Lee Jin Uk 이진욱

qwenli

Guest cherrylbb

oh my, thanks @lotus for sharing writer Song's insights. I love that this duo director - writer don't pick hallyu star or super famous idol/ baby doll for their work just so they have high rating and gain recognition and reputation for their work. In contrast, they look for the chemistry and the talent in an actor. I guess for Jin Wook, they just don't see his talent but they also have a great time working with him and trusting that he will be able to convey the characters they assign him completely. I mean he's a great pack: mesmerizing voice of a man, bunny teeth of a boy, scruffy look at times and this arrogance sexy crown prince in TTM. That's what I love about him. He can really transform. With the TNGT CF he was cute like a 23-24 something boy. But in the Schweppes CF, he was a successful 30+ business man. In INR, he was a next-door boy that we can see in real life. What other actors that can offer so much? LOVE HIM SO MUCH    :-*
I don't get why she feels sorry about his role in Nine. I was obsessed with Park Seon Woo, like honestly. I love him since Nine so no need to feel bad writer. But an interview somewhere I read he said that Yoon Seuk Hyun is more similar to him in real life and it's hard or even impossible to find someone like Park Seon Woo in real life haha. Anyway I am very happy the writer compliments him so much! I'm so proud oppa ah! :-*
I get YH fans won't hate for me for this. But they cast HY for Park Dalhyang not because of his acting. He has zero martial arts experience. His previous projects with dramas were not a breakthrough. I understand his passion for acting, but being an idol he shouldn't do so many dramas and continue to do so if his projects aren't successful because down the road, his reputation will be hurt. When he joins a drama, people might immediately think oh no. This time is different because he's working with Nine team. I think they cast Yong Hwa however for 2 reasons: 1/ his energy. if you watch him in Running Man you can tell this guy is very youthful, energetic, we can't deny. this perfectly matches the Park Dalhyang character, bright, cheerful and eager. 2/ his fan base. if you look at it, Jin Wook oppa, YDG, Jung Hae In, the two ladies... none of them are super stars. They don't need super stars to make a successful drama, but it doesn't hurt to cast someone like Yong Hwa because his real life character pretty much fits the character anyway, plus his fan base will draw international fans and CN Blue's fans attention. I guess director + writer are very thoughtful and they didn't cast YH for no reason. I mean they're really smart. Even though I don't like YH getting all the attention and screentime, I admit this is a smart move and I can only see success for this whole cast and drama. 

@ cherrylbb - u are absolutely right. There r good reasons for everyone there. It is great opportunity for YH to give it a go here as well. He will impress on the athletic part as he had also been talking about all the action parts. Its also his chance again to prove himself under song n kim!

My transation is not good. For the part on writer being apologetic to oppa, she meant more that she demanded a lot from oppa for the Nine role n i guess from anyone whom she and the PD pick for their character. Personally that is a great thing as that is how actor can improve n show whether he or she is right choice n oppa was perfect for nine n now for this role! For Nne song said that she does not use looks or sexuality to bring out her male characters but script, story n set which means subtleness and depth and make audience love grow from there. I am really amazed by song's approach! That has always been her style! The role not looks but let the character ooze the charm n charisma gradually. No overkill with looks!

Song n kim dont use idols n go for uncovering the hidden latent talents. In the november interview, she said she cant thank oppa enough for being so focussed n portraying sun woo so well. As a writer song said She could not imagine how sunwoo would be without oppa. She appreciated and praised oppa for giving his all n letting all of his emotions n immersed into the role. It was almost like losing himsrlf for the role. Sunwoo needed the depth in sunwoo to bring out the feelings and constant reflection that sunwoo is experiencing for alll the changes n events of his time travels. She said that oppa is one of very actors that have a philosophical basis to how he interpretes his roles. Wow!!! ( i love this trio even more ! Writer song , pd kim n oppa - what a beautiful combination!! They have real good chemistry between them n each does their part n the outcome is really great. So beautiful ...)

She shared that where she wrote the script, ep 8,11, 12 when she was most emotionally involved but when produced ep 7, 13 n 16 were the ones from audience perspective n the climax as we all know is ep 19.

I always find oppa a chamelon as he always gets into his role so well n naturally... Ad u said from a youthful playful roe to a matured manly guy. Actually we dont really c is private n real self as he is very private n protective of his personal life rightly so. But we get glimpse from the interviews n other people views of him. Recall in a special fan meet for nine just before the broadcast of ep 20 of nine,he said he wants the audience n fans to remember his roles but shares the the role he plays n the real him are different. He is really frank and 'deep' in the way he analysizes a lot of things. Even the way he sees and do things. Eg wearing a happy face cardigan after he finished nine for interview with co star, pd and writer.

Guest cherrylbb

Oppa worked so hard on Nine. No wonder why I was so emotionally invested in Nine. It's my no.1 favorite korean drama for real. Melodrama, mystery, romance, fantasy, ... all embed in one drama. Once I'm at ep 5,6 I couldn't stop watching and I really miss Seon Woo when the show was over. Such a masterpiece. 

Guest cherrylbb

Also do you guys know about Instyle? Oppa is in the latest video. If you are on Instagram search for hashtag #이진욱 and there are some different versions of an Instyle video. Oppa's in there. Because of TTM filming his hair is .... compared to others *sigh*

Guest cherrylbb

http://instagram.com/p/ro7O0lA34-/

Here's one of them.

In some other versions he even said My style hahaha. Cute!!! <3

Just read that he is slotted for a movie next! With a time slip angle. I am not sure abt more of him in this sort of moving but supporting him all the way!! However it is hard for me to see k movies... I think it is hard for him to get on the 3 main stations as he is committed yo 3 seasons in tvn. Competition...Any way. ... Good for oppa. No wonder he said he will be very busy within a year since last sep. 3 movies, 1 3 season drama! Wow...

Lee Jin Wook, Im Soo Jung, Jo Jung Suk Confirmed for ‘Time Renegade’

leejinwook_imsoojung_jojungsuk_movie.jpg

Lee Jin Wook has strapped himself into another time travel storyline – this time for the big screen. Lee, Im Soo Jung, and Jo Jung Suk have all confirmed to star in the upcoming film ‘Time Renegade’ and will begin shooting in September of this year.

[more]

Omo. Go check out his tngt latest cf for f/w wear. It is beautiful. Will try to paste the link later....

The instyle hair is weird. Reminds me of yh's hair st the ttm conf. Maybe the hair fashion in seoul now for guys!!

class="tit_article" style="margin: 20px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; font-family: 'Malgun Gothic'; line-height: 1.5em; color: rgb(51, 52, 78); letter-spacing: -1px; clear: both;"'The Three Musketeers' Lee Jin Wook... (LINK)

'The Three Musketeers' Lee Jin Wook "Yang Dong-geun and South-South Chemie, less is actress"
'The Three Musketeers' Lee Jin Wook "Yang Dong-geun and South-South Chemie, less is actress"
CR: As tagged.

'The Three Musketeers' Lee Jin Wook "I did not expect to see so soon 'Nine' team (LINK)

201408121428431491354A_1.jpg
class="entry-title" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 14px 0px 0px; padding: 19px 12px; direction: ltr; font-family: Oswald, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Helvetica, NanumGothic, 나눔고딕, Arial, sans-serif; text-rendering: optimizelegibility; line-height: 28px; letter-spacing: 0.4px;"'The Three Musketeers' press conference (LINK)
CR: GetitK

Love these posters...Awesome!
Embedded image permalink
Embedded image permalink
CR: eNews/tvN

How come he looks so good in all sorts of hair styles. I wanna scream!!!!

I love the black n white tngt half picture of oppa with his head a little bent n his messy hair. Picture towards the end. What a mood shot that talks to me... He is just incredible n natural scruffy or neat... No one does it better esp in land of tv flower boys - clean n neat n proper n cute most of time. No one can carry both extremes so well. Some wd not even dare for fear if damaging image so they are always so standard. I admire oppa courage to do different hence always surprises. And dare say that not 100% turn out well but at least 95%. Thats good enough for me! De!

Guest cherrylbb

love TNGT shoots. but he looks quite tired, maybe cuz of filming, or maybe it's just because of his hair and the tone of the pictures.
looking at these shots, so it's almost autumn, summer was so short, right? oppa is so hard-working and so busy. I'm glad to know that Time Renegade starts filming in September, that means a little while after TTM season 1 ends we will be able to see him in a movie project. No dating time with Miss Gong huh? hahahah. Take care oppa   :x

jadecloud said: class="tit_article" style="margin: 20px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; font-family: 'Malgun Gothic'; line-height: 1.5em; color: rgb(51, 52, 78); letter-spacing: -1px; clear: both;"'The Three Musketeers' Lee Jin Wook... (LINK)

'The Three Musketeers' Lee Jin Wook "I did not expect to see so soon 'Nine' team (LINK)

class="entry-title" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 14px 0px 0px; padding: 19px 12px; direction: ltr; font-family: Oswald, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Helvetica, NanumGothic, 나눔고딕, Arial, sans-serif; text-rendering: optimizelegibility; line-height: 28px; letter-spacing: 0.4px;"'The Three Musketeers' press conference (LINK)

CR: GetitK

The press conference of tvN’s new fusion historical drama ‘Three Musketeers’ was held at Imperial Palace in Gangnam District, Seoul on August 12. Producer Kim Byung-soo, writer Song Jae-jung, Lee jin wook, Jung Yong-hwa, Yang Dong-geun, Jung Hae-in, Seo Hyun-jin, and Yoo In-young participated.

tvN’s Sunday drama ‘Three Musketeers,’ which is based on a French novel written by Alexandre Dumas, is an extreme action drama.

Lee jin wook plays crown prince ‘So Hyun,’ the leader of the Musketeers. Yang Dong-geun plays Heo Seung-po, a warrior who protects the crown prince. Jung Hae-in appears as a handsome warrior who captures heart of women. Jung Yong-hwa plays an energetic warrior ‘Park Dal-hyang.’ ‘Three Musketeers’ will show their remarkable activities in Joseon era.  

Lee jin wook said, “I have been called as ‘public servant’ for tvN because I consecutively appeared in tvN’S dramas.”

Lee jin wook said, “It was first time for me to feel this much comfortable when I shoot drama. It is because staff of this drama is all from my previous drama ‘Nine.’” He also added “The Three musketeers characters are all leading roles in this drama. So, we share our burdens together.” Regarding his first appearance in a historical drama he stated, “It was helpful that I worked with similar age group of people for this drama. It was like we were just hanging out.”    

“There is nothing we can’t do when we are together!”- Three Musketeers Yang Dong-geun, Lee jin wook, Jung Hae-in and Jung Yong-hwa

Yang Dong-geun said, “I have been thinking about a character that I really want to play for a long time. At first, I was very worried if I could appear in a historical drama with my poor pronunciation.” He added, “I am very glad that I appear in this drama. I also like wearing Han-bok(Korean traditional costume.)”

Jung Hae-in who plays ‘Ahn Min-seo’ said, “Lee jin wook and Yang Dong-geun really adore me calling me ‘my Hae-in’” He also added, “I made mistakes the other day, so I somewhat ruined atmosphere. But, Yang Dong-geun encouraged me. I was very grateful for him.

‘Three Musketeers’ will air at 9 p.m. from August 17 on tvN. It has 3 seasons in total.

i e I am wrong as I somehow feel that oppa does not have much luck with awards as he does not appear in the  mainstream TV at all. he has that one newcomer award in 2006 from sbs for alone in love/smile again and then the Mnet one. He certainly showed much talent in the 2 dramas. My first encounter with him was Someday which I was really amazed by his innocence and again being natural.I love that drama though. I was not so into Powerful opponents or air city and even lesser Spy Myoungwol but I think it is in Spy that he started to show more depth in his roles. INR was really good.
The variety of roles he worked on is so diverse and it is wonderful ! Of course my all time fave is Nine ! if TVN is planning their own awards which is high time, i hope oppa's talent will be rewarded well.
He is fortunate to also work with many established actress who can be consideerd his seniors from bae doo na, choi Ji woo to song ye jin, chae rim etc etc.
REcall reading a old article posting which said that when he first started his career and appeared in Smile alone and Alone in love, there were already several producers who saw the potential in him and said that all he needed was a good opportunity and with time, he will do wellt o show his full potential. Guess that time be NIne although it started in INR. writer song and PD must have seen his work esp in INR to take him on thouhg he was not a hallyu star.

Hi @irfa1314 - saw your posting in the TTM thread. think let's keep to this thread for oppa. let's keep cool and enjoy oppa's work in TTM and comment using this thread. we trust oppa will deliver. it is clear who writer song and PD kim is counting on.
anyone knows what the instyle men is about ? a men's fashion programme  or ???

thanks for your attention @lotus i keep posting in this thread but i think i keep some post in TTM thread too,  just share Oppa pic or about the Crown Prince Sohyun History^^ just give some information, hehehe

my english is bad, but I very enjoy read the discussion all of you^^

I say the costume designer did an excellent job in choice of colours for oppa. they all turn out beautiful on him!
So rare to see oppa shirtless haha ! 
Someone commented that he seemed to have put on weight but i think he must have been working out and  building up some packs and his chest !!
I used to him him too skinny and he has a small face but most models are so that they can become clothes rack and clothes will look good on them. Am glad to see a little weight on his face too. Recall him in Nine, by the time it was last 2 episodes, he was down right skinny esp in episode.maybe it is deliberate to make us feel the strain and pain ....
this time as crown prince he seems to be a happy person and even a joker. I guess at least for season 1 ...as promised by writer song, she said she wanted to start with a happy bright note for this drama and make oppa's crown prince personality the opposite of sunwoo. will be keen to see how she develops the character as the seasons goes.