[Sitcom 2009] Highkick Through The Roof 지붕 뚫고 하이킥

Guest yeohweping

Guest H4Lf A d1ME

honestly speaking, no one can write a purely "unbiased toward any love line" blurb because we're all people and we're all going to have SOME sort of belief on anything.

that aside, i'm seriously flabbergasted that the writers of highkick want to go so far as to make a "twist" and make a 180 degree turn on the couple love lines. this completely goes against the buildup and makes for a VERY disappointing and seriously pathetic and desperate attempt to get higher ratings. i mean, they spent 110+ episodes slowly building up for jijung and junse couples and now they randomly throw in some jihoons-now-suddently-falling-for-sekyung crap. the beauty of sitcoms is that you have so much time to space everything out--it's not some miniseries or movies where the guy falls for the girl in a heartbeat because of the lack of time they have to portray this developing love.

saying that jihoon never had any true feelings toward jungeum and realizing that he liked sekyung all along is equivalent to saying that pigs fly. period. i'm pretty darned sure that the plain obvious jihoon-always-ignoring-or-never-noticing-sekyung deal summed up jihoon's nonexistent romantic feelings for sekyung. plainly put, HE CARES FOR HER AS A PROTECTER. NOT A LOVER. while he was always ignoring(never noticing) sekyung, he almost always noticed jungeum. hmmmmm, i wonder why? oh, maybe it's because he actually genuinely LIKES her! in a romantic way.

like almost all the netizens out there, i find this shift ridiculous. even my old dad found this twist strange, awkward, and just randomly thrown in. "bad writing" he called it. if the pd's are going to continue this and even end the series with jise, not just me, but almost everyone (minus one particularly avid supporter of jise in this thread) will finish it with ill feelings. i'll definitely remember this as the sitcom that started off great, but finished with a lame and dare i say stupid ending.

sorry for ranting, but i'm REALLY annoyed right now after watching yesterday's episdoe.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest rainbowfull.

I HATE JISE.

HOW AWKWARD AND SO RUSHED.

THE PD NEEDS TO LET THE JISE GO CAUSE IT WONT WORK.

I WANT JIJUNG BACK.

THIS ISNT HOW THINGS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE! D:

Guest sabchy

honestly speaking, no one can write a purely "unbiased toward any love line" blurb because we're all people and we're all going to have SOME sort of belief on anything.

that aside, i'm seriously flabbergasted that the writers of highkick want to go so far as to make a "twist" and make a 180 degree turn on the couple love lines. this completely goes against the buildup and makes for a VERY disappointing and seriously pathetic and desperate attempt to get higher ratings. i mean, they spent 110+ episodes slowly building up for jijung and junse couples and now they randomly throw in some jihoons-now-suddently-falling-for-sekyung crap. the beauty of sitcoms is that you have so much time to space everything out--it's not some miniseries or movies where the guy falls for the girl in a heartbeat because of the lack of time they have to portray this developing love.

saying that jihoon never had any true feelings toward jungeum and realizing that he liked sekyung all along is equivalent to saying that pigs fly. period. i'm pretty darned sure that the plain obvious jihoon-always-ignoring-or-never-noticing-sekyung deal summed up jihoon's nonexistent romantic feelings for sekyung. plainly put, HE CARES FOR HER AS A PROTECTER. NOT A LOVER. while he was always ignoring(never noticing) sekyung, he almost always noticed jungeum. hmmmmm, i wonder why? oh, maybe it's because he actually genuinely LIKES her! in a romantic way.

like almost all the netizens out there, i find this shift ridiculous. even my old dad found this twist strange, awkward, and just randomly thrown in. "bad writing" he called it. if the pd's are going to continue this and even end the series with jise, not just me, but almost everyone (minus one particularly avid supporter of jise in this thread) will finish it with ill feelings. i'll definitely remember this as the sitcom that started off great, but finished with a lame and dare i say stupid ending.

sorry for ranting, but i'm REALLY annoyed right now after watching yesterday's episdoe.

I agree with every single word here.

Im gonna wait till monday to see what happens... maybe its dont leave in a sister-brother kind of way.

Guest rout345

My some thoughts on Lee Ji Hoon's character (This is not bias towards any love line)

I'm rolling my eyes so hard right now, they're going to roll out of the back of my head. You do KNOW you're not fooling anyone with this "unbiased" nonsense, right?

Thanks for putting all my feelings into words. This was a perfect rant.

Especially this:

if the pd's are going to continue this and even end the series with jise, not just me, but almost everyone (minus one particularly avid supporter of jise in this thread) will finish it with ill feelings.

Just because someone keeps saying they're unbiased doesn't mean they're fooling anyone. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...at least be honest about it.

Guest yeohweping

Did the Ji-Se's love line parodied from SBS love generation?

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=highk...%84%B8&bbs=

Rumoured Part of ep.125 1st part script

사춘기를 지나는 준혁의 가슴앓이. Jun Hyuk becomes mature after puberty

지훈의 내리 사랑에 대한 혼란스러운 심리상태. Ji Hoon settles/tidies up his messed-up love relationships

자옥과 현경과의 화해 모드. Ja Ok and Hyun Kyung's relationship gets resolved

해리가 불의의 사고로 인한 또 다른 가족애의 발견. Hae Ri gets into a big trouble and discovered that she is not the Lee family's kid

인나가 광수에 대한 확실한 사랑의 정리등등. In Na and Gwang Soo resolving their love relations.

Guest Jennie

Actually I did read somewhere with the possible spoiler for the last part as what yeohweping posted in a Chinese website. I think Jun Hyuk becoming more mature will play a very important key role in his possible relationship with SeKyung, which I hope will happen.

As for Ji Hoon, I am not going to say anything. I think the guy is at a stage of confusion right now. So, like what ilx91 wrote, JiJung fans will have to wait unitl Monday to really hear what the guy have to say. After reading what ilx91 and H4Lf A d1ME I kind of am thinking...maybe asking Se Kyung not to leave could be the way he can say to her. I think he was not aware of her feelings for him until ep121. So the guy was in a moment of shock and he had to recall all the memories. That 10 mins of Se Kyung made all of us fans, really freaked out, which we should be because now we are slowing seeing the twist put into place. In a way, Ji Hoon feels like he is a protector and not a lover for her, but he is at a stage of confusion, we don't know. I doubt he will confess his feelings for Se Kyung because if he did, I will so lose respect for his character. It's like dude, you had a girlfriend 3 days ago, now you are in love with someone else 3 days later? But, Ji Hoon didn't beg her to stay, he just asked "don't leave" not, "Please, don't leave". :mellow:

Hae-ri, if that happened, it will suck, but they can solve that issue in a episode or 2 with that plot line because the family still treat her the same and will always treat her the same.

And I had to watch the ending of Highkick season 1 to now understand why fans are mad because it's an open ending, but like I said, the PD knew that fans are not happy with that ending and he said that this season he will make sure that everyone will be happy. Base on a lot of people's reaction in what happen in ep. 121, I think its a hint that us viewers are not happy if it's a JiSe ending.

To All JiJung fan's lets just stay positive that there will be a happy ending with this couple. Remember, Jung Eum's problem is not solved yet and a lot of JiJung's issues are not solved as well. It will be impossible for Junhyuk to end up with Jung Eum because he now only view her as his teacher. And if that makes Jung Eum ending up a lone, than we should feel more bad for Jung Eum's character than Sekyung.

And fans, remember, the Christmas eps...let's just hope that is who and who should be together.

JiJung FIGHTING!!!

Spoilers!

- Fans saw Daniel and JungEum filming. JungEum is working (dressed in a soju bottle costume) and JiHoon sees her. She starts running off but he runs after her, anxiously calling her name. It's not the end for JiJung yet, you guys!<333 Don't. Lose. Hope.

- Fans saw SiYoon and SeKyung filming...at Lotte World and Seoul Land. JunSe fans should look forward to this! ^^

All the more reason to give JiHoon a chance to explain himself. He's been my favorite character since episode one and I refuse to believe that the PD would kill his character like this. I'm not going to let go of JiJung 'till the very last episode.

Possible foreshadowings for JiJung...

A. JungEum's shoes

"Good shoes will take you to good places."

Self-explanatory. Only good things await JungEum now.

B. Hileet

Remember how she gave up Hileet due to her financial problem? And it hurt...it was difficult for her to do such a thing. But she did. Yet Hileet kept coming back to her...and she still sent him off...in tears. Then what happened? With the help of other people (her friends - Julian, InNa, and KwangSoo)...she got Hileet back.

Hileet = JiHoon.

And honestly, if they were going to go w/ JiSe, there was no point in revealing JiJung's relationship to HyunKyung, xD

I'm SO hopeful right now. Go JiJung. <333

But even if we don't get a JiJung ending, I'm satisfied enough w/ the fact that 1. We'll see JiHoon and JungEum on the same screen together again at least one more time and 2. JiHoon finds out about JungEum's situation.

Guest Jennie

Also to add on, there is a picture of Daniel studying his script outside as well. And you know, if you don't care about someone, you don't need to run after that person, if you don't care.

Spoiler:

When Daniel do chase Jung Eum. She will be hit by a car. And Daniel will pick her up. ]Here is the videoscene: Daniel Chasing after Jung Eum May I say, Jung Eum looks so cute in her Soju bottle costume

To add on what ilx91t wrote, in addition to the shoes and many other things, the one important theme that JiJung couple have is the word "Responsibilities". That word has been with them for some time since ep.55, so base on the possible spoiler...I am not giving up.

Here the pictures to JunSe: JunSe play date

Here is the pictures to JiJung: JiJung

Guest bluecolorlover12

It's been a long time since I've posted here, but I can't help it. People don't worry!! I've watched a lot of sitcoms and they all end up happy except a few, but the majority of the endigs are based on the viewers. I think the PD is only doing this to wrap it up becuase it's almost ending. I'm just going to relax and keepwatching. Seriously, if he did Do Jise, then there's going to be a big riot. If I were the PD I think I'll be doing what he's doing now, just to spice it up a bit. If there's no hardships in a relationship, then it doesn't really mean anything, that's why the PD might be doing this. ^^ that's just my point of view :)

Guest yeohweping

20100315104022460.jpg

01. You are my girl - Kim Jo Han

02. Little girl (Instrumental)

03. The Unstoppable High Kick (Feat.Seo Ye Na) - Hoony Hoon

04. Present for you (Instrumental)

05. The road to me (Studio Ver.) - Yoon Si Yoon

06. Trying to find her - Kim Jo Han

07. Don't say goodbye - Kim Jo Han

08. Beautiful Love (Instrumental)

09. Friday Night - Hoony Hoon

10. Scream - Hoony Hoon

11. Say Ho (Feat.Nacko) - Hoony Hoon

12. Open your heart (feat. Kim Jo Han) - Soul Breeze

13. Holding my breath - Seo Ye Na

Special OST links are updated on the first post. Use thunder or flashget to get/download the full songs. No other links will be provided by me. Do not whine and just wait till the chi-subs sites or other music sites provide them if you can't download from these links.

============

Special note

For those who made special contributions towards the highkick thread till 20th mar'10 and obeyed all the forum/thread rules without getting even a warning from me or the mods will be getting an award of 2 to 3 more extra songs that are aired in the sitcom but not included in the albums through pming after Highkick ends, regardless of which love-line you supported. These songs will be sent to you latest on 21st Mar'10.

For others, there is no use to PM me for the songs as I won't/will never sent them to you no matter how many times you pm me. Try harder to follow the forum/thread rules on my other threads to get your special rewards.

============

Korean Dramas & Movies Forum Rules - Read rule no.3 : On no bashing

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=116755

Guest yeohweping

Tonite's spoiler

Ji Hoon came up with the excuse that Se Kyung should live and build her own life instead of just leaving/immigrating to be with her family. But Se Kyung said she had to leave with Shin Ae because there will possibility that she will have regrets if she doesn't try it out.

Se Kyung tells Shin Ae not to tell the Lee Family that they are going to leave until the day comes for them to go. Shin Ae brightens up when Se Kyung said that they can always return to Korea in the future if they want/have to and Shin Ae is excited to be taking a plane although she has to part with Hae Ri and Julien. The Shin sisters then made out a list of the things that they wanted to do during their last day off in Seoul on a budget list.

Ja Ok and Soon Jae got some presents for the family but they left out Bo Seok's. Hae Ri immediately wore the spider man costume and starts to imitate the spider man's climbing.

Ji Hoon came back home when Se Kyung was cleaning his room and he asked Se Kyung why was she so anxious when she lost the red scarf but Se Kyung lies to him saying that it was cold during winter. She thanked him again before leaving his room.

Julien and Gwang Soo came over to Jung Eum's workplace and helped with some sales.

Se Kyung and Shin Ae started their day trip with the things that they planned but when they kept exceeding their budget and Shin Ae was forced to act younger and younger as they proceeded with their list.

Ja Ok was finally called "mom" by Hyun Kyung when she sees how much Ja Ok cares for Hae Ri after Hae Ri got into an accident.

129131251345927240.jpg

============

The Shin sisters are going to immigrate to the french Polynesia Islands if everything goes as planned.

============

How Ji Hoon's love-line will be going

01. He will see Jung Eum working and realized why Jung Eum dumped him : He goes back to her.

02. He will see Jung Eum working and realized why Jung Eum dumped him : But Jung Eum and Ji Hoon realized there are some more issues between them (like their differences in thinking) which makes them difficult to go back being a couple and they returned back to be being friends instead.

03. He will find out the real feelings of Se Kyung and try to stop her from leaving : He will for once muster his courage to leave his comfort zone and either beg Se Kyung to stay or leave with her.

04.He will find out the real feelings of Se Kyung and try to stop her from leaving : But Se Kyung will tells him not to do that to her as she wants to figure what she wanna do on her own without Ji Hoon making the decision for her and leaves.

Guest *Luminde

Lmao, I can see there's going to be alot of tears before we finish up with smiles. Guh, I've been tearing up at the end of the last few episodes, and I can't wait to see everyone happy and together as they should be. POO. XP

I saw today's episode as a wrap-up for JiSe. To start off,

- SeKyung was not moved by JiHoon's words. Whether or not he wants her to go or stay no longer matters to her.

- SeKyung told JunHyuk, "I love learning from you the most." I think SeKyung's finally seeing JunHyuk in the light and putting JiHoon behind.

- As JiHoon mentioned, getting the red scarf back didn't put much of an impact on her. Her reply, "Because winter is over," is equivalent to "Because my feelings for you are over." (Those difficult winter times are over; it's time to start anew w/ spring. <3)

I doubt that it'll be JiHoon who stops her from leaving now. He talked to her and failed. Instead, it'll most likely be JunHyuk who tries to stop her on the day she's leaving. But I get the feeling that SeKyung will still end up leaving. It's kind of stupid if she goes through all of this (preparing to leave) and she doesn't at the last moment. She'll probably return to Korea after the time skip.

If I was disappointed w/ today's episode, it had to be because they didn't play the episode in JiHoon's point-of-view. A lot of things regarding what JiHoon's thinking right now are unclear. But overall, he just seems confused at this point. So many things are happening to him at once. JungEum's sudden leaving, SeKyung's sudden leaving.

As for JiHoon's loveline...I'm still hoping to see JiJung at the end. To have JungEum get into an accident and put JiHoon and SeKyung together...what does that make of JiHoon's character? The PD didn't put in JungEum's accident for no reason. I just hope the PD is able to restore JiHoon's character; they did a lot of damage to his character on Friday (which angers me to no end).

I hate seeing JiHoon's character so dead too. >.< (sigh) JiJung<333

Guest Jennie

I agree if anything, today’s episode is almost a closure to JiSe love’s line and maybe a new beginning for JunSe’s love story to begin. Remember, JunSe is suppose to have a date together at the park. Someone say it’s their first date together before she leaves. I think the point of Ji Hoon realizing SeKyung’s love is to ties all the loose ends. At first, I did think that Ji Hoon was aware of SeKyung’s love for him, but after thinking it over, he had not. So Friday’s episode is basically the closure to the JiSe’ love story. I really don’t see anymore twist to this love story because based on the shooting over the weekend, it’s impossible. I think now, they are beginning to focus more on closing in the relationship between JiJung and JunSe.

For Ji Hoon, I agree with ilx91, we are not really getting his point of view. All we have is the look of a sad face. Is it because he is tired with all the things that he has to deal with? Is it because he’s falling for SeKyung and disappointed that she rejected him? Is it because he is still at the stage of confusion for his break up with Jung Eum? There is a lot of damage in the Ji Hoon’s character because we don’t know what the heck is he thinking. Even I was mad at him on Friday for asking her to stay….but the spoiler over the weekend heal that wound.

For JiJung….why would Ji Hoon chase after Jung Eum if he has feelings for SeKyung? We don’t know…but the accident will play a BIG role in a possible JiJung getting back together. I think if I am right base on the translation, it’s when in the hospital that Ji Hoon will learn about Jung Eum’s problems. It could be Julian or Gwang Soo that will tell Ji Hoon, but I am not sure, but that is what the rumors are flying around that one of the guys will tell Ji Hoon about Jung Eum’s struggle. And I doubt that it’s sympathy that Ji Hoon that will be back with Jung Eum, it’s because he truly love her. She put her happiness (Ji Hoon) aside so she can struggle alone. And who knows, to prove that he do care and love for her, he might asked Jung Eum to marry him. And we can end High Kick with a Wedding, which I am still calling for. Cause at the end of the sitcome, JiJung will still need to win the sister over.

Archived