Taeyeon (snsd) Failure At Seoul Drama Awards 2009

Guest spuddevaughn

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, they do sound pretty nuts because they're going with the general consensus instead of trying to form their own opinion. People don't realize that she was off key because the song itself is made for a male key. Perhaps if she was given Mika's version of the song she would have sounded better, but because she was forced to work with the male version she either had to go lower than her range allows or go higher. So thanks for stating the obvious, yeah she was off key. It sounds like whoever set up this duet is bat crazy. It doesn't sound like they even had time for practice.

Glad I could be of help :)

Anyway, I don't know why so many Tae Yeon's fans are getting upset.

Most of the replies here have been "It was a bad performance". The majority agrees that it wasn't her best performance.

But whatever, I'll never understand fandoms and why fans get their panties in a knot over every little thing.

^ ugh, the previous 7 pages do not have my replies. that needle person posted way too much, i just had to reply. thats what forums are for :]

Forums are for discussions? That's crazy! Madness, I say.

Yes, you are getting defensive. When she sand that song it was a failure because she failed to sing it right, no one said she was a failure in everything she did. If you failed your chemistry paper it means you failed theirs nothing more to it.

That's a difficult concept for most Soompier's to grasp.

Words like "failure" when associated with an idol leads to "THIS WAS WRITTEN BY AN ANTI! ONLY AN ANTI WOULD LABEL ANYTHING TAE YEON CRAPS OUT AS FAILURE!!!!"

this is who you call 'THE VOICE OF SNSD', if so.... nothing left to say. which means SNSD doesn't VOICE at all.

These are the types of people I'm talking about. Have no idea what they're talking about and think that this performance labels her entire career as bad or something.

That's a difficult concept for most Soompier's to grasp.

Words like "failure" when associated with an idol leads to "THIS WAS WRITTEN BY AN ANTI! ONLY AN ANTI WOULD LABEL ANYTHING TAE YEON CRAPS OUT AS FAILURE!!!!"

Sounds more like you fail to grasp the idea of fandom. When you're a fan of something you can easily tell a fan from an anti-fan just by the word choice they use. I'll enlighten you, fans usually don't call something their idol does as a "total failure" or anything of the sort. An analogy for you: You wouldn't call something your child did 'a total failure' and tell other people that they 'failed miserably', but instead provide encouraging words to them. It's similar to that.

Guest 0oyokisuo0

Usually when you're being taught something, you know the basic terms of it well.

Yeah, they do sound pretty nuts because they're going with the general consensus instead of trying to form their own opinion. People don't realize that she was off key because the song itself is made for a male key. Perhaps if she was given Mika's version of the song she would have sounded better, but because she was forced to work with the male version she either had to go lower than her range allows or go higher. So thanks for stating the obvious, yeah she was off key. It sounds like whoever set up this duet is bat crazy. It doesn't sound like they even had time for practice.

When I read the comments, I prepared myself to go into the video expecting her to be so way off that she was dead or something. And then it doesn't even sound that bad.

that doesnt mean you are good at explaining those terms :mellow:

*note to self, use very very basic terms* the song is made for a male key = when a female sings it, she finds the right female key for it. taeyeon did not grasp the right key, which should be a lot higher than what she was singing. thats why the harmony sounded horrible. they probably didnt practice though. and i agree, it was as bad as i expected it to be, but definitely one of her worst performances.

this is who you call 'THE VOICE OF SNSD', if so.... nothing left to say. which means SNSD doesn't VOICE at all.

ouch.

Forums are for discussions? That's crazy! Madness, I say.

totally.

Sounds more like you fail to grasp the idea of fandom. When you're a fan of something you can easily tell a fan from an anti-fan just by the word choice they use. I'll enlighten you, fans usually don't call something their idol does as a "total failure" or anything of the sort. An analogy for you: You wouldn't call something your child did 'a total failure' and tell other people that they 'failed miserably', but instead provide encouraging words to them. It's similar to that.

actually, A LOT of parents call their kids total failures (fine, mostly asian parents) and encourage through beatings and deprivation of life.

Guest delightful123

I really think that this bad performance was due to bad harmonizing... whoever came up with Taeyeon's part is the one that "failed." Taeyeon sang fine, in my opinion.

Guest kashmier

people here are so critical and bitter

TaeYeon have given many nice performances before

and now just becuz of one not so great perf, you'll criticize her excessively.

thats so rude and unfair.

and calling her a failure is so unjust and wrong.

i don't like snsd but calling their leader's performance in the recent event is a failure is so absurd.

i could say that she sang it off key and didn't harmonized well with Park Hyo Shin. her voice is okay but the duet isn't worth even my 1cent.

... am i the only one that thinks it sounds nice? ._.

sometimes you're not supposed to sing everything exactly the same tone or the same harmony. @_@;

i've heard many duets that sound like this.. LOL aiyah

Guest Machitoshi

Her solo was fine, but the duet wasn't very pleasing to my ears, but she's still a good singer. I didn't know how to react at first, cause I was used to how Mika Nakashima sang it so I thought she was singing it too high, but they also struggled at harmonizing. And I'm so tempted to push Hyo Shin's bangs away from his left eye =/ but it's okay I hope in the future if they decide to sing this again, they'll do better :)

Guest superjihyeee!

I really think that this bad performance was due to bad harmonizing... whoever came up with Taeyeon's part is the one that "failed." Taeyeon sang fine, in my opinion.

LOL I really wasn't going to reply to anyone but this comment...

Taeyeon sounded off because she couldn't hit the notes. Blaming it on the person who arranged it doesn't really make sense. haha. That's kind of like saying, "Oh, ___ was off tune in this performance, but whatever it's all the songwriter's fault, he should know that ____ is always off tune on this note. Otherwise the off-tune-ness of it all, _____ sang fine."

Part of being a good singer is having range and the ability to harmonize =_=

wow lol even the best singers have their bad days and not perfect once in while even in big event in duet or solo perf but that dont make them "not good singers" anymore

this thread get all hype just over 1 perf @_@ and labeled her as a failure singer

if she did bad over and over like non stop then it's understandable why she's a failure

aigooo rofl XD how funny 1 person and 1 perf can make some ppl reacted this way lol

Taeyeon 's perf. Isn't all that bad as people are trying to make it,

I think she did fine...not one of her best perf. But still it was pretty decent

Guest twinkle_l0ve

Sure taeyeon has a great voice but I dont think taeyeon's voice in general is right for this song

Have you tried singing this song at karaoke? It's so freaking hard

Wow, is this still going on?

Taeyeon is a good singer, but she failed to sing this song the correct way. Anyone disagree?

She didn't fail miserably. Good word choice is necessary to survive in today's society... obviously the topic starter is either an anti or simply someone who rambles without thinking.

Guest princess257

Woooow, I rule this page. ^_^

Nobody's perfect, everyone makes mistakes sometimes.

may be she got nervous or something.

But that won't make her fans' count less.

Archived