Taeyeon (snsd) Failure At Seoul Drama Awards 2009

Guest spuddevaughn

Guest damifino

Does that matter if most people here have heard her before? I specifically stated I was going after the people who haven't. Stop trying to argue with a broad expansion when I make a specific point.

So now you are an expert in message board responses in addition to music? Are you telling me the "proper response" to respond to your posts? :lol:

Did I say that? No, you're completely twisting my words around. I specifically stated that in order to give a proper response to the performance, you need to know what was going on behind the scenes. And it appears not many people here did that, because it appears pretty much none of them checked the fancams where she sounds much better, meaning it was a problem on the broadcasting end.

You keep saying "proper response." Who died and made you the sole judge of determining what is or isn't a "proper response"? Besides, what's the point of even looking at the "behind the scenes" fancam since according to you, only trained singers can give a "proper response" to Taeyeon's singing ability? <_<

And once again, I reiterate, stop twisting my words around. Did I say that it was a good performance? Did I say they should change their opinion? No, I said they should at least be sympathetic if something actually happened. And something did happen, because there was a broadcasting problem. And once again, you can not compare two completely different procedures, it does not work that way. It does not make sense when you compare surgery and singing.

Look above... saying fans should check "the fancams where she sounds much better," "it was a problem on the broadcasting end"? Yeah, and it had NOTHING whatsoever to do with Taeyeon's singing. Right.

Great, learn how to use it correctly. Most people don't post analogies to a response to why something was a bad example. They post it to the original point. Since I don't believe I've said that people with different hearing likes/dislikes will like/dislike this performance any more.

I think you should stick to your so-called expertise in music <_< since critiquing writing technique is not your strongsuit.

Yes, because I completely haven't stated that the performance was off a few times in my posts.

And yet making excuses about how the problem was at the broadcast end.

Is that my point? No, it's not. If you're going to try to tell someone why something was off, try doing it correctly. I've seen plenty of people try to tell me that they don't like Jessica's voice because she sings in one tone, note, and key, and I'm asking them if they're crazy.

Yes, and of course, they are all wrong and you are right <_<

Wrong, it's called propaganda. They've only seen one side of Taeyeon so far, and it was a bad side, so of course they'll dislike her. You're trying to say that people's opinions won't change regardless of what we say or show them, but that is a false statement.

Propaganda? :lol: OK Speaking of propaganda, so you think your antics changed anyone's opinion in here who didn't like Taeyeon's voice before???

Show me an excuse I've made for her performance. I see none.

Do you even read your own posts??? :huh:

Did I say you need to know the exact terms to know something was off? I specifically said in order to properly explain your case, you'd need to know some key terms and have some musical knowledge. You say bad performance, great. You say bad performance bundled with some random terms mixed in and then everyone follows your example, no.

I've seen you comment on posts on end about what ISN'T proper, but I have yet to see a "proper response" from you where you actually comment in detail on these things that you are apparently an expert of.

Why don't you guys read my previous posts before you try to respond to them? Gets tiring having to explain my points.

I'm sure EVERYONE and their mother have read your dozens of posts (how could they avoid it if they read this thread at all?), but the basic fact of the matter is that your responses aren't particularly supportive of what you claim are your points, not to mention that the points themselves are rather...

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sujudbskmike

^ Following your words, what did you do/make that was better than the thread poster to judge him/her?

Oh, so I'm the one judging now? Great.

I'm not the one who started a thread with the title " Taeyeon (snsd) Failure At Seoul Drama Awards 2009 " .

I'm not trying to save myself but at least I don't start topics like this, calling a singer a faliure for having a miserable performance. ( Even the biggest stars in the world had bad days and performances, it's useless to start picking on her for that one. I'm sure the antis were waiting for her mistakes so that they can attack her. Congrats. )

My point wasn't to start a fight, I was stating my opinions, that's what this thread or even Soompi is for, or am I not right?

And I don't care if you're going to quote and reply etc., I have better things to do than this. Like, you know, Living a life.

Guest cerulean.skies

Honestly, even her performance of "Can You Hear Me" does not sound as good as her other performances of the song. She looks nervous, and it shows in her voice as well. I don't know if maybe it's a more formal occassion she's performing in that makes her more nervous than usual, combined with the fact that the spotlight is on her and the other girls aren't there? Don't know, so I'll just judge based on her performance. As for her duet with Park Hyo Shin... she sounds decent in the lower notes, but she gets extremely pitchy during the high notes. You can especially tell how off-key she is at the times she sings along with Park Hyo Shin, and you hear how smooth his voice is going into the high notes. But anyhow, I think she deserves the criticism, but the bashing isn't necessary, though expected :)

I personally think she has great vocals and she can hit high notes really well, but perhaps the strong and high "powerhouse" vocals suit her more. I won't judge her based on this one bad performance because I've heard wonderful performances of her other songs, especially her solos, but I can understand why people are unimpressed with this duet. This duet didn't suit her vocals at all... I just think she was the wrong person to ask to sing it. I would've asked one of the SeeYa or Davichi girls, who have AMAZING vocal abilities. The high notes were more "soft" and depended much more on the pitch, which Park Hyo Shin has MUCH more control over. He sounded amazing - but then again, it's his song, so I would expect him to be able to sing it well! But really, he just hit those notes so, so beautifully <3 He has that soothing, subtle, yet powerful voice. As for Taeyeon, I feel bad for her.. reminds me of that one time HK singer Joey Yung messed up one of her notes at a concert or something, and it was all over the news with bashing comments even though for the other 99% of the time, she is consistent and amazing in her live performances. JY is more respected in HK than TY is in Korea though.

Guest damifino

Oh, so I'm the one judging now? Great.

I'm not the one who started a thread with the title " Taeyeon (snsd) Failure At Seoul Drama Awards 2009 " .

I'm not trying to save myself but at least I don't start topics like this, calling a singer a faliure for having a miserable performance. ( Even the biggest stars in the world had bad days and performances, it's useless to start picking on her for that one. I'm sure the antis were waiting for her mistakes so that they can attack her. Congrats. )

My point wasn't to start a fight, I was stating my opinions, that's what this thread or even Soompi is for, or am I not right?

And I don't care if you're going to quote and reply etc., I have better things to do than this. Like, you know, Living a life.

You are.

I think you read the title wrong... it didn't say "Taeyeon, failure..." as in Taeyeon was a failure, but that the performance was, which the thread starter talked about in the post. It's a performance that you yourself just called "miserable" so why are you judging the poster that she has no right to judge the performance? Every singer at one time or another has a bad performance, what's so wrong with calling a bad performance a bad performance? Granted, I would have used a different word than "failure" to describe the performance, but if that's what the poster chose to use, I can't necessarily say that it's too farfetched of a word to use. After all, one definitely wouldn't have called the performance a "success."

You were stating your opinion, but so was the thread starter. There's nothing wrong with sharing opinions. My qualm was just your stance that he/she has no right to judge because he/she didn't do anything better than Taeyeon to judge her, which is why I asked, if you believe that statement to be true, what better thing have you done to judge the poster?

I just love how folks who spend their time on Soompi criticize others who do the same for not having "better things to do" like them :)

Guest PhuongNguyen

While the TC wording might be a bit hard on the ear, he/she isn't saying anything wrong. A failure just means that something or someone isn't living up to the desired expectation; which Taeyeon did not. She wasn't so horrible that even William Hung sounded better than her, but she definitely did not do well. The :failure" word sounds pretty hard but she's really not saying it out of context.

as a fan of taeyeon i am kinda surprised why she was this off. she doesnt necessarily have THE voice but she is definitely a good singer and live performer.

guess she just had a bad day ... or they didnt have enough time to do the matching/adjusting

anyway i still love her =]

You're just arguing for the sake of arguing, since your posts are progressively making less and less sense. Why don't you just stop posting?

So now you are an expert in message board responses in addition to music? Are you telling me the "proper response" to respond to your posts? :lol:

You keep saying "proper response." Who died and made you the sole judge of determining what is or isn't a "proper response"? Besides, what's the point of even looking at the "behind the scenes" fancam since according to you, only trained singers can give a "proper response" to Taeyeon's singing ability? <_<

Most people don't judge a proper response to a death as 'HAHA YOUR FRIEND JUST DIED'. I'm using socially acceptable norms, as any average person would. And yeah, you should probably learn the proper response to losing an argument, which is to man up, admit you're wrong, and stop making yourself look bad.

I think you should stick to your so-called expertise in music <_< since critiquing writing technique is not your strongsuit.

"Hey let me make an analogy out of this example which does not even relate to singing. the example was talking about food tastes, let me compare that with singing since he was obviously relating that example to the performance when he was talking about it." [Psst, this was a satirical creation.]

And yet making excuses about how the problem was at the broadcast end.

You need to touch up on your english.

"Hey, you just hit me with your shoe!"

"Sorry, there was a bot fly on your arm that was about to dig into your skin.

Excuse "That's no excuse you jerk, you're no longer my friend!"

Explanation "Oh, sorry, thanks!"

"There's water all over the floor, what did you do?!"

"The pipes to the washing machine burst in the cold weather, sorry there was nothing I could do."

Excuse "That's no excuse, you should have supernatural powers and magically made the weather warmer!"

Explanation "Oh, sorry, that wasn't your fault."

"Taeyeon sucks at singing in this performance!"

"Oh, it's a problem in the broadcasting end."

Excuse "That's no excuse, she still sucks at singing in this performance!"

Explanation "Oh, she sounds much better in the fancam, I guess she doesn't suck in this performance!"

Did I drill that point into your head yet? Good.

Yes, and of course, they are all wrong and you are right <_<

This made no sense whatsoever. If you have any common sense you would understand that Jessica, nor does any other singer, sing in a monotone, hit the same key, and hit the same note whenever they sing. Since, you know, that doesn't really count as singing.

Propaganda? :lol: OK Speaking of propaganda, so you think your antics changed anyone's opinion in here who didn't like Taeyeon's voice before???

Do you even read your own posts??? :huh:

I've seen you comment on posts on end about what ISN'T proper, but I have yet to see a "proper response" from you where you actually comment in detail on these things that you are apparently an expert of.

Take out a dictionary and learn what the definition of propaganda is. You should try learning what words mean before you use them against others. I am merely clarifying to others the other side of the story. And I see no need to comment in detail on a performance that was misunderstood.

I'm sure EVERYONE and their mother have read your dozens of posts (how could they avoid it if they read this thread at all?), but the basic fact of the matter is that your responses aren't particularly supportive of what you claim are your points, not to mention that the points themselves are rather...

The pot calling the kettle black.

Guest underthesea

harsh to call it failure, she's up there singing, while you are watching behind a computer

Hate to break it to ya, but that's what comes with being a celebrity.

When you're a public figure, you are going to be judged by people sitting behind the TV, computer, or sitting in the audience. That's what comes with having nice clothes and flashy cars.

• 2 years later...

Archived