Taeyeon (snsd) Failure At Seoul Drama Awards 2009

Guest spuddevaughn

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JaeHoLove

I watched it few days ago..

I think their voices don't match at all..

Both are high pitched singer...

I think it would be better if Jessica or Tiffany duet with him, because they have huskier voice..

Tae Yeon's voice are meant to be sung alone...

I think that Park Hyo Shin is just too good for any male/female voices! This man has really great vocals skills and i think that maybe the only partner for him to sing this song is Mika Nakashima. Taeyeon is not a bad singer, it's just that the song didin't suit her voice and her parter's voice was so gourgeous and particular. The people who matched them were just crazy in my opinion X(

Guest renjitehsmex

i kinda liked her solo although she couldn't catch up at some parts and it went off a little. the duet was okay i guess besides she forgot that part.

but who are you to say that it's a failure?

can you sing better?

p/s i'm not a snsd fan.

Guest sunnyskys*

Taeyeon is generally a good singer but only with songs that are more pop-ish.

You've got to have a super strong voice to pull off the most challenging ballads.

Good try but I like the original one by Nakashima Mika the best.

Park Hyo Shin's is good too but it's "feel" is different since it's made for a drama setting.

she started her notes way too high in the beg. and then ended up singing in a lower pitch trying to harmonize w/him which didn't seem to work out that well...haha. it's okay people make mistakes and learn from them. she did well on her other song she performed (;

I could tell she was really nervous... Even in her 들리나요 performance she had a 삑사리.

But you guys do realize that this song isn't originally written as a duet. It's a cover of Mika Nakashima's Yuki no Hana (original here: Yuki no Hana). Park Hyo Shin's version is in a guy's key and for Taeyeon to sing it she has to sing crazy high (or crazy low). I think it would have been hard for any female singer out there to sing this song. I'm sure if she sang the girl version it would sound much better.

She had a bad night and it was a bad song choice by the producers. It's funny how Korean networks are so apt to make everyone sing duets (even when the song isn't a duet). They should really think more about song choice and different voice styles.

The song is in a key meant for male singers.

If it were Mika Nakashima's version, it would be too high/too low for PHS, but fine for most female singers.

That's why TaeYeon sounded strained in the beginning - those notes happened to be the point between her chest and head voice, and instead of sticking to one, she tried to blend them together, causing it to sound strained.

She can't sing an octave lower, either - in a male/female duet, generally, it doesn't sound good if both singers sing high or both low. On top of that, it'd be too low for her, I think.

The harmonies were the biggest failure IMO. Harmonies are meant to enhance the melody, but TaeYeon's harmonising was much too loud. Snow Flower isn't a power ballad; she should've sung the harmony in a softer voice.

Notice how the song improved considerably near the end when PHS took over the harmonies. He sung them in a soft voice, so it didn't overpower the main melody.

/endmusicrant

Both are good singers - the solos were great, but the duet... wasn't very good. The match wasn't well made, either. I think, given more time to prepare, they would've done a lot better.

I could tell she was really nervous... Even in her 들리나요 performance she had a 삑사리.

But you guys do realize that this song isn't originally written as a duet. It's a cover of Mika Nakashima's Yuki no Hana (original here: Yuki no Hana). Park Hyo Shin's version is in a guy's key and for Taeyeon to sing it she has to sing crazy high (or crazy low). I think it would have been hard for any female singer out there to sing this song. I'm sure if she sang the girl version it would sound much better.

She had a bad night and it was a bad song choice by the producers. It's funny how Korean networks are so apt to make everyone sing duets (even when the song isn't a duet). They should really think more about song choice and different voice styles.

The song is in a key meant for male singers.

If it were Mika Nakashima's version, it would be too high/too low for PHS, but fine for most female singers.

That's why TaeYeon sounded strained in the beginning - those notes happened to be the point between her chest and head voice, and instead of sticking to one, she tried to blend them together, causing it to sound strained.

She can't sing an octave lower, either - in a male/female duet, generally, it doesn't sound good if both singers sing high or both low. On top of that, it'd be too low for her, I think.

The harmonies were the biggest failure, I think. Harmonies are meant to enhance the melody, but TaeYeon's harmonising was much too loud. Snow Flower isn't a power ballad; she should've sung the harmony in a softer voice.

Notice how the song improved considerably near the end when PHS took over the harmonies. He sung them in a soft voice, so it didn't overpower the main melody.

/endmusicrant

Both are good singers - the solos were great, but the duet... wasn't very good. The match wasn't well made, either. I think, given more time to prepare, they would've done a lot better.

This

thanks for explaining ^^

Guest jserenity

aww to call her a failure is really harsh. it wasnt a failure,

it was definitely something new and different though. def.

not her best though. the beginning was way too high -

and their voices dont match. PHS has a very unique voice too

Guest PhuongNguyen

I wonder if those who said that Taeyeon's voice isn't strong or that she isn't a good singer ever listened to her singing songs that aren't from SNSD? Go listen to her "Byul 200 pounds beauty" and her "Because you love me" and perhaps you'll see her in a new light. Taeyeon does have a strong voice, sadly, SNSD don't have songs that show off her vocal ability.

Anyways, my reaction when I first heard this duet was "Wow, Taeyeon didn't do very well". She was flat in the beginning and her voice was overall pitchy. Even her "Can you hear me" performance on that day was extremely lackluster. Her voice sounded very strained and she didn't really look like she was trying either. I don't know, the performance did disappoint me but hopefully, it's just one of those days where her singing isn't up to par. = /

Guest jae90ful

to me...i think park hyo shin tuned kinda low and husky so its not matched with clear voice taeyeonie

i think she has dona a gret jobb though

word FAILURE is kinda harsh

she has did a great prfmnce...i think tae yeon is sch nervous prfming infront alot of entertainer and international actor/actress as well

FIGHTING TAEYEON....UR VOICE IS LOVELY

Guest elley_max

well i've never been a fan of tae yeon's voice, but even i admit she's a great singer (normally)

the solo parts were okay, but yeah, the harmonizing was pretty horrible, that's so unlike TY, i've heard her harmonizing very good in other performances

Guest inamorata.<3

Although it wasn't that great, I wouldn't call this a failure. The keys for the song was meant for males, not females. Like someone had said, if it was in the original key (Mike Nakashima's version), I think Taeyeon would've done fine, but they lowered the pitch for PHS and it's hard for a female singer to lower her's as well. They should've either chose someone in her range, or someone in PHS's range. His voice is wayyy to low for her voice to blend in.

Archived