On 10/24/2017 at 10:01 AM, yanki said:

So it may have been many years since the miscarriage but still painful for her. Her husband seemed to have completely moved on from it. So sad that with a house as big as theirs, he choose that room for his son to use.

seeing that scene, I thought.. it was really very insensitive of the husband to do that. 

On 10/23/2017 at 10:26 PM, etlc said:

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Oct. 16-22, 2017 » Dramabeans Korean drama recaps

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/10/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-oct-16-22-2017/

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Oct. 16-22, 2017 » Dramabeans Korean drama recaps

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/10/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-oct-16-22-2017/

Is 5.1 and 5.2 considered high since  tvN is not a big network like MBC, SBS or KBS?

On 10/25/2017 at 6:03 PM, vaiduakhu said:

Actor Kim Sa Kwon as a charm carpenter, the warm-hearted character who slowly shares his heart with Kim Jung Hye (chaebol daughter). 

http://stoo.asiae.co.kr/news/naver_view.htm?idxno=2017083109280429945

It's him, right? 

So, as we all think he has love-line with DH, but probably after he meets JH, the scenario changes?

He surely meets JH later because of the avenger club.

Perhaps he will be the 2nd husband of JH after she divorces her insensitive hubby? She has been suffering since she came to the big house, she deserves some real happiness. If I were the director and producer of this drama that's what I would do. 

I finished all 4 episodes, today is holiday here so I had the time. I agree to what Vaiduahku was saying about this drama. I am enjoying it so far. I thought LYW never fails to choose a great drama or movie to do. Always, it's something different.

Thanks for the links Vaiduakhu and QSD.  I think I prefer the dramago, it's easier for me, besides I don't have time to download and wait for it to finish, and most of all I have forgotten how to put the subtitles and the video together-_-

Looking forward to watching episode 5 and 6. And, BTW, thanks to our subbers. I really appreciate everything. 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, nikachan2008 said:

Okay, so 5+ is already good rating.. 

Yes, for cable channel, rating 5+ is like 10+ compared to national channel like KBS, MBC, SBS, because it's paid channel. Not the whole population can watch it :) 

For a reference, below is ratings of other programs/shows on paid channels:

22730065_1160858577347073_43512688260288

FB

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, nikachan2008 said:

Okay, so 5+ is already good rating.. 

Yes, because tvn is a cable channel and people have to pay to watch it, unlike sbs, mbc and kbs which are broadcast channels.  Also, the ratings were much better than its predecessor criminal minds (korean) so that's saying something about the show and the 3 draw of the 3 leads. 

5 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

How many food-truck/coffee-truck Chinese fan sent to the Avenger filming site so far, May?

I lost count... but there were so many already. 

LYW - VNfanpage (Sr 조연‏ @Alien_Joeyeon)

They sent her the same toy of HJ in the drama? haha, LYW can bring it home for her kids. :grimace:

This food truck was sent by mysterious people, probably only one person named wonder 0409.

I also lost count,  but before the drama finish there will gonna be 1 more time I think.

Yes the toy is same as in drama, fans are eager to get everything that appeared in drama except the clothes, expensive price might be one of the reason, another one is they feel only Yowon looks perfect in these long legged clothing 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, nikachan2008 said:

seeing that scene, I thought.. it was really very insensitive of the husband to do that. 

Right, I doubt they only have 3 rooms in that house but he still choose that one and just let those things that she kept for years (probably) and left it like garbage, although it may have helped her a bit to move on after throwing those things away no matter how painful it is but still, honestly,  at first I thought that there is probably some kindness in her husband and he must've just been misunderstood, he probably care for her but lately I am getting more and more disappointed in him so I really wish that JH will leave him and not give that second chance to live happily ever after.

Even IF he really do care for her, it will still not change the fact that she was lonely and got hurt by staying with him. And he failed as a husband.

On 04/11/2017 at 6:01 AM, yanki said:

Right, I doubt they only have 3 rooms in that house but he still choose that one and just let those things that she kept for years (probably) and left it like garbage, although it may have helped her a bit to move on after throwing those things away no matter how painful it is but still, honestly,  at first I thought that there is probably some kindness in her husband and he must've just been misunderstood, he probably care for her but lately I am getting more and more disappointed in him so I really wish that JH will leave him and not give that second chance to live happily ever after.

Even IF he really do care for her, it will still not change the fact that she was lonely and got hurt by staying with him. And he failed as a husband.

Besides the husband's insensitivity, I think there are another reasons:

- Sure, the house must have more than 3 bedrooms, but it is designed in which: which rooms for the couples, which room for kids and which rooms for guests. They can't simply clear and clean any unused room, and say "here is your room". Asian, especially the rich, is serious about the science of winds and waters in their houses, because they think it affects the household's health and wealth. 

- The husband wanted HJ to treat his own son like their son, and hoped SG can replace the lost child in HJ's heart (to benefit his inheritance status later), so he assigned the room, which was reserved for their kid, for SG. 

The true color of HJ's husband was revealed more in ep7. Before that, I though he was a foolish, ambitious and incompetent opportunist, but he's more than that. He behaves like a gentleman all the time, but I feel he can be violent like MS's husband if his benefit is threaten. For this, I think HJ will be free from the loveless marriage with him in the end. Even her father-in-law is sympathetic with her for the forced marriage to connect 2 families. He knows his son's character and he maybe conscientious enough to free her. It has been 10 years already, if the marriage can be fixed, they already fix it. 

• Like 1

In Ep 8, did they imply MS's son died from accident?  It's because her husband forced him to study abroad so on the way to an airport the son died from a car crash or plane crash?

BTW, the chicken feet scene in Ep 7 is so funny.  Despite her eye was tearing from spicy taste, JH still grabbing the last piece before her unnies.

• Like 2

12 episodes is waaaaay too short for this show. I can already tell, I'm gonna have serious withdrawals when it's over. Even just the cliffhangers are driving me nuts! Like the end of ep 6: OMG gonna be a long week!

I love the way she's playing this character - so cute! I particularly like how she's completely fascinated by how "poor folks" live, but she's never snooty or judgmental - just very curious. hahaha I can't decide if she's playing it like a little kid or an alien from outer space. :lol: And I can tell she's having a lot of fun with the drunk scenes. The credit card swipes on that poor kid's head - priceless! Big departure from the stone-cold business women or zombiefied sad girls that she's played in the past.

Thanks everyone, for sharing all the interviews and inside info, and for letting me know that her watch costs the same as my bills for a month. :tongue: You guys are awesome - I'm really enjoying it here.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, QSD said:

In Ep 8, did they imply MS's son died from accident?  It's because her husband forced him to study abroad so on the way to an airport the son died from a car crash or plane crash?

BTW, the chicken feet scene in Ep 7 is so funny.  Despite her eye was tearing from spicy taste, JH still grabbing the last piece before her unnies.

Ep8 you mean? I haven't watched the whole ep8 yet, only watched the beginning part and rewound some scenes after that, but already feel it's a sad episode to watch. 3 Ajummas are in crisis. :( HJ being alone at the sauna in the end of ep8 breaks my heart more...

All 3 men can officially go to hell after ep8... no sympathy for them anymore, especially Hong Sang Man! :confounded: 

Edit:

I remember somewhere in previous eps, MS said her son took his life... so I assumed he committed a suicide. Let's hope that's not the truth, because it's too cruel for her. In ep1, MS and her husband still lied to public about that their son is studying abroad. Why though? That makes me think there is sth behind the son's death. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cindycated said:

12 episodes is waaaaay too short for this show. I can already tell, I'm gonna have serious withdrawals when it's over. Even just the cliffhangers are driving me nuts! Like the end of ep 6: OMG gonna be a long week!

I love the way she's playing this character - so cute! I particularly like how she's completely fascinated by how "poor folks" live, but she's never snooty or judgmental - just very curious. hahaha I can't decide if she's playing it like a little kid or an alien from outer space. :lol: And I can tell she's having a lot of fun with the drunk scenes. The credit card swipes on that poor kid's head - priceless! Big departure from the stone-cold business women or zombiefied sad girls that she's played in the past.

Thanks everyone, for sharing all the interviews and inside info, and for letting me know that her watch costs the same as my bills for a month. :tongue: You guys are awesome - I'm really enjoying it here.

Oh, hello and welcome! 

I also think 12 eps are so short. 4 eps left, and how they can wrap up the stories of 3 ajummas, give them the endings they deserve, and teach bad guys the life lessons. Hope with good ratings, TvN considers to extend at least 2 episodes more. 

I really feel you on your last sentence! :lol: a piece of her outfit may cost my whole wardrobe. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

37 minutes ago, vaiduakhu said:

Ep8 you mean? I haven't watched the whole ep8 yet, only watched the beginning part and rewound some scenes after that, but already feel it's a sad episode to watch. 3 Ajummas are in crisis. :( HJ being alone at the sauna in the end of ep8 breaks my heart more...

All 3 men can officially go to hell after ep8... no sympathy for them anymore, especially Hong Sang Man! :confounded: 

Edit:

I remember somewhere in previous eps, MS said her son took his life... so I assumed he committed a suicide. Let's hope that's not the truth, because it's too cruel for her. In ep1, MS and her husband still lied to public about that their son is studying abroad. Why though? That makes me think there is sth behind the son's death. 

Oh yeah Ep 8.

I don't remember she said that but seems like everyone was assuming he took his own life in Ep 6? thus I thought it was the case.  However, in Ep 8 I think otherwise for unknown reason.  Maybe someone said his death was an accident in the webtoon so that's why I think it is as well.

Oh, so you think there is something fishy about the son's death so that's why they both hiding the truth that their son is gone, interesting.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, QSD said:

Oh yeah Ep 8.

I don't remember she said that but seems like everyone was assuming he took his own life in Ep 6? thus I thought it was the case.  However, in Ep 8 I think otherwise for unknown reason.  Maybe someone said his death was an accident in the webtoon so that's why I think it is as well.

Oh, so you think there is something fishy about the son's death so that's why they both hiding the truth that their son is gone, interesting.

Yes, I think there is sth behind the son's death, which MS's husband decides to hide it. At first, I think he wanna hide it to protect his mom from a shock, but the fact he bluntly said abt his son's death at the hospital made me think otherwise, it's to protect his professor image.

In ep7, SY hinted that "Oppa didn't wanna go...", so maybe the son didn't wanna go to study abroad but the husband forced him to go, and sth unfortunate happened to him. 

• Like 1