4.1%

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/07/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-july-11-17-2016/

Pre-debut photos of 2PM and interesting facts

Taecyeon

(left: online community, right: JYP Entertainment)

Taecyeon is currently starring in the drama “Hey Ghost, Let‘s Fight,” which airs on tvN on Mondays. He said this will probably be the last drama he stars in as he begins his military service in 2017.

In Decembr 2010, Taecyeon gave up his American permanent resident visa status so that he would be able to enlist in the South Korean military.

In 2008, he had been deemed physically ineligible for military service and only fit for public service, due to his poor vision and a shoulder injury. Determined to serve in the military, Taecyeon underwent surgery and had another physical examination in 2013. He was deemed fit to serve in active military service then.

(skipped unrelated.....)

By Lee Ji-hae (jihlee@heraldcorp.com)

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Bring It On, Ghost" Episode 3

photo747808.jpg

The format for this episode is mostly the exact same as the first two. Strictly speaking this is not a bad thing, since the first two episodes were quite engaging. But after a certain point rehashing the same jokes gets to be tiring however energetic and fun the relevant performances may be. Myeong-cheol is not a terribly competent priest, and also he tends to make gross sounds. Is the main purpose of his character really just going to be some variation on these jokes every single time?

Kyeong-ja fares somewhat better in that regard, because her main personality trait (man-chasing) at least seems likely to eventually get us closer to the main plot. Hye-seong (played by Kwon Yul) is the clear implied villain of "Bring It On, Ghost", but so far we still know almost nothing about him except that he has mysterious scars and is more upset about being attacked by a cat than he lets on. I mean, shoot, the same thing could be said about me, and I like cats.

The main ghost that needs to be put down this episode, while initially presented in a striking, beautifully shot setpiece, is ultimately little more than fodder for Bong-pal and Hyeon-ji to put down. They only hit upon her weakness by complete accident. But more problematic than that is how the ghost's killing spree begs the question of why more people in this universe do not believe in ghosts, since there's no other explanation for the murders.

The good parts of "Bring It On, Ghost" are the same good parts that were in the first two episodes. There's the usual great playful chemistry between Taecyeon and Kim So-hyeon-I- fights that Hyeon-ji inevitably wins on account of the fact that Bong-pal looks like a crazy person any time they have a confrontation in public. Now that Bong-pal and Hyeon-ji are finally explicitly working together, that's one more important part of the introduction out of the way.

All the same, can we please get done with the introductions very soon? I thought during the first two episodes that I could endure "Bring It On, Ghost"s combination cool spectral combat, childish flirting, and low brow humor indefinitely, but writer Lee Dae-il-I seems to be trying to test and see if that's actually true. I mean come on, really. There's so much interesting stuff in this world that I'd really like to know about sooner rather than later.

"Bring It On, Ghost" is directed by Park Joon-hwa, written by Lee Dae-il-I and features Taecyeon, Kim So-hyeon-I, Kwon Yul, Kim Sang-ho, Kang Ki-yeong and Lee David.

Watch on DramaFever

Episode 3

Watch on DramaFever

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Bring It On, Ghost" Episode 4

photo748072.jpg

So apparently...ghosts can wear dresses? I don't have any big logical problems with this, it's just that of all the questions "Bring It On, Ghost" could be answering right now "can ghosts wear dresses" really strikes me as the most irrelevant one. Much like the previous episode, this episode is simply another restatement of the same plot points that dominated the first two. Bong-pal and Hyeon-ji have anatagonistic fun, Myeong-cheol is not a very good monk, Cheon-sang and In-rang are a couple of dopes, and we still have no idea what's going on with Hye-seong.

Really. Writer Lee Dae-il-I is still going on about that stupid cat issue, which is another very uninteresting story point to focus on in a drama that's supposed to be about fighting ghosts. I can't figure out what's going on with the pacing. It feels like each new episode of "Bring It On, Ghost" is simply an alternate version of the first one because the production team didn't want to completely throw out their old drafts.

Let's take Cheon-sang and In-rang. To date they're the only ones who have been able to, however ineffectually, locate ghosts. Bong-pal and Hyeon-ji are wrapped up in their own little worlds and only ever barely glaze over the backstories of the enemy ghosts before getting into fights. This is workable when the antagonistic ghosts are one-off jokes like the peeping tom schoolgirl crossdresser, or simple archetypes like the domestic abuser. But this episode and the last have tried to do actual pathos with its ghosts, to limited effect.

"Cheo Yong: The Paranormal Detective" managed to pull this off much more effectively, because in that drama the lead character and his allies were making a proactive effort to locate ghosts, so the story unfolded much more organically. "Bring It On, Ghost" is using the basic format of dealing with one-off ghosts without really understanding how that brand of storytelling is supposed to work. The result is colorful characters, yet not much else.

"Bring It On, Ghost" is starting to wear out my patience. I'm beginning to question whether this drama was ever actually properly storyboarded, or whether the pacing really is just that bad. Without proper variation and movement in context the greatest jokes in the world get stale awfully quickly, and "Bring It On, Ghost" had pretty low brow humor to begin with. I'd just really like to see more dedication to holistic storytelling and less to individual gags.

Watch on DramaFever

Episode 4

Watch on DramaFever