[Sitcom 2009] Highkick Through The Roof 지붕 뚫고 하이킥

Guest yeohweping

Guest jjowah

deep in my heart, i wished for sekyung to be with jihoon because i (i'm sure all of us can) can relate with watching someone from afar on a day to day basis... being happy with the smallest behavior that "might" mean something... but i think jihoon thinks of her too much as a younger sister.... although korean dramas have proven to me that love knows no boundaries... LOL. the main reason why i wish they came true is because it's close to impossible. i know it won't happen, because life doesn't just happen like that... (as well as jungeum meeting so randomly and almost serendipitously with jihoon, but that's another story). if the pd did pair those two, he/she would just give more hope to people in unrequited love and that's not healthy... as sad as that sounds.

we should feel lucky getting jung eum/jihoon... in real life situations, no two individuals ever meet so much...

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU in that I too want JIHOON/SEKYUNG couple.

but in reality, i have to differ in that jihoon/sekyung is more unrealistic. I actually see jihoon/jungeum couples in real life.

their personalities complement each other really well. jihoon is introverted..and jungeum extroverted. they can be really good friends if not lovers. i don't know if they have that "real" soulful connection though. also for them, the timing was right. they both had their own professional lives and were single and had no real problems..(it changes now that jungeum returned to daejun)

if we are talking fate, jihoon/sekyung met each other by happenstance more than once. i think fate connects them naturally..but everything didnt melt into place. for ie, her financial situation, her sister..her position in the house and with the family.. also she has a very shy/quiet personality.. similar to jihoon..and when two people have similar personalities.. their relationship tends to move much slower and gradually. i always say timing is everything. and for them, the timing wasnt right. also, while jihoon tends to think of sekyung as a younger sister somewhat.. i believe he wouldn't have gotten her all those things if he didn't feel anything for her.

i guess its all up to your own interpretation. but i hope the story moves in the future.. jihoon and sekyung get together!!!!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest smittenkitten

can anyone tell me the name of the song that plays when sekyung and junhyuk kiss? i'm pretty sure it's by kim johan... thanks

Guest hyunica214

"if we are talking fate, jihoon/sekyung met each other by happenstance more than once. i think fate connects them naturally..but everything didnt melt into place."

* I agree that these two characters started off by fate, and thought these two looked great together as a couple and hoped they'd meet again, and they did at his own home! i thought it was odd when the story didn't go towards this storyline and started focusing on joining JungEun and JiHoon together. After all those scenes with them together and everything they go through, we the viewers obviously start rooting for this couple. JunHyuk is a high school student, so I thought it would just be the young kid having a crush on the nuna, but they made their scenes so cute to make viewers start rooting for this couple as well. Either way, I'll be satisfied as long as the ending is not a cliffhanger and ends on a happy note. I would've personally wanted JiHoon and SeKyung to be together. This was a great sitcom.

can anyone tell me the name of the song that plays when sekyung and junhyuk kiss? i'm pretty sure it's by kim johan... thanks

It is Kim Jo Han: 그래요

Guest cocoa

Last episode in a couple of hours!! *crosses fingers* for a good ending, not like season 1. I wonder if they'll do a fast forward to ___ years later or they'll just end with Se Kyung leaving?

I always rushed to the computer after work to watch High Kick, so sad that it's finally ending. If only we could just have one more week! There are so many things they have to settle and to cram it all into one episode...

Guest H4Lf A d1ME

OKAYYYYYY..what the heck just happened??

sorry, but i missed the part with the newsreporter saying something right before the timeskip. what did she say?? i'm confused.

don't like the ending at all. i'll just put it like that :(

Guest smr05

ohmygosh......

im a big time lurker but i had to de-lurk to post this..

BIG!! SPOILER!!

i cant believe they just kill off sekyung ang jihoon!?

well they didnt "show" since they "stopped the time" (wtf!) but it was implied...

tsk tsk.. i guess the PD and script writers had a major shipping war and decided to sink all possible ships.

dc-mbc and dc-hkttr are going nuts right now.. in a bad way.. lol..

wow..

i cried during the haeri-shinae scenes.. so sad :(

well, i enjoyed the sitcom.. well most of it, so a big well done and thank you to the cast and crew!

and thank you all for the updates!

Guest mattry

What the heck? Can anyone give me a better recap of what they were saying? I can't believe I invested so much time in this show only to have the last episode ruin everything. Blah.

Guest yeohweping

Tonite's spoiler - The pd gave an open ending again.

129134710292279210.jpg

Hae Ri started to bawl out her heart when she heard that Shin Ae will be leaving the next day. Se Kyung was surprised to find a packet of US dollars and a book when she was looking for a shirt for Shin Ae to change. Their dad came and stayed with them for a day at the Lee family's house.

Jung Eum refused to pick up her phone no matter how many times Ji Hoon called her.

Ji Hoon came by Se Kyung's room but he walked away twice after hesitating.

Se Kyung came by the hospital with Shin Ae to say goodbye to Ji Hoon as he is the only person in the Lee family whom they haven't said their farewells to. Se Kyung ended up writing a note to Ji Hoon after she waited alone for some time. Ji Hoon who came back with a ring after getting information about Jung Eum's whereabouts from Gwang Soo. The sky suddenly begins to rain just as Se Kyung was about to leave the hospital, Ji Hoon who managed to catch up with her, offered to give her a lift to the airport.

A few moments later, the news report aired that there was a major car accident which killed 4 people and seriously injured 20 others.

Three years later, Jung Eum who is now a supervisor meets up with Jun Hyuk who is now a college student. Jung Eum commented in sadness that if Ji Hoon hasn't met up with Se Kyung that thing wouldn't happened (hinted: both of them were killed in the three years ago accident).

Back to the present where Ji Hoon and Se Kyung were in the car. Se Kyung started to confess the feelings that she has for Ji Hoon all along and even revealed to him that she knew that he was dating Jung Eum from a long time ago. She tells Ji Hoon that he has been the only person that she ever loved right from the start and he was the person who controls the other half of her thoughts of staying behind. Ji Hoon started tearing up at her confession when Se Kyung mentions that he was the first person that she ever met (welcomes her) when she first came to Seoul and now he is the last person here that will send her away, it was only him for her from the beginning till the end. Ji Hoon turned to look at her in sadness and surprise when she said that she wishes that time will just stop here.

~End~

===================

What could happened to Ji Hoon & Se Kyung?

01. Both of them died in the car accident.

02. One of them died.

03. Both of them are in a coma.

04. One of them is in a coma.

05. Both of them ran away together.

====================

Highkick final song - Rachael Yamagata's Duet

[Rachael:]

Oh, lover, hold on

Til I come back again

For these arms are growing tired

And my tales are wearing thin

If you’re patient, I will surprise

And when you wake up, I’ll have come

All the anger will settle down

And we’ll go do all the things we should’ve done

Cause I remember what we said

As we lay down to bed

I’ll be here if you will only come back home

[Ray LaMontagne:]

Oh, lover, I’m lost

Because the road I’ve chosen beckons me away

Oh, lover, I’ve done you wrong

And now I’m fighting words I never thought I’d say

But I remember what we said

As we lay down to bed

I’ll forgive you all if you just come back home

[Together:]

Oh, lover, I know

You’ll be out there and be thinking just of me

I will find you down the road

And we’ll return back home to where we’re meant to be

Cause I remember what we said

As we lay down to bed

We’ll be back as soon as we make history

Guest *Luminde

... WHAAAAAT JUST HAPPENED! D<

Why is the ending so SAD? Is this a sitcom or not, ohemgee.

And JunHyuk's face when he said 'goodbye, noona' made me break down (damn him for being such a good actor!). OMG, now it's all the MORE sad because of the ending. GAH!

AND WJNASJKDNFLKNKSJANDLKJFNKJN?! JIHOON & SEKYUNG WHAAAT?! D< WHY DID THEY END IT LIKE THIS?! ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ;

... All in all.. I am NOT HAPPY AT ALL. T_T

Archived