Gong Hyo Jin 공효진

melusine

Gong Hyo-jin Turns Into Giddy Young Teacher

APRIL 11, 2005 23:28

http://english.donga.com/srv/service.php3?biid=2005041276128

682-84_20050408184919.jpg

"You can put away the image of the cold, steel-like actress Gong Hyo-jin. I will not be holding back anything with my comical side that I have kept inside me for so long."

TV Talent Gong Hyo-jin (26) is turning into a school teacher that takes charge in the town alleyways. She will be featured in SBS's new mini-series "The Hardtack Teacher and Sugar Candies" for Wednesdays and Thursdays as impulsive high school teacher Na Bo-ri. It's her first TV series after 20 months since "Let's Go To School, Sangdoo," a KBS mini-series that aired in 2003.

She played the role of a school teacher, Chae Eun-hwan, in "Sangdoo," too. Counting "Memento Mori: the Second Ghostly High School Tale" and "No Manners," in which she was featured as a high school student, she seems to have a deep affinity with schools.

"If Chae Eun-hwan in Sangdoo was a teacher trapped in a certain set of rules, Na Bo-ri is a hotheaded teacher, who will run around and take over the alleyways of her town. She would go out of control at times, but she keeps her hopes and dreams alive."

Na Bo-ri was a town legend in her high school days as the "Boss." But she's different from any other so-called "Bosses" of the neighborhood. She accidentally "pacifies" all the fighters of top-level school gangs when the alleyway wall collapses on them just before they beat her witless. So she becomes the "Boss" by luck, rather than for her combat skills.

"The Hardtack Teacher and Sugar Candies" is a drama that will comically roll out a number of episodes at a high school to depict issues like teacher-student relationships and school violence. Na Bo-ri, who was kicked out of high school, decides to become a teacher because she could not forget the pretty boy art teacher she loved. However, the journey to becoming a teacher, fresh out of a college in a provincial town, is long and hard. But by a stroke of luck, she becomes a temporary language teacher under the condition of keeping an eye on Park Tae-in, a good-for-nothing son of a chairman at her home school, Jung-seok High School. The Gongs have come together for the show.

"I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Gong Yu and I share the same DNA. Even the family origin (Gokbu Gong) is the same, and we seem to have a similar sense of humor. I'm afraid that this might stir up a scandal."

Gong Hyo-jin will be doing her own stunts, only befitting for her role of a teacher with a reputation of being the legendary fighting champion. She does not spare an ounce of strength when filming scenes where she has to scramble in midair on a rope or fight with a pole.

"My body is well built for fighting. It toughened up hanging around boys in my high school days I spent in Australia. Don't you agree that my life-like fighting action is one of the finest around?"

684-4_20050419094452.jpg

684-51_20050419174306.jpg

686-49_20050503164151.jpg

686-47_20050503163958.jpg

684-52_20050419174323.jpg

686-50_20050503164052.jpg

684-53_20050419174404.jpg

682-80_20050408184740.jpg

684-50_20050419174202.jpg

pics from SBS

Guest Jimbaran

:D That's what everyone tells me! But too much wrenching of my heart will make the melancholic me even more melancholic :P I just finished watching A Millionaire's First Love (by Hyun Bin - whom I consider to be the cutest Korean actor for now :P ) and gosh, the sad ending was just too much.

Will try to continue Sangdoo and yes, Bi's acting in it is really good for a 1st-timer. But he was so young then and kinda goofy-looking :D But I shall re-watch Guns & Talks first..and hv to hunt for Volcanic High this weekend.

Thanks for the gif!

^Aww, you're missing out on a lot of good dramas if you avoid the sad ones! Yes you'll feel as if your heart got wrenched outta your chest and stomped on repeatedly after the ending (don't say I didn't warn you ^__^)... but hey, watching the whole thing is worth it. Really. (: I think it's still Bi's best drama to date.

Btw, I got the gif from Naver--I added it in when I edited my post. (:

Here's another:

cryingghj1el.gif

I love how she cries. (I sound like a sadist, heh)

She does it so naturally.

Dropping by to wish melusine-hunnie, keep on posting... rock on! You're one cool chick (or panda :P) yourself! :lol:

Never give up for GHJ. The pics are awesome! :D

p/s: love your photo-greeting on BH's birthday. :blush:

Guest yoonah

I first saw her in "Volcano High" and my initial impression: "She's not very pretty to be paired with Sang Woo!" And then I saw her again in "Let's Go To School, Sangdoo" and this time, she looks better. :P Yes, she isn't conventionally pretty, the way Song Hye Gyo, Jeon Ji Hyun, etc. are. But she grows on you. And after 16 eps of Sangdoo (actually not even halfway through the drama), I am already fond of her. :) She and Bi looked good together in "Sangdoo..." (Ugh, but did she really share that chicken/food she was eating with the dog??!??) And anyway, I was more than glad to see her again when I watched "Guns and Talks". :)

Guest Jimbaran

Agreed. It took me a couple of episodes of Sangdoo before I found her looking v attractive and it got better along the way. I love the photos posted of her in this thread by melusin - she looks very stylish in all the various styling. :D But she is so so THIN! :o

I first saw her in "volcano High" and my initial impression: "She's not very pretty to be paired with Sang Woo!" And then I saw her again in "Let's Go To School, Sangdoo" and this time, she looks better. :P Yes, she isn't conventionally pretty, the way Song Hye Gyo, Jeon Ji Hyun, etc. are. But she grows on you. And after 16 eps of Sangdoo (actually not even halfway through the drama), I am already fond of her. :) She and Bi looked good together in "Sangdoo..." (Ugh, but did she really share that chicken/food she was eating with the dog??!??) And anyway, I was more than glad to see her again when I watched "Guns and Talks". :)

^I actually like that she isn't what's commonly considered as "pretty". Pretty faces are a dime-a-dozen, and you get easily tired of them (esp if they don't have anything else besides looks). But there's just something so appealing and attractive about HyoJin. She draws you in and before you know it, not only are you fond of the character she's playing (thanks of course to her considerable acting chops), but you've also come to appreciate the unique beauty that she has.

(Ugh, but did she really share that chicken/food she was eating with the dog??!??)
I got the ick when I watched that scene too lol. I'm guessing that either (1) Zanga is her pet in real life and she really loves her dog; or (2) she takes acting very seriously. :P

rubie: But of course, how could I forget to greet LBH? I heart that man. ^__^

Back to GHJ, how'd you find "Snowman" btw? I think I saw you post about it sometime ago but I don't remember if you liked the drama itself or just admired Jo JaeHyun's acting in it. And from one cool chick (ha! :wacko: ) to another, aww shucks and thanks.

c7fcbacebfcd1emffo16lh4.jpg

I remember reading a thread about whom to match BI and there were 2 opponents GHJ and Song Hye Kyo. The result was in support of SHK but the really sad thing was everyone there talked about Gong in a not-ease way. When I read it i felt sad. Actually, SHK is a beautiful woman in my opinion but the thing i like about Gong is her characteristic, which is deeply impressed me film after film. Although sometimes I feel that her acting is rather serious , but I like her unique act in Screen. :D

5456.jpg

5455.jpg

5454.jpg

5451.jpg

5450.jpg

5449.jpg

4470.jpg

Some scenes in Sangdoo

4476.jpg

4475.jpg

4474.jpg

4473.jpg

4467.jpg

4380.jpg

4386.jpg

By the way, I want to see Guns and Talks but cant dl it from Clubbox ( actually i dont know how to use it). Is there any other source to dl ?

13928.jpg

13501.jpg

13924.jpg

13925.jpg