[info] The 8th Annual Korea Times Music Festival 2010 (hb)

Guest khype

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest didibabez1

I stayed at the Wilshire last year and took the subway everywhere. It is soo convenient. Although I had to walk like forever from the subway stop to the Bowl...like 10min walk....great work out though. Lots of people walking to the bowl and leaving the bowl so nothing to be scared of. Traffic is really bad so I wouldn't drive there if I were you.....It's hell getting out of the parking lot....

Guest Rhonda21

Is anyone planning on staying at the sponser hotel and is looking for people to stay with? I don't want to have to pay that much a night for just 2 people. Plus I felt much safer traveling in a group the year I went. Made things much cheaper too.

Guest didibabez1

wow how much is it and how long will it take? and can we also do the same to go to the HB?

If you take the subway,,,it's like $5.00 for an all day pass..... so you use the same card all day long... soo convenient and cheap.... My sisters and I got so use to the subway.....it's way better than taxi or bus......if you take the redline....it goes to Highland Blvd...about a 10 - 15min subway ride....then it's like a 10min walk to the bowl....super easy.... If you see a lot of Asians, you know you're walkin the right way...kekeke...

I'm not sure about traffic... but i'm trying to get a hotel close to HB. (I heard Bestwestern Hollywood Plaza is close) so i might just walk.. back... to the hotel.. idk if you're staying in a hotel though.

It's gonna be late and im gonna be alone!!! I hope i don't get kidnapped and raped :[

As long as it's after the HB then at least if i get murdered, i can go to heaven and be like "Guys did you see that!!! totally cool awesome concert. :D" I'm sure the angels like kpop too.. right? right? idk im weird.

LOL the angel kpop thing XD

but alot of people walk down the way of HB to were that hotel is at (since there are pay parking choices besides the Bowl itself) so you shouldn't worry so much~

also the traffic flow goes down there so there's plenty of cars that if they saw anything wrong they can get off and help- in the worst case scenario ^^;

I don't care if SNSD comes or not and if there was a SM Family concert in the US then I would totally go and cheer for them, but because this isn't a SM Concert then I just ask that we have some variety and have some new groups.

Exactly.

Coming more than twice in a row can, get not as exciting to see the group again as if you have to wait like 2-3 years?

Well atleast if they're not your main fandom- 'cause if it was DBSK I wouldn't mind >D (biased;;)

But overall seeing some new artists sounds good :)

Guest Tinateukbum

I stayed at the Wilshire last year and took the subway everywhere. It is soo convenient. Although I had to walk like forever from the subway stop to the Bowl...like 10min walk....great work out though. Lots of people walking to the bowl and leaving the bowl so nothing to be scared of. Traffic is really bad so I wouldn't drive there if I were you.....It's hell getting out of the parking lot....
Yeah, the parking lot after the bowl is a huge mess. I didn't know there was a subway to the bowl area to the Wilshire. I could've totally done that.

As the real ticket date nears, I am srsly thinking so much about what tickets I wanna spend my money on. arghhh.

If you take the subway,,,it's like $5.00 for an all day pass..... so you use the same card all day long... soo convenient and cheap.... My sisters and I got so use to the subway.....it's way better than taxi or bus......if you take the redline....it goes to Highland Blvd...about a 10 - 15min subway ride....then it's like a 10min walk to the bowl....super easy.... If you see a lot of Asians, you know you're walkin the right way...kekeke...

Plus with your Metro red line pass you can transfer to the HB shuttle for free from the Orange Court (2nd level) at the Hollywood & Highland Center.

Guest sergeantsica

I don't care if SNSD comes or not and if there was a SM Family concert in the US then I would totally go and cheer for them, but because this isn't a SM Concert then I just ask that we have some variety and have some new groups.

very good points, in fact i've actually just about given up on SNSD coming again, but i'm definitely excited to see groups that have made a splash in the kpop scene recently :)

i decided that when artists are released, i'm going to do some heavy research on the groups i'm less familiar with so that i'm not caught off guard or bored haha.

nervous for saturday, since it'll be my first ticket-buying experience ><

Guest Wendy1430265887

Is anyone planning on staying at the sponser hotel and is looking for people to stay with? I don't want to have to pay that much a night for just 2 people. Plus I felt much safer traveling in a group the year I went. Made things much cheaper too.

Oh. Me me me. I was planning on splitting the room with someone but I can't check out a room yet. I heard you're supposed to be 18... So you would have to be the on to check out the room.

Guest oneemil

It seems like many of you guys think this is going to be some SM Family kind of concert because most of you think a lot of SM artists are coming.

Yeah, there is a possibility where 3 SM groups can be coming, but usually Hollywood Bowl doesn't do that.

It's not like THEY'RE stupid and unprofessional enough to actually invite Super Junior, SHINee, SNSD, AND f(x) at the same time.

Even if they do, I'm pretty sure SM will only send few groups.

Also, I'm sure these people know about idols and the new groups that came out. They'll invite new idols and some other solo singers.

It'll be a variety of singers. Also, A LOT of adults attend to this concert. It's not like it'll ONLY be idols.

Let's just wait for the list to come out yes? ;DDD

Guest xforeverwithyou

Wahh the prices went up again xD

I wish I could go this year, but since

its on the 1st..of course that calls for midterms week :/

I'm excited for the release of the artist though xD

Guest Masugomi

Ok the sponsor hotels sound nice, and i'd like to, but idk how much they'd be? And how far? in the end, is it really worth it?

i was supposed to go with 2 others, and now they're not going. I don't want to stay in a hotel and pay for it all by myself D:!!!!

I was totally gonna ask that question!!!! BUT idk it's so weird getting a hotel with people you don't knowwww!!! loooooooool.

idk. idk.

But it's ok, im an adult. i can handle these things. i hope.

Guest didibabez1

Ok the sponsor hotels sound nice, and i'd like to, but idk how much they'd be? And how far? in the end, is it really worth it?

i was supposed to go with 2 others, and now they're not going. I don't want to stay in a hotel and pay for it all by myself D:!!!!

I was totally gonna ask that question!!!! BUT idk it's so weird getting a hotel with people you don't knowwww!!! loooooooool.

idk. idk.

But it's ok, im an adult. i can handle these things. i hope.

Hey, where are you from? My 2 sisters can't go now because of finals that week and following week so I'm stuck alone unless some other people wanna go with me too. I hear you, I don't want to pay for the hotel alone either. It's way expensive. We stayed at the sponser hotel last year and paid over $200 for 3 days. worth it cuz we saw Kim Hyun Joong, Kim Tae Woo, and Son Ho Young. oh yeah and the SNSD girls too.... If you want, we can stay together... I'm desperate to go. ahahhahahahha

Plus with your Metro red line pass you can transfer to the HB shuttle for free from the Orange Court (2nd level) at the Hollywood & Highland Center.

Forealz....I didn't know that.. we walked cuz we're speed walkers...ekekkee....good to know though...

Guest EternalELF

i already have 3 other people with me and if those of you that are alone [and better yet, if ur 21+] you should stay with us since the more the better, less awkward, and less expensive

i mean if you only have like 3 ppl in the room and the other 2 are friends, it'd be hella quiet and awkward

last year we had 10 ppl and it was so fun ^^ plus we paid $10 for each night lol!

Guest didibabez1

i already have 3 other people with me and if those of you that are alone [and better yet, if ur 21+] you should stay with us since the more the better, less awkward, and less expensive

i mean if you only have like 3 ppl in the room and the other 2 are friends, it'd be hella quiet and awkward

last year we had 10 ppl and it was so fun ^^ plus we paid $10 for each night lol!

Where did everyone sleep?? floor? kekeek. I'm 30....I can be everyone's big sister....ahahhaha Did you stay at the wilshire last year?? how did you guys get around?? were you in the lobby?? ekeke..

Guest Wendy1430265887

Awe, I'm under 21.

@didibabez1

If no one takes me in I will join you :D Is that okay?

I was wondering, if i sit in the section labeled D, will anything be blocking my view of the stage? o___o

Nope~

I mean I sat on Section E (in 2008), which is on the opposite side and there's nothing in the way, actually from anywhere in the stage, even the way back section :]

unless people bring HUGE fansigns =0

It seems like many of you guys think this is going to be some SM Family kind of concert because most of you think a lot of SM artists are coming.

Yeah, there is a possibility where 3 SM groups can be coming, but usually Hollywood Bowl doesn't do that.

It's not like THEY'RE stupid and unprofessional enough to actually invite Super Junior, SHINee, SNSD, AND f(x) at the same time.

Even if they do, I'm pretty sure SM will only send few groups.

Also, I'm sure these people know about idols and the new groups that came out. They'll invite new idols and some other solo singers.

It'll be a variety of singers. Also, A LOT of adults attend to this concert. It's not like it'll ONLY be idols.

Let's just wait for the list to come out yes? ;DDD

Well it's not like it is going to be an SM Concert (possibility) but SM is like the only Company that brings over 2 artists atlest~

Like there wasn't any JYP or YG representetives last year so that's why speculation on who's going to be the main artists is kinda going to Super Junior who just happens to be from SME since there aren't many other "high groups"

*It may just end up being a girl group who is the main event but yeah..

And you're right- adults and even little kids come since it's a family concert but I don't think many here (including myself) spazz as much about the older generation artists like we do about idol group s ^^'

Archived