Kim Hyun Joong 김현중/金賢重/ キム・ヒョンジュン

Guest coreana

Sorry - I did not mean personally - did not want to be invasive at all - Lol - I was thinking more along the lines of KHJ, but I am glad to hear about your eldest...I would think a decent guy for your daughter would be every woman's  fantasy!!!! lol 

Not to worry LOL  I soooo empathize w/KHJ's mom.    

• Like 2

I absolutely adore all our boy's hairstyles during his TFS Asia Tour.

He looked downright beautiful ~ yes, beautiful because to me handsome couldn't quite describe our boy's features-aesthetic-alignment, lol! I'm sure you know what I mean. Sigh, unfortunate that I'm not able to post any pictures from that time.

Another period was during his promotions for his debut album, 'Breakdown'.

Like what @nycgirl said, I too loved all his guesting at the various shows ~ 'Running Man' especially. His clean-cut look was so, faint-worthy. Below's the link that I bookmarked so that I could watch the episodes anytime :

http://kdramaangelz.blogspot.sg/2014/04/running-man-episode-46-eng-sub.html

http://kdramaangelz.blogspot.sg/2014/04/running-man-episode-47-eng-sub.html

Look at that face ~ isn't our boy one of the most good-looking man you've ever seen?

Those glasses just accentuate those drop-dead gorgeous features of his ~ excuse me while I drown in my fan-girling ^_^ 

Hey Shariman - frankly  - In Running Man episode 46 - where he goes into the office....I am not sure  I would be able to work the whole rest of the week with my mind on work!! ha ha lol lol!! 

ep46_zps1sirhwqn.jpg

Also Shariman - WHAT GLASSES?  Did I miss something?  I  didn't see him wearing glasses on either episode????

I also think his hairstyle was most appealing during the Face Tour Asia, and also all the Breakdown promotional period ---!!!

I loved hi in the GURU interview...ohhh my beating heart.......

• Like 4

Dearest France,

I do not know Kang Ho Dong - except that he and KHJ seem to get on very well with each other...Shariman can help here because she knows the variety shows he has been on tooo, and I think Kang Ho Dong and KHJ worked together on many variety shows...

Sigh - here is hoping Kang Ho Dong will be popular enough and hosting a variety show to have KHJ on board again - now that the tide has turned so much - although - the final verdict is still not done - the public understanding and viewpoint is much more sympathetic to KHJ.

Not sure exactly what comes next in the court proceedings....frankly it is a maze to me...and  I am ever so grateful for Sunny who translates the events and for NewYorkCityGirl for posting it here!!

However,  I do fully approve of the media blitz by Lawyer Lee! I also am so everlasting grateful for his parents in holding the interviews, despite their fatigue and tiredness...FIGHTING!!!

Also - there were several sad comments by Mr. Kim - was there any specific comment that you were referring to?

The comment that had been freaking me out mostly, and also a lot us here - was the one where he was sitting in the dark...believe me -  that had me praying BIG time.....sheesh...I pray for him like I pray for my family!! Anyone who remotely understands or have experienced sadness or despair..it tore my heart out...Thank God I say - that Lawyer Lee had his parents going in, hauling him out and bringing him home...

I am thinking that it was KHJ's thinking of retiring from entertainment and concerned that he might lose his fans that you might have been referring to? If there is any test of fan loyalty - heck - here  it is right now and ever since August 2014...and the fans are backing him...we need to continue our support of him, by writing letters, letters to his parents, buying cds, dvds blurays...

wish he would do a cosmetic endorsement so I can go berserk in the store that might sell the stuff he endorses.......

I have to put in my 2 cents here - again - I loved the color of Kaya's nailpolish through most of IG - that kind of maroonish red....for winter anyway,....I also like Ok Ryeon's natural to light see thru pinkish color nail colors too...I just LOVED both of his leading ladies in IG!! Both of them so classy and Kaya is seriously BAD in all the good ways!!! Loved Kaya in a Cheong Sam, and in kimono (although she did walk like a tall model in them) and sad that I didn't get to see her in a handbok....

Sorry, went off on a tangent here - and I still haven't had finished IG yet...

• Like 5

@lkh2  

Those interviews brought so many precious memories of our boy during his solo debut.

I hope & pray after his MS he'd be able to appear in many variety shows showcasing his undeniable wit & charisma again. Of course it wouldn't hurt if the appearances were in Japan TV with him holding a conversation or Q & A in his cute & unique Japanese^_^

Wouldn't that be wonderful?  He is so charming in these variety shows...since my japanese is only on par with my anime days....welll - not sure I have heard him other than during his ss501 days....speaking japanese --oh wait...he does say a few words and when he sings in Japanese- he is adorable that way....

The Japan media adores him - I really do hope he gets to do variety shows there and someone releases fancam or shows and translates them!!

• Like 5

Does anyone know if that address for his parents goes direct TO the parents?  I expect it does but that means card only from me cause MY Korean is so not up to anything much LOL

The Ilsan Chicken address would go to the parents - because this is the one that KHJ gifted his parents with, and from what I can see in the fan accounts, they all go to the ILSAN Jaksal because that is where the Mom usually is.

I have the next couple of days off - so am going to get it together to send a card and will post the envelope here also.  Teleri - I just so admire that you actually handwrite Hangul - I mean - I am like seriously impressed!!

I think it is considered extremely disrespectful to address the parents of someone else with their names,,,so I grew up just saying the kid's name and added "omma" or "ommoni"  for the mum, in fact - I don't recall ever knowing the names of any of my friends' parents -  but I was kid - like 6 years old....but in our case -

I just got a text back from a friend and she said I would write it as 김 현중 부모님.  She said that this is the respectful term, so the address below is the full address in Korean

with the first line saying Kim Hyun Joong parents (nim) (honorific) - and the only part that MUST be in English if sending from the USA is the "South Korea" part.

so here it is:

Korean address for Kim Hyun Joong Parents at Jaksal ILSAN:

김 현중 부모님
작살치킨 (일산)
대한민국 경기도 일산 고양시 장항동 867번지
웨스턴돔 A 113

South Korea 

English address:

Jaksal Chicken (Ilsan)
Western Dome Block A No. 113
867 Janghang-dong Goyang-si, Ilsan, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea

Teleri thank you for your entry...doing the address is half the work!!

Edited by lkh2
Got a text back on how to address Kim Hyun Joong's Parents...
  • Like 3

Thanks!!! BTW,  DF did have one of Billy's Korean lessons on how to write a fan letter LOL  It's for girls a LOT younger than me, but had some cool info.

KHJ is in stratospheric company as far as the list of stars I've ever written anything to - Paul McCartney (when I WAS 12) & Robert Plant (cause obvious reasons LOL )  I wrote the 1st w/a bunch of other middle-schoolers cause we wanted the Beatles to play in Charlotte.  The thing to Robert was a poem, that was part of a fan book to him, maybe 10 years ago.  Oh, & I DID send pics of Zeppelin that I took in 77, to Jimmy, & his manager wrote me BACK thanking me !!!  That was lovely.

But I digress - our boy needs to know his fans support him, & so do his parents.  

Edited by Teleri Nyfain
  • Like 4

Guest shariman66

@Teleri     

Really? You wrote to Paul Mc Cartney?!!

Lol! We have the same favourite member of the Beatles though by the time I took a real interest in them, especially Sir Paul, they had already disbanded for more than 20 years, hee. Aside from our boy, they are the only artistes where I have all their CDs. Their music is truly evergreen. 

Back to our boy, I wish I could write in Hangul & yeah, it's impressive that you're able to even write a little bit.

I've tried, believe me, to handwrite our boy's name in Hangul? Lol, embarrassing the end result. But for our boy's sake, I'll practise until I'm able to make it reasonably understandable to the mail personnel ~ I hope, lol!

@lkh2   

Watch episode 46 when he was first introduced as the guest with that 'Almost Paradise' song blasting away in the background ~ as usual ~

Hmm, let me rewatch & I'll give you the timing, dear.

Alright, starting from 1.45 - 5.45, I think. There's a bit of the teaser a few seconds before the start & you could see him with glasses too. Then from 8.00 onwards when he was already in the bookstore itself disguising as one of the salespersons ~ seriously though if our boy was working there & I happened to be in that bookstore, I'd probably spend the whole time following/stalking him rather than searching for the stuffs I'd want to purchase, lol! Or perhaps keep asking for his help & acting as helpless & clueless as possible ~ sorry, wild fangirling-mode interlude^_^  

Regarding KHD, well, deducing from some comments ~ one such was from Jo Dalhwan, the actor who was in IG, aka Poongcha ~ they did seem to be close & our boy, himself admitted that the reason he took part in BFF was because of him. You know how loyal our boy is to those who matter to him & I guess KHD mattered. Since debut, KHD has always been one of those hosts who seems to have a partiality towards our boy, even singling him out when he was with the other SS501 members. Remember 'Star King'? Well, our boy was the one whom KHD focused on though it did seem that every host on any show they were on preferred focusing on him more than the others. I guess they couldn't help being attracted to his charismatic 'aura', hee.   

You could so tell in BFF that KHD & our boy were close - it was adorable LOL  I especially liked the whole watermelon carrying thing - oh, that episode LOL  
Yep, a little group of us Beatlemaniacs wrote to Paul in 1964, hopeful babies that we were LOL LOL LOL  Speaking of lettters, I've just spent a couple hours putting together THREE sentences in Korean (hangul) for this card to KHJ's parents OMG  Got it done - I included an apology for my very bad Korean LOL

Edited by Teleri Nyfain
  • Like 5

Does anyone know if that address for his parents goes direct TO the parents?  I expect it does but that means card only from me cause MY Korean is so not up to anything much LOL

The Ilsan Chicken address would go to the parents - because this is the one that KHJ gifted his parents with, and from what I can see in the fan accounts, they all go to the ILSAN Jaksal because that is where the Mom usually is.

I have the next couple of days off - so am going to get it together to send a card and will post the envelope here also.  Teleri - I just so admire that you actually handwrite Hangul - I mean - I am like seriously impressed!!

I think it is considered extremely disrespectful to address the parents of someone else with their names,,,so I grew up just saying the kid's name and added "omma" or "ommoni"  for the mum, in fact - I don't recall ever knowing the names of any of my friends' parents -  but I was kid - like 6 years old....but in our case -

I just got a text back from a friend and she said I would write it as 김 현중 부모님.  She said that this is the respectful term, so the address below is the full address in Korean

with the first line saying Kim Hyun Joong parents (nim) (honorific) - and the only part that MUST be in English if sending from the USA is the "South Korea" part.

so here it is:

Korean address for Kim Hyun Joong Parents at Jaksal ILSAN:

김 현중 부모님
작살치킨 (일산)
대한민국 경기도 일산 고양시 장항동 867번지
웨스턴돔 A 113

South Korea 

English address:

Jaksal Chicken (Ilsan)
Western Dome Block A No. 113
867 Janghang-dong Goyang-si, Ilsan, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea

Teleri thank you for your entry...doing the address is half the work!!

Hi lkh2, ye, you're right - usually even a casual friend calls each other's parents "ah-beo-ji" (father) or "uh-muh-ni" (mother) [on first encounter]. You would never use "ajumma" or ajeosshi - hahaha.   Since you are obviously not a native Korean, saying the wrong thing may reflect badly on you or seen as a sign of disrespect. :P

• Like 4

@lkh2 @Teleri Nyfain @shariman66 

I thought about the comment of Mr Kim when HJ said "No fans, no entertainers, should I retire?"

I hope KHD like other friends in entertainment will help him after MS like he helped them (KHD and JYJ were help by HJ when they were in problem).

But now it's the turn of Mr Lee to be our hero and help HJ. Fighting Mr Lee, fighting HJ and fighting Mme & Mr Kim :)

• Like 5

Hi lkh2, ye, you're right - usually even a casual friend calls each other's parents "ah-beo-ji" (father) or "uh-muh-ni" (mother) [on first encounter]. You would never use "ajumma" or ajeosshi - hahaha.   Since you are obviously not a native Korean, saying the wrong thing may reflect badly on you or seen as a sign of disrespect. :P

Hi Willenette - 

Ha ha FUNNEEEEE...Glad I am not FOB any more like I used to be  teased when I first hit the US shores when I was 8 years old....

And actually Koreans and perhaps other asians are actually MORE forgiving for foreigners attempting to speak or write hangul!

Its when you look Korean and can't speak it that can seriously get you into trouble - with them wondering why you don't know the mother language....even I wonder why I didn't care to learn the mother language as a kid, probably because I had private english and math tutors from age 5 on I think.

Edited by lkh2
  • Like 2

You could so tell in BFF that KHD & our boy were close - it was adorable LOL  I especially liked the whole watermelon carrying thing - oh, that episode LOL  
Yep, a little group of us Beatlemaniacs wrote to Paul in 1964, hopeful babies that we were LOL LOL LOL  Speaking of lettters, I've just spent a couple hours putting together THREE sentences in Korean (hangul) for this card to KHJ's parents OMG  Got it done - I included an apology for my very bad Korean LOL

Teleri - that is SOOOO awesome that you actually write in Hangul!

• Like 2

Hi Willenette - 

Ha ha FUNNEEEEE...Glad I am not FOB any more like I used to be  teased when I first hit the US shores when I was 8 years old....

And actually Koreans and perhaps other asians are actually MORE forgiving for foreigners attempting to speak or write hangul!

Its when you look Korean and can't speak it that can seriously get you into trouble - with them wondering why you don't know the mother language....even I wonder why I didn't care to learn the mother language as a kid, probably because I had private english and math tutors from age 5 on I think.

Hi lkh2, because of what you posted above, I wonder & curious, dear - are you Korean? :P

• Like 3

Thanks!!! BTW,  DF did have one of Billy's Korean lessons on how to write a fan letter LOL  It's for girls a LOT younger than me, but had some cool info.

KHJ is in stratospheric company as far as the list of stars I've ever written anything to - Paul McCartney (when I WAS 12) & Robert Plant (cause obvious reasons LOL )  I wrote the 1st w/a bunch of other middle-schoolers cause we wanted the Beatles to play in Charlotte.  The thing to Robert was a poem, that was part of a fan book to him, maybe 10 years ago.  Oh, & I DID send pics of Zeppelin that I took in 77, to Jimmy, & his manager wrote me BACK thanking me !!!  That was lovely.

But I digress - our boy needs to know his fans support him, & so do his parents.  

Wow! I am so glad to hear that Page and his manager actually wrote back to you in person to thank you! Also the fan book is something that shows time invested - Wow you have  great ideas on how to be a fan! ...So glad to hear that despite time passed - you are still a true blue Led Zepp fan!

I think that the vids made in support of KHJ on YouTube are marvelous support for him!!

Also - ANY hints/suggestions on fan writing - for younger girls or Noonas - is always appreciated...I followed some rough guidelines for the KHJ one....and I am thinking also of getting a blank card ...and sending a one word message "FIGHtING!" or something like that to his parents...

• Like 4

@lkh2   

Watch episode 46 when he was first introduced as the guest with that 'Almost Paradise' song blasting away in the background ~ as usual ~

Hmm, let me rewatch & I'll give you the timing, dear.

Alright, starting from 1.45 - 5.45, I think. There's a bit of the teaser a few seconds before the start & you could see him with glasses too. Then from 8.00 onwards when he was already in the bookstore itself disguising as one of the salespersons ~ seriously though if our boy was working there & I happened to be in that bookstore, I'd probably spend the whole time following/stalking him rather than searching for the stuffs I'd want to purchase, lol! Or perhaps keep asking for his help & acting as helpless & clueless as possible ~ sorry, wild fangirling-mode interlude^_^  

@shariman66

Hey Shariman - I saw those pics but didn't mind them - sigh - I tend to not notice him at any time when he is wearing a hat/cap/beret of any kind - no matter how handsome he is - 

I feel it is akin to some sort of crime when he hides his awesome hair - so of course here are some captures from EP 46 without that bulky covering beret...

ep46%20png_zpszh5hd6qk.png

and here is another: ep46%20without%20hat_zpsa4kcrf0v.jpg

Let's see - so if he was in the store and I discovered him, I would tell everyone with me that I need to disappear, and like you  - follow him around - trying to be discrete....ha ha!

• Like 5

Guest shariman66

Gorgeous, ain't he?

Not only do those glasses frame that beautiful face but they emphasise those lashes of his ~ enviously long lashes, sigh ~

Some non-fans kept insisting that he has had a lot of PS done ~ which is all jealousy-based anyway ~ so what I want to know is are they saying that those big eyes & long-lashes have been re-done too? I prefer to believe his admission of only having his nose done because if you look at his younger pictures his good looks have been pretty evident. So to those who prefer to believe otherwise I say ~ poor you, eat your heart out, hee ^_^    

Alright, that makes me feel better! Sorry, dears, just letting off some steam, lol.

By the way, if anyone has our boy's pictures when he was in Manila for TFS Asia Tour, could you please post them here? Seriously I feel that during that time, especially in Manila, his looks were spectacularly jaw-dropping. In fact any pictures during that time would be much appreciated. The one that @lkh2 posted a few pages back was one of them.

My card for KIM HYUN JOONG parents - 

20150617_124548_zpspo0djwdt.jpeg

I am off to the post office to get this mailed now!

The postage may be a little different depending on where you are mailing it from.....

• Like 7