Do you pretend to Text in awkward situations?

Guest RNB__VIIBEZ

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in awkward situations, i don't pretend to text but i actually just start texting/IMing/BBMing ppl.

same here^^

i would start texting my friends.

their reply: ..are u nuts? texting me this random stuff :D

Guest EHNerJI

ALL THE TIME HAHA.

sometimes i really do, but most of the time i'm too lazy to actually start a text haha.

yeah... it really does help to avoid the awkwardness since you look like you're not paying attention -.-

i do it a lot when my friend goes off to hug this guy she likes for like 5 minutes if no one else is around XD

either that, or i start looking for something in my bag as if it's so important at that moment XD

Guest ♥ intoxicating

I don't pretend, I just start texting random friends about totally irrelevant things. :D

But yeah, I do it A LOT when I'm stuck in awkward situations.

Guest xOnlySabrina

ROFLMAO! Yes. I joined that group on FB too! xD

I tend to do that when it's just reeeeeally awkward. It makes me feel sad though. xD

There was this one time that actually got me sad.

My friend told me that she was going out w/ my ex. I knew already but I pretended like it never happened.

She was staring @ me & I was really hurt inside so I grabbed my phone & pretended to text.

I just said, "Yeah. Cool." & stared at my phone pretending to text & tried to hold back the tears.

But I'm totally over him. I even told my friend that & she couldn't help but laugh.

I guess this is a good way to hide the awkwardness? (=

Guest KuYA II

yup, when apparently i'm just pressing a bunch of buttons on my phone.

I'm trying not to do it so much because it reads as of "don't talk to me" look. Well that's what I think. :lol:

No, but I carry around earbuds with me even if I don't have an iPod or whatever. Usually I don't like it when strangers talk to me. =(

Guest daniMIAMI

YES. When I'm alone waiting for my friends at a specific place and a bunch of my classmates walk my way, I pull out my cell phone

Guest spiral_flare

Yes. Sometimes when I wait alone and people pass by...I don't know what to do and standing around doing nothing is kinda weird so I whip out my phone and start pressing random buttons trying to make it look like I'm texting someone.

It works.

Guest LiSAiSViPx3

LOL .

I saw that FB group a few minutes ago ! P:

Ehh , I sometimes do that xD

Only if it's really akward ...

IF it's normally akward I just look around and pretend I don't know anything .

Guest kdclk313

I KNEW IT

i always wondered...are you people always actually texting?!?!

nowadays, 4 out of 5 people walking around campus are staring down at their phones

now i know what they're really doing....

Archived