Taeyeon (snsd) Failure At Seoul Drama Awards 2009

Guest spuddevaughn

Guest ilikebeingtough

what i found even more surprising is park hyo shin's new nose...he's been singing for a long time and never thought he would give in to plastic surgery.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chang_mina

I'm not a fan of SNSD but I like Tae voice and I think she can sing really great but this song is simply not for her.Not everyone can sing this song,and I bet it's really hard to sing it without problems.

Guest angelixer

People don't realize that she was off key because the song itself is made for a male key. Perhaps if she was given Mika's version of the song she would have sounded better, but because she was forced to work with the male version she either had to go lower than her range allows or go higher.

I agree with this, but what I think is hilarious & silly, is you telling other posters to stop using terms because 'they don't know anything'... yet you're trying to be cute acting like a critic who knows what's up up in here. What's up with that? TY is cute and all, but she's an ok/mediocre singer, who needs to work on power & dynamics in her voice. And yes, the duet was a failure. Is that so harsh to immediately brand someone an anti? Should I shut up because I don't know anything?

Anyway, it's a shame PHS gave in to the knife. Changing your facial features is wack.

Guest elley_max

i dont know why some people blame it only on "the voices didn't match"

when PHS took over the harmonizing near the end, it was much better, so just accept that TY - due to whatever, cause she's normally pretty good - did not so good as a singer this one time.

i hate how people comment "can you do better?", well no, i can't but i'm not a professional singer, it's not my job, but still i can give my opinion, all you need to do is listen to the performance and you'll notice "there's something wrong with the harmonizing" without knowing exactly what's wrong or how to do it right.

Guest luv_katherine

The arrangement was all wrong. It didn't fit both of their voices... if the arrangement was changed, i think it would had work well for the both of them.

Guest albeitalways

Not really a big fan of SNSD--was only a fan with their Gee and Tell Me Your Wish promotions but I think Taeyeon has one of the best voices in the group. But I don't think her voice is that as spectacular as some of her more delusional fans point it out to be, she's nowhere near Lena Park or even Navi's level yet. However she's still young, so she has a lot more time to improve her singing.

Now the problem with the duet is that Park Hyo Shin's voice is just a notch higher than Taeyeon's level. She can't sing as well as him because it's not her range and she's not that as good. Now if were some other female singer like Lena Park the duet would've been better. My thoughts about this is that Taeyeon should not have that song with him and performed her own instead. Her other perf at the same event, Can you hear me, was better sang than this duet.

Bottom line: PHS and TY should never duet again. Or if they ever do, they should practice. A LOT. To prevent something like this happening again.

And also, I'm irked off with some of the more über defensive fans here. Seriously, expressing your dislike or critiquing someone's music albeit in a negative position does not an anti make. There's a goddamn difference between bashing and expressing your own opinion. Learn the difference between the two before you outright brand someone as anti/hater/whatever you call them people these days.

Sounds more like you fail to grasp the idea of fandom. When you're a fan of something you can easily tell a fan from an anti-fan just by the word choice they use. I'll enlighten you, fans usually don't call something their idol does as a "total failure" or anything of the sort. An analogy for you: You wouldn't call something your child did 'a total failure' and tell other people that they 'failed miserably', but instead provide encouraging words to them. It's similar to that.

That person never stated that she was a fan of Tae Yeon.

Her exact words were "I like Taeyeon, don't get me wrong".

When you're a fan of someone, you're typically overly sensitive to any sort of feedback your idol receives.

Which I believe, is the case with you.

The poster even goes on to say:

"She was just pitchy during the whole performance which I've never heard her do before."

That's totally what an anti-fan would say. Oh wait, she's perpetrating mind games into fooling us that she's NOT an anti-fan ;) .

Hey I love Ryan Gosling but his venture into the music industry was a TOTAL FAILURE.

Stick to acting, baby.

actually, A LOT of parents call their kids total failures (fine, mostly asian parents) and encourage through beatings and deprivation of life.

Haha.

I agree with this, but what I think is hilarious & silly, is you telling other posters to stop using terms because 'they don't know anything'... yet you're trying to be cute acting like a critic who knows what's up up in here. What's up with that? TY is cute and all, but she's an ok/mediocre singer, who needs to work on power & dynamics in her voice. And yes, the duet was a failure. Is that so harsh to immediately brand someone an anti? Should I shut up because I don't know anything?

^Lol.

Oh and douchebag, stop talking to me.

That person never stated that she was a fan of Tae Yeon.

Her exact words were "I like Taeyeon, don't get me wrong".

When you're a fan of someone, you're typically overly sensitive to any sort of feedback your idol receives.

Which I believe, is the case with you.

The poster even goes on to say:

"She was just pitchy during the whole performance which I've never heard her do before."

That's totally what an anti-fan would say. Oh wait, she's perpetrating mind games into fooling us that she's NOT an anti-fan ;) .

Hey I love Ryan Gosling but his venture into the music industry was a TOTAL FAILURE.

Stick to acting, baby.

Haha.

^Lol.

Oh and douchebag, stop talking to me.

Check this quote of kissez* and tell me if I'm wrong that she's being a complete troll and messing up what could be a perfectly good post.

I like you, don't get me wrong. But you're so completely off it's not even funny, which I've never seen you do before. You're just being completely argumentative and can't face the fact that you're wrong.

Check this quote of kissez* and tell me if I'm wrong that she's being a complete troll and messing up what could be a perfectly good post.

I like you, don't get me wrong. But you're so completely off it's not even funny, which I've never seen you do before. You're just being completely argumentative and can't face the fact that you're wrong.

How am I wrong, overly sensitive super fan?

This post of yours is a total failure :lol: .

And also, I'm irked off with some of the more über defensive fans here. Seriously, expressing your dislike or critiquing someone's music albeit in a negative position does not an anti make. There's a goddamn difference between bashing and expressing your own opinion. Learn the difference between the two before you outright brand someone as anti/hater/whatever you call them people these days.

What this person says applies to you. Read it and learn from it.

edit*

Sorry, but I'm clearly a total fan of yours and can't bear to shame your name. I'll let someone else do it.

Bring it, sweet cheeks.

Guest Wendeline

this is who you call 'THE VOICE OF SNSD', if so.... nothing left to say. which means SNSD doesn't VOICE at all.

How can you base her abilities off of one performance?

How am I wrong, overly sensitive super fan?

This post of yours is a total failure :lol: .

Sorry, but I'm clearly a total fan of yours and can't bear to shame your name. I'll let someone else do it.

^

I used to like her too. But I agree that's she in total trolling-mode right now.

I always thought she was this really badass lez but i guess female idol groups are her achilles' heel.

^

I used to like her too. But I agree that's she in total trolling-mode right now.

I always thought she was this really badass lez but i guess female idol groups are her achilles' heel.

It's weird how all these soompiers basically stalk my posts when I can't even tell them from a ham sandwich.

Yeah, female group idols are my Achilles' heel.

Let's ignore the plethora of Soompiers who are echoing my sentiments... we're all trolls and you fan girls (yes, I just called you a fan girl lol) have it right.

I don't know why fans are soo sensitive over every little thing. One word - pathetic.

Anyway, that person is just getting upset because she can't convince anyone that the OP is an anti ;)

Bring it, sweet cheeks.

Why would I do that? Can't you tell by my post that I'm clearly a fan of yours?

My exact words were "I like you, don't get me wrong.".

I even go on to say:

"But you're so completely off it's not even funny, which I've never seen you do before.."

Jeez, are you trying to imply that I don't actually like you? My post shows nothing of the sort!

It's weird how all these soompiers basically stalk my posts when I can't even tell them from a ham sandwich.

Yeah, female group idols are my Achilles' heel.

Let's ignore the plethora of Soompiers who are echoing my sentiments... we're all trolls and you fan girls (yes, I just called you a fan girl lol) have it right.

I don't know why fans are soo sensitive over every little thing. One word - pathetic.

Anyway, that person is just getting upset because she can't convince anyone that the OP is an anti ;)

You know you're pretty bad at arguments. An average person can tell that invoking emotions goes for a bad argument and doesn't persuade anyone, best to keep a neutral tone. For future references.

Anyway, to keep on topic.

Fancams of this performance show that there's probably something with her microphone or it was badly edited when it was broadcasted. She sounds fine here.

To the person below me, indeed.

According to Park Hyoshin, since 'Snow Flower' is his solo song, it was a challenging task for Hyoshin and Taeyeon to decide which parts to sing, while they were practicing. Also, he added that the man's range of voice is different than the woman's range of voice, and the song itself had wide range of pitch. As a result, it wasn't easy for both to be satisfied with their duet.

Basically he's saying the song was made specifically for a male key, so there's a completely justifiable reason why Taeyeon sounds like she had some difficulty singing the song.

You know in the other thread, PHS pretty much restates what I said about Taeyeon and her singing this kind of duet. I'm happy you have a plethora of soompiers who are probably half our age on your side. Must make you feel real popular.

Please take your meds next time.

Why would I do that? Can't you tell by my post that I'm clearly a fan of yours?

My exact words were "I like you, don't get me wrong.".

I even go on to say:

"But you're so completely off it's not even funny, which I've never seen you do before.."

Jeez, are you trying to imply that I don't actually like you? My post shows nothing of the sort!

You know you're pretty bad at arguments. An average person can tell that invoking emotions goes for a bad argument and doesn't persuade anyone, best to keep a neutral tone. For future references.

Anyway, to keep on topic.

Fancams of this performance show that there's probably something with her microphone or it was badly edited when it was broadcasted. She sounds fine here.

I'm not trying to persuade you. Or anyone else.

My tone is pretty neutral, maybe it's your interpretation of it. You're just a highly sensitive person.

You're pretty bad at arguments too! :lol:

I mean, your last few posts have been... idiotic?

You know in the other thread, PHS pretty much restates what I said about Taeyeon and her singing this kind of duet. I'm happy you have a plethora of soompiers who are probably half our age on your side. Must make you feel real popular.

Please take your meds next time.

Lol.

Your post is completely worthless.

What about Tae Yeon singing this kind of duet? I've only said it was a crap performance - I've never denied that it was in a "male key" or whatever. But since I'm not an expert, I didn't want to offend the resident music critc (^see above) and use "technical terms".

Yeah, I'm super popular on Soompi. Jealous..?

P.S.

I also get more chicks than you :)

Guest chopsticksandspoon

I wonder where the good Taeyeon performances are then?

Cause every time I watch a perf of hers, people seem to say the same thing, "She's not feeling it that day."

Even when with SNSD, Tiffany seems to sing better than her. And I don't even like Tiffany's voice that much.

Guest bblover89

I wonder where the good Taeyeon performances are then?

Cause every time I watch a perf of hers, people seem to say the same thing, "She's not feeling it that day."

Even when with SNSD, Tiffany seems to sing better than her. And I don't even like Tiffany's voice that much.

i wonder that too...her voice is mediocre...it's quite weak.

more like a karaoke singer...

her fans overrate her too much and give her to many excuses.

how would they know if she's having a bad day or not?

;)

Archived