2NE1 is having their fist solo concert!

How many rookies do you see with their own solo concert already?? 8D
2NE1's FIRST SOLO CONCERT "FIRE!"

2sanvk0.jpg

End of year concert hall coronations and discussion of details... new album releases next month

Girl group 2NE1(picture) will hold a large-scale concert at the end of the year.

The 2NE1 concert is very significant in various ways. The only female groups that have held their own concerts is Finkl(1998,1999) and S.E.S(2000), Wonder Girls(2008), only these three groups. And for a new group whose debut hasn’t even passed a year to hold a solo concert at such a huge performance hall is impossible without a number of hit songs and a huge popularity.

There have been a lot of female idol groups out, and especially this year it has expanded so much to the point where it was called a ‘fountain of girl groups.’ But the reason they were not able to hold concerts is because compared to the male groups, there wasn’t as much enthusiastic participation from fans. So, for concert management companies, it wasn’t easy to invest in female group concerts.

But 2NE1 has had an uncommonly great deal of attention since before their debut, and this put them at a different position from all the other girl groups. Even before 2NE1’s debut, they had gone up the music charts with the LG Cyon commercial theme song ‘Lollipop’ in March. In May, they debuted with ‘Fire’ and gained so much popularity that they won first place in a mainstream music program in just one month.

In July, after the release of their mini-album, ‘I Don’t Care,’ as well as ‘In the Club’ ‘Let’s Go Party’ ‘Pretty Boy’ etc. has gained equal popularity and went up in high ranks in the music charts. They not only just catch the eye of the viewer with their dance or fashion, or feminine charm, but they also win with their music and made huge progression.

After they ended their mini-album activities in mid-September, 2NE1 is planning on releasing another album around November, so they will probably have enough hit songs to fill up the 2 hour performance of the concert. YG Entertainment says, “ 2NE1 has showed a will for a concert since their debut, and since their first mini-album has had an amount of success, reason to agree for a concert was sufficient.”

SOURCE: 김원겸 기자 gyummy@donga.com

Translated by: orangie @ ygsecret21.com

Edited by: Serpantine@ ygsecret21.com

c/o: letsplay2ne1.wordpress.com + ygsecret21.com

DO NOT REMOVE CREDIT LINE<3

I can't wait! I believe Big Bang's first concert was at the end of the year too. YG sure likes doing end of the year concerts :P (referring to all the end of the year concerts YG has had these past few years x) )

To fulfill the picture requirement, here are some recent ME2DAY updates!

Click here for full 091006 ME2DAY translations

ME2DAY Updates 091006

Dara: 얘는 내가 엄청 이뻐하는 또치!~!^.^ 울 채뤼니의 아가다~! 아직 아기라 잠만잔다…쿨쿨쿨…코오~ 쉿! 자니까 조용히해주세용^.^

21dara125475793126178l.jpg

osvec9.jpg

Dara: 이제 곧 출발~!!!중국으로 아 고고고~! 이번엔 청도고고싱! 로밍되겟죠?^.^ 이따 연락할게욧~! 즐거운비행되세요..싼토끼..good luck!!!

fpceag.jpg

Dara: 우리 청도 도착!!근데 우리는 중국에선 안먹히나봐요 하하하..^^;;;쩝.. 뽀미언니만남자분들이 달라붙고 우리는 무관심ㅠㅠ아 이런.. hot 한 싼다라인줄알앗는데 막이래ㅋㅋㅋ난 랙잭들이보고싶다! 랙잭을데려와라!!!ㅠㅠ

21dara125479567348055l.jpg

Dara: 요즘 큰귀걸이에 꼿혀있는 씨에루!귀 찢어지겟다!!!조심해라ㅠㅠ 귀찢어지면 내맘도찢어진다! 막이래ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

21dara125479663314671l.jpg

Dara: 안녕 나 씨에루야'네여자의 추억만들기'컴인컴인~

21dara125482567729306l.jpg

Dara: 끝났다+_+

Finished+_+

21dara125483905441984lf.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest darkaz619

concert all ready wow only three girl group Finkl,S.E.S,Wonder Girls so far did SNSD have concert before?

2NE1 must be really popular to have their own concert.

Guest i_4got

It's nice to see that YG has so much confidence in his girl group, but... do they even have enough songs to fill up a concert schedule?

Guest cantthinkofaname

interesting...but wasn't afterschool and bb supposed to be in it too?

or is that another mini concert?

anyways, that's pretty quick for a rookie group

Guest hyuksu

concert all ready wow only three girl group Finkl,S.E.S,Wonder Girls so far did SNSD have concert before?

SNSD never held a concert before, but they could if they wanted to since supposedly they have the most fans out of all the girl groups.

I remember reading somewhere that usually SM artists have a concert after the release of their 2nd album, but we'll see when SNSD releases their 2nd album at the end of the year. I think Super Junior's first concert tour was early last year.

Anyways, congratulations to 2NE1! :D The girls will definitely shine on stage.

Guest fallen*angel

2NE1 must be really popular to have their own concert.

I think snsd will have one at the end of the year

because for sm artists I think you have to have 2 albums out and then you can have a concert

Guest she-smiles

End of year concert hall coronations and discussion of details... new album releases next month

Next month..... as if in, November? Or is this old news (pertaining to their mini album)?

Anyway, if there's no new album or song releases soon, then it sounds like it'll just be a mini concert.

I'd like to attend.... but I'm a couple thousand miles away.

Guest dankyung

for those who don't think there will be enough songs, won't they just do their full minialbum and a bunch of covers and have YG family artists as guests to fill extra time? you know they can have like a dance segment, videos of interviews, all that good stuff. i think it'll be manageable... i think LOL

Guest XxSwt Lilo LuverxX

i think theres a big difference with a mini-concert than to a full scale concert but if it is an actual big concert then WOW =]

the only thing im worried about is their song line-up but i guess with their album? in november? i dont know, it'll be okay

i like these girls & is it just me or is bom always the one with makeup out of the girls .. xD

Guest My Sweet September

I think it would be a little weird to have a full scale concert, right now, cause even with another album, that's still not many songs...I mean doing covers is fun but when you go to a concert you're usually there to hear your artist sing the songs you know and love...right?

I think waiting just a bit longer, until they have released more songs, would lead to a better first concert experience for the fans...

But heh, as long as the fans have fun and enjoy their time it's all good, right?

Congrats to 2ne1! It's really hard to believe they are rookies =D

Guest shinhdeplol

That was fast. Yg surely loves letting his successful rookies have their own concerts. Bb had the real concert 3 months after debut too

Guest haemin13

Wow! congratulations to 2ne1!! YG is confident that the girls are ripe enough to do a solo concert...that's great!

but i agree, they still dont have enough own songs to stretch to a full-scale concert. maybe they'll do the different versions of i dont care too :)

It's nice to see that YG has so much confidence in his girl group, but... do they even have enough songs to fill up a concert schedule?

If you read the article, it says the girls will be releasing another album NEXT MONTH ;) It doesn't say in this article, but way back when they released their MINI-ALBUM , YG stated that they were gonna release a FULL album. So I think that should be enough songs.. and they probably have other things up their sleeves like covers and stuff (as mentioned above) :D

Guest Kiss Me

I'm pretty sure they can have a pretty lengthy concert. Even though they don't have enough songs, I'm YG would make them each showcase their own talents and what not. Or they'll probably do another BB remake or something. (Ooh and can't forget special guests... if they even have one) Cant wait for this concert.

Guest zahieyjunki

next album will be full album so note that~

Glad they will have their own concertand so BB too they also have their 1st concert at the end of their 1st year of debut..

soshi will have their 1st concert at the end of the year too.. sorry off topic!

Guest ningmeng

so they are going to perform

1. Fire

2. Fire remix

3. Idc

4. Idc remix 1

5. Idc remix 2

6. Idc reggae remix

7. Pretty boy

8. In the club

9. Let’s go party

And maybe let’s say 8 songs from the new album?

Lol. I do think they can fill up a 2 hr concert.

There will def be solo stages. Plus maybe big bang?

and CL is so pretty! I really do think that CL is prettier than bom and dara!

Archived