Guest spuddevaughn

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MINSTARR

was it just me or were her eyelids really...really shiney? xD

but on a more serious note; compared to the way she usually sings

her solo & duet were definately not one of her best works.

oh well; i guess everyone has one of those dayss

Guest AznSinger336

nahhh it wasn't a total failure. their individual performances were great but the only thing wrong with the them were their harmonization. they didn't blend well. taeyeon was completely under the pitch tho.

Guest ningmeng

wow. i usually won't post on topics like this esp when it involves snsd because i may get too defensive.

but this time, failure? lololol.

there are snsd fans who thought that this performance was one of her worst, and some felt that it was okay, average. but calling it a failure?

my definition of failure: not being able to carry a note whenever she's singing.

to judge her from just 1 - 2 songs on a day and calling her a failure is like people calling you a loser because you failed your chem paper (which you usually pass).

Individually, they are both great singers in their own right. I mean, one can argue that their voices do not match well - but that can be saved with good harmony. But during the harmonization, Taeyeon (whom I love to bits) went off-key...so yeah, not her best duet.

-ida

Guest bluelily

Park Hyo Shin voice is mind blowing, Back to the topic, Taeyeon seems to be trying to control her vocals. She did ok, plus if the topic starter has a opinion let them. People have a right to it. Don't get all upset at one person. If you are a Taeyeon fan and believe in her, keep doing so. That is all the matters.

Taeyeon is not a failure - her performance was though. I thought she butchered it when she could do so much better. I love her voice but she hurt my ears. Not her best day.

Guest splendidlure

I don't think it depends on whether you're a girl or not. It depends rather on your vocal range. Plus, your argument might be better if she was struggling on her low notes rather than her high notes since girls tend to have higher pitched voices than men.

Her vocal range doesn't match this song. I never got the hype over Taeyeon's vocal skills. She can sing, but from the performances I've seen, it's nothing too amazing. Plus, she lacks emotion in this song, imo.

Your title seriously yells out "I don't like TaeYeon", contrary to what you said.

I mean, "fails miserably"?

Is it really that big of a failure that you just had to describe it as something so ugly and miserable.

Oh, well, we all have different opinions, but sadly, people like to exaggerate and even contradict themselves which I find to be quite amusing.

I'm a fan of many artists my self, and when I say that I "Like" someone, I don't go around screaming "Failure" when they make mistakes. I do that to artists I DO NOT like. I'm being completely honest here. I know when someone uses the word "LIKE" genuinely because I've been there myself and have used the word so many times to defend my opinion.

Soompi taught me a lot of things, and one of them is how to analyze people, what they say and what they actually imply(I don't think these 2 words go together...lol).

Guest orange08

It's kind of harsh to call her a failure. The performance sucked though.

To her credit, it's hard to sing with Park Hyo Shin because he's so good that he'll make anyone singing with him, especially an inexperienced singer, sound inferior. Hyo Shin has a lot of really nice duets with more experienced and better singers though. And I think Taeyeon sings well, although like another reader here, I don't think she's as omg astounding as so many people make her out to be.

But yeah, she was way off in the duet especially and even in her own song.

Guest trashstar

she's okay with solos but she definitely needs to practice harmonizing for duets

she started off too high also and went much lower in the end

Guest Peppermint`Seed

It's just that Taeyeon and Park Hyoshin's voice don't harmonize very well together,

no need to go as far as to call it a complete failure.

Guest fallen*angel

harsh to call it failure, she's up there singing, while you are watching behind a computer

hahaha.

op you are harsh~! <___<

not cool man, Taeyeon was not a failure, it was just not her day.

she is an amazing singer in general.

Guest _escape.reality*

i wouldnt call this failure . x_x

singers have their bad days as well ,

and actually , i still found this performance good .

its not her best , but its still good . ! plus, PHS's voice

is way lower than hers which makes it hard for her to sing .

Archived