2009 KBS Drama Awards [2009 KBS 연기대상]

Guest kdramafanusa

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest eightbelow

I just don't like the award ceremony last night. How come one award has 6 nominations of which four are from boys over flower? this award name should be changed to "Iris and boys over flower awards" not KBS drama awards. They promote too much for iris and boys over flowers.

No one updating this thread??

January 3, 2010

2009 Drama Awards Wrap Up With No Surprises

By Han Sang-hee

Staff Reporter

100103_p14_2009.jpg

There were no big surprises at the Drama Awards held by the three major networks ― KBS, SBS and MBC ― last year.

The Grand Prizes each went to Lee Byung-hun for his work in "IRIS'' (KBS), Jang Seo-hee for "Cruel Temptation'' (SBS) and Ko Hyun-joung for "The Great Queen Seondeok'' (MBC).

Year-end drama awards have been criticized for being too generous when giving out awards and also not meeting the public's consensus. Last year's events were indeed generous, yet there were no decisions that caused anyone to shake their heads. However, there were distinctive trends that made the three events different from the past.

'30s Reigning the Small Screen

100103_p14_2009_2.jpg

Unlike the pop industry where young idol bands are main stream, the older crowd is on top in the drama scene.

Lee, Jang and Ko are all in their '30s, beating their younger colleagues with their charisma, experience and impeccable acting skills.

Top prizes, including the Best Acting Awards, also went to actors and actresses in their thirties, including Chae Si-ra ("The Iron Empress,'' KBS), Yoon Sang-hyun ("My Wife is a Superwoman,'' MBC) and So Ji-sub ("Cain and Abel,'' SBS).

Most of the dramas aired last year featured 30-something actors. Notable exceptions included hit drama ``Boys Over Flowers,'' but many television series dealt with more mature characters who were caught up in love triangles and hip trends.

Thanks to the superb acting, numerous dramas, such as "Style'' and "Cain and Abel'' managed to receive critical acclaim, even though they failed to mark high ratings.

Actresses Shine

Last year saw numerous actresses bloom, thanks to dramas that depicted love and battles between the two sexes.

Along with Ko, Lee Yo-won also received the Best Acting Award for her role as Great Queen Seondeok, while Kim Nam-joo took home the same prize as the smart yet silly housewife from "My Wife is a Superwoman.''

Kim Tae-hee and Kim So-yeon also made a lasting impression for their tough and distinctive roles in the popular drama "IRIS,'' and their work paid off with awards at the KBS Drama Awards. Kim Tae-hee, who has been continuously criticized for her poor acting throughout her career, thanked viewers in tears as she received the awards, while Kim So-yeon also cried as she thanked her loved ones.

Couples Galore

Dramas of 2009 also displayed numerous couples on the small screen, and of course awards were given to the best ones.

MBC's Best Couple Award went to Lee Yo-won and Kim Nam-gil from "The Great Queen Seondeok," while SBS awarded singer-turned-actor Lee Seung-gi and Han Hyo-joo from "Brilliant Legacy.'' Lee and Kim's characters in the period drama failed to find happiness on the small screen, but their tragic love and affection toward each other moved the audience. KBS gave out awards to a number of couples: Lee Byung-heon and Kim Tae-hee ("IRIS''), Yun Eun-hye and Yoon Sang-hyun ("My Fair Lady''), Ku Hye-sun and Lee Min-ho ("Boys Over Flowers''), and Lee Pil-mo and Yoo Seon ("My Too Perfect Sons'').

The year 2009 has come to an end, and so has the excitement of last year's soaps.

With high hopes and keen anticipation, the three major networks are expected to provide yet another exciting year, filled with talented actors, interesting storylines and catchy trends.

Credits: sanghee@koreatimes.co.kr

Guest kdramafanusa

I updated the 1st post with the winner list from the official 2009 KBS Drama Awards website.

I won't be able to include the complete nominee list since I don't have a chance to watch the show yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Heymannews]

MC : Kim So-Yeon, Tak Jae-Hoon, Lee Da-Hae

bnREaZcb6imlZOFrF33S8vEMVaXql.jpg

CERaJ5r6r1prIe.jpg

Kim So-Yeon (IRIS)

eiO32fwiCKbRRgmIPx7.jpg

Chae Si-Ra (The Iron Empress)

pjwX1i2CcO6ScDI.jpg

beKzypBBkqiq5QiX3qgZBPl.jpg

Moon Chae-Won (My Fair Lady)

IERtlGrpjNbi3meQLYD9.jpg

rCtigOZbTXJ.jpg

Kim So-Eun (He Who Can't Marry / Boys Over Flowers / The Iron Empress)

xS9NrVz185T.jpg

XwcKlp9m7mI4EUL6NAhHkrE.jpg

Yoo Seon (My Too Perfect Sons)

3lrJeF3x1ZYOH.jpg

4BSC88KvdsviV.jpg

Kim Ah-Joong (The Accidental Couple)

EnjWywsYSbq6SBle5.jpg

XL22UUs2fmtprQmLvM7Kj2NR5eM.jpg

Jeon Hye-Bin

SQHxIzBPKRX3JYfyJM.jpg

ePYYNjmymBAIOvLt8GuNx7F.jpg

Kim Sung-Eun (Korean Ghost Stories or Hometown Of Legend)

rHWNlSACtmlW46UdTqfuK1G39pN.jpg

aA4EwnQKEw.jpg

Park Min-Young (Korean Ghost Stories - Hometown Of Legend)

Iv7TitkVJLvJ.jpg

H71gDu6b6LcgHh2.jpg

Jo An (Jolly Widows)

C28CvaeEx8y7H1p8Gvd8r7E7j48FbTT.jpg

1mZdxSAh.jpg

Yoo Ha-Na

GnDwX2RFrf8KA1.jpg

edQht28h.jpg

Han Go-Eun

GDaq9zBD3TTIuEZMPKLlAM2.jpg

KXH7dtzq.jpg

Park Han-Byul

bLDRlPTR6Sl3Z.jpg

AjaoWBMgHYK8VWlD1.jpg

Lee Chae-Young

pNROQ3sidzgTc.jpg

7Flw16XD3ODwpQSkJWipR.jpg

Goo Hye-Seon (Boys Over Flowers)

58LemQ7GPdkaBX9rAZniH6Ym.jpg

XSgh1ssq9enlnNlyM11SgtEE1gcy3Ryg.jpg

Kim Tae-Hee, Lee Byung-Hun

gf8yTenZk5pBlHnDPDsU4xNocamZPhe.jpg

mu4tPTpkQx37uVd8jOnvCbAJg2.jpg

Yoon Eun-Hye (My Fair Lady)

yvGvXs9nTGGjouWM4SB.jpg

tPGHHEoDsvqifXIhCETBcF7dL52bL.jpg

SlonlJ7HWi71.jpg

Guest kdramafanusa

Lee Byung-hun scores triple wins at KBS Acting Awards

Reporter : Lim Hye-seon | lhsro@asiae.co.kr

기사입력 2010.01.04 20:40 최종수정 2010.01.04 20:40

2010010416500484105_1.jpg

Korean actor Lee Byung-hun at 2009 KBS Acting Awards [KBS]

Top Korean actor Lee Byung-hun won three awards -- including the grand prize -- at the 2009 KBS Acting Awards, held at KBS Open Hall on December 31.

Lee was awarded the top acting prize of the year for his role in blockbuster drama "IRIS" and also won the Best Couple and Netizens' Choice awards.

"I started acting at KBS," said the actor in his acceptance speech. "When I had just debuted at KBS I heard about the acting awards.. I wondered if I would ever be able to go up on that stage. The very next year, I won the Best New Actor award."

He went on to say, "And now I've won Grand Prize on this stage. I'm very touched." He thanked the staff, actress Su-ae who -- believing Lee would win -- sent him a congratulatory text message in advance and his mother.

The titles for first prize were handed to actor Son Hyun-joo and actress Chae Shi-ra while three more "IRIS" cast members -- Kim Seung-woo, Jung Joon-ho, Kim Tae-hee -- each claimed second prizes.

The Best Couple awards were given out to four fictional couples; Koo Hye-sun and Lee Min-ho ("Boys Over Flowers"), Lee Byung-hun and Kim Tae-hee ("IRIS"), Lee Pil-mo and Yoo-seon ("My Too Perfect Sons") and Yoon Eun-hye and Yoon Sang-hyun ("My Fair Lady").

"Boys Over Flowers" heartthrob Lee Min-ho also won the trophy for Best Newcomer while his co-star Koo Hye-sun picked up the Netizens' Choice award for female actress.

"2009 KBS Acting Awards - List of Winners"

▲ Grand Prize : Lee Byung-hun ("IRIS")

▲ First Prize - Actor : Son Hyun-joo ("My Too Perfect Sons")

▲ First Prize - Actress : Chae Shi-ra ("Empress Chun Chu")

▲ Second Prize - Mini Series - Actor(s) : Ji Jin-hee ("He Who Can't Marry"),

▲ Second Prize - Mini Series - Actress(es) : Kim Ah-joong ("The Accidental Couple")

▲ Second Prize - Mid-Length Series - Actor(s) : Kim Seung-woo, Jung Joon-ho ("IRIS")

▲ Second Prize - Mid-Length Series - Actress(es) : Koo Hye-sun ("Boys Over Flowers"), Kim Tae-hee ("IRIS")

▲ Second Prize - Daily Series - Actor/Actress : Oh Man-suk, Jo An ("Jolly Widows")

▲ Life Achievement Award : Actress Yeo Woon-kye (posthumous award)

▲ Writers Award - Jo Jeong-seon ("My Too Perfect Sons")

▲ Best Couple(s) : Koo Hye-sun and Lee Min-ho ("Boys Over Flowers"), Lee Byung-hun and Kim Tae-hee ("IRIS"), Lee Pil-mo and Yoo-seon ("My Too Perfect Sons"), Yoon Eun-hye and Yoon Sang-hyun ("My Fair Lady").

▲ Supporting Actors : Yoon Joo-sang ("IRIS"), Choi Chul-ho ("Partner"), Moon Jeong-hee ("Empress Chun Chu")

▲ Popularity Award : Yoon Sang-hyun, Yoon Eun-hye ("My Fair Lady"), Kim So-yeon ("IRIS")

▲ Best New Actor/Actress : Lee Min-ho ("Boys Over Flowers"), Kim So-eun ("Boys Over Flowers", "He Who Can't Marry")

▲ Netizens' Choice : Lee Byung-hun ("IRIS"), Koo Hye-sun ("Boys Over Flowers")

▲ Special/Literary/Short Features : Kim Kyu-chul ("Korean Ghost Stories"), Kim Sung-eun ("Korean Ghost Stories")

▲ Young Actors : Park Chang-ik ("The Splendor of Youth"), Park Eun-bin ("Empress Chun Chu")

Reporter : Lim Hye-seon lhsro@asiae.co.kr

Editor : Lynn Kim lynn2878@asiae.co.kr

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

Guest adikkeluangman

Does Goo Hye Sun missed her class or what? :lol: Anyway this show been repeat on this morning 11am at KBSW. But no subtitle so far.

Does Goo Hye Sun missed her class or what? :lol: Anyway this show been repeat on this morning 11am at KBSW. But no subtitle so far.

its the role geum jandi in BOF that gave her so much honor and she's just paying tribute to it ~ i think thats what she's trying to convey people^^ her inner beauty made her stand out. isnt she lovely? love her inside and out <3

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Archived