[Sitcom 2009] Highkick Through The Roof 지붕 뚫고 하이킥

Guest yeohweping

Guest june1ov3

wow fmylife. i can't believe this ended like that. there HAS to be like a special or something, an extra episode or something. that was way too much in a short 20 min period. i thought this was a 예능 (entertainment) show. i mean it's even in the 예능 category on imbc.com AND it was in the entertainment awards show.... so shouldn't the end be 예능 too? akdfjalsjdflkasjdflkajsdfkljsafd :( i am too disappointed, i mean i like how they were going for the dramatic and whatnot, but it was just badly executed =T if they ever make a high kick 3...zomgggg, if they do something like this again, imma have to boycott mbc.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cocoa

Does anyone have a photo of the painting Se Kyung was looking at? I can't remember what it looked like.

I really wish they had wrapped up some of the storylines, such as:

What happened to Hyun Kyung's pregnancy

Did Bo Suk really become that obscenely wealthy businessman like the "time traveler" said he would (haha)

Did Inna find success as a singer?

What happened to Julien? Gwang Soo?

How is Shinae and her dad doing now?

I will cherish the laughter and tears this show brought, and every almost single episode (except for the last 10 minutes of the finale, which, in my mind, didn't happen). The actors were fantastic, especially the little ones. Comparing Jung Eum's acting in Winter Bird (2007, they're airing it on tv again), she has really flourished as an actor and no longer sounds like a robot.

I wonder if the PD and the writers will release some kind of statement about the finale. I can't wait to read it -_-.

I've been pondering this ending for hours now because it is so disturbing and agitating. At first I was so angry and speechless, all I could do was laugh at the ridiculousness of the whole thing. I couldn't understand why the PD would decide to kill off Sekyung after all the trials and tribulations of her life. Wasn't it bad enough that she has no high school education, works as a housekeeper for a crazy family for 600 bucks a month, and loves a man who (supposedly) doesn't love her back?

Plus, isn't this a sitcom?

But I just read someone's post on Naver, and I'm starting to change my mind. I don't LIKE the ending, but I'm beginning to understand it, in a weird twisted way.

Just remember that the characters, despite the laidback and comical perspective of the majority of this sitcom, are three dimensional. That means, Sekyung won't necessary get her happy ending because she's the pitiful, good girl. Junhyuk won't get his love because he's the sweetest guy ever. Jungeum's got more to her than name brands and cute shoes. And as for Jihoon, love isn't limited to one person nor one kind.

Now, before any JiJung couples throw rocks at me, I know that as viewers of Korean dramas, we have this misguided preconception in our heads that we can only love one person. We've been taught this in not just Korean dramas, but by dramas, movies and books all over the world. But life's not so black and white when you get down to it.

I believe Jihoon loved both girls.

There's the girl who makes him laugh and it's comfortable to be around her. Then there's the girl that makes him uncomfortable - in that "I can't get her out of my head, she gets under my skin" sort of way. I imagine at first it was pity. Poor, poor girl who has nowhere to go and a sister to look after. Poor, poor girl who doesn't buy the things she needs for herself because she can't waste money. Poor, poor girl who's too afraid to go after what she wants. He ends up watching her, looking after her in a way that's different from the way he looks at Jungeum. Jungeum makes him laugh; Sekyung worries him and so he keeps looking at her.

I think this week's episodes proved that there was more going on for Jihoon than we suspected. He asks Sekyung to stay and he even starts to mention that he wants to hold her back, but he never finishes that sentence. In the end, he limited himself and his feelings by stating aloud to others, "She's our housekeeper." There are lines drawn here (which he drew himself, ironically), and he can't bring himself to cross those lines. That's his personality. He's the type of guy to tell Sekyung to climb the ladder rungs of society; he's not the type to disregard such rungs and go against the tide.

So did he really care for Sekyung? Yes. In the same way he cared for Jungeum? No.

Like I said, Jungeum's the one who gives him peace. Sekyung's the one who stirs him up.

In the final moments when Sekyung finally confesses her feelings, I think Jihoon has an epiphany. This girl he's been pitying all this time (and that pity has turned into a kind of love he can't bring himself to acknowledge), is not a girl he should be pitying after all. She's matured, and she's accepted her lot in life - it may not be a happy one, but she's come to terms with her life and the love she harbors that can never be. She concludes, "I realize now that when you love someone, you don't necessarily have to be with that person."

In that moment, Jihoon realizes that she has broken through the "roof" (ceiling) that confines her. While he still struggles. Because his personality, his family (aka, his sister), societal circumstances all stop him from breaking through his own roof and admitting that he loves Sekyung.

"I wish time would stop right now," Sekyung says, perfectly mirroring the secret thoughts that Jihoon has. Because this moment when Sekyung has broken free of what binds her and Jihoon seriously considers doing the same, is the very moment in which both are happy and honest - without thought of consequence and whatnot. And a philosopher once said that every moment in life, in a poetic sense, is eternal.

So did the two have to die? Was it truly necessary?

Yes, if the PD is attempting to achieve what I think he is. Which is to give his two favored characters their perfect moment of bliss and make it last forever (in a metaphorical sense as well as in the minds of the viewers as this is the last frame we see). If he were to let them go on with their lives, then their lives would only go "downhill" (again, in a metaphorical sense) because they've already hit their perfect moment. It's like watching your children roll down a hill with no prospect of them ever hitting the acme again.

Perhaps I'm thinking too hard, and perhaps the PD is too idealistic. Either way, I think I've come to terms with the ending, in my own little way.

PS. Junhyuk (and Haeri) FTW!

Guest Jennie

You can't say that how it ended is a JiSe ending, the way the PD wanted. I don't really see how that can be possible, the fact that they died together, which is something we are still thinking. I doubt that JiSe ran away together, since it's in possible. The man thing, Ji Hoon did by the ring and we all know that ring is not for SeKyung. So just because SeKyung admitted her feelings for Ji Hoon, it doesn't really mean Ji Hoon will throw that commitment to Jung Eum and have a JiSe ending.

Like I said, I still am sticking to my coma thing. I am all about the face expression. And if both are not in a coma than Ji Hoon is the only one in the coma. Someone pointed out a very good analysis of Jung Eum and JunHyuk when they had their talk. Between the sadnest look, it seems as if the person who could have died is SeKyung because JunHyuk looks the saddness and lost. While Jung Eum is very calm. And it's possible for coma to last longer than 3 years. It's all about waiting when that person will wake up.

Guest holymolysmokeys

wow jazzer...

after i finished watching the last episode, i knew ppl on this forum were gonna get crazy since the ending was so unexpected... so i wanted to come and write my take on it, but jazzer, you've beat me to it.... you totally wrote it the way i saw it, if not better... :)

Guest cocoa

If you guys are reading the analysis of bloggers on naver - if you look closely at Se Kyung's exam form, the previous one had her birth year as 1989, but on the one she left on Jun Hyuk's desk, it says 1990.

They're saying that was a sign - plus, Se Kyung mentioned she had a little sister born in 1990 who passed away (I don't remember her mentioning that, when was it?).

I wonder if that was a mistake or intentional? They did zoom into it enough for us to read the numbers.

Haha, Shin Se Kyung Ghost theory - is the number 1 most searched topic right now.

Guest jjowah

jazzer. i love your interpretation. it made me think more about it too.

I agree that Jihoon loved both girls ..but both gave me different kind's of love.. as you said.. one peace (jungeum)..and the other goosebumps (sekyung).

and as i also mentioned in my previous posts, there are kinds of societal notions going on in this drama that are blinded by comic relief. jihoon and sekyung have an age difference, and complete opposite social positions- he's a doctor and sole son in a rich family..he has to keep his social status..sekyung as the house keeper did not even go to school and is her family's breadwinner. a lot of viewers got used to sekyung being the live in house keeper..and a lot of times her character was like a prop against the family's issues and conversations. as are most housekeepers in korean households, her and her sister were undervalued and treated "differently" by the family...when sekyung tells jihoon that one of the reasons why she decided to emmigrate was that she saw a change in shinae. shinae started to become sensitive and more aware of her poverty and place in the house..i think when you realize the change in shinae from living isolated in the mountains to assimilating herself into society. you ask yourself..was she better off with her sister and father in the woods? the lighthearted atmosphere of the show, the funny stupidity, the innocent characters..they really succeed in letting the viewer forget that this show has its own flaws. when sekyung finally lets her mouth do the talking.. everyone stops and listens..

Jihoon's EPIPHANY as jazzer calls it.. was beautiful. and i like how you used the word epiphany to describe his reaction.

and when he looks at her after shes says she wishes time could stop, you said he was thinking the same thing. that of course, is an interpretation..that is left for ones own consideration.. i never thought of it this way though..and i think i want to lean towards it.

through all the kdramas ive see, there are a few character relationships that are so deep and meaningful..they make you think long after the drama has ended... those dramas are "alone in love" (sonyejin & kam woosung's characters), "my sweet seoul" (choi kanghee & lee sunkyun's characters).. "90 days to live" (kang jihwan & kimhaneul's character), "christmas in december" (gosoo and han yeseul's characters) "Piano" (all of the characters actually in this drama..were so complex)..this is the first a sitcom has given me the opportunity to examine love and all its dimensions and facets...especially with jihoon and sekyung..

I've been pondering this ending for hours now because it is so disturbing and agitating. At first I was so angry and speechless, all I could do was laugh at the ridiculousness of the whole thing. I couldn't understand why the PD would decide to kill off Sekyung after all the trials and tribulations of her life. Wasn't it bad enough that she has no high school education, works as a housekeeper for a crazy family for 600 bucks a month, and loves a man who (supposedly) doesn't love her back?

Plus, isn't this a sitcom?

But I just read someone's post on Naver, and I'm starting to change my mind. I don't LIKE the ending, but I'm beginning to understand it, in a weird twisted way.

Just remember that the characters, despite the laidback and comical perspective of the majority of this sitcom, are three dimensional. That means, Sekyung won't necessary get her happy ending because she's the pitiful, good girl. Junhyuk won't get his love because he's the sweetest guy ever. Jungeum's got more to her than name brands and cute shoes. And as for Jihoon, love isn't limited to one person nor one kind.

Now, before any JiJung couples throw rocks at me, I know that as viewers of Korean dramas, we have this misguided preconception in our heads that we can only love one person. We've been taught this in not just Korean dramas, but by dramas, movies and books all over the world. But life's not so black and white when you get down to it.

I believe Jihoon loved both girls.

There's the girl who makes him laugh and it's comfortable to be around her. Then there's the girl that makes him uncomfortable - in that "I can't get her out of my head, she gets under my skin" sort of way. I imagine at first it was pity. Poor, poor girl who has nowhere to go and a sister to look after. Poor, poor girl who doesn't buy the things she needs for herself because she can't waste money. Poor, poor girl who's too afraid to go after what she wants. He ends up watching her, looking after her in a way that's different from the way he looks at Jungeum. Jungeum makes him laugh; Sekyung worries him and so he keeps looking at her.

I think this week's episodes proved that there was more going on for Jihoon than we suspected. He asks Sekyung to stay and he even starts to mention that he wants to hold her back, but he never finishes that sentence. In the end, he limited himself and his feelings by stating aloud to others, "She's our housekeeper." There are lines drawn here (which he drew himself, ironically), and he can't bring himself to cross those lines. That's his personality. He's the type of guy to tell Sekyung to climb the ladder rungs of society; he's not the type to disregard such rungs and go against the tide.

So did he really care for Sekyung? Yes. In the same way he cared for Jungeum? No.

Like I said, Jungeum's the one who gives him peace. Sekyung's the one who stirs him up.

In the final moments when Sekyung finally confesses her feelings, I think Jihoon has an epiphany. This girl he's been pitying all this time (and that pity has turned into a kind of love he can't bring himself to acknowledge), is not a girl he should be pitying after all. She's matured, and she's accepted her lot in life - it may not be a happy one, but she's come to terms with her life and the love she harbors that can never be. She concludes, "I realize now that when you love someone, you don't necessarily have to be with that person."

In that moment, Jihoon realizes that she has broken through the "roof" (ceiling) that confines her. While he still struggles. Because his personality, his family (aka, his sister), societal circumstances all stop him from breaking through his own roof and admitting that he loves Sekyung.

"I wish time would stop right now," Sekyung says, perfectly mirroring the secret thoughts that Jihoon has. Because this moment when Sekyung has broken free of what binds her and Jihoon seriously considers doing the same, is the very moment in which both are happy and honest - without thought of consequence and whatnot. And a philosopher once said that every moment in life, in a poetic sense, is eternal.

So did the two have to die? Was it truly necessary?

Yes, if the PD is attempting to achieve what I think he is. Which is to give his two favored characters their perfect moment of bliss and make it last forever (in a metaphorical sense as well as in the minds of the viewers as this is the last frame we see). If he were to let them go on with their lives, then their lives would only go "downhill" (again, in a metaphorical sense) because they've already hit their perfect moment. It's like watching your children roll down a hill with no prospect of them ever hitting the acme again.

Perhaps I'm thinking too hard, and perhaps the PD is too idealistic. Either way, I think I've come to terms with the ending, in my own little way.

PS. Junhyuk (and Haeri) FTW!

Guest xheartsparklex

I'm so pissed. I don't want a full length detail about the "deep meaning" in today's ending. Seriously? This is a sitcom. I want a happy sitcom ending. This totally ruined my whole weekend.

Guest bluecolorlover12

I hated the ending!! I mean how could they do that? It's a sitcom and they didn't resolve Hyunkyungs pregnancy. I have to say I was looking forward to Junhyuk and Sekyung but I liked Haeri and Shinaes scenes 1 million times better!! Also I heard that the picture in the beginning of every episode symbolizes their death/unhappiness. On the first ep I was actually pondering why everybody was black and white and not jaok, sunjae, bosuk, and hyunkyung. If you look at it, it makes sense in the symbolism terms, cuz Julian is losing sekyung and shinae the people he loves alot, gwangsoo and inna have to deal with long distance relationship, haeri loses her best friend, and obviously the junse and jijoong don't end up. On the other hand bosuk becomes president in the future, jaok and sunjae get married and hyunkyung I guess is just the same plus the pregnancy. All in all the worst ending ever! And I thought that secret of Keu Keu island was bad, this was worse. How could they end it like that?!? Ughhh but the next sitcom looks alright. Anyways I think some of their episodes were a waste and shouldve used them with more essential useful episodes that resolved the problems.. I actually like the first highkick ending I mean it was open ended but it was a positive one because the teacher and yunho met, but here it's a negative open ending....arggghhhh!!!

I hated the ending!! I mean how could they do that? It's a sitcom and they didn't resolve Hyunkyungs pregnancy. I have to say I was looking forward to Junhyuk and Sekyung but I liked Haeri and Shinaes scenes 1 million times better!! Also I heard that the picture in the beginning of every episode symbolizes their death/unhappiness. On the first ep I was actually pondering why everybody was black and white and not jaok, sunjae, bosuk, and hyunkyung. If you look at it, it makes sense in the symbolism terms, cuz Julian is losing sekyung and shinae the people he loves alot, gwangsoo and inna have to deal with long distance relationship, haeri loses her best friend, and obviously the junse and jijoong don't end up. On the other hand bosuk becomes president in the future, jaok and sunjae get married and hyunkyung I guess is just the same plus the pregnancy. All in all the worst ending ever! And I thought that secret of Keu Keu island was bad, this was worse. How could they end it like that?!? Ughhh but the next sitcom looks alright. Anyways I think some of their episodes were a waste and shouldve used them with more essential useful episodes that resolved the problems.. I actually like the first highkick ending I mean it was open ended but it was a positive one because the teacher and yunho met, but here it's a negative open ending....arggghhhh!!!

Guest russkelp

I'm sure that the H1N1 virus problem which caused a week without shows affected the ending shows.

Instead of 133, we got 126 episodes.

I really liked this show and won't let the last few minutes of the final show destroy

the pleasure I had watching the show. It was a really well written and acted show.

The last episode had a surreal quality, even though I spoiled myself and knew the ending before

I watched it, I really was sad watching it, not just because of the ending but also the fact that I

would not have this show to look forward to anymore.

I don't know if the writers, cast or PD's will comment on the show, but I would be interested in

why they ended the show the way they did.

Guest yongieee

You can't say that how it ended is a JiSe ending, the way the PD wanted. I don't really see how that can be possible, the fact that they died together, which is something we are still thinking. I doubt that JiSe ran away together, since it's in possible. The man thing, Ji Hoon did by the ring and we all know that ring is not for SeKyung. So just because SeKyung admitted her feelings for Ji Hoon, it doesn't really mean Ji Hoon will throw that commitment to Jung Eum and have a JiSe ending.

I never said it was a happy JiSe ending (If that's what the PD wanted). But It was a JiSe ending, meaning that in the end, it was their story. The ending showed how they were brought together by fate and how they ended up dying together. Trust me, if anyone wanted Jihoon and Jungeum together, it was me. And I'm sure the ring was for Jungeum, but you can't deny that the ending was about JiSe.

I think someone requested this picture?

20100320002629193h1_002822_0.jpg

Guest 미쌩908

I really love jazzer's interpretation because jazzer is right. There were many themes and issues that ran underside the comedy, but first and foremost, this show was still a sitcom, and thus should've ended as a sitcom.

I think most of us are angry, not because we didn't get our happy ending, but rather that this ending and the 125 episodes we have seen so far clash. I don't know how to factor this ending into the 125 episodes I've seen so far.

It's nice that the producer or writer tried to convey a message, and was even artistic in an idealistic sense, but the way the whole thing was carried out wasn't in any way artistic. If he wanted to convey a serious message, then he should've worked on a serious drama that brought out these themes and issues, but with a sitcom, we expect some sort of satisfactory ending, not some revelation.

It's classified as a sitcom, or "situational comdey" for a reason. Had this maybe been any other drama where the society issues and such were the main topic, then I may actually love this ending, but I can't fit this ending into what the series had been previously. By ending this series the way he did, the producer/writer essentially stomped on the sitcom genre and turned the series into something else.

And because the ending is so discordant to the rest of the series and because it's so unsatisfying, the 125 episodes I've seen so far seem to be a waste because I don't have that conclusion I had been waiting for.

I don't mind having a message shining through, but to kill two of the characters I had come to know and love over the duration of 6-7 months was in my opinion, the worst thing that he could do. It felt like a betrayal and a slap in the face.

This is why I can't accept this ending no matter what the producer/writer's intentions were. It provided no conclusion except to satisfy his desire to project the messages that were threaded throughout the rest of the series. I doubt I will be watching any more Korean sitcoms after this. I haven't enjoyed any of the other sitcoms I have seen so far from this country, except for the original Highkick, and even then I felt it had many flaws.

I think the Korean writers/producers need to study what a sitcom really is because to be completely honest, I don't think they know how to write a successful sitcom.

Someone wrote this on the MBC highkick forum:

"마지막씬 하나가 여태까지 지킥 명장면 다 없던 걸로 만들었음."

Everything we've seen so far has disappeared all because of the last scene. It's so true. What about all the kiss scenes and confessing scenes? Everything we've seen so far lead in one direction, but the last ten minutes or so of the last episode just completely erases everything we've seen up to this point. That's why I feel like the last 6-7 months I spent watching this series was a waste.

The ending and the rest of the series just doesn't fit no matter how artistic the PD wants to be.

Guest Jennie

I never said it was a happy JiSe ending (If that's what the PD wanted). But It was a JiSe ending, meaning that in the end, it was their story. The ending showed how they were brought together by fate and how they ended up dying together. Trust me, if anyone wanted Jihoon and Jungeum together, it was me. And I'm sure the ring was for Jungeum, but you can't deny that the ending was about JiSe.

Sorry yongieee for the wrong interpretation. But I understand,if anything, I know you are a big JiJung fan just like me. And I am with you on this, I think the final scene of JiSe is indeed about them and not about JunSe or JiJung. It's about finding a closure of what was never revealed to Ji Hoon about SeKyung's feeling for him. But really, it really sucked how they played out though. But anyhow, I think after watching the final episode, here is what I think, since it's an open ending, although tragic, but open to all of us to interpret it.

Interpretation #1: Death, which I think that is what everybody finds is the final ending. What is the PD trying to say, the two who love each other should die together? I think that is crap if that is what he is trying to tell us. First of all, if he was to find that, then you know what? Don't work too hard on filming such a wonderful episode 125 for JunSe couple. I have to admit, that kiss and the scenery was very beautiful, but for a sitcom, why tragic ending like this? Since a lot of us are seeing death, I am not going to put to much thoughts into this idea BECAUSE I REFUSED TO ACCEPT that death is the only outcome here.

Interpretation #2: Coma. I know have talked a lot about it, but a minority of us, do think that either Ji Hoon and SeKyung (and maybe both) are in a coma. I believe this is the scenario. Like I said to my post earlier, 3 years later, who took this the hardest? Jung Eum or JunHyun? At least you can see Jung Eum still have a smile in her face when talking about Ji Hoon, maybe she still have Ji Hoon with her, but just in a coma. Just like what Jung Eum said, had Ji Hoon have stayed in the hospital and not go with SeKyung, than this would have not happen to him. Yes, we can implied death, but what is the point of only talking about Ji Hoon only? And we know when Jung Eum cried, she cries like a bucket, but she took this more better than JunHyun. When JungHyun was walking with Jung Eum and she mentioned SeKyung, he got emotional and cried, as if he lost his love. Again, Jung Eum was still strong.

"I wish time…would stop for a moment.”

I think at the end, even though SeKyung could not have Ji Hoon, but she was granted that one moment with Ji Hoon in the car and that was the final scene. Yes, it turned black and white, but most drama's at the end of the final scene of the drama, they do have a black and white scene too, to let the viewers know that it's over. But I seriously think, that final sentence do have a meaning and I think that was what it was meant to be, but it's just that tragic occurred. If death is implied, then don't say "moment" say something else and say like "I wish time....would stop". But why add "a moment"?

All in all, I am still very upset because the outcome was a shocker. I invest a lot of my time to wake up early and go home to watch this sitcom just to make one stupid episode ruined everything that all the actors and actress and the stuff worked hard in. And it really wouldn't matter if it's 133 episode or 126, I think the ending would still be the same. Seriously, the PD and the writing stuff just really didn't put too much time into working out this final episode. I almost feel like, ok, I am tired of all of this couple shipper, let's pick 1 of each couples and make it a tragic open ending. I think that is what they came up with. I truly think, the PD should just come out and explain to us what he wanted for us viewers to know, cause based on what I read and me watching this, I have no idea want the point he is trying to get across. Because even right now, i don't even know what point the PD is trying to come across.

I almost think this ending is close as What happen in Bali...tragic ending, except this one is more of an open ending.

My overall thoughts of this sitcom? Yesterday it gave me so much hope that it is one of the best sitcom/Korean drama I ever watched because I can sense a happy ending for both couples. But today, knowing that there will no more High Kick, I will put this as a ok sitcom because the ending ruin everything. High Kick is Not the best and not the worst because I enjoyed watching it at some point and I can't just hate the sitcom overall because of the stupid ending. I will just watch from ep.1 to the ep. 119. as it will be my memory of High Kick and of course my Haeri if I want too, which I will. I seriously never focused too much on SeKyung because I hated how she avoided Junhyun feelings until one episode and that was ep. 125 and she cries too much, so I totally avoided her.

If any, if I were to redo this again, I would just have ep. 125 as the final ending because it was just beautiful how Junhyun just kissed her. They can just add an extra 10 mins into ep. 125 and that would be find. And then have Jung Eum and Ji Hoon sit down and clear everything out and hold hands.

As a JiJung fan, I just hope that Daniel and Jung Eum will either have a CF, Drama, or movie together because I think they are just perfect as a couple.

Guest jjowah

well kim byung wook..김병욱pd님 is famous and good at he does for a reason.. he does not make sitcoms just so people could laugh and be amused for 30 minutes every day. and i think it's innovative that a sitcom can bring up all these real life problems in korea..

this is a netizen's reaction that was posted on cyworld . kind of like jazzer's.. but adds a little more about the role of the sitcom..

저도 보고나서 왜 결말이 이런건지 잠시 경악을 금치 못했지만... 김병욱 피디의 성향이 극현실주의적 보수주의자인지라, 현실 속에서는 결국 행복을 이루기 힘들다는 생각을 했던 것이 아닐까 싶네요. 황정음과 이지훈은 결국 헤어지고, 준혁이와 세경이 역시 이뤄지기 힘들고. 김병욱 피디의 세계관은 신세경의 마지막 말들(계급이동을 노력해봤자 결국은 누군가를 밟는 한국이란 현실에 대한 '죽음 선언') 역시 정확히 반영하구요.

그래서 오히려 세경이가 지훈이가 서로의 사랑을 확인했을 때 시간을 '멈춤'으로써, 둘의 행복을 이뤄주는 아이러니를 연출한 것이 아닐까..생각합니다. 님말대로 어쩌면 이게, 김병욱이 만들어낼수 있는 그 둘의 가장 해피엔딩이었을지도.

일단 김병욱 피디의 세계관을 우리가 받으들일것인지 말것인지는 차치하고, 그는 아주 중요한 진실을 말했다고 생각해요. 뼈빠지게 일하는 신세경의 아버지가 결국은 한국에서의 삶을 포기하고 아이티로 가는 것, 겨우 겨우 자신의 편견을 극복하고 신애를 사랑할 줄 알게 된 해리가 신애와 헤어져야 하는 현실, 세경과 지훈이 계급간 격차를 무릅쓰고 사랑하는 순간대로 멈춰있기 위해서는 '죽음'을 선택해야할 지도 모른다는 그의 연출들은, 이 꾸질꾸질하고 더러운 한국의 현실이 기실 삶보다 죽음에 가깝다는 것을 방증하는 것이 아닐까요?

굳이 뱀발을 더 달자면, 삶의 해학이라 할 수 있는 '시트콤'에 있어서, 단연 국내 일인자라 할 수 있는 김병욱피디의 성향이, 사실은 시트콤과 정반대의 대척점에 서 있다는 거죠. 결국 그가 말하고자 하는 것은 비극을 통해 보는 시트콤적 희극이 아니라, 시트콤적 희극을 통해 보는 희극의 이면, 즉 다시 비극이라는 거지요. 그는 일상의 웃음을 통해 한국의 증상을 말하고자 했던 것이라 봅니다. 그리고 그 진단은, '말기암'에 가깝다는 거지요. 어설픈 결혼에 의한 해피엔딩부류의 모순을 은폐하는 드라마적 결말에 대해서 완전한 대척점에 서 있군요. 그것도 시트콤의 탈을 쓰고.

Guest DongBangShiDae

wow so many great intepretations of the ending episode of high kick

idk had to watch the ending a couple of times to sorta get it

well i think its a high chance that both died maybe when she said " i wish time would stop for a moment"

he turned around and just all of a sudden he wanted to die with her

maybe cause he feels that he loves her more than jungeum

ehh w/e i think my interpretation isnt good at all but this is what i think

would love to see wat other people think too :D

Ummmmmmmm, I haven't seen the ending, but it sounds absolutely foul, disgusting, horrible, wretched, stupid, and not good. Should I not watch episode 126, and pretend episode 125 was the ending????? LET ME KNOW MY LOVING SOOMPIers!

rest assured many PRC viewers have the same thoughts as you. I know coz I go to baidu and join in the discussions.

i rarely post now but i had to post today because the ending sucked!!!

why build everything up for 126 episodes and kill it in two minutes...?

tragic ending for a sitcom?? wtf

ditto that.

OMG SAME HERE.

I've drifted far apart from most of Korean entertainment the last few years, but loved the first high kick so I watched this one.

I AM SO ANGRY RIGHT NOW. I'm NEVER watching another sitcom again either.

same for me, my first k sitcom, and watching the live telecast for the past week, and...wtf, the ending really sucks.

I'm not gonna try to interpret the ending because I know for sure I f-in hate the ending no matter how I analyze it. It did not make sense.

It was such a cop out for actually dealing with Jihoon's love interest problem. It's not subtle, nor was it beautifully depicted. It was a makjang/banjun ending, unexpected and worse, it did not match with the original spirit of the sitcom. It was an ending purely to make fans go wild. An ending purely to create sensation.

This ending will be hard to top in terms of suckiness.

Thanks PDs and Writers, for ruining the sitcom for me.

High Kick 2 ended with Jun Hyuk and Se Kyung kissing! (in my delusional world.)

^5

Like I said, I still am sticking to my coma thing. I am all about the face expression. And if both are not in a coma than Ji Hoon is the only one in the coma. Someone pointed out a very good analysis of Jung Eum and JunHyuk when they had their talk. Between the sadnest look, it seems as if the person who could have died is SeKyung because JunHyuk looks the saddness and lost. While Jung Eum is very calm. And it's possible for coma to last longer than 3 years. It's all about waiting when that person will wake up.

about jazzer's n jennie's interpretations, that's exactly what the PD are playing us into. to resign to the fact that he is a JiSe shipper, and this is the "best" open ended ending possible.

i think it's crap, because looking at the telecast time, it's a time where people are either having dinner, or sitting down to relax after dinner. who would want such hard to digest ending after 6 months of relentless watching? a friend once said that to watch dramas is to escape from the reality and find temporary consolation in the make belief world. reality is around us all the time, why should dramas be the same too? it's ok to have real life problems portrayed in dramas, but not in the ending please. i believe most of us would still want a happy ending to assure us some hope in life.

so what if Sekyung did "kick through the roof" with her revelations and realizations, she's just making everyone's life miserable; IF jihoon lived, he can't possibly love Jungeum the same anymore, and poor Jungeum will forever have the emotional baggage of her sweet love ruined by a friend. IF sekyung lived, should it become JiSe, then how will Junhyuk face her uncle and her if they get married?

i came to the same conclusion as jennie, coz i think jihoon lived, but is in coma, and sekyung died. looking at the expressions of junhyuk and jungeum, they're different. i think the PD killing of both, or either of them is pretty irresponsible, as romantic love isn't everything in life.

i rest my case with taking 125 as the ending.

What ending are u talking about ... the ending was beautiful JunSe kiss the extremely cute scenario and everything went fine end happily ever after :rolleyes:

Yeah I´m still in denial .. as a popular mexican song say "I want to stay sleep... please don´t wake me up , cuz for this moment I still want to be in my dream" LOL

Why??? I would be sad with JiSe ending but this was just AWFUL

Archived