[Sitcom 2009] Highkick Through The Roof 지붕 뚫고 하이킥

Guest yeohweping

Guest theyellowcrayon24

oh gosh... i was kind of worried and nervous about the ending because i know that the previous high kick season ended kind of mysteriously and open ended. I was really hoping and praying that the ending would be more closing than the original high kick, but i guess that's just the way the PD creates his works. after reading some of the responses i kind of understand why the PD created this kind of ending, and it makes sense. with those thoughts i kind of reviewed the sitcom again and realized a lot of the episodes, scenes, and characters had a lot more to them. it was kind of eye opening for me! O_O although i wasnt truly really satisfied with the ending, i really understand the reasoning behind it now, and if theres a 3rd season, im gonna watch it fosho!! thank you highkick for making many of my days with smiles, laughter, crying, and realizations... :D

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest xyiseul

... i came home, started my computer watched high kick and this is what i get? omg, i'm so so so not pleased. where's the happy ending with a married jijung and sekyung coming back to korea, meeting junhyuk and waving at him with her pleasant smile?! all those happy things that could've happened, it wasn't there -_- so not pleased.

sekyung, ghost? what? impossible, that is just plain freaky and i don't understand what kind of an interpretation the writers and pd are trying to make from making her a ghost. this is all so insane, i need some fresh air.

Guest yeohweping

I wish that time would stop at this moment

2049685.jpg

SSI_20100320105756_V.jpg

201003201157321.jpg

201003201058261001_1.jpg

20_49682.jpg

20100320_1269048902_88862100_0.jpg

2049665.jpg

196334_1.jpg

a3u77101_1.jpg

201003200908011001_1.jpg

201003192153131001_1.jpg

tn_1269036842_-1439443854_0.jpg

201003192234241.jpg

201003192131111.JPG

Our last goodbye

NISI20100319_0002494520_web.jpg

tn_1269044642_2065621657_0.jpg

201003200744171001_1.jpg

201003201241151.jpg

We must meet again

2049663.jpg

20_49642.jpg

201003200349491001_1.jpg

The last Highkick S2 event

103865_92099_1359.jpg

http://news.nate.com/view/20100320n03428

103861_92094_542.jpg

http://news.nate.com/view/20100320n02988

20102058296_60800010.jpg

http://news.nate.com/view/20100320n02777

==============

[iNTERVIEW] "High Kick 2" Actress Yoo In-na

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.ht...031913111216126

"I was chosen? Thank you so much," is was what Yoo In-na said after receiving news she was selected as our next interviewee. The public have started to become curious about her, not just because of her role in MBC sitcom "High Kick 2," but because they are curious to find out more about this actress whose popularity has been increasing. She had been in training under her agency YG Entertainment for over a year to make her acting debut at the not-so-young age of 27 so we asked her the recent change in her life means to her.

2010031913111216126_1.jpg

Actress Yoo In-na [Lee Jin-hyuk/10Asia]

10: Your popularity right now is uncomparably high from when you first made your debut. Do you get treated differently for that? Boy band 2AM said their meals have changed since reaching No.1 on music programs.

Yoo In-na (Yoo): (laugh) I don't think I have done anything yet to measure up to the title of No. 1, so my meals are still the same. Something that has changed since my debut is that I have become more avaricious. As the public becomes more interested in me, I feel like that I have to be better and have more skills. I think that now I have to study and work harder in the things that I wasn't able to do in the past. I am much happier but my responsibilities have increased as well.

10: What is it that you so want to learn?

Yoo: First of all, I want to learn a foreign language. I am not the best but I have a lot of interest in languages including Korean. As much as I like it, I don't know much about it because it's a hard field to study. I really want to start studying Korean, English and Japanese. And I want to learn how to play musical instruments, try various sports and dances, watch all kinds of movies and read numerous books. I want to become the kind of actress that has learned everything and is capable of doing anything so that the casting director won't doubt my abilities and wonder "Do you think she'll be able to do that?"

10: Speaking of books, your co-star Gwang-soo mentioned that people who read lots of books speak differently and he mentioned you as an example. Do you normally like reading books?

Yoo: I like to read but if it is a difficult book I stop reading it because I get bored and sleepy. The reason I like books is because it allows me to take a glimpse into other peoples' lives. And that's different from acting. With acting, I have to become someone other than me and that's difficult since I've lived my life as myself for a long time now and there are set things that happen to me everyday. But once I open a book, I forget about myself and become a part of another world and meet new characters. That's the fun part.

10: You mentioned that you like to read and watch movies. When you have to act out characters that are different from your usual self, do you tend to rely on the scripts to analyze and portray the character? There was an episode where you played a crazy lady and you portrayed the role of Yeo-il from the movie "Welcome to Dongmakgol" perfectly.

Yoo: I know there are many different sides to me so I try to bring them out. When I am away from the spotlight, there are other parts to me such as a rougher, dirtier and weaker In-na. But for the scene where I act as a mad woman, the director wanted me to act like Yeo-il from the movie and I didn't have much time because of my tight schedule so I watched the film for just about an hour to practice what Kang Hye-jung did before going into shoot. I didn't want to be a complete copy so I tried to change up my expression but Kang pulled off the role so perfectly that even when I tried something new, it wouldn't work. So for those who have seen it they would say, "Were you trying to be Yeo-il from Dongmakgol?" and I would think to myself, "That's exactly what I was going for."

2010031913111216126_2.jpg

10: When it comes to acting, do you get a lot of motivation from your fellow "High Kick 2" cast members?

Yoo: Everyone knows Jin Ji-hee is a great child actress but to me, it seems that she really gets immersed in her role -- she has not distracting thoughts and hence her acting is pure -- rather than her technique being good. That's why instead of thinking that I want to learn her acting technique, I just think "Wow! She really feels what's going on and becomes Hae-ri."And I am in awe when I see Jung Bo-suk. He can be a bit on the edge but it's amazing to see how he can act completely idiotic yet goes back to being his dignified self when the scene is shot. Other senior actors like Lee Soon-jae and Kim Ja-ok are just completely beyond us.

10: "High Kick 2" must have more meaning to you other than the fact that you made your debut through it.

Yoo: I've been very lucky. I think getting to work with director Kim Byung-wook, whether it's your first time or not, is luck for any actor. I am proud of myself for getting chosen by the director who is known as the 'genius of casting' and I thank him for it. Like I mentioned before I am learning so much. Also, I have become closer to my fellow cast mates and created a bond with them. I am thankful for this too.

10: With the final episode of "High Kick 2" just around the corner, the next step you take as an actor will be important. In that sense, having played the character of In-na who has such a distinct voice and personality could rather become an obstacle for you.

Yoo: I am very worried about what will happen after the show is over. One of my concerns was my voice which I've slowly begun to love because the viewers loved it but I'm worried about that too. My voice is bit whiny to play the leading female in a sad love story. I use my real voice for my role as In-na in the show but I try to match it towards the kind of character that she is, so I could also be able to sound like an anchorwoman by practicing my vocalization and change the tone. I was moved when I saw actress Song Ji-hyo acting and speaking in a low-pitched voice for the movie "A Frozen Flower." I think if you're an actor, your voice should be able to change like that too. When it comes to style, that too depends on the person and how they want to dress themselves. My stylist tells me that how I act is what changes me. Maybe for my next project I can play the simple kind of underdog so if there are any directors looking for that kind of actress, hire me. (laugh)

10: Are you the type of person that believes that you can overcome anything if you work towards it?

Yoo: Yes I do. You can overcome anything with effort and what you can't overcome with effort, you can overcome with a positive mind. If there is a certain role I can't play even if I've tried, then I'll tell myself that there are roles that I can play but others can't so I'll try to stay positive and find another way.

10: You made your debut ten years after deciding to become an actress. What helped you to endure the wait?

Yoo: No, it's the opposite. I didn't work hard because I had any certainty but the assurance I had was the effort and hard work that I was putting into achieving it. My mother would always tell me to set new goals every three days.

2010031913111216126_3.jpg

10: If you could go back to the time before you became an actress, would you go the same path or follow a different one?

Yoo: I don't think I would follow the same steps. It was okay when it gets hard and because of those hardships I was able to have gained many things but I wish I would have started younger because then I would have been able to have play different roles. People age naturally and even though I would like to play that role, I wouldn't be able to. If I could only turn back time to five years ago, I could have done more roles... but if I think about that, there is no end to it. If I made my debut at 35, I would have wished to have started at the age of 28.

10: So what did you gain from making your debut a bit late? What are the advantages?

Yoo: I think about that a lot. If I was 20-years-old and I was in a difficult situation, I would probably cry or complain about it. But the 29-year-old me gets over a problem by telling myself what situation I'm in and how I should handles that situation. I see the world as a more relaxed place now.

10: Honestly, the important thing is not how early you start working but how long you last in the business. You mentioned that you wanted to work as long as Lee Soon-jae and build up on your resume. If you received the lifetime achievement award what would you say?

Yoo: I'm not sure if it was Mr. Lee Soon-jae who said it but one of the senior actors who previously received the award mentioned, "I think the only reason I was given this award is because I am old. But thanks anyways." At that moment, I felt that it is about the amount of experience, in years, that someone has. I would probably say, "I believe you gave me the award because I am old but I feel that for many years you have watched me act so please continue to watch."

10: That kind of the life experience means you're growing not only as an actor but also on a personal level too. Do you want to become a good actress and person at the same time while you're on this job?

Yoo: I have a greater urge to become a better person. Since I am in the public's eye, I shouldn't lead a life making mistakes. I want people to think they would like to become like me because of my great personality. That is why I feel I should lead a good life.

Guest joon813

idk if this might solve our problem here about the SeKyung and JiHoon dying.

when the new reporter is reporting about the 4 killed and 20 injured, on the television set, they had images of the accident.

MAYBE if someone can verify that is JiHoon's car?

im not saying it is. i was just wondering.

Guest revengeoftheflowers

I just watched the final episode. Oh my gosh...I actually enjoyed it????? I THINK?! I DON'T KNOW. I'M SO CONFUSED. Like in my gut, I should hate it, because I AM ALL ABOUT JUNSE JUNSE JUNSE JUNSE JUNSE JUNSE JUNSE.

But I am also an art freak and I love a great artistic ending, and in that regards, this ending was phenomenally beautiful and well-produced.

I JUST DON'T KNOW.

To solve this, they should have given us three endings. An artistic tragic ending (which we have I suppose), a bittersweet ending rooted in reality, and then a HAPPY HAPPY ENDING that is TRUE to the actual storyline with 5 special episodes and a movie following devoted to the marriage of JunSe and JiJung.

THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN FAIR.

but yes i suppose i really loved what they gave us. aesthetically, poetically, and thematically, it was a oh so divine ending..... :ph34r:

Guest Mishxmish

i think the ending could have been more bearable if 3 years later wasnt there... like the conversation between jungeum and junhyuk wasnt shown...

i'm so sad... mayan~ all that crying and fussing for this ending... T.T

Guest jelly_pudding

wow.. the ending was really not that great.. =/

i seriously was kind of shocked.. on how it ended..

it was more like a drama than a sitcom?

just my opinion

there's a report somewhere which mentioned that the death of sekyung was suggested by the actress herself.

I just read that article. She said something along the lines of since Se Kyung is eternally unhappy, I want her to die at the end. She's been begging the PD three months before to have Se Kyung die at the end of the sitcom.

Girlfriend is crazzzzy.

Guest *Luminde

I actually had trouble coming to terms with the ending (lol, my spastic ragepost shows that best) so I watched the last episode again. I still didn't really get it, so I watched from about 5 episodes back, when they started wrapping everything up.. And I have to say, I think, as sad as the ending was, that it fits.

I only took all the characters at face value, and because I was so used to happy endings in dramas, I was expecting a favourable ending for everyone.

But as I watched the JiHoon/SeKyung scenes, I started to understand what sort of person JiHoon really was. Like jazzer said, he may have the well-paying job, along with a respectable family to boot, but he was.. a coward. Because his sister's so strong-willed, and his environment along with his own sense of self, he couldn't bring himself to see what he felt for SeKyung for what it was. He kept telling himself it wasn't love, and if it is, it's wrong and he should stop right now.

When they were in the car together, and I listened to SeKyung speaking (when I'd calmed down), and I completely agree with what jazzer said. She's such a strong person, and embraced what JiHoon couldn't. She may not have graduated high school, and she can almost never spoil herself, but she realised that to love someone doesn't mean it'll always work out.

I think the ending really shows us a slice of life. Not literally, you know, with car crashes ending every happy moment, but in a deeper sense. And now I can appreciate it... in a sad, depressed sort of way. Lmao xD

Yeaah, I feel horrible for JunHyuk (ㅠㅠ; My beloved JunSe couple!), and JungEum's lost two loves to death now. But life isn't rainbows and sunshine, and I think that's part of what the PD tried to show at the end.

All in all.. I'll ALWAYS feel bad for JunHyuk & JungEum, but I'm glad JiHoon & SeKyung shared their 'moment'. It's a little bit like what you feel when you've finished Wuthering Heights. Hahahaha xD

Guest KatieAmoreAmo

anyone care to explain the so called "ghost-theory" about se kyung?

I don't see how if the paper said born in 1989 and 1990 means that she is a ghost.......

Guest sabchy

funny how everyone sees SK as a strong character. I dont

The fact that she told Jihoon how she felt- It was only when she had nothing to lose. She was leaving.

for 125 episodes she never dared to tell him how she felt.

I dont think Jihoon loved her. I think he was more like a guardian angel to her. So when she told him in the car how

she felt he couldnt believe how blind he was. He never knew. Just like he never knew what JungEum was going through.

For me JungEum is the strongest character. Because no matter what she has been through she was strong enough to

keep everyone around her happy. While SK walked around with the same pale expression all the time, the - I have been through a lot- face, JE didnt let anyone know.

maybe its because Im JE fan and I didnt like SK, not even for a minute, that my opinion is like that.

maybe PD made the ending that way so everyone would talk about it for some time. Happy ending would be forgotten quickly haha

Guest softycadence

now i get why Sekyung and Junhyuk's characters cried so much at the end of episode 125...thought they shed those tears cuz they didnt want to say goodbye but i bet it was cuz the actor's knew what was coming up in episode 126...they knew what was going to happen to their characters and that is why they were able to cry so much - bet some of those tears were for their fans and how awful we would feel watching this crappy ending. they must feel bad for us too - come on - you dont play those roles and not care about the ending - bet some of the cast hated this ending as much as us (except for sekyung maybe if the rumors are true about her wanting to kill off her character -twisted girl).

Guest dori dori

K. I don't really write on this forum anymore. But I'm so john teshin pissed. Like beyond words. Like literally, what the john tesh? I just wasted 6-7 months, 125 episodes for this

"beautiful tragic" ending. john teshin mini cooper.

Koreans and their twisted idealistic dramatic minds.

Yea i get it. I get the whole, deep themes, deeper meaning of love etc, ya I get it , really I do. It was a "beautiful" ending in a tragic sense and the whole wishing time would stop, and the two in love and realizing it blahblah.

Great I get it.

BUT COME THE john tesh ON IT'S A john teshIN SITCOME.

WAS THIS NECESSARY? mini cooper.

wasted my TIME.

Why couldn't the PD just

MADE IT HAPPY AND GOOD.

"life isn't always happy and good" ya ya ya

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The PD OBVIOUSLY made a HUGE mistake-- made JUNGEUM and JIHOON wayyyy to convincing and cute that they were in love.

ugh.

NO MORE KOREAN DRAMAS. THIS WAS LIKE A SIGN FROM GOD TO STOP GETTING ADDICTED TO SO MANY DRAMAS AND TO STUDY LMAO

FUKCK john teshjohn teshUK

I'm so pissed and i'm not gonna watch the final episode since i already heard about the stupid ending.

What a twist!!! and i thought i'm watching a comedy.......... what is wrong with the screenwriter? SERIOUSLY...

I'm just gonna treat ep 125 as the final episode, it was a wonderful sitcom until JiJung broke up and all those crap came along. At first when i read the characters intro, i thought JE's character will annoy me and SK's character will be my favorite but it turns out the other way...

Anyways, i'm not gonna watch anything from this screenwriter again, i got my lesson through this...

prefer the original HK much more... because the ending was so much better in the first HK

Maybe i'll not be so pissed if the writer didn't make Jijung couple SO lovable.. i feel like i wasted my time for 125 episodes...

I just read that article. She said something along the lines of since Se Kyung is eternally unhappy, I want her to die at the end. She's been begging the PD three months before to have Se Kyung die at the end of the sitcom.

Girlfriend is crazzzzy.

omg. i hope shi yoon doesn't fall for her in real life. tho they look so cute together. :ph34r:

I just hope to see Shin Se Kyung in a future femme fatal role! I think she would be great in one.

I'm worried for Jung Eum's future roles though. She did soo many crazy and hilarious things, as well as demonstrate her fine set skills of tragic acting. She is an amazing actress with a great range, but I hope this role isn't her peak. Because the character was written so outrageously, she'll have a hard time topping this one. She might want to opt for a darker and edgier role to provide an image change.

Guest sleep_walkerz

aaaaaa.....im usualli a silent reader but the last episode totally richard simmons me off~

like most of soompiers said, its a sitcom, but for da whole 2 weeks, its been so dramatic and sad ( i'll forgive them if they giv me a good ending though...but insted... = =)

n for god sake, if sekyung dont come to like junhyuk in the end, DONT MAKE HER ACCEPT HIS KISS !

the whole process made me anticipated to see a better ending whr she might start to appreciate the only ONE who really support her during her hard times ( not the one hu jz feeding her off with money or material) .....n i'll repeat again, if she still doenst learn to love junhyuk...then DONT LET HIM KISS HER!!!!..........she can at least try to avoid or reject it~.

and jungeum..doesnt god(OR PD) pity her for taking her loves one twice!?!... i would say she deserve love more thn sekyung actualli, yet ........sigh.......

im thought by watching the final ep i can concentrate on my hmwork, but it just kill my whole mood off~ i'll go to bed now...THANK YOU pd fr wasting my tears fr ntg~....

Archived