Taeyeon (snsd) Failure At Seoul Drama Awards 2009

Guest spuddevaughn

uh...

i kinda have to agree :D

her duet was pretty bad (to my ears)

her harmonization was just.. o.O and she was pretty off tune for most of the time during the duet.

i think they should've chosen someone else with a more deep/soulful voice; tae has a more sweet voice...

in any case, i preferred her solo~

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sweetflower

I like Park Hyo Shin's voice, especially during the first song. As for TaeYeon - seems like she didn't hit the right notes, maybe she was singing a note or two higher than what it was supposed to be.

Whoever thought of this collaboration is a failure. Their voices don't go together - PHS's voice is more of a R&B, whereas TY is more pop plus she's still an inexperienced singer.

It's true that everyone has a bad day - but from what I saw so far of TY, her voice is not that strong vocally.

What's with her voice? Even when she sang "Can You Hear me?",

it sounded a little strange, like she couldn't reach her own notes.

Don't get me wrong she's a great singer and all, but what's up with

the harmonization? Even if their voices don't compliment each they

should still be able to at least somewhat good. :/

Okay, honestly I hate it when people say that __________(interest singers name) can't sing well that day was because he/she was sick. Really?! I honestly find that excuse to be a little old and over used. Just about how many times a year can one person get sick?! When your sick you can still hit those notes but with just a stuffy sound added. And truthfully if your that sick all year round, go get some like vitamins, shots or something.

harsh to call it failure, she's up there singing, while you are watching behind a computer

I hate that argument. It's not even an argument actually. So what if this person is watching behind a computer? Everyone is allowed to comment, on public figures especially. It's not like you have to be a singer to be allowed to say someone sucked at singing a song.

But tbh, I thought it would be even worse than it was.

I just think that she was singing a bit to loud then she tried to sing lower while he tried to sing higher, so it just sounded awful and didn`t mesh very well. It was a bad combination for a duet at the very least, because he has a much lower voice and she has a very high voice, and it sounded like she was trying to hit higher notes but couldn`t do it at all when she was singing her own song.

Guest colloquy

She's definitely straining her voice. I guess she tried her best... but, honestly, a pretty rocky performance. Their voices don't come together that well either, those his performance was definitely better, although not perfect.

Guest 0oyokisuo0

the whole video went from A to B to C......i guess its just not their day. PHS's voice is still love though.

snow flower's key is really high (at least the original version) so its weird when an alto sings it.

Guest ii_christie

Although, it may not have been Tae Yeon's best performance, it's not a failure and she's still a great singer. Her solo was pretty good in my opinion. But I have to agree, the duet with Hyo Shin wasn't the greatest; their voices are just really different tones.

Guest Chocopie.

Well its true that their voices didn't go together and this wasn't Taeyeon's best performance, but was there really a need for a thread like this? All singers have their bad days, and she tried her best even if their harmony didn't match.

I think Park Hyo Shin's mic was too low for this duet (especially at the beginning) & Taeyeon's was a tad bit louder. Also, I noticed Park Hyo Shin made that motion where he touched his ear/earpiece. For stage performers, it can be a signal to sound engineers/PDs that the performer cant hear himself or other singers very well. Maybe it was this reason that they couldnt hear each other properly through their earpiece/sound system so they couldnt harmonize well. But I dont think it was disastrously bad or 'fail'. Atleast their solos were great :)

taeyeon's generally a good singer... but the stage with park hyoshin was EXTREMELY mediocre. her first performance was better though.

but park hyoshin is mad sexy. rawr.

Guest xxiaoMEI

It certainly wasnt as great as her other solo performances, but I wouldnt call it a failure...

It just sounded off cause she was singing so high-pitched while he was singing the opposite, so low and deep..

and you cant expect every singer to sing perfectly for all of their performances.

taeyeon is still an amazing singer :)

i think taeyeon's voice was a bit too high and pitchyy & the harmony didn't work~

it was probably an off day for her...i wouldn't call it a failure o__O

Guest LemonMud

haha

i would say its harsh to call it a failure...

but i do agree, the collab was really bad

the individual performances; however, were nice

as for the "youre behind the computer instead of singing" idea...

... really? you want us ALL to be singers? just so we cant critique each other?

no.

other than the harmony, i think that their voices are just not good together. they are both very powerful singers by themselves, but if they were to do a duet, each would have to have a slightly weaker singer to complement their voices.

Archived