[Sitcom 2009] Highkick Through The Roof 지붕 뚫고 하이킥

Guest yeohweping

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just hope to see Shin Se Kyung in a future femme fatal role! I think she would be great in one.

I'm worried for Jung Eum's future roles though. She did soo many crazy and hilarious things, as well as demonstrate her fine set skills of tragic acting. She is an amazing actress with a great range, but I hope this role isn't her peak. Because the character was written so outrageously, she'll have a hard time topping this one. She might want to opt for a darker and edgier role to provide an image change.

Rumour has it that Shin Sekyung will be playing a gumiho in a Hong Sisters drama. Not quite the femme fatale role, but she's getting there.

I'm surprised at Hwang Jungeum actually. I thought Highkick was her first role, but turns out she's got a few dramas under her belt already. I'm pretty excited about her next drama Giant. It's got Jung Boseok as well and I don't think she'll be playing a funny character. I can't wait for that drama.

Guest polaris

ok what the heck? the writers must have been on crack.

craziest ending ever.

the whole entire show was all funny , hilarious, awesome.. ..and then there is that last episode that just felt like someone did a highkick to my head..no pun intended.

such a strange ending.. so disappointing.. I cant get over it.. :wacko:

if they made an alternative ending..I wish they would do a do-over and release that because right now that last episode just ruined this drama for me.

It took me a day to absorb in what happened in the last episode. When I finished it, I was so shocked, confused, and ticked at the same time. But I've calmed down. (:

To start off - what an unexpected, heavy ending. That was such an extreme ending for a family sitcom. And that's why I disliked it. As many people have already mentioned, generally - this is a beautiful ending...and honestly, the type of ending I like the most. I love endings that take analysis to figure out the true intention and meaning behind it...endings that are deep, tragic, artistic, and memorable. But that's only if the ending actually fits the rest of the series. The last episode for High Kick was so out-of-place. I understand that there were foreshadowings that led up to this ending (ex. the painting), but this is a show that families tune in together every evening to watch for laughter. The death of two main characters isn't what they're expecting to see. High Kick, for me, was something light-hearted to watch after a hard day...a stress reliever and sometimes, even a reality escape. But the last episode ruined it.

On the bright side, the PD truly has proven to us that he is a unique one. High Kick Through The Roof will most likely be remembered for its surprising ending. But I am never re-watching High Kick Through The Roof again...not because I am angry at the ending, but because the ending simply killed the series for me. Now, everytime I re-watch an episode that I liked, the ending would come back to me and the comedy in the series won't make me laugh anymore. If the PD wanted us to realize that life isn't all about smiles and laughter, he already did by showing us the constant tears of the main character, SeKyung. He didn't need to make a lovely sitcom so dark by killing her off (and I know there are people who believe that she lived, etc...but the obvious implication is death - that's what my family thought, that's what my friends thought; most viewers of the show don't think too hard about the happenings in a sitcom...what's shown is what it is). What the last episode did for me...is that it firmly allowed me to make my decision on which season was better - the first one.

So to sum it up: The ending itself was a beautiful ending. But the ending did not fit in with what it actually was...a family sitcom. I hate this heavy feeling I have in my heart everytime I think of High Kick Through The Roof now. You can say that that's what makes it unique...but that doesn't change the disappointment I have in the ending. I don't even see how we can expect a High Kick movie now.

The PD is amazing though. He's so creative and I love the way he thinks. But I don't think he knows how to differentiate between a sitcom and a drama. So I hope his next work is a drama. And if so, I will definitely watch. I'd rather have a drama with a lot of comedy...than a sitcom with...all this.

As for the characters and the lovelines - now that I think about it, it was JungEum who really showed that life isn't all about smiles and laughter (her family going broke, having to work a billion jobs, breaking up with her boyfriend, etc). She succeeded...but she lost her loved one again. My heart aches for JiJung...because they were so close to having a future (JiHoon was on his way to propose to her).

Did JiHoon love SeKyung? This is up to the viewers' interpretation once more. All the way to the ending, we do not see things from JiHoon's point-of-view. We are left to make our own interpretations of him; he remains what he was all along...an ambiguous, vague character. After realizing the extent of her love for him, he might have been sorry to cause so much pain to the girl he cared so much for as his own younger sister...and he teared up at the end. That's what crossed my mind as I watched the last episode; however, after reading other interpretations, I see that it's also possible that JiHoon realized his supressed feelings for SeKyung at the last moment. If that's the case, it is truly heart-breaking.

But a happy ending for everyone is what I wanted. I wish SeKyung could have left JiHoon silently, allowing him happiness with another girl. In the end, I guess...instead of SeKyung starting anew in a new country, it was JunHyuk and JungEum who were forced to put their past behind and start anew. Even JiHoon's happiness was dragged down (whether or not he loved SeKyung...he would have been happy - living with his perfect job and a wife like JungEum). I see it as...for SeKyung to get her own happy ending (in a sense), other people's happiness had to be sacrificed (not only JunHyuk, JungEum, and JiHoon's...but even ShinAe and her father's).

As for the family, I guess the third baby represented the family's happiness. The grandparents and parents for obvious reasons...and with ShinAe no longer there, it showed that HaeRi had another company to replace ShinAe.

All in all, High Kick Through The Roof was a tragic sitcom. The lovely JiJung interactions that we saw throughout the show are what I'll miss the most...from their little, childish fights to their cute, sweet moments. 'Till the end, JiJung remains as my favorite pairing and I'm glad that High Kick created such an adorable couple. Thanks for the laughter and tears, High Kick!<3

Other than that, I think High Kick did a splendid job at casting its cast. Shin SeKyung played her role very well. This girl is an amazing actress and so capable. And Hwang JungEum...no one could play JungEum's character as well as she did. It was a difficult role for a girl...with all of the embarrassing situations that this girl had to play out. And definitely Jin JiHee - gosh, I can't wait to see her grow up to be an awesome actress; she's so good!<3 I look forward to seeing all of these High Kick actors in future projects.

Anyhow, it's been fun, High Kick thread!<3 I loved coming here to spazz over cute scenes and analyze various happenings, haha. Thanks to all those who contributed links and pictures and news for the past couple of months. (:

Guest HyoMi_Karmenz

I always heard of this but I never really knew what it was about, thanks to this I know what it's about! :)

Guest hyunica214

to think positively, my assumption is that 3 years later, JunHyuk and JungEum are reminiscing about the past and are sad because they lost JiHoon and SeKyung, who ended up together. You saw how affected and emotionally touched JiHoon was in the car listening to SeKyung, and I'm thinking they were in the 10 car collision and at that moment, time stopped where life just passed them by in the blink of an eye. they has their moment to realize how short life was and to not let fate get away...she said she would've only stayed for him, right? And if he thinks back on their time together, he did a lot for her without realizing and showed her a lot of care from his heart. JE ended things and keeps running away not wanting to pursue the relationship further. his mind and heart is open, and the PD said the character JH loved SK from the beginning, so there were little hints. sitcoms should not be tragic, but it's very creative that they had an open ending making viewers ponder what exactly happened, but it was not "fitting" to do that to a sitcom. i'll miss the cast and the fun storylines.

Guest andoneheadcanneverdie

is there any chance that they'll put out an another episode as an alternate ending for the fans?

Guest flyhighx93

Can anyone help me find a song that came out on episode 104?? it came out exactly at 9:04 (background song), when the SJ and JO are at a cafe drinking coffee and SJ is slowly getting annoyed of her.

omg i wanna know too .. tried searching the song with its lyrics by listening to it.. but i still can't find it D:

Guest revengeoftheflowers

Jung Eum and Se Kyung are two gorgeous girls, but they look like aliens when they do private photo shots. BETTER ANGLE LADIES.

Guest Jennie

As much I hate the ending and was hoping for a less complicated ending, I am slowly starting to understand what it means and maybe why the PD did this type of ending. After watching my High Kick marathon (yes, every weekend) since I discovered JiJung couple, this past weekend, I’m slowly understand what the PD is trying to get across.

Here is my interpretation of each of the 4 characters. And I am sorry if I might get it wrong, so you guys can correct me anytime.

SeKyung: Many considered her to be the main character in the High Kick. I am not going to debate about it since it’s really pointless as it brings no relevance; to me, I think each characters play a important role in High Kick. But what do I see SeKyung. I find that she is someone who is not happy in her life no matter who she is with; a depressing character. As a sister and daughter, she is almost someone who had to take care of everything. With the little money that she gets paid for at the Lee’s Household, she had to take care of her sister’s education, food, and clothing. She never has enough room to buy anything for herself. And you can just see by the clothes she wears, it’s always the same 2-4 shirts and jeans, and a black coat that Ji Hoon brought for her, and the apron. And when she had extra money to buy something, instead of buying something that she wants, she goes out to try something else that people like. For example, the Americano that Ji Hoon liked.

In her love life, the person she loved is Ji Hoon, but sadly, he never paid too much attention to her since all of his attention is to Jung Eum. And like someone said, the only time Ji Hoon would paid attention to SeKyung is when Jung Eum is not around. But his attention is more towards a brotherly care than as a lover. And when do we see Sekyung cried the most? When Ji Hoon rejects/say something mean to her or when she saw that Ji Hoon is in love with Jung Eum. But all this time, even when she realized that JunHyun had feelings for her, she still had her heart set on Ji Hoon till the end.

Sekyung didn’t have to be such a tragic, depressing character, but she choice that path. She could have accepted JunHyun’s love, but she kept rejecting him. Before episode 126, the last episode was aired, in epsoide 125 I thought, finally the girl have moved on by holdings hands with Junhyun and that beautiful kiss (still can’t get over that scenery), but as I gotten a closer understanding to it, I almost thought to myself, if she can’t give Junhyun her love, she will grant him one date with her, since it will be her last day before she leaves with her family and not have Junhyun lingering hatred towards her.

JunHyun: When you really think about it, out of the 4 characters, I think JunHyun should be the one that we pity the most. He is the one that suffers more than any character in High Kick. From the beginning to end, all the women he loved have all went to Ji Hoon, his uncle. And just when he thought that he finally have SeKyung, he lost her in the end. Maybe not to Ji Hoon, but the tragic accident. If you don’t know JunHyun, he may seem like a spoil brat, but deep down, he understands what goes on the most. He knows what goes on in the lives of SeKyung, Jung Eum, ShinAe, his sister, and especially his father. He became their support system, while others just act as if nothing happened.

To me personally, I find it very cruel for the PD to not give JunHyun any happiness at the end. He lost the woman he loved. And maybe, he still didn’t know that the woman he loved the most still loved his uncle, which is cruel. And to me, I think it will be really cruel if instead of Ji Hoon and Sekyung being part of the accident, but ran away together, but I doubt that is the scenario as you can see, when Jung Eum mentioned the accident and Sekyung’s name, he got emotional.

His love for SeKyung never changed. He was willing to trade in his “cool guy” image and acted like a kid when Sekyung gives him anything or ask him out on a date. I love it when he went to his uncle’s room to compare the length of the scarf that SeKyung made for him. And I love it when he was willing to suffer in the hands of his sister so that she didn’t reveal to Sekyung that her brother has a crush on her.

Jung Eum: A couple of us have brought out the idea that Jung Eum is the strongest character in here, which I believe is true. And no matter how much she suffered inside, she never let anybody know or drag them down with her. She always struggles by herself. When she had no money, she never went out to ask for help. The girl was willing to work 2 jobs to survive, sell all of her precious clothing to help her family. From the beginning to the end, no matter how much Jung Eum had to deal with, the one thing that made her different from any other characters in High Kick, she succeeds in what she do. When she first came onboard to be the teacher for JunHyun, he gave her a hard time like any other teachers he had, but what happen? She won him over and he had a little crush on her as well. She gave him encouragement and she worked very hard to teach him although she never graduated from Seoul, but she was smart enough to teach him. When you look from the outside, you would have thought that Jung Eum had everything. The looks, the clothes, the education, the boyfriend, but inside, she worked to earned all of this. And when she cries, she never shows that sadness to anyone, but herself and her dog.

Ji Hoon: I am not sure why some of us call him a coward, which I don’t think he is. I see him as a confusing person and at the same time, selfish with a little ego in him. For one, the man is NEVER aware what goes on in the house, until it becomes major. All he does is work work and work. I’m not trying to be bias here, but we have to admit, it’s only until Jung Eum showed up, when you see a lighter side and caring side of Ji Hoon. The caring side, I think has always been with him, since he is a doctor, but it’s the comical side of him that we don’t see until Jung Eum and him met. If there is anything selfish about him, it’s his job and love. Remember in episode 26 when his sister tried to protect him, instead of making his sister feel better, he screamed at her. And when it comes to love, he is as confused as he can be. He don’t understand how Jung Eum feels sometimes. Especially during their first date. I don’t blame Jung Eum for being bad at him. I know that he cares for her and all, but sometimes, there is a certain things a girl don’t need to share to her boyfriend and in this case, her butt (LOL). Or when Jung Eum thought they were dating, but to Ji Hoon, he considered it to be friendship.

What I see in the relationships:

JiSe: No matter how I see it, I think SeKyung had always love Ji Hoon until the very last second when she is with him. But for Ji Hoon, he knew only recently did SeKyung had feelings for him, but to what extend, he didn’t know. Until Epsiode 126, Ji Hoon thought that everything is all good between them, but when she told him that she was aware of him dating Jung Eum and she thanked him for being the first and last person who greeted her and send her off. SeKyung cried because Ji Hoon didn’t know that his actions have impacted her and hurt her. I really don’t see is his realization that SeKyung is his true love because it will be so cruel to Jung Eum and JunHyun. But all this time, to Ji Hoon, he thought that his caring was because he felt like she is a sister to him. But to SeKyung, it was love because all her life, she never knew what love is until Ji Hoon showed up in her life. To SeKyung, Ji Hoon taught her that love is bitter (ie: Americano reference) and happiness (Ji Hoon taking care of her). He got emotional because of what she told him. And when he asked her to repeat the “If time can stop for a moment,” it’s like she is asking time/god to give her this moment with him again (or to soak in this time with him a little longer as she still loves him very much and don’t want to leave) since she knows that she won’t have him as Ji Hoon belongs to Jung Eum once he drop her off the airport. In a sense, that part, she knows that she will lose Ji Hoon, the man she loved all this time.

JunSe: You know, I would be all JunSe crazy had the ending not be what it is. But for the woman he fought all this time, he lost her. I find between all the couples in High Kick, JunHyun is maybe the only one that suffered so much. He did everything to make SeKyung to recognize his love, but she still has her heart set on Ji Hoon. And then to know at the end of the tragedy of the woman you love, how much do he have to deal with. I find SeKyung is JunHyun first true love that gotten away. I wouldn’t say his soul mate because we don’t know that yet as their short dating was short for me to determine that. But if you recall what Jung Eum said at the end, when Jung Eum mentioned her name, he started to cry and this is even after 3 years, he still very much is in love with SeKyung. Really, once again, why do the PD have to be so cruel to JunHyun?

When you really think about it, it is not Ji Hoon who taught SeKyung, but JunHyun that taught her how to have fun and what life is about. But SeKyung is so stubborn to open her heart out for JunHyun. He taught her there is more to life, more color to life, than just pleasing people. JunHyun brought out the fun in her, but SeKyung didn’t really try to do that for him.

JunJung: I think Jung Eum didn’t really know if she liked JunHyun or not because she was confused. I think she got all tangled up to his kindness and protecting her, that she got her feelings mixed up. Just like both feelings, the two realized that their feelings towards each other are both like sister/brother than anything else. But the one thing I am glad was, if you really paid attention, the only person that JunHyun really could talk to beside Se Ho is actually Jung Eum. And the only person that Jung Eum was willing to share her suffering to is JunHyun. And at the last scene, it still’s the same way. JunHyun waiting for Jung Eum because he knew that was the only person that understood him. Even when he sees her at the lowest point, he didn’t just stop there and listens to her, he goes all the way to help her. They have a very good connection with each other that remained as a friendship and who knows, auntie and nephew.

JiJung: Oh my couple. I still can’t get over the fact how cute they are. To me, I think if death was not what the PD is not aiming at than coma is, then I think JiJung couple is more likely survive compare to JunSe all due to how JunHyun reacted to the news. But I was always curious to why all of a sudden, fans were obsessed if JiJung and how the scarf kissing scene was ranked of the top 10 kiss in Korean drama. Now I know why…thanks to that ranking, I turned on 1 episode of JiJung (pre-dating and kissing) and I feel in love with them as well. I basically live and die just to see everyday of JiJung couple. There is something very comical and sweet between the two that just grabs my attention. I guess I am someone who falls for couples that plays pranks on each other because they hate each other, but then at the same time, there is a caring side of them for each other that they are not aware of. For Ji Hoon there is always that ego side of him that no one dares to touch except for one person and that is Jung Eum. She is willing to speak the truth or even tells him how she feels….how the world is not center around him and to please his needs and that he needs to open up a little bite more. Jung Eum was able to change that. To Ji Hoon, he always view Jung Eum is a girl with the pretty face, party girl, who drinks all the time. But he didn’t realize that there is the loyal, lost love side of Jung Eum as well. To Jung Eum, she is the only girl that he is willing to embarrass (example the reference to her panty showing). No one dare to play around with Ji Hoon because he always gives that cold shoulder, but Jung Eum fixed that and it which in ep. 55, even Ji Hoon said that he didn’t know why he does that around her. There is a saying how love can bring out the best side of that person, well I think that can reference to both of them.

They both went through a lot together. Losing their first love, dealing with family issues, social issues, etc. But they always had each other. And to me, the confused Ji Hoon since the break up with Jung Eum was due that. Jung Eum understood him and made him happy, calmness in his life. After the break up, he was confused, not knowing what happened and to deal with knowing that Sekyung had feelings for him, the man was lost. Seriously, had Jung Eum was still there for him, he would at least have that calmness with him, but since she was not, he just didn’t know what he was doing. He was totally lost. You rarely see him smile post Jung Eum. And when he finally saw her, in that Soju custom, you can see that little crack of smile in the Ji Hoon that we all come to see and love. Although that smile was short lived, but it was still better than nothing.

And the idea of Ji Hoon going his way to proof his love for Jung Eum by going to by the ring, that says something. Yes, this was before SeKyung confession, but Ji Hoon was at least already aware of SeKyung’s feeling. But he still choice to go after Jung Eum because he realized how much Jung Eum meant to him. I almost felt the day when Jung Eum was in the hospital, he holding her hand is very symbolic. How he all this time was not aware of her suffering and that she fought her trouble on her own. To Ji Hoon, he finds that selfish and he wanted to proof that Jung Eum that he was willing to fight together with her and not see her stuffer. The holding her hand was his realization that he wants to be with all for a life-time. It’s almost like that wedding vow: in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward, until death do us part. I think that was what the ring he brought and him hold her hand symbolized at the end.

And truthfully, if the PD was a JiSe shipper, he should have created this love story longer before this who crazy thing happened last week. I think had he done that, most of us fans would see and understand his action, but to give us only 3-4 episodes of JiSe, it will be so hard for any of us to understand. HOWEVER, I would like to thank him for bringing JiJung couple to life. And you know, as much as I didn’t get that happy ending, less complicated ending that we all desire, but I am glad that at least, there is some light at the end of the day for my JiJung. I might not watch the last episode ever again, but at least, I have 100+ episode to watch for my happy couple JiJung.

On the side note, there is some bizarre rumors out there that Hwang Jung Eum and her real life boyfriend, Kim Yong Jun broke up. And that Jung Eum is rumor to be with Daniel. LOL!!! Again, this whole Jung Eum, Yong Jun, and Daniel thing will never come to an end. But of course, that is just a rumor mill and should be taken seriously. As much as I love my JiJung couple and wouldn’t mind seeing them dating in real life, but Kim Yong Jun is not bad.

omg i wanna know too .. tried searching the song with its lyrics by listening to it.. but i still can't find it D:

hahaha they used that song when Jungeum and Junhyuk were pretending to be a couple at that one cafe.

I would like to know the song too~

Guest kazenai

4 people's career that I'll be following from here on.

1) Shin Se Kyung

2) Jung Eum

3) Choi Daniel

4) Yoon Si Yoon

I can't wait to see more of them. I know that JE was bad in EoE but she was definatelu awesome here. Se Kyung's role was limited but she's extremely talented and promising (based on QSD performance) , YSY ....REALLY good actor...his tears were vividly emotional!

Ji Hoon...... I just put him there cuz I think he belongs there xD

Guest rout345

sitcoms should not be tragic, but it's very creative that they had an open ending making viewers ponder what exactly happened, but it was not "fitting" to do that to a sitcom.

The only reason why anyone would see this ending as "very creative" is because they are such hardcore JiSe shippers that they don't mind destroying the show's original concept, JiHoon's character, plot continuity, comedy, and pretty much everything that made this show worth watching as long as their favorite couple "got together" at the end.

Seriously? That ending was SO BAD, it was actually funny. It was like watching some kind of strange horror-movie-parody. I had tears streaming down my face from laughing so hard. Somehow, there's nothing quite as pathetic as going for tragedy and ending up with farce. And I felt like they replaced JiHoon with a strange zombie-like-pod-character just so the PD could work out his Sekyung and JiSe fixation. If he wanted to do that couple so badly he should have worked them in from the beginning. But I guess JunSe and JiJung were more popular with the viewers, so they focused on those couples for most of the show just to grab ratings. Cheap trick, guys.

I really don't know what to say to people who can believe that Sekyung and JiHoon aren't dead. LMAO, so they're away on a desert island somewhere after having faked their deaths? LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL. No offense, but that's pretty "eu-chi-hae." But then again, the entire final episode was "eu-chi-hae" to the extreme, so maybe it's fitting. (Still, would JE and Junhyuk really talk the way they did 3 years in the future if JiSe ran away together? Um, I don't think so.)

Guest kazenai

The only reason why anyone would see this ending as "very creative" is because they are such hardcore JiSe shippers that they don't mind destroying the show's original concept, JiHoon's character, plot continuity, comedy, and pretty much everything that made this show worth watching as long as their favorite couple "got together" at the end.

Seriously? That ending was SO BAD, it was actually funny. It was like watching some kind of strange horror-movie-parody. I had tears streaming down my face from laughing so hard. Somehow, there's nothing quite as pathetic as going for tragedy and ending up with farce. And I felt like they replaced JiHoon with a strange zombie-like-pod-character just so the PD could work out his Sekyung and JiSe fixation. If he wanted to do that couple so badly he should have worked them in from the beginning. But I guess JunSe and JiJung were more popular with the viewers, so they focused on those couples for most of the show just to grab ratings. Cheap trick, guys.

I really don't know what to say to people who can believe that Sekyung and JiHoon aren't dead. LMAO, so they're away on a desert island somewhere after having faked their deaths? LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL. No offense, but that's pretty "eu-chi-hae." But then again, the entire final episode was "eu-chi-hae" to the extreme, so maybe it's fitting. (Still, would JE and Junhyuk really talk the way they did 3 years in the future if JiSe ran away together? Um, I don't think so.)

I also though the "ending was creative" =.=" and I'm a JiJung shipper. Geez, it was terribly sad but it was an OPEN ending. you can choose to believe the PD or live in your on world. There is no actual scene that show you that they are dead, so let others believe what they want. I ,for a fact, believe they didn't all die, but that's just my opinion...

Once again...most High Kick viewers were expection a tragic last episode!!!!

Guest Jennie

I also though the "ending was creative" =.=" and I'm a JiJung shipper. Geez, it was terribly sad but it was an OPEN ending. you can choose to believe the PD or live in your on world. There is no actual scene that show you that they are dead, so let others believe what they want. I ,for a fact, believe they didn't all die, but that's just my opinion...

Once again...most High Kick viewers were expection a tragic last episode!!!!

I agree, it was sad ending, but it was an open ending, so as much as people here can dislike me, I will live in my own JiJung world and believe that Ji Hoon is still alive and Jung Eum will marry him. I just find it so hard to see a love story cut short just like that because the PD feels the need to put his JiSe together. I find that crap, but he at least gave other shippers to think that just because of what SeKyung said to Ji Hoon, it doesn't mean that Ji Hoon will be with SeKyung. I remember that episode when Jung Eum acted like an old woman...well that will be JiJung 50 years later, my little foreshadowing into JiJung world as Ji Hoon did buy the ring already.

And route344 I understand your frustration friend. You basically said everything that was in my head when I first learned the ending. I was so angry that I almost was like..WTH dude, did you have to do that? Totally ruin the whole sitcom. Not only did it waste all the hard work that everybody put into this, but he also pissed the devoted viewers who was so loyal to this sitcom. I really don't see the beautiful side of the ending, I really don't. This is the reason why I hate open endings for a reason. But when I did my High Kick marathon this weekend, I had to come to terms with myself although it was so hard, that Hick Kick is over. But after rewatching it again, at least, the open ending has a lot of room for debate and up to viewers to determine themselves. It still bitters me to death even now though that he can't just keep the couple as is.

Archived