[Music] Show! Music Core - Mbc Gayo Show

Guest xeudaemonic

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm so glad there's a new music program thing to replace music camp. :D happy, happy, happy! and congrats to epik high. :) music bank is getting boring these days; i think i'm gonna start watching this one.

I was finally able to watch the whole episode yesterday, and I got to say I really like this show.

Maybe it was the lineup of performers that made the show so enjoyable for me, but I'm a huge fan of Music Core now.

I liked the dance intro with the MCs, it was cute and a good beginning.

EX, they sang my new favorite song of the moment.

The stage seems pretty big, but the audience seems huge!

My favorite performances: Drunken Tiger & T, EX, and Epik High.

GOD.... was a big disappointment to me. Ho Young... can't sing live, at least, not in that one song.

To me, Inki Gayo is conservative and Music Core is more liberal than conservative.

(not that Inki Gayo sucks, because I still watch that show as well)

By the way, was it just me, but was it completely obvious that some of the performers were using tracks to help them compensate for their inability to sing their songs live?

^yea it was kinda obvious

i love inkigayo because of andy but i like music core cause all the artist somewhat sing live and i like it when people sing live. it was a pretty good show and go epik high!!! i somewhat wanted dbsg to win but its epik high man. tablo is so cute!!! xiah was too!! gosh i am gushing again. better stop. =)

I was finally able to watch the whole episode yesterday, and I got to say I really like this show.

Maybe it was the lineup of performers that made the show so enjoyable for me, but I'm a huge fan of Music Core now.

I liked the dance intro with the MCs, it was cute and a good beginning.

EX, they sang my new favorite song of the moment.

The stage seems pretty big, but the audience seems huge!

My favorite performances: Drunken Tiger & T, EX, and Epik High.

GOD.... was a big disappointment to me. Ho Young... can't sing live, at least, not in that one song.

To me, Inki Gayo is conservative and Music Core is more liberal than conservative.

By the way, was it just me, but was it completely obvious that some of the performers were using tracks to help them compensate for their inability to sing their songs live?

^ right on.

Besides, DT and T and Epik High. I gotta give credit to Gumi (or was it Gummy ? :unsure:) her song was grooving B)

~ oh, btw what do you mean by using tracks... is that like lip-synching?

~ oh, btw what do you mean by using tracks... is that like lip-synching?

Backing tracks are more like a musical recording of the instruments with the main vocals missing, but most of the time the vocals are there and performers who cannot sing live on key use the tracks to fall back on.

They're still singing live, but they're just singing over the prerecorded vocals and the track helps them to sing on key.

Or sometimes, some parts of the main vocals, (like the hardest parts they can't sing live) are precorded so they don't sing those specific parts live.

From the recent Music Core episode, you can hear Dong Bang Shin Gi and Minwoo using backing tracks.

Especially with DBSG, I specifically remember the part with the guy sitting in the chair. Sorry, don't know their names.

You can clearly hear the prerecorded vocals and his live voice singing on top of it. (Which is a huge letdown since he's not even dancing, so he should be able to sing it without the track.)

And Minwoo, granted he did a lot of heaving dancing and you could hear him breathing heavily too, but towards the end of his performance, it was mostly a prerecorded track with him shouting words or singing some parts here and there.

Guest cindel25

It seems like it was taped live then edited together; is that it?

Also if the purpose of this show was to sing live, I would expect them not to used prerecorded backup tracks because you can hear the vocals on the track along with them singing on top of it. You can tell they are not insync; well at least one performance wasn't.

Backing tracks are more like a musical recording of the instruments with the main vocals missing, but most of the time the vocals are there and performers who cannot sing live on key use the tracks to fall back on.

They're still singing live, but they're just singing over the prerecorded vocals and the track helps them to sing on key.

Or sometimes, some parts of the main vocals, (like the hardest parts they can't sing live) are precorded so they don't sing those specific parts live.

From the recent Music Core episode, you can hear Dong Bang Shin Gi and Minwoo using backing tracks.

Especially with DBSG, I specifically remember the part with the guy sitting in the chair. Sorry, don't know their names.

You can clearly hear the prerecorded vocals and his live voice singing on top of it. (Which is a huge letdown since he's not even dancing, so he should be able to sing it without the track.)

And Minwoo, granted he did a lot of heaving dancing and you could hear him breathing heavily too, but towards the end of his performance, it was mostly a prerecorded track with him shouting words or singing some parts here and there.

^ okay i got it now. haha i knew what this was, i just never knew it was called backing tracks :lol:.

true. some parts were like it sounded pre-recorded. granted it's not true live singing (you gotta watch other shows for this), but it's like a level up from lip-synching (which i have a hard time sitting through).

Guest happyroach

Hah Ho Young...don't know what's up with the guy there. He usually sings well live.

And yeah Music Core is more liberal (and modern ;D). The whole atmosphere is awesome.

DBSK soooooo used tracks haha

dude.. i still miss music camp with shingi and mong but music core is good too...

i liked the special performances and man i like people singing live no matter what...

its so much more exciting and like... good.. hahah!! you can really judge the charisma of a performer when they sing live

That is similar to singing in Noraebang (karaoke)?? :unsure:

Guest happyroach

^Not exactly. Karaoke has main vocals removed (harmony parts still present). Backing tracks have either all the vocals present or some "difficult" parts of the vocal present to help the gasoos sing live

hope this helps, if you just want to skip to the part where your fav. artist is. or you could just watch the whole show :lol:

The performance for 11-05-2005

Ex - Please (Jal Butak-deuribnida)

Gumi - Adult child (Eoreun Ah-i)

Bin - 2 am

Eru - Even if I reborn (Dashi Tae-eoh-nado)

Music Find: King Jacks - Twenty-one (Sumul-sal)

M - Girlfriend

Epik High - Fly

Kim Jongguk - Beul, Baram, Haet-sal, Geurigo Sarang < hehe long title>

Comeback special: 1TYM - Medley of songs: How many times (Meut-beon i-na) + Without You + Hot Ddeugeoh + Do you know me + Eohjjeol Geobniga

g.o.d. - 2Love

Power Recital: Windy City, Buga Kingz, Lee Ssang , Epik High - Could You Be Loved? & Me and baby brother

This week's winner (highlight -->) : Epik High

comments:

~King Jacks was another group that performed at the 2005 University Music Competition like Ex. i thought they rocked (maybe even more than Ex?)... and so cool to see them on musiccore. plus they got a female drummer and guitar player B).

~ 1TYM - nice to see them back B)

~pretty cool to see Windy City, BugaKingz, Epik High, Lee Ssang all perform on one stage. these power recital corners are pretty good to see.

Archived